Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP or SP should I get?

So on steam there is a sale for sims 3 and I would like to purchase some EP or perhaps SP. The current ones I have are Ambitions, Latenight, Generations, Seasons, University life, High end loft stuff.
I wanna buy maybe two more packs.

Which EP or SP did you guys enjoy mostly and why did you like it?

Thanks
C6y3sJN.jpg
My wishlist [x]

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love Supernatural because of the new life forms it brought into the game, also it has some nice stuff and love the town of Moonlight Falls that comes with it. But, if you don't like occult type stuff, you won't enjoy it. I really love them all...and I have them all. Each has a special reason that I won't take them out of my puter. Oh.....just noticed World Adventures is not on your list either. Love that for vacations!!! Good luck and have fun deciding. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got the entire collection installed and have no reason to uninstall any of them because they all add something to the game.There's even a free unofficial EP created by NRaas Mods called Sims 2 Open World for Sims 3 which is installed when you install the NRaas Mod collection.I got that EP for free and it improved my gameplay a lot and added Sims 2 rotational play to Sims 3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CalisoCaliso Posts: 32 Member
    Pets was actually the first one I ever bought and I kinda like it. But in my opinion you already have the best expansion packs ahaha. You might get Town Life stuff (whatever it's called) or Diesel Stuff Pack. The town life one provides some nice buildings to place and diesel gives you cool clothes. In all honesty dont get Island Paradise. It is full of bugs and the town you get is almost useless. World Adventures is the best one you can pick. I am a huge fan of it and travel all the time. I love it and I love all the stuff in it. The clothes aren't the best (imo) BUT it adds really great game play.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Make sure all of your current packs + base game are on Steam before because you can't mix it with Origin.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Make sure all of your current packs + base game are on Steam before because you can't mix it with Origin.

Oh thank you for letting me know.
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    For me WA and Supernatural would be missing in the list you have. Pets requires a high end computer, you have to take that into account.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,727 Member
    World Adventures and Master Suite Stuff :D
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    It depends on your personality. For me, it would be Supernatural, Into the Future and World Adventures. But every TS3 pack has something great, so it shouldn't matter that much ;)
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I need them all - but given what you already have I'd say World Adventures and Supernatural will add lots to your game.

World Adventures adds all sorts of things that you can do without having to visit other worlds. But you can visit other worlds if you want to. If you get NRAAS Traveler mod you can have sims in one game living in multiple worlds and visit them.
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 356 Member
    I like World Adventures because you can travel to three different worlds. You can walk around and check it out. You can also accept challenges. It's fun to do them. Supernatural is good too. You have witches, werewolf, vampire, etc. I like to do spell challenge duels again other witches. It's fun to do Ice Blast or Fire Blast on each other. Also, I like to turn people's heads into toads.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    University Life is the one I like the most :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    World Adventures is a good EP. It adds not only places to travel to, but also nectar making, photography and martial arts. If you get NRaas Travel mod, it makes a world of difference with that EP, too. I don't have either Supernatural or Pets, but I love hearing about both of them. If I had a choice, I would probably pick Supernatural because it's not as taxing on your computer as Pets is. But I miss having pets in my games. Of course, fairies and witches and zombies and werewolves sound like a lot of fun! :)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I highly recommend Supernatural. Moonlight Falls is a nice town with some great architecture and plenty of open space for adding your own lots, the build/buy assets are great, and the five new life states are all quite different, and each is fun in their own way (though I have yet to do much with Ghosts). Then again, it was watching my niece play this EP that sold me on the game, so I am a bit biased. :)
  • Options
    Joshua1999Joshua1999 Posts: 6 New Member
    I think you should get pets. The addition of the animals just makes the game a bit more realistic
  • Options
    EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    I really like World Adventures... Ive only been to china and egypt but I enjoy the temple and dungeon quests alot. Learning martial arts was great too,Owning townies has never been easier. I just picked up ambitions and pets via the Steam sale though completing my collection of EPs

Actually even if your base game is on Origin its worth it to buy a sims 3 Plus pack(ie:Sims 3 plus pets) because youll get the base game on steam allowing you to buy the ep/sps at a great discount then just get the cdkeys from the sims 3 game page in steam for all your packs and register them on thesims3.com which will put them into your Origin inventory as well.

The base game is only $2.50 when bought as a plus pack and when you redeem the key it gives you 1000 Simpoints.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Caliso wrote: »
    Pets was actually the first one I ever bought and I kinda like it. But in my opinion you already have the best expansion packs ahaha. You might get Town Life stuff (whatever it's called) or Diesel Stuff Pack. The town life one provides some nice buildings to place and diesel gives you cool clothes. In all honesty dont get Island Paradise. It is full of bugs and the town you get is almost useless. World Adventures is the best one you can pick. I am a huge fan of it and travel all the time. I love it and I love all the stuff in it. The clothes aren't the best (imo) BUT it adds really great game play.

