Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff Speculations

So that other thread has a few snippets of speculation and discussion about the actual stuff pack but those posts are totally lost in the general discontent so I thought it would be fun to have a thread specifically geared to what we might get in the new stuff pack and free content patch. There are other threads discussing the lack of expansion packs and the time until the next content releases so please lets just keep this focused on what we think will come, or hope to see, in the new stuff pack. :)

25_zpsf638hqvh.png

I missed the bird thought bubble the first time I watched it and that is a bit of a mystery for me. I don't think it would be an aspiration or skill because those are not typically included in stuff packs. Maybe it just means outdoors and enjoying nature?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    I'm hoping more jungle gyms and playground equipment for kids. Sprinklers, more pool and jacuzzie options. With that bird icon maybe bird watching is back? Tree houses, more grill options, maybe a tire swing or even swing sets in general. Obviously a new table with umbrella(not sure if that color is already in game but it seems much bigger anyways). Thats all I can think of. :)

I'd love a larger round table that would seat at least 6 sims. Have wanted one forever and don't think we've ever had a large round table in any of the prior versions.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited July 2016
    I want a large round table too! I usually play families and I love it when every sits together and a round table would be awesome!

Also I think your right, we've never had a large round table not in the sims 2 or 3, can't remember if we had any in the OG. How strange, we haven't had one.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    This is my own speculation from what I see:

Possible Nanny NPC - Might care for Babies and Children automatically or only if called.
    Lemonade - perhaps Children Sims can run Lemonade Stores?
    Also, it could also be Backyard related, however, the sunscreen and sunglasses make me think of a Beach.
    Plus, I can understand where all the Pets speculation is coming from - they keep showing us a bunch of items with animals - perhaps we'll get a Birdhouse and Bird-feeder for our Backyards? Perhaps even Bird-watching/Collecting?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    There's a content patch as well? And when is the pack released?
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2016
    I know this is all probably wishful thinking, but hear me out...

If you take a look at the thought bubbles that come from their heads, they each represent a possibility of an upcoming patch, stuff pack, and expansion pack. First, the old woman is seen thinking of a baby rattle. Would if this could possibly mean that we're getting a new NPC (babysitter) in a patch... OR I could play devil's advocate here and (hopefully) say that this could mean we'll be getting toddlers. It's not very likely, but hey, who knows? I believe the thought bubble that comes from Eliza's head (the lemonade) simply relates to the stuff pack, so that's nothing new. But, when you look at Bob's thought bubble, he thinks of a bird... could this possibly mean a Pets expansion pack might be released?

I know the teaser was intended to be mainly about the upcoming stuff pack, but they could've very well added some other "hints" in there too! This is, of course, complete speculation. I'm probably very likely to be far off... lol But, how cool would that be?

1) Toddlers and/or Babysitter Patch
    2) Backyard Stuff Pack
    3) Pets Expansion Pack
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    There's a content patch as well? And when is the pack released?

The release date has not been announced.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    This is my own speculation from what I see:

Possible Nanny NPC - Might care for Babies and Children automatically or only if called.
    Lemonade - perhaps Children Sims can run Lemonade Stores?
    Also, it could also be Backyard related, however, the sunscreen and sunglasses make me think of a Beach.
    Plus, I can understand where all the Pets speculation is coming from - they keep showing us a bunch of items with animals - perhaps we'll get a Birdhouse and Bird-feeder for our Backyards? Perhaps even Bird-watching/Collecting?

I'm thinking the NPC Nanny will be in the patch. I've always thought the kids in game were elementary age so a nanny would still be appropriate.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2016
    The only thing that looks super cool to me is the possibility of a nanny/babysitter. I honestly don't see toddler hints. I'm liking the CAS items. Cute shoes the two ladies are wearing. More drink option for the kids. New drink serving tray? I wonder if they will have other fruit juices. Maybe there's a blender or juicer involved.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    With that lemonade tray on the table it makes me wonder if the drinks will be like the drink tray in spa day where they just swipe their hand over the tray and tada the drinks magically appear. I hope not I hope because there's a pitcher of lemonade that I'm wrong.

