Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging on or off?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    Aging is ALWAYS on for me. My game kind of loses its point when they don't age. I love playing legacies and such, so aging is a big deal for me, yeah.
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Aging off right now. Only because I really want the family of Sims that I play to experience Seasons and Pets (and toddlers....)
  • Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I keep it off mostly. I have certain things I want to be accomplished in each life stage and when that is done, I age them up or turn it on to normal until they age themselves up.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I usually play with aging off or long lifespan, since I like to hang with my sims for a good long time. Plus, I often want to do things with my sims that the normal lifespan just wouldn't allow for. For instance, I have one save where I have two brothers completing every single base game career, with each taking a different branch. Even the long lifespan would be too short for that challenge!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm currently on long. But ideally I'd like an option between normal and long. I don't play all that often, so on long they barely age, but it's nice that there's some progression as I don't want them to live forever.
    Post edited by typicalgemini on
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    always with aging on. if i had it off i would get bored with the sim/family quickly. i only wish some lifestages were a bit longer and some a bit shorter.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I prefer to play the Sims on the longest life span possible (love the way aging is in Sims 3) with aging on - but in Sims 4 there is no point as aging in my view is for all the life stages and seeing no toddlers, teens same as YA, no differences between teen, YA, Ads, and elders - never mind the crib babies - well not really a sims game to me - so no point in having aging on. My sims all are single sims teen or ya - it doesn't really matter they are the same - one goes to school and one goes to work - no marriages, no babies, just a bunch of look alike hermits - no point.

But in a real sims game - yes epic aging if possible with aging on.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    I always play with aging on, and I don't think I ever kept a baby as a baby for longer than a day.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Aging off.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It depends on my file. In normal gAmeplay I do aging on. But in my save with my main Sims in my profile picture aging is off.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    moseekee wrote: »
    I always play with aging on, and I don't think I ever kept a baby as a baby for longer than a day.

I leave my babies for the two days the parents have the New Baby! buff. When that's gone, my next move is age up/go to CAS. :) They don't usually grow into fashion-plate status outfits, y'know. :wink:
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I play ageing on short life span
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Long life span and my simies can age but the townies can't!
    giphy_1.gif