Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp♥ ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Had to update the original post with more info at the bottom.
    Lovely entries everyone! I won't say much, but I definitely recommend reading through the tutorials though when they are up, some of you are blending well and some aren't. Remember to clean those edges.

Since I have half of the most important tutorials done for A1 I will finish up those and release them. Part 2 will come later. Those are the simple ones, opening images, moving layers around, etc., stuff that none of you need but future models will. Part 1 is unfortunately the longest and hardest ones to redo/make....

I have received the scores finally, so I will be doing my best to have them up today. I will be very busy the next few days as I am going home on the 1st of August and I have to pack, do my own work for comps besides here, clean, etc. along with family events. There is still no due date as of this moment, but just know that you should be working when you get the chance, as I may set it when we get home if not before. Depending on the number of entries determines the due date I set.

I have updated the scoring rubric and breakdown to include a "Use of Tutorials" section. Please take a look.

Updated the resubmitting/redoing rule to include:
    I am now allowing redos/resubmitting to help beginner's correct their mistakes and to make this season easier for tutorials. Do your absolute best to not change the theme/story of your assignment, but feel free to make corrections whenever. Inform me when changes are made, otherwise the front page will not be updated with your entry and the judges use that to judge. Do not alter it 4+ times, at that point just take it down and work on it without submitting.

I have updated the Challenge requirements:
    No pasting outfit pieces (arms, sleeves, tops, etc.); Pasting shoes/hair is allowed

Edit: Forgot to say that the schedule has been changed. Week 3 has been switched with Week 4, so effects have been moved back, corrections have been moved forward.
    Schedule:
    Week/Round 1:
    • Setting Up Your Game
    • Modeling Terms
    • Fashion Terms Moved to another week since it is so massive, but I'm not sure which week.
    • Get to Know Your Program
    • Editing Basics and Tips
    • Beginning Your Assignment/Challenge
    • Last minute adjustments
    Week/Round 2:
    • Cutting out Sims and Objects
    • Adding in Objects
    • Adding in Backgrounds
    • General handling of backgrounds/objects and blending
    Week/Round 3:
    • Corrections (fixing issues with the body and clothes, etc.)
    Week/Round 4:
    • Adding Effects (nothing hardcore, snow, sand, sparkles, rain, adding tints or filters, etc.)
    • Brushes, Fonts, Borders, Actions, Stocks, and PSD's
    Week/Round 5:
    • Sim Editing (skin shading for instance)
    • Shadows and Lighting (basics)
    Week/Round 6:
    • No tutorials! This is finale week where you show the judges just how much you’ve actually improved. Bring your best A game!

@pammiechick @ForeverFranconia @ChloeDeCookie @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101 @kittymeow @xJojox @gramatique
  • Options
    LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    I'm so happy to see this is still going strong! I may have a go at this just for fun.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    These are for a magazine on the forums, but since I used @MizoreYukii 's tutorials/help I thought I'd share my first edits here! :)

First, my sim Tiffany *Thanks to MizoreYukii for personally helping me with the cutting out sim issues*:

fl8cZIk.png?2

added the bag and beach towel as well xD. No cc, but did add brightness and added those items.

Also used poses for the first time too on my sims XD.

Her husband Devon:

GNGx6P6.jpg?1

I like his a lot :). I think he's a little too small, but the building is big so I guess it works xD. The bags took a while to edit, especially since I had forgotten there was a tutorial for putting objects in hand, but I figured it out XD.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    EmmaSmileEmmaSmile Posts: 1,843 Member
    Hello! Just to let you know that I re-submitted/altered my entry.
    I've edited my original submission post.
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    JenLadyBird88JenLadyBird88 Posts: 553 Member
    Jada Knox
    Summer
    146988760426465_pe.jpg
    download.jpg/spoiler]
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Kasey Lionne

Fall

autumn2.jpg
    Three items:
    2663936-colorful-autumn-leaves-over-white-background-with-clipping-path.jpg

images.jpg

leaf2.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Your entries @JenLadyBird88 and @pammiechick look terrific

• Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Nina Reiter
    Summer

erfFEfm.png

CyAiVC5.png
    IjADSii.jpg
    4cOXMl7.png
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Looks great, @alexis3142

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • Options
    So sorry everyone that I've been absent from here and that scores are not up! I have so much on my plate to get done that I've been away from the computer majority of this time. There is still no due date, but I will set one once I am back home and settled (which I will be saying is the 3rd rather than 1st since I have to unpack, spend the next day with my mom, and everything else, and will be arriving late at night). If you haven't started on your idea so far, I highly recommend doing so as I am predicting only a week left after the 3rd, but probably with some extra few days so everyone can update once the tutorials are out. Scores will have to come up later, unless I can squeeze them in before I leave, I'm super sorry about this everyone (it takes a few hours, hours that I need)! :grimace: I'm really hoping that now my judges are a little less busy (and I wont be as busy for another half month) that scores will only be a few days after the closing date.

