Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp♥ ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2016
    Assignment 2 - Season's Greetings
    Model - Alysia Garrett - Spring
    3%20cutouts%20for%20assignment%202_zpsp2rf1ohp.png
    summer-nature-wallpaper-background_zpslwyrvbo9.png

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    She looks lovely, @Zita1966z. Adore that coat.

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    She looks lovely, @Zita1966z. Adore that coat.

Thanks sweetheart :) Your spring looks so fresh and inviting :)
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited July 2016
    I to did a spring for the heck of it :)
    Sorry Miz about the late example (i have had a bad week)

AY1e4mI.png

@Jendowoz0612 yellow is sooooooo good! zita is right about that fresh look. Absolutely gorgeous :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thank you, so much @xjojox. Yours looks wonderful. Love that hairstyle.How did you get her to be holding an apple?

Thank you, @Zita1966z. This modelling is a huge learning curve for me. These competitions are my first.

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 - I drew her fingers :) and added an apple i saw from google.
    After i drew the hand ... i put the apple on another layer and put it behind the hand.

If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to PM me :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @xJojox I'll definitely take you up on that.

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited July 2016
    LOADING :)
    Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Has the due date been set yet @MizoreYukii? Haven't had the chance to start yet but am planning to start tomorrow :#
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Could I take summer please :)
    Thank youuu! <3
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    HappyPandaHappyPanda Posts: 64 Member
    Looking forward to doing this assignment! But it is definitely going to be challenging for me! :) Everyone's entries so far look amazing. Can I please take fall?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Pebblycat Nope! Like I said in my post there is no due date at the moment, and there's no rush because of that.

Everyone that posted is reserved! Fall is no longer an option, spots are filled unless someone changes their season. :sweat_smile:
    Quick explanation for no extras: This includes not only people/other sims, but animals as well when they are interacting with the model and/or front and center. If the animal is well hidden (meaning my eyes go there last), and are placed in the background and not the focus point or interacting, they can be added.

Other than that, I have an announcement and rule change. I've thought about this since A1's week 1 slipped by and I had failed you guys in not only getting my tutorials up, but because I realized this was a strange rule for beginner's in the first place. I even questioned it when remaking the comp, but still went ahead with the rule anyways despite my thoughts...but let me start somewhere else first.

First off, let me just remind everyone again what this competition is about, because I believe this has been lost in the craziness. The purpose of this competition is to receive your assignment and the new tutorials for that week, then do your best to integrate the knowledge you just learned, and past knowledge from previous weeks, into the new assignment. Then you are graded on what you just learned and did in the photo, and anything from the previous weeks that we covered. The goal is to make sure you actually understand what you learned before moving on. That's why we won't focus on things you haven't learned yet. There's no point when we should be making sure you passed that week, and we know it's not been covered yet so you can't help any mistakes. It's silly to put that much pressure on someone who is new.

However, this has not been able to happen because A1's tutorials were late, so any of that experience you were supposed to have has been lost already. I've not only been busy with my family and friends (meaning lots of you too!), but my own competitions/threads and the tutorials themselves. And of course the occasional break with a few chapters from a book or a movie or show, I need some time to myself or else I'd go crazy. xD

A1 tutorials have taken so long because I underestimated how much I would actually be doing, and how long it would take, plus any of my other responsibilities. The front page doesn't say this, but I've added at least 4 extra tutorials to my list for A1, and almost every previous tutorial for A1 that I've written needed a complete overhaul. And I do mean complete, majority, if not all of these won't look like their past selves.

