Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @ginger170 Good ides :smiley:

I haven't actually seen anyone suggest swimming skills like that before :smile:

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 many thanks for your comment. I've got that many ideas, I don't know where to start. By the way, I like that picture you uploaded of Simbourne.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @ginger170 Thanks for the feedback :smile:

If you are interested in posting ideas you can also post in the 'ideas' section as that is where a lot of players make suggestions for things
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Sims can teach kids how to swim, when they are in the pool together, so I think a swimming skill would go great woth that and would be easy to implement!
  • Options
    MsPuffMsPuff Posts: 32 Member
    Toddlers who haven't learned how to walk yet should be able to pull themselves up to standing using a coffee table. They can hold on and just do that cute bouncing thing that toddlers do, and it could give a small amount of skill toward learning to walk, but not as much as if an older sim is teaching them. Kids should be able to teach toddlers to walk and talk, too, btw, not just teens and up. Also, toddlers should be able to grab things left on coffee tables. If your sim leaves a drink on the coffee table and a toddler grabs it, it should make a mess with a puddle on the floor you have to mop up, meanwhile they can just play with it like a regular toy until you take it away from them, or they get bored. Maybe they can hide things in the toybox, and you might not notice until it starts to smell, and you open the toybox and it's full of dirty dishes they've been hording. Or you can't find that book your sim was reading and it's because the toddler took it and hid it.

They should also be able to climb up on couches and take naps on the couch, and also be laid down for a nap on a regular bed, not just a crib. Basically, integrate toddlers into the existing furniture and objects, and don't just let them interact only with new toddler-only objects. And this includes baths in the bath tub! Also, booster seats for chairs so that they can sit at a table and eat with the family. And they should be available at restaurants in Dine Out too, so you can bring your toddlers to a family-style restaurant, and when seating your party a booster seat will be added to a seat at your table if you have a toddler with you.

Toddlers should also be integrated into all previous EPs, GPs, and SPs as much as possible.

With Outdoor Retreat, You should be able to take your toddler camping to Granite Falls, let them sleep in tents and make it so you can get bottles out of the coolers to feed them. Let them sit on sims laps, so they can sit on their parent's or sibling's lap while they're gathered around the campfire. This would also work great at home for sitting on the couch and watching TV together. Make carriers teens and up can wear on their back to hold toddlers so they can go hiking together. Toddlers can play with bugs on the ground, or waive their hands in the air to play with ones in the air like butterflies.

With Spa Day they should bother their parents while they are trying to meditate or do yoga. They could just talk/make noises at them, maybe making them get skill slower, and this could really apply to almost anything other sims are doing. Depending on their personality, maybe some toddlers can get angry if other sims don't stop what they're doing to pay attention to them. You should also be able to take toddlers to the spa, or any community lot, there might not be a lot for them to do, but you could build an area with toddler toys where you can leave them while their tired caretaker gets a massage or takes a class. There should be a special door lock, or a baby gate you can put in doorways so that toddlers can't get through unless an adult is carrying them, so that they won't leave the room to bother other sims while they're busy. While I've put this in the context of Spa Day, these ideas can be used throughout the game.

In Get to Work you should be able to bring toddlers to retail lots the same as other community lots like above. Toddlers should be able to get sick and you can take them to the doctor and give them medicine. Maybe if you take them to the doctor and get them vaccinated they will not get sick again as a toddler or a child. And there will obviously be alien toddlers!

Get Together should have an option of whether or not you should bring toddlers to group meet-ups with you. That way you can have a group of parents get together at the park with their toddlers for a play date. Also, have an option so that only sims with toddlers would qualify to be in the club. Toddlers should also be able to hide in the walk-in closets. They can watch the bonfires, listen and dance to the DJ like with the radio in previous games, and should be able to be taught to swim in the natural pools the same as in regular pools, like previous posters have mentioned.

Luxury Party, maybe they can grab food off the edge of the buffet tables (or any table with food on it). Let them eat ice cream cones from Cool Kitchen and popcorn from Movie Hangout. The lap sitting I mentioned earlier can be used to watch movies from Movie Hangout as well. Let them get candy from the Spooky Stuff Candy Bowl if it's on the coffee table, and give them costumes to wear at costume parties. Let them play in the puppet show from Kids Stuff, and mash the buttons on the Voidcritter station--maybe they can even break it and their big sister or brother will get mad at them. In Backyard Stuff they can watch the bird feeders, listen to the wind chimes, and become hypnotized by the swirly lawn ornaments.

So yeah, I think integrating toddlers into the existing game and world is very important, and these are some ideas I've had on how that could be done.
  • Options
    JadeSharnaJadeSharna Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree to all the above!!

[strong]Traits based on social & development interaction [/strong]
    I'd like their development to give them certain traits as they grow, so maybe have them only have the option of the aspiration of 'wiz kid' 'social butterfly' etc. As they're born. Then as a toddler, depending on the level of social and development interaction with parents or older sibilings can either force a negative trait or if all levels of interaction is achieved then we can choose (basically like sims 3)

[strong]Actions[/strong]
    - Creative toddlers to draw on everything in sight!
    walls, doors, floors & furniture are all unsafe when your creative toddler is armed with crayons - parents to then scold the child and teach it right from wrong! Negative or neutral moodlets from the would be great.

- Stubbornness!
    For them basically just to refuse everything and throw a tantrum!

- play dates!
    A phone interaction for parents to set up a play date either in the house or at the park so toddlers can learn to do things from each other, this includes good and bad habits!

- bubble bath for toddlers!
    Parents to put the babies in the bath and be soaked from all the splashing and playing from the little one! positive moodlets for babies, both positive and negative moodlets from this for parents as some may not like being completely soaked!

