Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 City Living Trailer

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really hope singing Karaoke is a skill you can build. I really love to hear my guitar-playing sims sing, but the camp songs are getting a bit old. Doo-da, doo-da...

It could be a hidden skill like in previous games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Okay, but new tattoos, though. :#
    Screenshot%20306.png
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sims vip said that the 3 careers are politian, critic and social media. Could critic mean we can be food critic? And are these careers playable? So many questions.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Have you checked the blog post? Three new careers!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-city-living-news

:/ was expecting something more crooked. I like the idea of politicians, but social media and critic? Eh?
    What would have been really perfect here is police NPC and burglars. I mean you're talking about downtown.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Hmm, while it looks beautiful and will give my sim more social things to do I want to know if any deep game play has been included.

This is my concern too. I watched several times to see what the sims were doing that was new, or unique, or interactive with each other. Not much. Sims were sitting, or standing around talking, or doing things "individually". In other words, not much more than they already do. It's just more of the same shallow play except it's in a new location with new objects.

No BB scrimmage, just one guy taking a shot while others stand and watch. Lots of neat things....Some of it pretty gaudy though.

Yeah... I'm a bit worried too. I've watched the trailer quite a few times too and paused it trying to work out how the sims move around the areas and into the apartments etc and where the loading screens might be etc.

Maybe the new careers bring something brand new?

I'd be mostly interested if the karaoke brings a singing skill with it for down the road when a superstar type ep brings bands and things.

The politics doesn't really interest me.

I think it must as the guy sings badly and gets boo-ed while the girl sings well and everyone cheers. Question is whether is is only 5 levels or a full skill of 10 levels!

New careers are very welcome but I have to admit that most of my sims are self employed! lol
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    jenswebjensweb Posts: 6 New Member
    Will we be able to have Roommates???????
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    worried and excited. First of all I didn't think I would have any excitement at all, but at least from the first glance the expansion pack looks not so empty, which is amazing. Biggest worries:

not relating to any current game problems, focusing solely on the expansion I am worried about:
    Is the neighborhood the same size as the others? Because it looks grand in the trailer, but I'm afraid that it will be veeery tiny.
    Are apartments like The sims 2 or The Sims 3?

One thing that I did not expect, that did actually got me excited is electricity going down in the poor side of apartments. Made me feel like we would receive the more grimy and bad part of life. Makes me want to play a multiple children poor family. Just wish that there were interactions to go with that.

Of course you're excited. Trailers are designed to do that. Just looking at it superficially for the first look it seems like a lot of fun. After I watched it the first time I watched again with my concerns in mind. It's not quite as exciting if you're looking at it objectively with questions and past experiences in mind.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Okay, but new tattoos, though. :#
    Screenshot%20306.png

New Tattoos :love: and dat guy!!!

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    jensweb wrote: »
    Will we be able to have Roommates???????

Good question.

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

Of course you're excited. Trailers are designed to do that. Just looking at it superficially for the first look it seems like a lot of fun. After I watched it the first time I watched again with my concerns in mind. It's not quite as exciting if you're looking at it objectively with questions and past experiences in mind.

yup, hence why I'm waiting for info and then for reviews. On the surface at least it looks like they tried to jam pack it with content. However that is the surface. I'm afraid that EA might have cut courners.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hmm, while it looks beautiful and will give my sim more social things to do I want to know if any deep game play has been included.

This is my concern too. I watched several times to see what the sims were doing that was new, or unique, or interactive with each other. Not much. Sims were sitting, or standing around talking, or doing things "individually". In other words, not much more than they already do. It's just more of the same shallow play except it's in a new location with new objects.

No BB scrimmage, just one guy taking a shot while others stand and watch. Lots of neat things....Some of it pretty gaudy though.

Yeah... I'm a bit worried too. I've watched the trailer quite a few times too and paused it trying to work out how the sims move around the areas and into the apartments etc and where the loading screens might be etc.

I'd be mostly interested if the karaoke brings a singing skill with it for down the road when a superstar type ep brings bands and things.

I think it must as the guy sings badly and gets boo-ed while the girl sings well and everyone cheers. Question is whether is is only 5 levels or a full skill of 10 levels!

New careers are very welcome but I have to admit that most of my sims are self employed! lol

Same with me. I don't use careers too often and have never played politician in ANY of the series.

