Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you for Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I only like Dine Out for the new recipes otherwise I could do without sending them to restaurants it also get very annoying if you have Get Together and sims text you to go out to eat constantly.

yep those texts are annoying but I find all those calls and texts annoying.. no matter they ask you to go to restaurant or go to the party. But it is better now.. they are not so frequent and I hope they will also make them even less frequent :)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    I like it a lot buuuuut the bugs! It's still alright with them but once (if) they address the issues it'll be stellar!

Agree:)))))!!! I do hope the fixes will come with the next patch:)))))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm still enjoying DO too. I'm even still playing at the managing side, even though I thought that would get boring fast. Major plus I've had absolutely no bugs at all and my restaurant is working really well with just one chef and one waiter. It's Chez Llama, the restaurant that came with the pack, because I still haven't got around to building my own.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I LOVE building restaurants. Unfortunately there are too many bugs in my game with dining to make playing at the restaurant very enjoyable, but I'm hoping that once a lot of the bugs are addressed I'll really be able to dive into the restaurants I've built. :smile:
  • Options
    Park wrote: »
    teaa5 wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes... wanted to say thank you for this pack because it keeps me very entertained and I still have a lot of interest to play it, which is unusual for me, because I am not a big fan of sims 4. I do hope developers team will keep delivering better and better content like Dine Out. So more and more disappointed players will change their minds :) Really great job devs:))) Please listen more to us players !!:))))

Thank you for starting such a cheerful thread! To date I had not been able to find any. There could very well be other up-votes, as it were, but this happens to be the first to actually come to my attention.

Indeed the bugs cannot be overlooked but as one chap on the first page wrote: (paraphrased) "Once they iron out the bugs it will be stellar".

Now then I do not have any expansion content in my game as of yet, but positive points of view such as this shall be factored in to such decisions.

And while I cannot speak for anyone except myself, I am nearly certain @SimGuruDrake will be delighted to see the happy reviews and pass them along to the production staff tasked with all the work that went into Dine Out.

:)))))))))))))) I am one of those who complain a lot ( because I love sims series) but when I see a good product then I am here to express my gratitude too:) and to be honest Dine Out makes me think that there is a big chance for sims 4 to be better game than it was initially:) I enjoyed some packs and expansions before: Outdoor Retreat and Spa, Get to Work etc.. but when they added Get Together to game play I stopped playing for 8 months.. Get Together was a big disappointment for me. That's why I am happy to see Dine out Pack because it makes my hopes up again and It makes me want to play again. So yes @SimGuruDrake please let devs know, that there are players thankful for this pack:))) Please keep good packs and expansions coming:)))
    00.jpg

• Options
    Awesome all that you are enjoying this Pack like I do:))) Hope the bug fix will come with the next patch and I hope more and more packs and expansions will be like this... :)))))
    00.jpg

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm enjoying it so far. The very first thing I did was have my dad take his daughter out to dinner. I asked for them to be seated, then I found myself being dragged to the other side of the restaurant. An old man died. It took about 2 hours for my family to be seated, they were walking all around the restaurant as the host still had not seated them yet, because Grim was still reaping. They arrived at the restaurant at about 4:30pm, but didn't get out until 11:30PM.

Two days later, the daughter's friend invited her out to eat and they were seated at the dead man's table. His urn was still there and diners got up to "mourn" it. I laughed so hard at the absurdity of it all and how very "simm-ish" it is.

So that was my very first impression of Dine Out, it was a very good laugh!

Then I started a different save to try running my own restaurant and I found that to be a bit of a challenge at first. I haven't read any hints or tutorials yet, so it took about 10 sim days for them to start making a profit. I built my own from scratch with what little starting funds they had.

So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm aware there's bugs but overall I think it's great.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Its a good pack, not a WOW pack but a good pack. I have some bugs in it though that make it a little strange to play. But all in all some of the surprising things that happen because of some of the bugs make the game more exciting!