No offense but Island Paradise is actually great. There are some relatively minor things that you can do to eliminate the lag. If you take just a little time and look in the old Sims 3 forum (which is still accessible) you will find the aforementioned fixes. You've got some interesting townies, some real fun jobs (lifeguard and scuba diver) and some great scenery. I mean who doesn't want to be a lifeguard on the beach and have all those ladies "fake" drowning to get your attention. LOL.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »
    Caliso wrote: »

No offense but Island Paradise is actually great. There are some relatively minor things that you can do to eliminate the lag. If you take just a little time and look in the old Sims 3 forum (which is still accessible) you will find the aforementioned fixes. You've got some interesting townies, some real fun jobs (lifeguard and scuba diver) and some great scenery. I mean who doesn't want to be a lifeguard on the beach and have all those ladies "fake" drowning to get your attention. LOL.

The first time I played the lifeguard career in Isla Paradiso my Sim (the lifeguard) had to choose between saving a ghost or an ordinary Sim. They were both drowning at the same time. I went for the ordinary Sim because the ghost had already died from drowning and once they are dead they are dead - right? Well my Sim saved the drowning Sim and the ghost got itself out of the water and beat my sim up for not saving it.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2016
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    So on steam there is a sale for sims 3 and I would like to purchase some EP or perhaps SP. The current ones I have are Ambitions, Latenight, Generations, Seasons, University life, High end loft stuff.
    I wanna buy maybe two more packs.

Which EP or SP did you guys enjoy mostly and why did you like it?

Thanks

I always find it so difficult to decide! Each EP has many different features to enjoy and frustrations to endure. Are there things you especially like (or dislike) about the packs you already have?
    Post edited by GreenCats on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    GreenCats wrote: »
    I always find it so difficult to decide! Each EP has many different features to enjoy and frustrations to endure.

I agree. I don't know what to get next Island Paradise or a stuff pack? I read that Island Paradise is fun. Does anyone have Into The Future expansion pack? Is it good? I'm going to eventually get it. I was just curious on what's it like.
  • Options
    justbrice wrote: »
    I don't know what to get next Island Paradise or a stuff pack? I read that Island Paradise is fun. Does anyone have Into The Future expansion pack? Is it good? I'm going to eventually get it. I was just curious on what's it like.

Unless you're not interested in any of IP's features, I would always recommend an EP over an SP (I do really like Diesel though!).

Running a resort can be a fun diversion if you're into that sort of thing, and there are plenty of beautiful new CAS and build/buy items to enjoy.

Boats bring a real sense of freedom to all worlds, though in my experience can cause routing problems in at least Barnacle Bay, Al Simhara, and Twinbrook, and maybe others.

I bought ITF on release, but I've hardly touched it. I do use the kitchen counters in almost every build and I quickly made one simbot early on, but that's about it!

I'm currently doing a legacy where I play through and sort of review one EP per generation. I'm just about to start ITF, which means I'm almost on the ITF generation, and I'm actually looking forward to stepping into the unknown and seeing what time travelling, bot building, and the legacy statues are all about.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have Fast Lane Stuff and Master Suite Stuff. I want to get Movie Stuff during this Steam sale, but any other SP suggestions?

Edit: What's great about Diesel stuff?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @KevinL5275
    It has lots and lots and lots of clothes. Male clothes too, mostly male clothes actually.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I have Fast Lane Stuff and Master Suite Stuff. I want to get Movie Stuff during this Steam sale, but any other SP suggestions?

As with EPs, it really depends on your preferences. Some people even like the Katy Perry one! What do you think of FLS and MSS?

As for @GITTE says, it's the clothes that really make Diesel stand out for a lot of simmers. The jean selection is particularly good I think. But I'm also a big fan of the furniture. It's not a particularly large selection, but I love every piece. There are some cool dining chairs that aren't like anything else in the game, and the pack also contains my favourite bed and sofa. There are a couple of nice lights, too. There are some weird stencils on some of the furniture, which for some people ruins the pack, but the one on the bed at least can easily be removed in-game with this mod.

I'm not sure after that. I do like MSS for the underwear and bed, but you already have that one. Outdoor Living Stuff maybe for the patio furniture. High End Loft Stuff is somewhere near the bottom of my personal list - it just seemed a little empty to me, and I found some of the ultramodern furniture kind of ugly, although I do love the corner bath.

If you browse through LGR's youtube channel, he has short reviews of each of the stuff packs, where you'll be able to see for yourself what each one comes with and decide how much you'd like it.
    Post edited by GreenCats on
  • Options
    GreenCats wrote: »
    Unless you're not interested in any of IP's features, I would always recommend an EP over an SP (I do really like Diesel though!).

Running a resort can be a fun diversion if you're into that sort of thing, and there are plenty of beautiful new CAS and build/buy items to enjoy.

Boats bring a real sense of freedom to all worlds, though in my experience can cause routing problems in at least Barnacle Bay, Al Simhara, and Twinbrook, and maybe others.

I bought ITF on release, but I've hardly touched it. I do use the kitchen counters in almost every build and I quickly made one simbot early on, but that's about it!

I'm currently doing a legacy where I play through and sort of review one EP per generation. I'm just about to start ITF, which means I'm almost on the ITF generation, and I'm actually looking forward to stepping into the unknown and seeing what time travelling, bot building, and the legacy statues are all about.

I think I'm going to get Island Paradise next. I was looking over at the features for Island Paradise. They got some good stuff. Running or staying at a resort, riding a boat, and going scuba diving sounds like fun. It's interesting how they have fish, sharks, mermaid, and Kraken. I can't wait to get it.
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

How's Master Suite Stuff? Is it good?