I like the picnic basket on the table I hope it means we can have actual picnics.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member

My Theroies...
    *Nanny/Babysitter NPC to be patched in?
    - I know some people don't see the point of us getting a Nanny/Babysitter NPC because babies just go to "daycare" and kids can basically fend for themselves but it's kind of like the repairman...technically you can just replace the broken object or have your Sim fix the object themselves but it's nice to have the option if someone wants it.
    *Possibly new things added for babies? - The crib/bassinet in the render looks slightly different to me...it could just be for the render but it would be nice if they added more crib/bassinet options. And maybe some other baby things as well as more options for babies...I don't know if that will really happen but one can dream :)
    *More pool objects? - The way the adult Sims are dressed in the render reminds me of Summer and the way people would dress if they were outside hanging out by the pool...I would really love to see some more things for pools. Like a pool slide or some pool games.
    *Lemonade/Lemonade Stand? - I think it's possible they are gonna add in lemonade and a way to make it. I would love to see a lemonade stand for the kids again and possibly a juicer for the adults to make lemonade (and other fruit drinks).
    *Kids having "funky" hair colors? - The hair that the child in the render is wearing looks like one of the adult hair styles that has the color highlights in it (I don't think it's the same hair though because to me it looks similar but not the same)...maybe they will be patching in the option for kids to have access to the non-traditional hair colors.

As for the bird thought bubble...I have no idea,lol. My boyfriend suggested it could mean bird watching or something else involving nature but I'm not sure. Bird watching would be something that I wouldn't mind see make a return though. My Sims could always use more hobbies.

I'm excited to hear more information about the upcoming content and what our Sims will be getting next!
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I feel like a nanny is somewhat useless since babies in game are pretty easy to tend to and kids are pretty capable of tending to their own needs. A nanny would only really benefit the game if ________ were added. As for the bird I feel like it could be a subtle way of them saying that Pets is on the way without really saying it but this is mostly due to that fact that I really want another EP.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks OP for creating this post! It's good to actually be able to talk about the game, without all the drama in the original thread!

My personal opinion is:

- we are getting nannies in a free update and possibly an option to change babies' clothes (the baby is wearing a diaper and not the usual green/yellow overall). I know we've seen babies wearing diapers in renders before but that was before the game was released. The team must know anything baby- or toddler-related will be dissected by the fans (that's the reason why there is a crib in the picture so that people will not start speculating about freed babies), so I believe this genuinely is a hint towards baby customization options.

- backyard stuff: looks like the pack will rather be focused on summer stuff. It's a pity this is just a SP because there are so many outdoor activities that could be added (water slides, basketball, sprinklers, working hoose, etc). But we are getting 2 gameplay objects, one of them probably being the lemonade maker. I wonder if the option to sunbathe will make a return? (They just need to reuse some of the animations created for yoga)

- thought bubbles: I just don't understand the bird one. Either we are getting bird watching back (never really cared for it but it would be a nice thing to do for my sims that visit Granite Falls) or it's a hint towards the next EP (which shouldn't be showcased in this teaser anyway since it has been confirmed that no EP is coming this quarter...).
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Reposting here my own speculations from the other thread

One free patch will probably include a baby sitter, perhaps some new interactions with the baby or some customizations options ?
    Then one free patch with lemonade, a juicer would be awesome.
    For the bird, I'm not sure, it reminds me of bird watching indeed, but how would that work ? In TS2, nothing happened when you did it if I remember right.
    And there's also this odd spinning thing, which reminds me of the psychiatrist spinning thing in TS2.
    We may see more adult/child conversion too, because of the child hair.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    Another simmer mentioned the little teaser has music from TS2 pets, I think that's worth mentioning.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    They only said content shown in a promo had to be released in that quarter so they can hint at pets they just can't actually show pets or it's contents. Also they can't confirm it is for pets since that would mean they would have to release it that quarter or give a time of release to avoid the former and most likely they don't have a release date yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    Reposting here my own speculations from the other thread

One free patch will probably include a baby sitter, perhaps some new interactions with the baby or some customizations options ?
    Then one free patch with lemonade, a juicer would be awesome.
    For the bird, I'm not sure, it reminds me of bird watching indeed, but how would that work ? In TS2, nothing happened when you did it if I remember right.
    And there's also this odd spinning thing, which reminds me of the psychiatrist spinning thing in TS2.
    We may see more adult/child conversion too, because of the child hair.