I do agree;))) it has bugs but like you said sometimes they add that extra to the game play :))) and I have been struggling with sims 4 since it was released. No packs and no expansions seemed to keep me longer in the game and Dine out is the first one which I thoroughly enjoy:) Btw hope they will fix some of the bugs;)))

I am enjoying it. Only thing that I get that's strange is that my sims are starving, in the orange towards red before they get any food. I do not know why that is, but happens more than once.

that's indeed very strange... hmmm I had one death in my restaurant .. but she laughed too hard... hmm no starving though.. maybe a small bug? I do hope they will address your issue with the next patch :)

I hope so also. I had one come into the restaurant and I had to send him home as the hunger was getting too much
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far. The very first thing I did was have my dad take his daughter out to dinner. I asked for them to be seated, then I found myself being dragged to the other side of the restaurant. An old man died. It took about 2 hours for my family to be seated, they were walking all around the restaurant as the host still had not seated them yet, because Grim was still reaping. They arrived at the restaurant at about 4:30pm, but didn't get out until 11:30PM.

Two days later, the daughter's friend invited her out to eat and they were seated at the dead man's table. His urn was still there and diners got up to "mourn" it. I laughed so hard at the absurdity of it all and how very "simm-ish" it is.

So that was my very first impression of Dine Out, it was a very good laugh!

Then I started a different save to try running my own restaurant and I found that to be a bit of a challenge at first. I haven't read any hints or tutorials yet, so it took about 10 sim days for them to start making a profit. I built my own from scratch with what little starting funds they had.

So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm aware there's bugs but overall I think it's great.

ahahhahah that was quite a start there;))) ehehhe still laughing;))) I had a death too although my sim was the owner of the restaurant and one sim decided to laugh too hard and consequently die:))))))..which was quite unfortunately for me because I was hoping for some profit to pay bills that day:) everybody just started crying, stopped eating etc...:)))))) I hope they will fix two bugs which are quite annoying..one when they talk instead of eat and be seated etc.. and second one is when the owner deals with the customer then this sim is automatically ignored from waiter service.. had two critics coming the same day. One was sited and my sim managed to give recommendations before the waiter came.. sadly second one was not so lucky and ended up being completely ignored for the rest of the evening.. gave me bad review;((( and I couldn't do anything;(((( and it happens sometimes sadly with other sims - cutomers too... so I do hope they will fix those bugs:)
    00.jpg

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes, thank you so much!! I enjoy seeing what other sims order. :D
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    I absolutely love DO, this is my favorite pack. My Sim eats there all the time! I have not owned a Restaurant yet, but I love going there to eat!

As far as bugs, not sure what you are talking about. But, I did notice that mine was waiting for their order for a while. When I noticed they delivered food to someone who came in way way after my Sim got there......I was like, oh no you didn't! (yeah, just like in RL)

So I looked at the quey (not sure of the spelling) and there were three things lined up. "Chat" "order food" "wait for food" (something like that).
    What happened was:
    My Sim chatted with her date (first in the quey line)
    She placed the order (which was taken by waitress, 2nd in line in quey)
    The wait for food (something like that but was the 3rd in quey line)

So after waiting long enough, I canceled the chat one, because I can always start chatting with date again, then canceled the 2nd one because I already placed the order (which it brought up a box asking if I wanted to cancel the order and I said yes or accept, whichever option it was) and as soon as it canceled......the food arrived! I think one time, my Sim was eating alone and didn't have chat, but placed the order and had both in the quey (order and wait for food) but that was from a Diner from the Gallery. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I always keep an eye on what is in my quey!

Not sure if this is what is making your Sims wait so long, but I always check the quey box right away after placing an order!

*thinking quey is not the right spelling and it will drive me crazy*

Hope you understand what I am saying :D
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I absolutely love it so much! A real 'must have' for me.

My only gripes are a) the bugs can be a bit glaring and irritating and b) it's base content and should have been in the base game for us.

I received it as a gift, but to be honest, this is a pack I would have bought anyway. I thoroughly enjoy it and I think its the variety that is possible... I haven't even touched the retail side yet :)

I've used Dine Out for birthdays, dates, and breakfast with friends and I get a unique experience every time. Sometimes, I love just watching the other sims in the restaurant do their thing... it's very dynamic and immersive! It is a must I think and adds to the experience so much,

Restaurants were added in Sims Hot Date, and were added in Sims 2 Nightlife, and flat-out awful in Sims 3, so no, it wasn't base game content.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    IvySims15IvySims15 Posts: 31 Member
    Definitely the best game pack so far! I really appreciate the difficulty to actually earn a 5-star restaurant that ALSO makes a substantial profit.

