Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 City Living Trailer

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Hmm, while it looks beautiful and will give my sim more social things to do I want to know if any deep game play has been included.

This is my concern too. I watched several times to see what the sims were doing that was new, or unique, or interactive with each other. Not much. Sims were sitting, or standing around talking, or doing things "individually". In other words, not much more than they already do. It's just more of the same shallow play except it's in a new location with new objects.

No BB scrimmage, just one guy taking a shot while others stand and watch. Lots of neat things....Some of it pretty gaudy though.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Hold up, first second of the trailer. can we place windows on a foundation for basements? or is this just an apartment thing...

if this is just an apartment thing... could it be apartments are not editable?

That only certain floors we can edit? and if we live in the apartment, we can edit the floor plans, but not outside of our suite. if that's the case can we even build our own apartments? or is it a cheat, like bb.enablefreebuild?

http://simsvip.com/2016/09/13/official-blog-sims-4-city-living-coming-soon/

Unlike houses, you’re more limited in what you can do (the landlord won’t be happy with you knocking out walls and building new bathrooms), but there’s a lot of gameplay found in the few hundred square feet of your Sim’s new apartment.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Also, is that song in the game already? If not I'm getting my begging bowl out. I thought it was good.

It was wonderful!!! :)<3<3
    I am sooooooo excited! It looks great!!! <3<3<3
    And it comes out in early November!? I couldn't believe at first!!! I wasn't expecting it till December!! :):) I am happy! <3
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hold up, first second of the trailer. can we place windows on a foundation for basements? or is this just an apartment thing...

That only certain floors we can edit? and if we live in the apartment, we can edit the floor plans, but not outside of our suite. if that's the case can we even build our own apartments? or is it a cheat, like bb.enablefreebuild?

That's not fx it's built with build mode, but the window is new, it might be a window specific to foundations. Either way, been waiting on that for a while.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Yes! No teleportation!

o.O

We haven't exactly seen sims using elevators, nor elevator woohoo.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Unlike houses, you’re more limited in what you can do (the landlord won’t be happy with you knocking out walls and building new bathrooms), but there’s a lot of gameplay found in the few hundred square feet of your Sim’s new apartment.

Unless I don't do it through my Sims though?
    like manage worlds and create an apartment?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    NickSims wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm the only one excited for the basement that sticks out of the ground floor lol.

Where? I totally missed that!

I'm really excited for this EP! But now I need more information, lol. I'm very curious to hear about how apartments will work. Like 2? 3? Some sort of hybrid?

Look at the 0:18-19 section, the brownstones behind the basketball player shooting dunk shots. It looks like you've got windows into the basement; if that's not just a decorative effect that would be a cool feature.

And for those concerned about apartments, right after that moment you see an actual apartment, not just a penthouse...doesn't show if it's Sims 2 or Sims 3 style, but hopefully we'll get more information. And that apartment looks a bit run-down (looks like the circuit breaker develops a short) so it's not all glitz and glamour like the penthouses.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    OMG I CANNOT STOP CRYING OF JOY!!!111!!!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Hmm, while it looks beautiful and will give my sim more social things to do I want to know if any deep game play has been included.

This is my concern too. I watched several times to see what the sims were doing that was new, or unique, or interactive with each other. Not much. Sims were sitting, or standing around talking, or doing things "individually". In other words, not much more than they already do. It's just more of the same shallow play except it's in a new location with new objects.

No BB scrimmage, just one guy taking a shot while others stand and watch. Lots of neat things....Some of it pretty gaudy though.

Yeah... I'm a bit worried too. I've watched the trailer quite a few times too and paused it trying to work out how the sims move around the areas and into the apartments etc and where the loading screens might be etc.

Maybe the new careers bring something brand new?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay, so I'm the only one excited for the basement that sticks out of the ground floor lol.

I'm really excited for this EP! But now I need more information, lol. I'm very curious to hear about how apartments will work. Like 2? 3? Some sort of hybrid?