The odd spinning thing is a yard spinner, it's typical backyard or front yard decor

mFjZIFjxPPjp_dr7VnzrijQ.jpg

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    -I think there is going to be a babysitter npc added in a patch, Graham said no hints.
    -I think the bird might be for bird watching to come back.
    -There's now lemonade, we might get some lemon trees as a new harvestable.
    -There's obviously going to be new backyard furniture and new clothes.
    -Hopefully there will be some new outdoor activities for both kids and adults; i.e. swing set, trampoline, volleyball and/or badminton.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited July 2016
    -I think there is going to be a babysitter npc added in a patch, Graham said no hints.
    -I think the bird might be for bird watching to come back.
    -There's now lemonade, we might get some lemon trees as a new harvestable.
    -There's obviously going to be new backyard furniture and new clothes.
    -Hopefully there will be some new outdoor activities for both kids and adults; i.e. swing set, trampoline, volleyball and/or badminton.

I don't know about the new activities. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE all of those but SPs do not usually come with new animations and if new animations are added they aren't usually very complex. SimGuruGraham already confirmed that lounge chairs would be too much work for a SP because of the new animations that would be required (particularly multitasking while lounging), so I wouldn't hold my breath for those activities as they look like they would be animation heavy...
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Lemon trees came with the base game. :)
    When I first saw the bird as Bob's thought bubble, I originally thought he was thinking his wife squaks like one. Not really a hint to anything. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Maybe bird watching?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited July 2016
    Lemon trees came with the base game. :)
    When I first saw the bird as Bob's thought bubble, I originally thought he was thinking his wife squaks like one. Not really a hint to anything. lol

Hint to new couple interactions perhaps ? :D
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

1) Toddlers and/or Babysitter Patch
    2) Backyard Stuff Pack
    3) Pets Expansion Pack [/quote]

In our dreams, but we can keep dreaming. and until the culling is stopped I wont be buying anymore.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Just some thoughts/observations:

1. I get the feeling all the other Sims are looking at Eliza for some reason. If you look closely, she has something in her hand. Perhaps Bob is thinking of a bird because she's using some kind of bird calling device?
    2. The child Sim has dyed hair tips, but also, if you zoom in closely, it looks like the girl in front of him has ombre hair too. It goes from dark to blond in the back. That might already be a hairstyle in GT, DO or KR though? I don't have those packs yet.
    3. The 'baby' looks much older than a newborn to me, but we've already been told that's not a hint at anything to do with toddlers. I believe we are perhaps getting a Nanny NPC. *shrugs*
    4. I love the idea of a juicer for our Sims. It would be cool if they could make not only lemonade, but also pomegranate, cherry, strawberry, etc. juices too. Maybe even mix them together with bananas & milk for fruit and/or veggie smoothies as well! Maybe we'll even get new fruit to grow, like orange, grapefruit, and peaches?
    5. Love the bigger umbrella table & chairs, the new clothes/accessories & hairstyles and probably more lawn decorations.
    6. Maybe the spinning thing is not only a decoration, but a sprinkler too? For fun and for gardening? Hmm... It could be a new backyard light too, looks like the middle is glowing to me.

I would love it if we got some more backyard activities for kids too, like maybe a swingset, teeter totter or jungle gym or some sporting games like tetherball, basketball or a baseball diamond for entire family fun or family reunions.

That's all I got for now. Looks promising though! :)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    S3EoYE9.png
    There are pluming cats on this lady's jacket!!!
    Pets confirmed to be the next EP
    a256aFi.gif