The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I'm so excited about this chapter I couldn't sleep last night! I decided to go ahead and make a little screenshot of why I'm excited for those that don't feel like reading the chapter and finding out that way. I recently discovered that my half-alien sim Nebula's mother was on the list of summon-able sims on the teleporter. I do want to stress that if anyone uses this feature for story purposes that you not save after you take your screenshots. I'm not sure if it would break the game or not adding a hidden NPC to the neighborhood.

TS4_x64%2B2016-06-27%2B08-56-54-39.jpg

Chapter 6: Senior Pollination Technician 3

Also, I really need help with a boy space-themed baby name! I've already used Comet, Orion, Rocket, Zeke, Cosmo and Sirius.
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Find out who wins the third Solo Date with Hook!!

https://youtu.be/g2ewv5NJRrU
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Good Morning/Happy Timezones! I haven't gotten a chance to catch up with the thread, but I hope you're all well! :blush:

I'm here with today's legacy chapter. :blush: I LOVED writing this one!

4.2: Obituaries
    8D10yNF.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @cecerose0208 and @CathyTea
    TQn65rO.png
    what do you think is happening in this picture? it's a teaser for my upcoming chapter I wanted to get out today but I couldn't...
    Looks like it's the long anticipated arrest.
    yep its the long anticipated arrest scene..I used the same pose I used in the "aggressive boyfriend" chapter
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

It's the last part of the Skylathan's first day! Woot! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-opening-day-pt-5/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone! Hope you are doing awesome! :)

@CathyTea I don't have photoshop... And that seems like way too much effort for a lazy-bones like me! But thanks anyway! =)

@Rainydayz179 @Derubelle I will look into it! Thank you :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    My grown-up Wonder Child, Charlie Rocca Cups, got an award! It's the Edgar Evans Community Service Award. What's even better is that he was nominated by @chealsycat 's Daddy Bear (whom I absolutely love) and that he was able to nominate a Sim who comes from somebody who, every single week, gives so much to our SimLit Community! Congratulations, @mastressalita and her Rose Hatcher!

Charlie writes his acceptance speech for the Edgar Evans Award in Wonder 44 and here it is! Edgar Evans Award

Congratulations @mastressalita! :star: (Frankly, I was tearing apart between you two). ;)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    chealsycat wrote: »
    My grown-up Wonder Child, Charlie Rocca Cups, got an award! It's the Edgar Evans Community Service Award. What's even better is that he was nominated by @chealsycat 's Daddy Bear (whom I absolutely love) and that he was able to nominate a Sim who comes from somebody who, every single week, gives so much to our SimLit Community! Congratulations, @mastressalita and her Rose Hatcher!

Charlie writes his acceptance speech for the Edgar Evans Award in Wonder 44 and here it is! Edgar Evans Award

Congratulations @mastressalita! :star: (Frankly, I was tearing apart between you two). ;)

That's so awesome ! That means I was able to pass it forward the way you hoped! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member

@CathyTea : Daaaw, I'm so flattered! Thank you so much! I would never think that an old catlady with dementia currently on numbered days could get a Community Service Award. ^_^;; I'll enjoy getting to write something from the two-legger PoV again!

Btw, I'm missing her and Shadow. Has he caught his bird?
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Morning, gang!

So I'm on chapter 9 and some of my readers have started shipping two main characters. (I'm really flattered that someone was able to relate or connect to a character I've written - it's such an awesome feeling!) The ever so minor issue is that the ship name seems to be interchangeable between two nicknames: #Delliot and #Ellsiree.

The main character, who the whole story revolves around, is a young woman named Desiree. One of her friends, is a young man, named Elliot. Do I roll with the back and forth between the two ship names? Or do I choose one? I thought about how celebrity couples get shipped. Typically, it is the male who starts the ship name off... For example, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, are famously known as "Brangelina". I'm wondering if I should follow this and designate the male's name first? In which case, it'd be "Ellsiree". My only problem is, I'm not sure how I like the sound of it rolling off my tongue! I find "Delliot" more appealing in sound. But does that matter?

