Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Female muscle

MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
In the Sims community, are muscular female sims frowned upon? I thought this might be true because I saw some mods that keep sims from getting muscular/fat.

Do people find muscular females (sims or IRL) unattractive?

Just to be clear, I'm not a feminist. I'm not trying to promote my opinion, either. Just trying to better understand the perspectives of the community.

EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking when i said that feminist thing. please disregard.
Post edited by MeteoricDragon on

Comments

• Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I myself love muscular females (in game and out haha). However, I can't seem to buff up my gals in this game :disappointed: I wish it were easier to make my female sims stronger/more muscular.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't care. In game or irl.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Just to be clear, I'm not a feminist.

.-.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    It just depends on the sim and what personality I have assigned to them. My lazy sims are never muscular/fit. LOL
    That being said, the majority of my sim females are pretty dang fit because yoga gives me the ability to teleport, and many of my builds have secret occult towers that are only accessible via teleportation. All my wanna be witches are fit and muscular, and I definitely approve of the look on them.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    parbopostcardsparbopostcards Posts: 78 Member
    I love my muscular gals LOL!
    IRL they are cool too, but not the really buff body builder types....
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I think those mods came around the time yoga was intensely beefing up sims at an alarming rate. They fixed it now so it doesn't make your sim buff like right after doing yoga for a little.

As for beefy females, I love em. My dream body :bawling:but I'm so lazy it'll never be achieved
  • Options
    ReveryRevery Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like a muscular frame on sims and on real life people as long as it does not look like a product of steroids. I always find putting the fitness slider at least half-way up improves the look of most sims that would otherwise just appear to be skinny. Characters like Korra from the Legend of Korra series are aesthetically appealing to me, but I also like softer looking body types.

That being said, although I'm personally not attracted to a bodybuilder type physique, I don't mind it on sims/real people of any gender.

EDIT: With regards to the mods you mentioned I think those just keep sims locked in the body shape you gave them in CAS (I can't confirm this right now). Overall, I think people are using them to prevent the game from altering their sims too much, I can see how storytellers in particular would be upset if their characters changed too drastically. I also think plenty of people idealize their sims' bodies to a certain degree and while some people prefer a very skinny look, others might like a voluptuous or ripped appearance.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I don't know own what feminism has to do with that... but personally I love muscular female sims. It definitely depends on what story I'm playing, but most of my sims have a little muscle, if not completely beefed up. I had one really muscular sim that I used as a trainer.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As indicated by others, the mod came into widespread use because certain fitness activities such as the punching bag or yoga resulted in a sim blowing up like they've been on anabolic steriods. Various updates and patches have resolved those issues.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Mostly just personal preference for that specific sim.

I have a wimp, that's supposed to cow tow to his mother, his wife, his boss, pretty much everyone and, i want him to look like a scrawny little wimp so, I don't want him to gain muscles or weight.

Another one is modeled after a heavy set, famous chef so I want her to stay on the fat side.

Another is modeled after Jillian Michaels so, she is one buff lady and, had best stay that way.

My body builder needs to be buff too

My settlers need to stay thin and have moderate muscles because living off farming and gathering w/o power is hard work and, food is scarce that way.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »
    I don't know own what feminism has to do with that...
    Neither do I! :p I wasn't thinking clearly when I made that post.

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member

Just to be clear, I'm not a feminist

what
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I like all my female sims to have an athletic, muscular appearance most of the time. The only time they gain any weight is when they are preggers. It's just a preferred aesthetic look for me and I have never used any mods to achieve it. My female sims all use the workout machine, treadmill and swim a lot to stay buff and slim. :)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I truly do not care whether a Sim, male or female, is muscular.
    I'm not particularly attracted to an extremely buff figure, but in the end, it doesn't matter to me either way. If all of my Sims looked the same, then I would get bored. :p
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I don't find muscular women attractive, personally. I like a little meat on the bones as long as it's spread evenly and not of the "I eat ice cream right from the container" variety.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I am a feminist. Proudly so. Strong women rock. And they don't have to have muscles to prove it.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yeah, you hardly ever see muscular females but on the flip side you hardly ever see skinny/average/fat males. We need more diverse body shapes across the genders on the Gallery!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don't find muscular women attractive, personally. I like a little meat on the bones as long as it's spread evenly and not of the "I eat ice cream right from the container" variety.

I eat ice cream from the container and I'm pretty fit:D
    It doesn't matter if you eat ice cream from the container or from a bowl as long as you don't finish the whole container in one sitting:D

Back to the topic, I do find muscular people/sims attractive. Most of my male sims have their muscle sliders up top. However, for females, I prefer to have it in the middle or slightly above the middle because if I go higher then their waist magically disappears. I like females to be curvy&fit (aka. fitness bikini as opposed to bodybuilding)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    The mod I think was for people who didnt want any of their Sims figures to change. Sometimes doin a certain thing would increase fat or muscle too much so they used this to stop it until it got retuned
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited October 2016
    The mod I think was for people who didnt want any of their Sims figures to change. Sometimes doin a certain thing would increase fat or muscle too much so they used this to stop it until it got retuned

That sums it up nicely. I've used (and still do) mods to keep my Sims from being altered, either along the skinny/fat or the musculature sliders. At first, I didn't want to. I had fully intended to play the game as designed and to let in-game fitness activities and such determine their physique.

But for me, it was just too crazy. I tried, but Sim after Sim I kept getting frustrated that it was so difficult to keep a Sim looking relatively as I'd envisioned them. The game (IMO) just makes changes far, far too quickly and radically. I spend a lot of time creating each Sim to my liking, and it was just too hard to maintain them in a reasonable semblance of that liking. So I gave up on the game and went to the mods. Now all my Sims look the way I mean them too, at a loss of a bit of realism from the exercise/nutrition system. Overall, it's much more satisfying for me. YMMV, and all that.

ETA: It really isn't specifically about females or males, nor is it about being 'overly muscular' any more than it's about being 'overly skinny' or 'overly fat' -- the mods, for me, simply prevent what I see as a far too radical system of changes to my Sims. Don't know how/why you seem to have linked the use of these mods to 'muscular females.'
    Pay for product -- not potential!