The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

this thread was whiny, heat of the moment kind of thing.

lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
this is the worst case scenario.
Post edited by lejoninna on

Comments

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    How are you getting that idea? I'd guess they're a lot type which means we can build them.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    You can build what you want on top of a skyscraper shell. I guess technically the top of the skyscraper will count as a lot, just with a height offset.
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    edited September 2016
    I haven't played Sims 3 but someone who did in another thread said you could use cheats to edit apartments as you see fit, so the same will probably happen for Sims 4 I would imagine.
  • Options
    that apartment they decorated looked a lot like a sims 3 kinda deal, but there was also a man banging on a door so idk
  • Options
    look, there are windows on the foundation. we can't build like that
    645_zps17i0vv1l.png
  • Options
    AllisasAllisas Posts: 48 Member
    This is my main concern as well. I really, really want to know if there is a way for us to build our own apartment buildings, like the townhouses above, and if we'll be able to add apartments to other worlds. Please, please, please let it be that way too, not only the TS3 kind..
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I would imagine it will be like Granite Falls. Where you can customize before moving a sim in, but can't once your sim moves in.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Wait, weren't we always able to build apartments in previous sims games? What we couldn't do was edit existing apartments when a family was already there, because well, when you are renting an apartment you can't take down walls or anything like that, so it makes sense... They honestly wouldn't limit us to some already created apartments in the city so we couldn't even build our own in other worlds, would they?! That would be a complete waste of a feature!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    that's all I wanna know .-. doesn't seem like it.

I'd be really surprised if you can't 'cos the devs know we like to build and customize stuff ourselves. You might need to use a cheat to unlock changing the smaller apartments but I really can't see them being 'locked' or something like that.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I'm pretty sure we can build our own apartments, but once your Sim moves in you can't start tearing down walls just like you can't in real life.
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    I really would rather not "revamp" a shell. I want to build it from the ground up. In TS2, I loved that ability. I was very disappointed in TS3's version, but still happily redid the shells. I just want my cake and eat it too! LOL
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    what about using apartments in the other cities? like in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek? I know lots of people who rent out rooms/floors in a regular sized house. like a duplex? Or do you think the apartment lot type is restricted to this new city?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    what about using apartments in the other cities? like in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek? I know lots of people who rent out rooms/floors in a regular sized house. like a duplex? Or do you think the apartment lot type is restricted to this new city?

Oh, Gawd. I hope it's not restricted to just the city. :s
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I hope so, because my favorite part of the game is actually building.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Let's hope they're like the TS2 style apartments - I built dozens of those myself (I'll probably boot up my old TS2 game to get some "blueprints" if we get this feature). It would be nice to also be able to do this in the other worlds. I'd love some row houses in Newcrest or a big farmhouse that's split in two for the Windenburg countryside. Or fancy (or not so fancy) attic apartments in Willow Creek - and converted warehouses too. So many things you can build, if it works like it did in TS2.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    edited September 2016
    Unlike houses, you're more limited in what you can do (the landlord won't be happy with you knocking out walls and building new bathrooms)

I'm guessing no. As it says you will be limited.

Edit: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-city-living-news link. :)

Edit 2: but by looking at the trailer the penthouses look completely editable like building an actual house on the roof of a sky scraper. So I'm actually looking forward to that!
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 739 Member
    edited September 2016
    Shearsy wrote: »
    Unlike houses, you're more limited in what you can do (the landlord won't be happy with you knocking out walls and building new bathrooms)

Edit 2: but by looking at the trailer the penthouses look completely editable like building an actual house on the roof of a sky scraper. So I'm actually looking forward to that!
    I guess what @lejoninna, and myself, meant is can we personally build our own apartment and be a landlord by ourselves? It will a BIG BACK STAB if WE CANNOT! Like 2nd Dine Out scenario.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

I guess what @lejoninna, and myself, meant is can we personally build our own apartment and be a landlord by ourselves? It will a BIG BACK STAB if WE CANNOT! Like 2nd Dine Out scenario.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay please make this buy a apartment and be the landlord of it be a reality
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

Probably not.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    645_zps17i0vv1l.png

They look like basements.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    645_zps17i0vv1l.png

They look like basements.

Basement apartments
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    the buildings are really tall, so it's most likely gonna be only a floor or two you can live on... so probably no?
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    It hasn't been confirmed one way or the other so we'll just have to wait to find out. However, it's been said we'll have both TS2 and TS3 style. The regular apartments would be more like TS2 style where you can edit when they're vacant. There was also mention of an apartment lot (which I'm hoping will be added in a patch), implying we can build our own and hopefully use them in other worlds.

The penthouses are supposedly like TS3 apartments. You build them on top of an apartment shell.

Granted these are all rumors based on the leaks but it makes no sense to have two styles of apartments (cheap with leaking pipes/roaches/noisy neighbors and expensive penthouses) of all of them are single dwellings built on a shell.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    NOPE! and seem like we won't be able to move apartments into other worlds either. sigh
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Apartments look weird. Why do they need their own aura and theme. I know plenty of people who moved into cheap apartments on the outside but the inside looks like a million bucks.