Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 3 theme leaked!! (Live in the City) [Speculation]

Comments

• Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    they's gonna recycle the karaoke machine.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    ok i was thinking and isn't Superman from Metropolis? i was wondering?????
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I Luv Vampires, just cause others do not like them, there is no reason to put them down, they can work at night have night job and do things that normal Sims can not, and that is My opinion on them.

I doubt we see vampires in this EP. I would be shocked since so many want reality in their games these days ignoring it's not reality to have a missing life stage and babies jumping into full size kids. How does anyone square that? I find it a strange way of thinking, to accept babies turn into kids, but vampires are too unrealistic.

missing an age u play for a few simdays at a time isnt the same as seeing vampires and aliens daily + risking sims being ""infected"" by them

How many vampires did you see daily in TS2? One or both the count and countess?|? Probably like hardly ever if ever. And guess what there were no other vamps unless you became friends and asked one to bite you. And guess what, still no other vamps unless you made your own Sim bite someone. Then there would be four in total, however, you knew if you did that you gave the count and countess license to go on a temporary rampage and bite a few innocents Sims the next time you showed up on a community lot. Guess who caused all that? the player. That was perfect.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    ok i was thinking and isn't Superman from Metropolis? i was wondering?????

Yes but who cares about Superman it's all about the Bat lol
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    i was just thinking that because it's Metropolis...where Superman started for DC Comics...that it may not be Vampires but Superhero's just wondering...
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    i was just thinking that because it's Metropolis...where Superman started for DC Comics...that it may not be Vampires but Superhero's just wondering...

I literally saw your thread we can talk there.
  • Options

Brilliant deduction. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member

to be honest I like TS2 style Vampire, they're so scary and I love how the way they bite, which are forceful and hypnotizing.
    I think a superhero pack does fit in with the hold Metropolis theme
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Except what we actually have is a Brazilian Portuguese translation more or less like "living in the city" - we don't know if "Metropolis" from the survey will be the name or even the concept :/

(whispers: But I'd like superheroes)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BrajanSummersBrajanSummers Posts: 8 New Member
    i am so excited for this game! omg! omg! i mean the exp. i wanted seasons badly but it does kind of makes sense

Pets Seasons and Supernatural are always one of the later mid-way or later-way exps that come out which was pretty obvious it wouldn't come out. i am not so thrilled about toddlers though it would've been a nice addition. either way. i hope they're gonna movie their buttocks and start doing more exps! cause one EXp in a year is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally. not much,
  • Options
    Well, if there are superheroes, we would need reasons to have super Sims, like evil mad men, arch enemies, crime waves, other mean super Sims who want to take over the city/world etc. If not, I don't see a point of any Sim to be super. If it's just something like they are a superhero because they can figure out another Sim's traits, or get done with a task faster, that would be seriously lame.
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    I'm pretty sure in one of the surveys for expansion packs there was a superhero theme one
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited August 2016
    MadameLee wrote: »
    AnnMaria wrote: »
    Interesting. The link to the Brazillian game rating board now gives an "Access Denied" message.

Nope. Type "Sims" and you'll see EP3 listed.

Don't see it

because of the fact after it got leaked, EA got the site to take it down..

No, it's still listed on the webpage.
    http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/ConsultarJogoForm.do

Click "Todos" and in the search bar type "Sims". The Sims 4 Vida Na Cidade is listed near the bottom.

I saw it earlier! Now I get "access denied"!!! :/
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think they would force a Superhero pack into an EP any more than they would force a supernatural pack into an EP. I thinking it will just be a city EP. No other ideas shoehorned in.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm all for EA to cater to all playstyles but I truly hope they won't put superheroes on a city EP. I mean, there are so many things that can be added in an EP like that (apartments, cars, cinemas, bowling, street market, malls) that I feel like, if they add in superheroes or other supernaturals, everything will end up being half-baked because they tried to do too much. Not to mention, I really don't like supernaturals and it would be frustrating to once again be forced to have them in my game if I buy an EP that has nothing to do with them. And other people would probably feel the same way and complain and then EA would end up doing something like they did with GTW when they tuned down alien abductions and male pregnancy. Why not put that stuff in a Supernatural EP and those of us who don't want it in our games can ignore it and those who do, can finally be happy? That or add toggles like TS3, but the way it is now will always cause conflict because both parties will be unhappy no matter what (people who don't want it, have to deal with it in their games and have no way to avoid it, and people who do want it, have to risk getting things ruined for them).
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Emmp wrote: »
    Emmp wrote: »
    That would be amazing. If it works it might (only might) open up for multiple different venues at one lot. Do I dare to hope for cafés/bakery/library combined at one lot? :lol:

This is actually one of my biggest frustrations with what we currently have. I constantly have to switch between lot types because I like making lots with multiple functionality. If I place a barista bar on my library lot, I obviously want an NPC to show up! I shouldn't have to choose between library or cafe. I wish they'd make it so objects were functional on all lots, maybe with the option to enable or disable the NPC by clicking on the object. I have a free bartender and barista mod which I use to call staff to community lots without having to pay $100 each time (which is just silly). I wish they'd re-look at how some of these objects function. In TS2 there was just one community lot type and the function of the lot was determined by the objects I placed on it. So if I wanted to sell merch at my restaurant, I could do that!

IKR? If the objects baristas/bartenders/other NPC:s are tied to is placed on a public venue they should show up at that lot IMO. Hopefully they will change that. I've been wondering if it would be possible at some point to use the room feature to add many venues to one lot, if the game could identify venues room by room instead of the entire lot as one venue. Then the sims in the different rooms would act accordingly to the diffrent venue types. Am I making any sense? :lol:

I do remember having fun building functioning malls in ts2, but I can't remember how they worked. It was a lot of fun thogh :smiley:

Yes, it makes sense to me! I was thinking along the same lines: that since the game can identify a room as it's own space already, maybe we could assign specific functionality to that room. I hope they do something about this. I really enjoy building multi-function lots, and while I can achieve a lot in TS4 I often feel like I'm jumping through hoops. There are ways they could make it so much easier for us! Door-locking is really useful, so I'm glad they added that back. And some objects like the massage table are good because we can put them on any lot and just call a sim over to act as the masseuse. Some kind of debug cheat where we could click on an object and set it's behaviour would be perfect: toggle NPC on/off.

I'd also love to be able to own any community lot, and have retail enabled on any owned community lot. And I'd like something like the ticket machine from the Sims 3 Store so I can earn money from any venue. I'm not keen on the specific venue types that TS4 keeps adding. I' like some more generalised features that I can use in my own way. I'm finding the specific venues too restrictive. :/

I want all of this! Especially, I want to be able to own spas or nightclubs.

I think it would be really neat (and really new!) if they applied apartment functionality to community lots, too. So we could make a strip mall of different businesses and restaurants owned by different sims, with maybe some cafes or park space thrown in, all on one large lot!
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    I Luv Vampires, just cause others do not like them, there is no reason to put them down, they can work at night have night job and do things that normal Sims can not, and that is My opinion on them.

I doubt we see vampires in this EP. I would be shocked since so many want reality in their games these days ignoring it's not reality to have a missing life stage and babies jumping into full size kids. How does anyone square that? I find it a strange way of thinking, to accept babies turn into kids, but vampires are too unrealistic.

missing an age u play for a few simdays at a time isnt the same as seeing vampires and aliens daily + risking sims being ""infected"" by them

How many vampires did you see daily in TS2? One or both the count and countess?|? Probably like hardly ever if ever. And guess what there were no other vamps unless you became friends and asked one to bite you. And guess what, still no other vamps unless you made your own Sim bite someone. Then there would be four in total, however, you knew if you did that you gave the count and countess license to go on a temporary rampage and bite a few innocents Sims the next time you showed up on a community lot. Guess who caused all that? the player. That was perfect.

This. Never played TS3, but I probably wouldn't have liked the supernatural EP because of how invasive they were to the game. I preferred more natural life when I play, but did love the way things were in TS2. If I ever wanted to dabble with the supernatural it was something I had to work for, and it didn't invade the whole town.
  • Options
    BrajanSummersBrajanSummers Posts: 8 New Member
    I am super excited and i am kind of suprised people complain about toddlers so much. we will get it eventually. we're getting an EXP pack. let's hope they actually speed it up this time. at this rate we will get only 4 exp packs... hopefully next year we'll get three
  • Options
    AudreyLDAudreyLD Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2016
    I am happy to see that maybe the next one addon is "to Live in town". :D
    My check list decreases, it will stay in me more than addons on the celebrity and the showbizz, the cars, the schooling, love, the generations, the seasons, the great hero and the disasters.

