Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The City World Coming With City Life

This topic is specifically on the new city world.

How big do you think it will be?

Do you thing apartment high rises will have balconies to overlook the city?

Do you think this world will come with a lot of empty lots especially big ones to place stuff on?

What do you think the name of the city will be?

I'm hoping for something like Bridgeport only bigger with even more tower buildings and lots of water.

I'm hoping this city will make Windenburg's pale in comparison but of course WB's city is in the background we''ll get to visit or live in this one so I can see being surrounded by large buildings and towers.

This is just mainly for speculating or what you'd like to see.

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am hoping for a dark, kind of scary city with a nice expensive district with skyscrapers, maybe a neighbourhood, which is like a dirty suburb.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want districts, Each different looking for example a rough dangerous district, A posh expensive bit, Downtown area and a suburb bit. Also I want a city that integrates many other cities.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm truly hoping we get in a patch before the pack is released --- multiple lots option. I would love to build a restaurant, fashion boutique and coffee shop below my apartments. It would be a bit more realistic to have multiple lot types on one lot. I'm also hoping that we get an additional 4 to 5 above-ground floor levels in the game. And if we do get apartments perhaps we will also get elevators and spiral staircases?
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I expect the world to be small, with tiny lots, and a lot of areas that are just background where our Sims can't even go. Sorry! I know I'm being a Debbie Downer, but EA has taught me to have low expectations for Sims 4.

What I HOPE it will be is a large city with a ton of playable lots, plenty of large empty lots; apartments, vampires, new careers (would LOVE rock star and actor careers), new traits and new recipes, and the ability for our Sims to play together in a band again like they could in Sims 3. If the expansion had all of that, it would exceed my expectations and I'll spend the next six months praising how wonderful it all is.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I expect a world of equal or greater size to Windenburg, but with double the lots if not even more.

WB was a great effort, it displayed that the game was capable of handling 'bigger' worlds. However, it does have some issues; the biggest being the massive amounts of wasted space. They spared no expense building WB up using all kinds of decorative stuff - but left huge areas open with little to no gameplay within them. This results in little to no sims in the public area, which contradicts the developers statements about how the public space operated and how it would always be full of Sims.

Clearly the biggest factor is the 20 sim limit. That's not a lot of sims, and you will find most of them gravitate toward the active lot. If we had more lots, the wasted space would be less noticeable because there wouldn't be as much space to be wasted.

I don't plan on buying the pack at this point, but I still have some pretty high expectations. If this pack uses the world as a selling point (like GT did with WB), I will pass it up entirely. Worlds are not a selling point! You don't buy a painting for the canvas underneath, you buy it for the paint that is being displayed on the canvas! Maxis certainly has it backwards.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I hope it comes with some new careers. Cause just the world would be pretty boring
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    This topic is specifically on the new city world.

Do you think this world will come with a lot of empty lots especially big ones to place stuff on?

I'm hoping for something like Bridgeport only bigger with even more tower buildings and lots of water.

I'm hoping this city will make Windenburg's pale in comparison but of course WB's city is in the background we''ll get to visit or live in this one so I can see being surrounded by large buildings and towers.

I don't know.

*think and maybe.

No.

I don't know.

It's not going to be as big as Bridge Port and you will only be able to see water from one front unless there's a neighbourhood island.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    simgame wrote: »
    I hope it comes with some new careers. Cause just the world would be pretty boring

Knowing TS4 and it's team nowadays, I'd expect the world to be feature number 1 and apartments or penthouses as feature number 2 (regardless of them being like in TS2 or not).

If we get any career, it'll probably just be one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    Probably on the scale of Windenburg.
    More venue districts than housing, but of the residential, 75% rental, 25% home ownership.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    I am also thinking Windenburg. With elevators and highrises. Also I hope vampires. Crosses fingers.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd like a little more grime.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    small
    at most as big as Windenburg

there could be probably balconies but sims won't be able to use them cause those will be decorational only

there might be one or two big lots

New Sim City
    Nueva Vista
    Simcago

it will be at most 1/4 of Bridgeport & half of it won't be accessible due to backdrops
    there might be a river

if Windenburg will look pale depends on player's preference

there will be one additional career
    there won't be any vampires or any other life states
    thre might be a ton of new recipies, especially for mixed drinks
    there might be more brawl & angry sims will be stomping down the street on foot or drag on in a sad mood
    there might be one additional trait

this EP won't contain what i would like to play
    should there be apartments, then they will function even more trunkated than TS3's apartments were
    the cars will be still decoration only
    there will be even more randomly spawned & culled NPCs
    & more entertainment options for sims to enjoy themselves in their empty selfishly spoiled life
    & since i would be bored with its gameplay so i will be sitting this one out & waiting for a drastic drop in price some months or years later :sunglasses:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I think it will likely be larger than Willow Creek/Oasis Springs and more along the lines of Windenburg's size. I hope it has distinct hoods: bustling downtown, ultra-modern district, grittier district, semi-suburban district and a modern beach. It would also be nice if it had a big park on its own separate hood like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs do, it could take inspiration from Central Park and have some new activities like basketball and swings. I also hope we get a hidden lot, maybe something like a beautiful and peaceful lakeside away from the bustle of the city, or something more mysterious if we do get a supernatural. I usually don't like supernaturals but I'm hyping myself thinking about witches or vampires, and if they were more mysterious and harder to come by like in TS2. I need this EP now!
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    @Simanite That sounds awesome! I'd love to have a park like Central Park!

It would be awesome to see the return of grocery stores, we could even get apartments like in TS2 and TS3 at the same time, in the huge modern area we could have penthouses like in TS3 and in the suburban area we could have apartments like the ons in TS2. The EP could even bring cars!

