Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New update - Nanny Returns

RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member

Yay!! I've missed having her in my game! And I love her cat waist coat :):)

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay! I missed her. I shall call her Mrs. Crumplebottom. Now I have the choice of not having dumb rabbit holes control where my babies go.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    So....that basically makes the "quarterly" teaser more of a July teaser lol

Looks like it :)

• DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    this is nice!
    was also hoping the babies would be untied from those darned prison cribs but hopefully thats coming soon.
    xo0yscju
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    This should help out the family players. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yay! I missed her. I shall call her Mrs. Crumplebottom. Now I have the choice of not having dumb rabbit holes control where my babies go.

I am so glad the nanny is back, Yup I liked that ole Mrs Crumplebottom, i was planning on making her for the gallery, :)
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2016
    Haha, the blog post was actually funny as it makes fun of the "daycare feature" we have in the game. People saying nannies aren't needed, but to me they are. I hated that babies disappeared into "daycare" every time sims left the lot. It's nice to see all these NPCs coming back too. Now let's hope nannies will actually be useful and take care of the kids.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited July 2016
    So glad to have her back :) She was truly missed!!! Now we need toddlers to make her job a little harder ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    This is nice I guess, but not something I was desperate for. I wonder what's coming for August and September, as everything in the teaser has been pretty much covered.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    So what's left for the quarterly teaser? OR are we about to see an EP announcement whereby we've had the free content it includes in this quarter (today...) and thus they can now announce the EP as the free content part has been put out today? That would make the next EP... some sort of Generations EP. Hype train time? :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited July 2016
    YAS! I'm glad the nanny is back.
    Also, are doorbells in the update?
    tenor.gif
  • BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I just feel like they are so useless.... Babies would be taken care of for free, and children don't need any help at all. I think it can be cute for some interactions, but unless babies are fixed and we have toddlers I most likely will only use this for super rich families.
    Happy Simming!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Haha, the blog post was actually funny as it makes fun of the "daycare feature" we have in the game. People saying nannies aren't needed, but to me they are. I hate that my kids disappear into "daycare" every time my sims leave the lot. It's nice to see all these NPCs coming back too. Now let's hope nannies will actually be useful and take care of the kids.

It'll be even more useful if we can hire a nanny while still on the lot. Sometimes I just want a babysitter to relieve my sims from the pressure.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So the "free content" is a nanny -- wonder if that means the Easy Care Babies mod is finally broken. Seems to be the most useless of the NPCs (would have preferred some nice hunky firefighters for my single Sims...yeah, that's the ticket...), but if it presages additional changes in family play (the T-word), I welcome the return of our nanny overlords. Just hope they're not all old ladies...I'd like some variety in nannies.
    Haha, the blog post was actually funny as it makes fun of the "daycare feature" we have in the game. People saying nannies aren't needed, but to me they are. I hate that my kids disappear into "daycare" every time my sims leave the lot. It's nice to see all these NPCs coming back too. Now let's hope nannies will actually be useful and take care of the kids.

Actually there was a big issue with the day care system -- if the kids came home from school but the parents/teens were still out, the baby would be whisked back home but the children couldn't take care of it. The nanny would help that situation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    202.35 mb :)
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    So the "free content" is a nanny -- wonder if that means the Easy Care Babies mod is finally broken. Seems to be the most useless of the NPCs (would have preferred some nice hunky firefighters for my single Sims...yeah, that's the ticket...), but if it presages additional changes in family play (the T-word), I welcome the return of our nanny overlords. Just hope they're not all old ladies...I'd like some variety in nannies.

Actually there was a big issue with the day care system -- if the kids came home from school but the parents/teens were still out, the baby would be whisked back home but the children couldn't take care of it. The nanny would help that situation.

Yes happened with my families alot, and they ended up being neglected
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    yaay! the nanny's back! *sits back and keeps waiting for toddlers*
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This should help out the family players. :)

It's a bone. Now, show me the main course, meat. :D

Considering Backyard Stuff is the third pack in a row giving family play (Dine Out, Kid's Room being the other two), and updates like this and the monster under the bed, I'd say if you think these are bones you at least have a skeleton and in fairly short order. ;) I take it as a good sign of things to come, and I'm not even a family player.

The nanny won't do much for me, and I might not even see her in my game, but I'm happy she's there for those that wanted her around.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If the teaser was only for July? Does that mean another teaser for the rest of the quarter will come out shortly? Or are we stuck with guessing?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    This is great! I'm happy to see the direction they are taking the game. Fingers are crossed for a Generations expansion soon :)
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Eh, I would have preferred firemen. I don't know if I have a use for the nanny.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!