I be going to be able to move forward my constructions for my stories. The return of apartments is going to allow to realize hotels for example. It would be good the return of the public transportation. Have bowlings, billiards, cinemas, streets markets, music groups, department stores. I hope that we can realize buildings for apartments and why not rent them. I forgot spiral staircases and elevators.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have found the survey with the many city themes. Please ignore it if is a repost, but I find this collection very exciting!

CITY LIVING

It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!

FAME AND FORTUNE

Experience the rise to fame with your Sims! Have your Sim become the latest A-List actress, star pop singer, or hot shot film director. You’ll also be able to share films you create on the Gallery for other fans to enjoy. If living the life of a star isn’t your thing, you can become a freelance photographer and make a fortune taking pictures as a paparazzi.

Details/Features
    ●Become a Celebrity: Climb the celebrity ladder to fame and fortune. Manage your image and online persona, sign autographs, enjoy the adoration of fans, or hide from the paparazzi.
    ●Acting Career: Your Sims will be able to perfom in their own movies - including action adventure, comedies, musicals, and silent films.
    ●Singing Career: Train those vocal chords to perfection. Or don’t! Being a pop singer isn’t just about being able to sing - you have to have the popularity to back it up.
    ●Film Directing Career: Produce that latest indie art film, or go all out for this season’s blockbuster. When it’s complete, share it on the Gallery, and have your real life firends vote you to fame!
    ●Photography: Take award winning photos to help celebrities improve their image or utilize your camera to catch celebrity Sims in awkward situations as a paparazzi.
    ●Hollywood Parties: Throw exclusize parties and control the exclusive guest list to ensure only the A list can attend.
    ●Explore the Studio Backlot: Explore the Studio Backlot to discover different stages and props to utilize in your different films.

TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features
    ●Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    ●Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    ●Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    ●Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

It is remarkable that in this survey from 2014 vampires are part of a different EP:

SUPERNATURAL

Explore the mysterious world of the Supernatural where you’ll be able to create vampires, elementals, or even supernatural friends to help you around the house. You’ll also be able to discover mysterious run stones that allow you to control the elements. However, be careful how your Sims live, or the dead may return as mischievous spirits to torment your Sims and their emotions.

Details/Features
    ●Vampires: Play as a vampire where you can stalk, charm, or persuade other Sims to do as you wish.
    ●Spirits: Spirits will haunt and take over unsuspecting Sims and objects, creating surprising stories for all.
    ●Elementals: Play as a Sim that has the power over one of the four natural elements: Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind.
    ●Assemble A Monster: Discover how to assemble your very own monster and bring it to life.
    ●Rune Collections: Collect runes, learn their secrets, and use them to control the elements.
    ●Added Customization: Customize your Sims’ appearances in new ways by adjusting their fingernails and fangs, editing their tattoos, and customizing visual effects that your Sims get to bask in.

• Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    Yes, it makes sense to me! I was thinking along the same lines: that since the game can identify a room as it's own space already, maybe we could assign specific functionality to that room. I hope they do something about this. I really enjoy building multi-function lots, and while I can achieve a lot in TS4 I often feel like I'm jumping through hoops. There are ways they could make it so much easier for us! Door-locking is really useful, so I'm glad they added that back. And some objects like the massage table are good because we can put them on any lot and just call a sim over to act as the masseuse. Some kind of debug cheat where we could click on an object and set it's behaviour would be perfect: toggle NPC on/off.

I'd also love to be able to own any community lot, and have retail enabled on any owned community lot. And I'd like something like the ticket machine from the Sims 3 Store so I can earn money from any venue. I'm not keen on the specific venue types that TS4 keeps adding. I' like some more generalised features that I can use in my own way. I'm finding the specific venues too restrictive. :/

Agreed :wink:

You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    BrattyGeekettesBrattyGeekettes Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the ticket machine idea. It's the best especially when we could charge people hourly. I miss the architect jobs from TS3. I hope they implement it later in the future. And University as well!
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Wow! Sounds cool! Hopefully there's apartments though I don't why people hope there'll be vampires. Is it just me or do vampires have nothing to do with cities?