- raiding cupboards and drawers!
    If left alone to wander, little hands find their way into cupboards and drawers that are full of exciting stuff to play with!

-Strollers
    These are a must!

- MINE!
    Toddlers to scuffle over a toy or sweets because what's mine is mine and what is yours is also mine too!

I also feel like there should be more traits in general for sims so they truely develop their own individual character.
  • Options
    djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    @sparkfairy1 you have a lot of great in depth ideas. Hopefully the producers are catching wind of some of the things we are hoping for. I do think that the multitasking would be a bit hard as far as programming goes, but it would be cool if that was a feature.

It would also be cool if the producers made a lot of CC content that was created for the sims 3 toddlers like play mats and carriers, car seats, better strollers. Various ways of learning through play like you suggested.

Great post!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    djebay2 wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1 you have a lot of great in depth ideas. Hopefully the producers are catching wind of some of the things we are hoping for. I do think that the multitasking would be a bit hard as far as programming goes, but it would be cool if that was a feature.

It would also be cool if the producers made a lot of CC content that was created for the sims 3 toddlers like play mats and carriers, car seats, better strollers. Various ways of learning through play like you suggested.

Great post!

It's a post collating the wonderful ideas which arose from this thread. The community truly has such talent and clarity to what their individual perfect ideas for toddlers are which lead to overall themes and it's been a pleasure to have been a part of learning so much from so many talented simmers :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Great post!

It's a post collating the wonderful ideas which arose from this thread. The community truly has such talent and clarity to what their individual perfect ideas for toddlers are which lead to overall themes and it's been a pleasure to have been a part of learning so much from so many talented simmers :)

I really love this thread, spark :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Great post!

Thanks :) So do I. Although it also breaks my heart a little too at that untapped potential! Simmers ideas are awesome. I hope they are taken seriously :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Great post!

Thanks :) So do I. Although it also breaks my heart a little too at that untapped potential! Simmers ideas are awesome. I hope they are taken seriously :)

My gut says they are. I hope it's right. It has to be good for something! :D

Thing I really want to add to this list today after watching cute animal videos last night and being reminded of one just now:
    Toddlers should be able to try to pick up small pets, and cuddle with bigger ones. If we ever get pets.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I feel like there are so many great ideas that whenever and however they will implement toddlers, we will all be disappointed.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    At this point I'm just desperate for toddlers, regardless of how lacking or basic they could be.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    At this point I'm just desperate for toddlers, regardless of how lacking or basic they could be.

I have the feeling that 'lacking' and 'basic' would be exactly what we'd get.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @MocaJava I think it would probably be that if we got it in a free update.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Full-time Nanny for rich families who can afford it, she's not playable but she does live with you, and the ability to send them away to boarding school for when they grow up! *waves handkerchief* Ta-ta Jimmy... Johnny? Cindy? Whatever your name was! See you whenever! <3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    JulianaFSzaJulianaFSza Posts: 26 New Member
    I love babies. I love toddlers.
    So
  • Options
    JulianaFSzaJulianaFSza Posts: 26 New Member
    I love babies. I love toddlers. To I was extremely disapointed when I figured out there would be NO toddlers on sims 4 and that babies would be attached to their cribs. Guys!!!!! Babies were attached to their cribs on sims 1! It was 16 years ago!!!!!!!!!! Since sims 2 we have babies, toddlers and all it makes the game seem real. We need babies and, in my opinion, you need to answer to the question: will you put toddlers in the game? When? For free(it would be extremely unfair if its not free)? I am not the only one who's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with the lack of babies. Please, give us an answer.
  • Options
    Jerrid_120Jerrid_120 Posts: 41 Member
    Wonderful ideas that will sadly be ignored.

We are "Listening".....yeah just keep on saying that Sims Team
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Not sure if anyone mentioned a toddler channel on TV. Like Baby First channel on our cable TV. Perhaps they can learn/build a skill from watching that channel. And there's a toddler music channel on cable too. Something like that would be nice. Or toddlers can dance to any of the music being played on the radio when you click on it. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    mommy and me play groups
  • Options
    jupejuperocketjupejuperocket Posts: 31 Member
    For skills, it would be neat to have "Sharing" as a skill for a toddler to learn, be it with other children or with adults. In earlier stages of sharing, when you take something away to "share" it, the toddler would have an inconsolable tantrum until you give the toy back until higher levels of sharing are achieved.

If the toddler doesn't learn how to share, perhaps there could be a trait for sims called "Selfish" that would be automatically applied to the toddler when they transition to a child.

In fact, the sharing skill can probably apply to children, too.
    New houses going up all the time!
    Search the Gallery for ID jupejuperocket
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2016
    Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I stopped in here. I first want to thank each and every one of you for staying on task in this thread like I asked. Your ideas are so full of life and I encourage you to continue sharing them here.

With that said, I am moving this thread back to the Ideas section (as that is its proper place) now that plenty of people have had the chance to see it so they can continue to give feedback. It will remained stickied in the Ideas section as an announcement and I still ask that those who choose to participate in this thread do so in a positive manner and stay on task. Remember that this thread is for those who want the Toddler lifestage in their game, if you don't that is okay but please do not comment in this thread as it clearly isn't aimed at you.
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Wouldn't ideas be the proper place since they're ideas on a feature that's not yet included, not a feature that's already in the game?
    (sorry for being off-topic, just curious)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Wouldn't ideas be the proper place since they're ideas on a feature that's not yet included, not a feature that's already in the game?
    (sorry for being off-topic, just curious)

You are correct! I've moved it to Ideas.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims