Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim just had sextuplets!!!

I recently added the mod where you can have more than 8 sims. I was going to keep it low, I only wanted to mod so that the matriarch wouldn't have to die before her grandchildren were born. So I thought "I'll stop at 11 sims and no more, then wait to some of the older ones die before reproduction starts again". Take Ariel to the hospital with her husband and it says "You got a boy!", I thought "Bother, I wanted a girl". I reluctantly name him as I had a girl's name in mind (I'd made Ariel listen to pop music for 3 days straight). Click okay, then "You got a boy!" I thought "Oh dear over the 11 sim mark and still a boy". Give name, click okay and then another message. This time a girl! I was happy...then another, and another and another baby message!!! I nearly ctrl, alt, delete thinking the game was just stuck on repeat, but no sextuplets! I don't even know how I will cope...

[img][/img]Ev0MuVHl.png

Comments

• Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    That's so awesome!
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Haha yeh, although 1 is usually hard for me to care for and now I have 6 :D
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    By any chance, do you have the name of that mod? I was looking for something like this, but wasn't sure which one I could trust
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Oh man, good luck caring for them. I've had triplets a few times and those were nightmare enough.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    For future reference, when wanting to determine a gender, try eating either strawberries (female) or carrots (male), rather than only listening to the radio.

OT, though, that's insaaane. :# I think I would go mad with that many children!
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Was it the mod that allowed you to have sextuplets?? I'm just wondering in a household of 2 or less, unmodded, if there's a chance of having 6 babies....
  • Options
    By any chance, do you have the name of that mod? I was looking for something like this, but wasn't sure which one I could trust

I used the mods suggested by Moderate Osprey here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896020/eleven-sims-one-household
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Oh man, good luck caring for them. I've had triplets a few times and those were nightmare enough.

Haha thanks, I already have trouble with the children's constant wakings of the annoying monster under the bed thing, and now 6 babies...

For future reference, when wanting to determine a gender, try eating either strawberries (female) or carrots (male), rather than only listening to the radio.

OT, though, that's insaaane. :# I think I would go mad with that many children!

Oh yeh I know about the strawberries, but I cba hahahha
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Was it the mod that allowed you to have sextuplets?? I'm just wondering in a household of 2 or less, unmodded, if there's a chance of having 6 babies....

I think because the mod makes the game slightly unstable (as you are going against EA's recommended household nom.) it probably was more likely to cause the glitch, but since it was a glitch and not anything I did (i.e. I didn't ask the game to increase babies and before that with the mods I was only having 1 baby) I assume it could still happen without mods
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,729 Member
    Hello
    Congratulations to your sims on the birth of their children! :) It would have given you quite a surprise when it occurred!
    You will enjoy watching them grow up together in your game.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Definitely time to hire a nanny.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I guess if the motherlode cheat was for babies, this be it. Have fun with all those babies! ;)
  • Options
    Haha thanks guys. Babies babies everywhere. Had to get rid of the piano just to have room for them all.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    Wow. 6 babies? That's insane!
    Well, good luck taking care all of them.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Wow I kind of did that without mods once, where I had the sim have kids right next to each other and it was very busy... I had like 4 at once in that game, and it was busy
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I love multiples, but anything over 3 is too darn many for me! Good luck! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Six? :o You poor thing! I'd love to see pictures of them growing up and I'd definitely recommend around the clock nannies.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2016
    Six, yipes, quads is hard enough. I've done eight at time, when both of my sims (because the man got abducted and, got his wife pregnant in the same night, and both had quads.) but never again, that was too many, even with a nanny. All I could do was send the parents on vacation and let the babies go to day care so they could actually sleep and eat in peace for a few hours.

They made though, those eight are now teens, YA in two more sim days, and will be moving out but, boy is that going to be a birthday bash :)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Yeh my sims will probably die of exhaustion but I don't want welfare to take them away. I might try the nanny thing xD
    ernesdo wrote: »
    Six? :o You poor thing! I'd love to see pictures of them growing up and I'd definitely recommend around the clock nannies.

If this post hasn't vanished into the abyss of old sims forum posts and I can still find it, I'll definitely post updates!

ChelleJo - Dean Winchester -swoon-
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have had 5 children.before and it was difficult. There's a mod to.increase chances.of havin a certain amount of children but I'm not sure if it still works
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    OMG! I'd die- I have to hire the nanny with just one or age them up after a day- ha ha ha! Good luck! You should cheat yourself a ton of money to represent all the free stuff you'd get after the publicity in RL!
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    I feel like a masochist for saying this, but I wish it happened to me. o:
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »
    I feel like a masochist for saying this, but I wish it happened to me. o:

What if it happened to u irl now because u said that o.o
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    May the Sim God have mercy on your sim's soul (and you as well).
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Oh no. That's just too many. Me and my sims already have a hard time with twins.
  • Options
    cteNsxyMecteNsxyMe Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you age up the babies..?
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Oh my gosh! That would be miserable for me. Twins are miserable for me. Lol
    I finally had to get a mod to stop the kids from waking up in the middle of the night due to monsters under the bed, it was driving me insane. It was happening all night every night.