Look at the 0:18-19 section, the brownstones behind the basketball player shooting dunk shots. It looks like you've got windows into the basement; if that's not just a decorative effect that would be a cool feature.

And for those concerned about apartments, right after that moment you see an actual apartment, not just a penthouse...doesn't show if it's Sims 2 or Sims 3 style, but hopefully we'll get more information. And that apartment looks a bit run-down (looks like the circuit breaker develops a short) so it's not all glitz and glamour like the penthouses.

I took a load of screenshots and noticed the windows :D I wonder if they are real or just wall decoration?

tumblr_odgdxyfOmJ1vflx9go2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_odgdxyfOmJ1vflx9go10_r1_1280.jpg

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I'll be waiting for an unbiased review or an LP by a non squealing player. I have a lot of questions.

Will the culling pop cap be raised?
    Has anything been done about camera bounce? If not those hi rises will be useless to me.
    I didn't see them in the trailer but I'm guessing no supernaturals.

and lots more questions..........

Bring on LGR! I would like to see what he has to say.

I think he would say once again it's nice dressing, but I don't see anything that improves or enhances the core of the game which is relationships, interactions, and personalities.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I just saw an edge TV!
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Unless I don't do it through my Sims though?
    like manage worlds and create an apartment?

I'm going to guess it's like the apartments in Bridgeport. You couldn't edit them without using a building cheat code. TS4 has a lot less creative ability than TS3 so I'll guess we'll ahve to wait and find out.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2016
    I cannot!

[img][/img]2gvvgvt.gif
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    s33man wrote: »
    more partying.

^^ Lol yeah I thought of that too... Are they ever going to make this game any sort of family theme at all?

Parties are fun to show -- but it doesn't mean that it's just partying. Imagine getting the family together to go shoot hoops, or the kids can play with the new video console, and of course we saw the kids enjoying the sparklers and other fireworks. All that is part of family life as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member

Not just you. One of the first things I noticed was the window on the foundation. :p
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I noticed there are taxis--

Hoping they aren't just ambent decoration objects.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    worried and excited. First of all I didn't think I would have any excitement at all, but at least from the first glance the expansion pack looks not so empty, which is amazing. Biggest worries:

not relating to any current game problems, focusing solely on the expansion I am worried about:
    Is the neighborhood the same size as the others? Because it looks grand in the trailer, but I'm afraid that it will be veeery tiny.
    Are apartments like The sims 2 or The Sims 3?

One thing that I did not expect, that did actually got me excited is electricity going down in the poor side of apartments. Made me feel like we would receive the more grimy and bad part of life. Makes me want to play a multiple children poor family. Just wish that there were interactions to go with that.
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member

Well now, that's interesting! Yup, I definitely need to know more about how apartments work. I'm very glad that there's some more run-down apartments. TS4 has overall been a bit too shiny for me. I wonder if we could have a pest problem in our apartments. Now that's realistic!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    Have you checked the blog post? Three new careers!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-city-living-news
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    Sims jogging together!

Do you think so? I hope so, they didnt have the little group plumbob over their heads tho, I so want jog together to be a thing, they dont have to talk, just move as a pack is all I am really after.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @knazzer I think they'll just be decoration going by the blog as the sims apartments are seemingly very small and most probably won't be multi-level or have a basement.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    lukas11xxf wrote: »
    I noticed there are taxis--

Hoping they aren't just ambent decoration objects.

There is a taxi in the trailer, but looks like FX, could be wrong.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yeah... I'm a bit worried too. I've watched the trailer quite a few times too and paused it trying to work out how the sims move around the areas and into the apartments etc and where the loading screens might be etc.

Maybe the new careers bring something brand new?

I'd be mostly interested if the karaoke brings a singing skill with it for down the road when a superstar type ep brings bands and things.

The politics doesn't really interest me.
  • Options
    happyal1891happyal1891 Posts: 54 Member
    I really hope singing Karaoke is a skill you can build. I really love to hear my guitar-playing sims sing, but the camp songs are getting a bit old. Doo-da, doo-da...