@Zita1966z @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @strawberrigurl @EmmaSmile @alexis3142 @ForeverFranconia @MissBirdie @pammiechick @Pebblycat @Chaos_Fairy @HappyPanda @KenzRe @Penguinwa101 @kittymeow

@LilacErin So glad to see you! I would love to see you do them for fun. :3

@wbombje Missed this! As Kitty said you can submit any of the past, present, or future assignments or challenges and we will still score you. :) You can find the link to old Assignments/Challenges under the current Assignment/Challenge pictures.

@NShippudenFan Always happy to help, and they came out great! :smiley:

@EmmaSmile Thank you for letting me know!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Your entries @JenLadyBird88 and @pammiechick look terrific

Thank you!! :kissing:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I'm loving everyone's entries!
    Finally have something going for this round feels like I'm the last one to make something :#
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Eeeek! I forgot to do this! LOL my bad! I'll get it in asap!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    @Pebblycat @Penguinwa101 Don't worry, you guys still have time, and not everyone has submitted yet. :) There is still no due date, but be prepared for it to be a week or so after August 3rd.
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    @Pebblycat @Penguinwa101 Don't worry, you guys still have time, and not everyone has submitted yet. :) There is still no due date, but be prepared for it to be a week or so after August 3rd.

Oh! Okay, thank you!!!! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    HappyPandaHappyPanda Posts: 64 Member
    Everyone's entries look fantastic! :)@Pebblycat I know how you feel! Since Wednesday is a public holiday I'll work on it then and hopefully finish!

@MizoreYukii Please don't apologize for the scores and tutorials taking a while! Real life always has a way of butting in and I'm sure we all understand! ;) Is it also ok if I maybe change my season to spring? (There are 2 open spots) I kind of hit a wall with my idea for autumn :D
  • Options
    Finally home. That flight was horrible, I was sick for the last half of it! :persevere: And I couldn't work on the tutorials, OneDrive decided to inform me after I was on the plane that the documents needed to be made "offline" to open them. Smh.....So any possible work went down the drain because of a setting, sorry guys. :bawling:

Give me a chance to get settled the next few days and I'll be updating the thread with the due date and scores. :3 Everyone did so incredibly good last round (Scores show it too)!

@HappyPanda Of course you can! I can't wait to see it. :blush:
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @MizoreYukii I hope you are feeling better now! :)
  • Options
    Okay, here's my entry for the shape challenge! Hope I've understood the rules correctly. If not, let me know and I'll get to work changing it! 'Cause this one was fun!

I based it on the pentagon. (I couldn't do anything else, really, considering I actually have a green pentagon tattoo as five is my lucky number and green my favourite colour!)

2pyxpvm.jpg
    pentagon.jpg

I used a PVC and glitter fabric/texture image + a gold chain - if you need me to post those, too - just say!
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    Also, I hope you're feeling better and that things start to calm down soon. Sending all my best wishes right your way!
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    So I hear you needed my body shot?

1j59jt.jpg

Hopefully I did everything right this time.

• Options
    She's so lovely @ForeverFranconia so nice to see a more curvy body in this comp.

• Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    I know you're also missing the mock from me, yes?

swtoc6.jpg

Its so much better then that train wreck of an assignment I did for last week.

Also I'm sorry to hear that things are not going well. I hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited August 2016
    Wasn't going to even attempt the challenge but I've been bored with no entries to do so I attempted it.... Hahah. I don't have a tablet so I couldn't draw, so yeah my attempt is bad but meh. :D

avantgarde_zpsb7ze6k4r.png
    19.53.b6.EUR001.RE_01.pngstadium-cup-16-oz.jpgfeather_PNG12958.png
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.