Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you for Dine Out

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    What sort of interesting restaurants have people built?

Here's one of mine that's out of this world! ;)

7wQzVRz.png

Wow! I love this! That's some creativity you built there. I hope you put it on the gallery cause I think a lot of people would enjoy this!
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Yes it's ace, I'm really happy with it.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I use the restaurant that came with the pack and still my sim sometimes has to go home to eat, as it takes so long for the food to come, especially if the waiter dropped it, which happens to me quite frequently. I hope they speed that up a bit.

Hi, I think you have to level up your waitstaff's skill. Have you tried paying for their educations?
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    I use the restaurant that came with the pack and still my sim sometimes has to go home to eat, as it takes so long for the food to come, especially if the waiter dropped it, which happens to me quite frequently. I hope they speed that up a bit.

Hi, I think you have to level up your waitstaff's skill. Have you tried paying for their educations?

This is not in the owning a business, this is in being waited on.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »

This is not in the owning a business, this is in being waited on.

You could always play as that restaurant and grind to level up the waitstaff? I'm sorry this must be frustrating, I've run into this myself at Chez Llama.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

7wQzVRz.png

Wow! I love this! That's some creativity you built there. I hope you put it on the gallery cause I think a lot of people would enjoy this!

Thanks! I wanted to make a themed restaurant using the Star Wars costumes. The build is inspired by the x-wings, lol, though it turned into a generic starship design. Most of the interior of the ship is empty but the bottom stairs do lead to the bathrooms, while the restaurant is obviously on the tarmac. It's on the gallery, just search #TheGoodOldGamer. I called it "Snacks of the Ol Republic", lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

7wQzVRz.png

Thanks! I wanted to make a themed restaurant using the Star Wars costumes. The build is inspired by the x-wings, lol, though it turned into a generic starship design. Most of the interior of the ship is empty but the bottom stairs do lead to the bathrooms, while the restaurant is obviously on the tarmac. It's on the gallery, just search #TheGoodOldGamer. I called it "Snacks of the Ol Republic", lol.

"Snacks of the Ol Republic" LOL! I love that lol
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

Jimmysan maybe try to build your own? I have two now and I sent my sim to eat there and yes he spend there I think like 5 hours but there was no problems at all.. and I made him eat a lot;)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I've made some really interesting restaurants lol

I may show them off

feel free to show them here;)))))))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I just bought the Dine Out 3-In-1 bundle this evening and am downloading it now. I can't wait to try it out! Well, Dine Out is downloaded and installed, but I'm still waiting on Romantic Garden and Movie Hangout to finish downloading before launching.

I downloaded the same bundle. I've been to the restaurant only once. I've tried the movie screen in my home but it seems no different to having a flatscreen TV. And I've left the garden stuff alone.

Any useful things in this pack you'd care to share with me?

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    I absolutely love DO, this is my favorite pack. My Sim eats there all the time! I have not owned a Restaurant yet, but I love going there to eat!

As far as bugs, not sure what you are talking about. But, I did notice that mine was waiting for their order for a while. When I noticed they delivered food to someone who came in way way after my Sim got there......I was like, oh no you didn't! (yeah, just like in RL)

So I looked at the quey (not sure of the spelling) and there were three things lined up. "Chat" "order food" "wait for food" (something like that).
    What happened was:
    My Sim chatted with her date (first in the quey line)
    She placed the order (which was taken by waitress, 2nd in line in quey)
    The wait for food (something like that but was the 3rd in quey line)

So after waiting long enough, I canceled the chat one, because I can always start chatting with date again, then canceled the 2nd one because I already placed the order (which it brought up a box asking if I wanted to cancel the order and I said yes or accept, whichever option it was) and as soon as it canceled......the food arrived! I think one time, my Sim was eating alone and didn't have chat, but placed the order and had both in the quey (order and wait for food) but that was from a Diner from the Gallery. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I always keep an eye on what is in my quey!

Not sure if this is what is making your Sims wait so long, but I always check the quey box right away after placing an order!

*thinking quey is not the right spelling and it will drive me crazy*

Hope you understand what I am saying :D

@charlotteprice I was talking about the situation when your sim is a manager. The two bugs appear then: one when I think you gain that "fast eaters" option and all of sudden your customers start to chat a lot, leave places etc.. at least it was in my case.. and second one is when your sim manager comes to the table to welcome and check on the table if he or she does so when the waiter comes at the same time for some reason this customer wont be served at all later on;((( And I haven't sent yet any of my sims on the date to the restaurant :)))) so looking forward to it;) Thank you for sharing your experience;))))))

I have never run a restaurant yet. I was just reading from page one up to when I posted this. I was referring to the ones who said their Sims were starving because the food wasn't delivered for a long time.

Thanks for clarifying your bugs......I think I will wait to actually own a restaurant until those bugs you mentioned, are fixed :D