TS2 and TS3 had vampires in the city expansions. But I think it's better when the life-states have their own specific packs, like Supernatural. They just get more attention and the devs can go in-depth on the features, rather than trying to squeeze them into another pack just for the sake of it.

Agreed. I actually found it pretty frustrating to have to get vampires in order to get apartments before. And I agree with you @actress8252 that I don't get the reason vampires ever came with downtowns of modern cities in the first place.

They came with the cities cause the cities are Night Life, hence Vampires are Night Creatures.

Good analogy. Also, at the time it was a sweeping fad for those who say they are vampires (at time of TS2 NL) to meet at underground clubs. It was part of the pop culture at the time and not much said about those underground (not literally underground) clubs in cities anymore. But development was at the time goth and vampire craze was becoming a huge fad among young people.

Really?!

Ugh, I was about a decade too late to enjoy all the things I would've enjoyed. Now it's just mobile games and wannabe gangsters...... *sigh*.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2016
    Maybe... vampires in a farming EP then?? #FarmTeam

Watch out cows!!! You have to worry about more than just tipping! (I really want a farming expansion too)

Vampire Cows.

But that's a bit off topic :D

Anyway, here's what I really hope for in a "City" EP - as much of this as possible:
    • Sims 2-style apartments, so I can have neighbours. Being able to have multiple played households in an apartment building or move my own choice of households into the nonplayed apartments.
    • Busy streets, with public transit going by, busy sidewalks - real crowds, not spread-out like Windenburg.
    • Streetlife - stuff happening in those streets and on those sidewalks - stuff like food carts, homeless/begging people, groups of people hanging on streetcorners, buskers, people in costumes trying to get me to go into businesses, ranters, protesters
    • Tall buildings, close together
    • A politics/activist career
    • A banking career that might be different from the current business one? Or an active business career
    • Multipurpose buildings
    • Parks that aren't surrounded by greenspace and streams and ponds and whatnot but feel like midcity parks
    • A mix of high-rent and low-rent living
    • Oh - rental units, not all bought outright
    • Views from the heights of buildings, even if that's into a wall of other buildings, but also cityscapes - not only more views over rural land or seas
    • Special events of some kind - living in the city, there seems to always be, on weekends, a neighbourhood street festival or big parade or food fair or charity run or music festival or an outdoor art sale or giant collective yard sale. That could be fun, and would make more sense to me as "realistic" (though I wouldn't want a Sims version to always be realistic!) than the seasonal "festivals" in Sims 3 did.
    • I'd be down for a public transit system :) But really not expecting one.
    • Family-focused things that feel urban: a more compact playground, an event that's family-oriented, some buskers being particularly alluring to kids (that is so much a thing - always was dragging mine, when they were young, away from the chalk artists)
    • Graffiti - both tagging and artistic
    • Public art generally, and artists, but not in fancy parts of the city because artists can't afford that stuff

Things that I, as a big-city-dweller, don't care about or don't even associate with cities:
    • Vampires

Things that I suppose are here more than in not-cities but don't dominate city life for most residents:
    • Celebrities - though we do sometimes run into local ones at the grocery store, and once I spent much of a morning sitting at the next table over from Neil Young
    • Nightclubs - they're here, but so's a lot else, and we have them already
    • Young Adults - They're here, but a lot can't afford the nightlife by the time they've got rent covered on their non-executive jobs

These are some great ideas, and I bolded one of the most important things IMHO (with TS2-styled apartments following closely behind it). I think they should program either all worlds, or the downtown/city area specifically, to include a LOT more Sims walking around. Especially the downtown district -- it really needs to give me that feel of a bustling city, and loading screens could and should give me that experience without an issue.

Of course, this would run into issues with the culling system, but I think it's overdue for that to be adjusted, too. I will be waiting to see what happens with this EP, but if it's going to be as dead and empty as Windenburg is, I think the pack will fail at its goal of providing Sims life in the city.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I can already see the culling limit being raised by only another 20-30 solely to accommodate for the new premades and a huge city full of quiet streets :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png