I know my words may bounce off ears due to my history and inability to meet dates (I know this, accept this, but I do my best regardless), but I don't think anyone has an idea as to how long it takes me to write this stuff out. I'm a perfectionist at heart (Virgo here) and I have to make sure it meets my specifications. Most can write out something in a day and call it done, but because of my nature and my firm resolve to make these as easy as possible to follow, it takes me forever. And if you've gotten to know me, either via pm or the forums, you know that I rewrite my messages numerous times before posting, and this is why it sometimes takes a few days with my other responsibilities to reply to messages/posts. Very rarely do I read it, go "meh" and post it. I always worry that I might offend someone, or something I say might be confusing or unhelpful. I do my best to make sure nothing is misread and that everything I say helps or encourages someone, though of course I accept the reality that something will always bother someone when it wasn't meant to be. It's the same for my tutorials. I reread them numerous times and go "Does this path and wording make sense, can anyone possibly be confused?" The answer is yes almost every time. Of course I can't catch everything, or think of a current method/word that's better, but my goal is to make sure I catch majority. And then when I'm done with those I still need to do all of my examples, find/take those examples, and then edit those examples. And then once I add them, rinse and repeat with the writing/reading, the formatting for forums, and finally posting and linking. Not to mention that when I learn something new or someone gives a tip, it's something else I have to add in and make sure it works.

All of that, plus everything else I have going on makes these tutorials very hard to get out. If I rush, I'm just back to where I started later, like I am now from last year. I took one look at these previous tutorials and knew they needed to be redone. I just didn't know to this extent until I started working. :s I've seen a lot of things in everyone's edits that could have easily been rectified with the tutorials, but I wasn't about to hold up the comp last assignment while trying to do the tutorials. It wouldn't have been fair, and all of us (including me) would have been bored with the progress.

I don't mean to explain this and possibly come off like I'm whining, I'm just trying to make sure everyone understands how much work I'm doing and why this has taken so long. I love what I do and I'm glad to put in this effort to help everyone, I really don't mind doing it, but it frustrates me that I can't provide it when necessary. I'm sorry I can't work faster, I really wish I could because I feel bad for not providing the information and basically holding this side of the competition up. I don't want to waste your time and fail at helping you guys. :(

So because I predict that the even more future tutorials will come out slower than they should, and I've felt that this policy is a bit odd and hard for a beginner's competition, I've decided to remove the no "redos/resubmissions" rule. This way once the tutorials release you guys can go in and alter things based on the tutorials, if you choose to submit before them of course. This will give everyone a fair chance to add in the appropriate alterations from the tutorials so they don't score lower.

I will ask that all redos try to stick with the previous idea to be fair to your fellow contestants, but I can understand if the idea no longer works for the new tutorials, so just try. Paying attention to previous submissions is still a reminder though.

Now that this is in effect, if tutorials are released in a timely manner before the due date (I may even extend when necessary), it is expected that you go back to your edit and add in things when necessary. We will be grading on the tutorial information from that week and previous weeks (if applicable of course) like normal.
    If the tutorials are released after that due date, we will score a little easier where possible and just focus on what you did attempt and what you know previously. It sounds like the above, but just know that it will be easier where possible to make it fairer. We don't expect everyone to know how to do this and that, even with the old tutorials available in the old thread.

I debated about posting this since it's so lengthy and might come off as odd, but I thought I should just suck it up and make my thoughts heard. Sorry for everything, and thank you for continuing to stay with this comp. :smile:

I hope this at least explains my situation better and why the tutorials aren't out yet, and makes everything a bit easier on you at the same time now that the rule is removed.

@pammiechick @ForeverFranconia @ChloeDeCookie @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101 @kittymeow
  • Options
    KenzReKenzRe Posts: 68 Member
    I don't mean to completely ignore your previous post, but could I snag a winter spot? :# I can totally see how real life gets in the way sometimes. I've got a lot of my own stuff going on too. Take your time and no need to rush, if anything I'm glad it's not so fast. I need the extra time for school. :p
  • Options
    JenLadyBird88JenLadyBird88 Posts: 553 Member
    i will reserve summer
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    Any idea on what I should do?
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited July 2016
    Assignment 2 – Seasons Greetings
    Model: Elle Winters - Summer
    added_zpsujjfbzeg.png

summer_zps0bjsahec.png
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    @KenzRe It's fine, I don't think anyone really cares about what happens in the end. :/ I'm glad it being slow helps though, at least that's one good thing.