I'm curious about the EP, world, and apartments, but not overly enthused because of lack of in depth game play so far with Sims 4.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i must say that i like this it looks really great with the mix of some sims 3 and 2 features yay!!!
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Jeez. Those clothes were all eyesores. Seriously, who designed those things and who gave them the okay?

Other than that, this pack looks promising. I'm excited but skeptical. If the apartments work like how they do in TS2 then I'll gladly buy this the day it comes out.
  • Options

Same with me. I don't use careers too often and have never played politician in ANY of the series.

I'm curious about the EP, world, and apartments, but not overly enthused because of lack of in depth game play so far with Sims 4.

Yep, I guess we aren't going to know if anything of real depth has been included until we can ask some questions or maybe watch a live stream.

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member
    Maddis wrote: »
    I found an Elevator :blush:

Aufzug.png

I wonder how they work though... in the penthouse shot you can see a sim walking down some outside stairs so that has got me thinking that perhaps the elevator might not actually work but rather just transport your sim through a loading screen and into their apartment.

I think it's a two floor apartment. The elevator likely wouldn't extend to the 2nd floor
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Well, seems like at least they heard our complaints from GT and decided to give us a bunch of new things with this EP. I'm happy to see that we're getting some old, "ordinary" objects/activities back into the game and nothing too crazy. Specially pleased with karaoke coming back, as well as video games (finally!).

But I'm still worried about the apartments and how they will work... It doesn't seem like it will be TS2 style and it will be a major disappointment if this is the case. I won't mind if we can't edit them (there will most likely be a cheat anyway), but I really need to be able to put several different households in one lot, as opposed to one household in one apartment and the rest is filled with random generated townies (like we need more of them to ruin our games!).
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    All of these sims are sitting down to watch the karaoke show! https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/29547484782/in/album-72157672723219051/

I hope that programming will also apply to entertainers and weddings!

(They all have drinks while they're watching the show, too. I wonder if they staged that or if we'll get some kind of cocktail waitress for shows???)
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Maddis wrote: »
    I found an Elevator :blush:

Aufzug.png

I wonder how they work though... in the penthouse shot you can see a sim walking down some outside stairs so that has got me thinking that perhaps the elevator might not actually work but rather just transport your sim through a loading screen and into their apartment.

I think it's a two floor apartment. The elevator likely wouldn't extend to the 2nd floor

Good point. Thing is we know there will have to be a loading screen at some point, perhaps it is when the sims walk in the main door off the street? Be interesting to find out for sure.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Have you checked the blog post? Three new careers!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-city-living-news

:/ was expecting something more crooked. I like the idea of politicians, but social media and critic? Eh?
    What would have been really perfect here is police NPC and burglars. I mean you're talking about downtown.

True, maybe they didn't market those as they'll put them in a patch? Who knows.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited September 2016
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Jeez. Those clothes were all eyesores. Seriously, who designed those things and who gave them the okay?

Other than that, this pack looks promising. I'm excited but skeptical. If the apartments work like how they do in TS2 then I'll gladly buy this the day it comes out.

That's my only issue at the moment. :D I was hoping for less flashy clothing and items, since that's all we seem to get. But hopefully it isn't all like that.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2016
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    All of these sims are sitting down to watch the karaoke show! https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/29547484782/in/album-72157672723219051/

I hope that programming will also apply to entertainers and weddings!

(They all have drinks while they're watching the show, too. I wonder if they staged that or if we'll get some kind of cocktail waitress for shows???)

Most likely staged. Don't hold your breath for that to happen in game. Remember they staged several sims sitting down and eating at bakeries when that wasn't possible to do with the EP.

edit: although I gotta say, if that picture is indeed staged, then wow, they totally went out of their way this time....
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Yep, I guess we aren't going to know if anything of real depth has been included until we can ask some questions or maybe watch a live stream.

I haven't even played since adding the BY stuff pack, so I am sure I can wait for a sale for anything to do with the game.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    And Ringo Starr also, but no drums.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options

I haven't even played since adding the BY stuff pack, so I am sure I can wait for a sale for anything to do with the game.

I haven't played for a week or 2 (that's a life time for me!) so waiting for much more info is a must for me this time around. No more dashing off and buying it instantly!