Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New update - Nanny Returns

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    So....that basically makes the "quarterly" teaser more of a July teaser lol

Yeah so now I'm wondering if we might get something for August.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    So....that basically makes the "quarterly" teaser more of a July teaser lol

Yeah so now I'm wondering if we might get something for August.

Fingers crossed! New EP teaser?

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This should help out the family players. :)

It actually kind of does. It's just #sad we had to wait two full years for this basic NPC. Like I literally can't even Maxis....at this point, I just can't even. But better later than never, I guess.

Now we just need the social worker and toddlers and better teens.

Also I believe the only "service" missing now are fire fighters.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    If the teaser was only for July? Does that mean another teaser for the rest of the quarter will come out shortly? Or are we stuck with guessing?

I believe the next few months will be used to promote EP3, that is, if it's announced next month at Gamescom.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Cool! My sim just had a baby. Can't wait to get home and check it out!
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    CURTAIN COLOR FIX

*heavy breathing
  • Options
    The new outfit thing sounds cool though, I might open my game to check that :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I'm assuming that the nanny is not required, i.e., if people still want to leave their kids home alone or let their baby be poofed off to daycare they can be. I didn't see anything in the notes that indicated otherwise.

So...that's it for the quarter then?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the nanny is not required, i.e., if people still want to leave their kids home alone or let their baby be poofed off to daycare they can be. I didn't see anything in the notes that indicated otherwise.

I hope not.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Lights can now have their color and intensity modified per room. In addition to the “this light” and “all lights” option, you can now modify lights via the “this room” option.

Changing outfits will now bring up a visual outfit picker to choose your Sims outfit.

That's actually pretty useful stuff! Hopefully the next patches will have things like this.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm very hesitant about opening up my game. Not only did bugs I have not get fixed but I'm wondering what new and wondrous bugs await.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I hope not.
    They probably will. Undoubtedly people will be upset that they can no longer leave their kids home by themselves lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options

Sorry but this will not help in any way.
    A burglar along with a police man would have made more sense. Nanny would make more sense along with a toddler.

Babies do not need much care. specially that they are leashed to their crib. Any visitor also takes care of the baby.

Oops forgot about those. Yeah two services missing still.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016

A burglar along with a police man would have made more sense. Nanny would make more sense along with a toddler.

Babies do not need much care. specially that they are leashed to their crib. Any visitor also takes care of the baby.

And the fireman. *Admits she calls firemen just so Sims can flirt with them sometimes.*
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Lights can now have their color and intensity modified per room. In addition to the “this light” and “all lights” option, you can now modify lights via the “this room” option.

Changing outfits will now bring up a visual outfit picker to choose your Sims outfit.

That's actually pretty useful stuff! Hopefully the next patches will have things like this.

I agree, I'm not used to seeing utilitarian patches like this. I hadn't even thought of these features but I like them!
  • Options
    WannabeDinosaurWannabeDinosaur Posts: 121 Member
    edited July 2016
    ...someone wanna clue me in on what the point of a nanny is, or..?
    Like.. I'm all for new additions but... whats..the..function..?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    We're still missing firefighters too (like the cheapest fire alarm basically has no purpose)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

And the fireman. *Admits she calls firemen just so Sims can flirt with them sometimes.*

LOL I did that all the time. Them firemen were hot.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member

Could be a preparation for a Generation EP this year if there will be any EP and if this wasn't a preparation then it means the developers truly have no priorities and are clueless of what their customer want.

I wish I could like this a thousand times.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

It actually kind of does. It's just #sad we had to wait two full years for this basic NPC. Like I literally can't even Maxis....at this point, I just can't even. But better later than never, I guess.

Now we just need the social worker and toddlers and better teens.

Also I believe the only "service" missing now are fire fighters.

We're still missing burglars (if you consider that a "service") and the Repo Man (a lot more fun than having the power shut off).

I'm thinking the nanny is the lead in to something bigger -- it would be odd to create a full NPC just to cope with the occasional "baby home with no teens/adults around" issue when it would probably be easier to do an age check before returning the baby to make sure someone is there to take care of him/her.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ...someone wanna clue me in on what the point of a nanny is, or..?
    Like.. I'm all for new additions but... whats..the..function..?
    Basically they are like a long-term babysitter for little ones. They can cook, clean, take care of pets and children.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

I hope not.

Why? More options are better than less, I would think. You could hire the nanny all the time and if I had the option not to, I don't see the issue. My play shouldn't change yours or vice versa?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Not really. It'll just constantly remind me of the gaping hole that is toddlers.

So, thanks EA, but no thanks. Until you address the glaringly obvious that is wrong with this game, I'm not interested in new stuff (even though, if there were toddlers, I'd be allllllll over this).

Their loss.

--T
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

The only time I call the repair-person (who happened to be a woman in my game) is to seduce them. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.