Second. There is no ship for Desiree and other male characters at this time. But in prep, just in case it happens at some point, how would you fuse together the names "Desiree" and "Dodi"? I've tried and it is not smooth flowing :/

Thanks for helping a simlit writer out. I appreciate you guys x
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    chealsycat wrote: »

@CathyTea : Daaaw, I'm so flattered! Thank you so much! I would never think that an old catlady with dementia currently on numbered days could get a Community Service Award. ^_^;; I'll enjoy getting to write something from the two-legger PoV again!

Btw, I'm missing her and Shadow. Has he caught his bird?

Yup! At least he caught one! Cute little goldfinch. Made me think twice about the nomination . Big bird lover here! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hahaha @Jellysimwich gotta love ship names! ;) Usually I just let my readers call their ships whatever they want and just roll with it :) Sometimes one will "stick" and pretty much everyone ends up using it (like #ToCo for two characters named Tobi and Colette), sometimes names will be interchangeable (like two characters named Mari and Jonas... Some people call them #Joni , #Marjo, #Maras, etc. That ship has like 5 names :lol:)

So my personal recommendation would be to just roll with whatever your readers say :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Update! Long over due... Sorry! We are back to our regular scedual of one update a week on Monday! Super happy! :blush:

True Love Eliminations: Wayne Mason
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Jellysimwich I vote for #Delliot! It sounds better! And no, never ever ship Dodi and Desiree... It's wrong in so many ways! ;)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Jellysimwich all for #Delliot and I don't ship desiree with dodi but maybe dodiree? Or desirodi? :D
  • Options
    Hahaha @Jellysimwich gotta love ship names! ;) Usually I just let my readers call their ships whatever they want and just roll with it :) Sometimes one will "stick" and pretty much everyone ends up using it (like #ToCo for two characters named Tobi and Colette), sometimes names will be interchangeable (like two characters named Mari and Jonas... Some people call them #Joni , #Marjo, #Maras, etc. That ship has like 5 names :lol:)

So my personal recommendation would be to just roll with whatever your readers say :blush:

I do agree with this! Thanks for helping me see a bit more clearly :)

I guess I'm a bit torn for when I do promo pics of my story...like...what ship name should I go with? :D Decisions, decisions!
  • Options
    @Jellysimwich I vote for #Delliot! It sounds better! And no, never ever ship Dodi and Desiree... It's wrong in so many ways! ;)

I concur! #Delliot sounds better ;) Alright, thanks!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Jellysimwich all for #Delliot and I don't ship desiree with dodi but maybe dodiree? Or desirodi? :D

I need a Laugh button because I came up with that name too and it sounds like macaroni...like a very fancy macaroni dish LOL.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Jellysimwich How bout #DoReMi, haha (not good AT ALL, I know, but that's what I thought about :lol: ).

#DesiDo
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Jellysimwhich a TV show I watch called OUAT there's a lot of ship names one is even a lesbian ship names "SwanQueen" despite the fact the "Swan" and the "Queen" are step-great granddaughter (Swan)/grandmother (Queen)

the "Swan"'s parents are known as "Snowing" Snow+Charming Swan's now dead, ex-boyfriend "SwanFire" or "SwanThief"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    @Jellysimwich How bout #DoReMi, haha (not good AT ALL, I know, but that's what I thought about :lol: ).

#DesiDo

Well I guess this settles things. Dodi just is never meant to be paired with Desiree, ever :P lol
  • Options
    now I need to think of a name for America+David Amervid?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Jellysimwhich a TV show I watch called OUAT there's a lot of ship names one is even a lesbian ship names "SwanQueen" despite the fact the "Swan" and the "Queen" are step-great granddaughter (Swan)/grandmother (Queen)

the "Swan"'s parents are known as "Snowing" Snow+Charming Swan's now dead, ex-boyfriend "SwanFire" or "SwanThief"

I'm so core on OUAT! Follow it :) I guess I've never got too involved in ship names before, but then again, I haven't really written stuff before - not like simlit. I had no idea blog stories were so interactive! Loving the simlit community :)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    My sims just had the worst day ever. First they witnessed two townies deaths outside their house and then double alien abduction triggered. Their poor little boy is going to be traumatized for the rest of his life.

Those screenshots are so funny. Is that your drifter challenge?

Yes, it is my drifter challenge, part 2. I lost several hours of gameplay though. I placed the Coolala light in the kids room and the game froze. The defender light probably scared it away too.

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I really need to get back to writing I miss you guys!! *continues writing her crappy draft*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top