As well, the ability to send your sims to a restaurant for a meal or to celebrate a birthday or promotion really adds a lot to the gameplay! However, I do find it pretty rude when sims ask my sims out to a restaurant and sticks my sim with the bill. -_-
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited July 2016
    IvySims15 wrote: »
    Definitely the best game pack so far! I really appreciate the difficulty to actually earn a 5-star restaurant that ALSO makes a substantial profit.

As well, the ability to send your sims to a restaurant for a meal or to celebrate a birthday or promotion really adds a lot to the gameplay! However, I do find it pretty rude when sims ask my sims out to a restaurant and sticks my sim with the bill. -_-

Oh my word. That is a bit low isn't it?

^_^

Having said that, I think I should try that IRL!!!
    Stretch my food budget immensely, it would!!!
    Post edited by Park on
  • Options
    I absolutely love DO, this is my favorite pack. My Sim eats there all the time! I have not owned a Restaurant yet, but I love going there to eat!

As far as bugs, not sure what you are talking about. But, I did notice that mine was waiting for their order for a while. When I noticed they delivered food to someone who came in way way after my Sim got there......I was like, oh no you didn't! (yeah, just like in RL)

So I looked at the quey (not sure of the spelling) and there were three things lined up. "Chat" "order food" "wait for food" (something like that).
    What happened was:
    My Sim chatted with her date (first in the quey line)
    She placed the order (which was taken by waitress, 2nd in line in quey)
    The wait for food (something like that but was the 3rd in quey line)

So after waiting long enough, I canceled the chat one, because I can always start chatting with date again, then canceled the 2nd one because I already placed the order (which it brought up a box asking if I wanted to cancel the order and I said yes or accept, whichever option it was) and as soon as it canceled......the food arrived! I think one time, my Sim was eating alone and didn't have chat, but placed the order and had both in the quey (order and wait for food) but that was from a Diner from the Gallery. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I always keep an eye on what is in my quey!

Not sure if this is what is making your Sims wait so long, but I always check the quey box right away after placing an order!

*thinking quey is not the right spelling and it will drive me crazy*

Hope you understand what I am saying :D

@charlotteprice I was talking about the situation when your sim is a manager. The two bugs appear then: one when I think you gain that "fast eaters" option and all of sudden your customers start to chat a lot, leave places etc.. at least it was in my case.. and second one is when your sim manager comes to the table to welcome and check on the table if he or she does so when the waiter comes at the same time for some reason this customer wont be served at all later on;((( And I haven't sent yet any of my sims on the date to the restaurant :)))) so looking forward to it;) Thank you for sharing your experience;))))))
    00.jpg

• Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    I love Dine Out. It's nice having another option for "business-savvy" Sims. And to be frank, I'm glad we don't have to stare at the outside of a building like in TS3.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    What sort of interesting restaurants have people built?

Here's one of mine that's out of this world! ;)

7wQzVRz.png
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Good idea, but my sims never get their food and there is no way to complain about not getting food. You can complain to the chef but that's it. :( Am I missing something?
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 558 Member
    Make sure there isn't decor blocking the spot where the chef sets the food platter and make sure the wait staff can get around ok w/ no routing issues and there can't be any food or drink still on your table or they won't bring anything to you.
  • Options
    What sort of interesting restaurants have people built?

Here's one of mine that's out of this world! ;)

7wQzVRz.png

wow awesome build:))))))))))))))))))))
    00.jpg

• Options
    Quaay wrote: »
    Make sure there isn't decor blocking the spot where the chef sets the food platter and make sure the wait staff can get around ok w/ no routing issues and there can't be any food or drink still on your table or they won't bring anything to you.

@LexLennon I agree with Quaay.. maybe you have a decor or something blocking the way? Hope your issues will be solved soon and you will enjoy this pack :)))
    00.jpg

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I agree. I really like Dine Out.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I use the restaurant that came with the pack and still my sim sometimes has to go home to eat, as it takes so long for the food to come, especially if the waiter dropped it, which happens to me quite frequently. I hope they speed that up a bit.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I've made some really interesting restaurants lol

I may show them off
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    I agreee Dine Out is pretty amazing i'm still hopeing we get more family play expansions like generations,seasons etc