@ForeverFranconia No, not really. It's whatever you want it to be, and I can't exactly give ideas. :grimace: Try Google, "spring editorial".

Everyone's reserved; winter, fall and summer are full. I believe that is everyone though.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @wbombje Just letting you know about this comp, you can join in as a lurker meaning you don't post a model app, you can just do whatever challenge or assignment you want past or present and the judges will still score you. Just look on the 1st page at what @MizoreYukii has wrote she explains everything a lot better lol.
    Thought you might be interested so you can practice and get feedback too! :)
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @kittymeow Thanks for the tag :). I've been dying for some more challenges!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @wbombje You're very welcome. :)
  • Options
    Chaos_FairyChaos_Fairy Posts: 324 Member
    edited July 2016
    Assignment 2 – Seasons Greetings
    Daisy Bloom - Winter
    oh36zo.jpg
    24c6wsz.jpg20qxqv8.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaSmileEmmaSmile Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sasha Berry, Summer

23u1jdu.jpg

49007-50.jpg
    cocktails-520x306.png
    sg-tr_1.jpg

EDIT: Re-submitted entry: added more shadows, tried to clean up edges more + also added a pair of sunglasses.
    Post edited by EmmaSmile on
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Lovely entries everyone! I won't say much, but I definitely recommend reading through the tutorials though when they are up, some of you are blending well and some aren't. Remember to clean those edges.

Since I have half of the most important tutorials done for A1 I will finish up those and release them. Part 2 will come later. Those are the simple ones, opening images, moving layers around, etc., stuff that none of you need but future models will. Part 1 is unfortunately the longest and hardest ones to redo/make....

I have received the scores finally, so I will be doing my best to have them up today. I will be very busy the next few days as I am going home on the 1st of August and I have to pack, do my own work for comps besides here, clean, etc. along with family events. There is still no due date as of this moment, but just know that you should be working when you get the chance, as I may set it when we get home if not before. Depending on the number of entries determines the due date I set.

I have updated the scoring rubric and breakdown to include a "Use of Tutorials" section. Please take a look.

Updated the resubmitting/redoing rule to include:
    I am now allowing redos/resubmitting to help beginner's correct their mistakes and to make this season easier for tutorials. Do your absolute best to not change the theme/story of your assignment, but feel free to make corrections whenever. Inform me when changes are made, otherwise the front page will not be updated with your entry and the judges use that to judge. Do not alter it 4+ times, at that point just take it down and work on it without submitting.

I have updated the Challenge requirements:
    No pasting outfit pieces (arms, sleeves, tops, etc.); Pasting shoes/hair is allowed

Edit: Forgot to say that the schedule has been changed. Week 3 has been switched with Week 4, so effects have been moved back, corrections have been moved forward.
    Schedule:
    Week/Round 1:
    • Setting Up Your Game
    • Modeling Terms
    • Fashion Terms Moved to another week since it is so massive, but I'm not sure which week.
    • Get to Know Your Program
    • Editing Basics and Tips
    • Beginning Your Assignment/Challenge
    • Last minute adjustments
    Week/Round 2:
    • Cutting out Sims and Objects
    • Adding in Objects
    • Adding in Backgrounds
    • General handling of backgrounds/objects and blending
    Week/Round 3:
    • Corrections (fixing issues with the body and clothes, etc.)
    Week/Round 4:
    • Adding Effects (nothing hardcore, snow, sand, sparkles, rain, adding tints or filters, etc.)
    • Brushes, Fonts, Borders, Actions, Stocks, and PSD's
    Week/Round 5:
    • Sim Editing (skin shading for instance)
    • Shadows and Lighting (basics)
    Week/Round 6:
    • No tutorials! This is finale week where you show the judges just how much you’ve actually improved. Bring your best A game!

@pammiechick @ForeverFranconia @ChloeDeCookie @EmmaSmile @Chaos_Fairy @alexis3142 @Zita1966z @Pebblycat @MissBirdie @strawberrigurl @HappyPanda @KenzRe @JenLadyBird88 @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101 @kittymeow @xJojox @gramatique
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on