I'm more excited that I thought I'd be lol.
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I just want apartments. Sims 2-style apartments preferably but I am going to assume we'll get Sims 3-style with one household per lot so I won't be too disappointed.

I would like a central park area, and venues like movie theatres! I would adore the ability to have a venue like a restaurant on the ground floor with a livable apartment on top. They could be two different lots but sorta connected. A girl can dream!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Penelope wrote: »
    I expect the world to be small, with tiny lots, and a lot of areas that are just background where our Sims can't even go. Sorry! I know I'm being a Debbie Downer, but EA has taught me to have low expectations for Sims 4.

What I HOPE it will be is a large city with a ton of playable lots, plenty of large empty lots; apartments, vampires, new careers (would LOVE rock star and actor careers), new traits and new recipes, and the ability for our Sims to play together in a band again like they could in Sims 3. If the expansion had all of that, it would exceed my expectations and I'll spend the next six months praising how wonderful it all is.

Well Windenburg was nothing like that, so my guess is that won't be the case.
    There's no area of Windenburg that feels like it suddenly stops. The team did a good job in making it so the world feels like we can play all that looks interesting.

The issue with the base game worlds, is they made the areas outside the playable area more interesting than where we were.
    In Windenburg, the areas that we have feel the most alive, and I have no interest in the areas being bigger or exploring further.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I think it will likely be larger than Willow Creek/Oasis Springs and more along the lines of Windenburg's size. I hope it has distinct hoods: bustling downtown, ultra-modern district, grittier district, semi-suburban district and a modern beach. It would also be nice if it had a big park on its own separate hood like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs do, it could take inspiration from Central Park and have some new activities like basketball and swings. I also hope we get a hidden lot, maybe something like a beautiful and peaceful lakeside away from the bustle of the city, or something more mysterious if we do get a supernatural. I usually don't like supernaturals but I'm hyping myself thinking about witches or vampires, and if they were more mysterious and harder to come by like in TS2. I need this EP now!

I would like a nice big city park for my sims with statues and fountains and open space for lying on the grass. Bring back the picnic basket. Add in Frisbee golf. Add in water fountains. Kids play ground. An area with a view for painters. Jogging path. Fishing areas. Food carts.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm hoping for a blend of TS3 Bridgeport and ts2 apartment life I think it was called. With the apartments more like ts2 where multiple families live in 1 building

Edited to add: more low end, grunge furniture
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2016
    I just want a Chinatown district. In addition to having a very unique visual style (and the opportunity for some great street food vendors- which was in that EA survey a while back), it also would give Maxis a chance to revisit some World Adventures content, which is always welcome.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    SimmerinLifeSimmerinLife Posts: 26 Member
    I think it will be the same size as Windenburg but I really want to have really tall apartments with more than one floor you can live in and cultural districts like Chinatown etc.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You guys are getting me excited with your amazing ideas!
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I'm hoping for diversity in neighbourhoods - some gritty ones and also MULTICULTURAL! Please! That would be amazing. :)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Penelope wrote: »

Well Windenburg was nothing like that, so my guess is that won't be the case.
    There's no area of Windenburg that feels like it suddenly stops. The team did a good job in making it so the world feels like we can play all that looks interesting.

The issue with the base game worlds, is they made the areas outside the playable area more interesting than where we were.
    In Windenburg, the areas that we have feel the most alive, and I have no interest in the areas being bigger or exploring further.

Windenburg was pretty big but there was still room for more lots on the map though imo and same for newcrest considering one side of the map is almost empty lol, hopefully the map will be full of lots and all things nice lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    caraBAMFcaraBAMF Posts: 12 New Member
    I just hope multiple families can eventually live on the same lot (for the apartment dwellings).
  • Options
    khnum21khnum21 Posts: 28 Member
    My expectations for Sims 4 City Life, is not some great departure from the what the game has been so far. Like each expansion pack that has come out I do expect it to add more gameplay experiences, a new world/environment, and tons of long awaited items/features that have been missing since Sim 2 and to a lesser extant Sims 3. Here is my list of hopeful additions:

World/Environment:

I want it to feel like a real city and as beautifully themed each world has been so far i know they can pull it off. like alot of others have said the neighborhoods should range from Upscale luxury highrises and skyscrapers to a grity more rundown style low rent suburbs. As for the social venues there should be like a downtown district sort of like Time Square or Broadway, with lots of lights and glowing signs that really make it alive at night. Thats where you would find your Clubs, Dive bars, cafes, book stores, art galleries, and I hopfully some sort of theatre house for stage acting or bands to play in like on Broadway. And as a note there should be some homeless Sims around since it is the city.

Gameplay Experiences:

-New careers that most people move to the city for, its doesn't matter to me if they are active (like Get to Work) or non-active (Like the base game). Examples of options would be Government/Mayor, Fashion Model/Designer, Actor/Director, Reality Star, etc.

-Apartments similar to how it was set up in Sims 2 Aperment Life here you can have atleast 4 or more familes living on one lot, with a well thought out system so each family will keep to its own designated Apartment and pay their own rent. Also the ability to put an Advetisment out for a random Roomate that you cant control...lol.

-A Reputation system that would be a mix of the Sims 2: Apartment life Rep and Sims 3: Late Night celebrity rep system. it would effect how other sims view you in your career, lovelife, who responds to your roomate ads, and if bouncers let you into clubs.

-Playable Vampires Like in Sims 2: Nightlife and Sims 3: Late Night. they have done such a great job with aliens in Sims 4 I know they would make the special abilities and sunlight restrictions awesome.

Items/Features:

-Murphy wall beds and even bunk beds would be great.

-Elevators and Spiral staircases

- New city related traits and aspirations.

-A new radio station/ songs that has more hiphop, R&B, and techno options.

-And of course lots of new CAS options.