Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wondering what is Next After Dine Out , Kids Pack, & Back Yard Stuff ?

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    I'd love a farming gamepack,

As for expansion - anything, preferably seasons. The game desperately needs some rain.

Many simmers are hoping for Farming and I;m not sure why lol .. personally I dont see this as something fun?

The popularity of Stardew Valley might gear the developers towards a farming/rural pack. It could give a different twist on the old Pets theme -- we had horses to ride in Sims 3, well, why not farm animals to care for in Sims 4? You could get animal products like milk or wool, with the quality determined by how well you take care of your animals. Then you could either sell the animal products or use them yourself -- make recipes with the milk, spinning wheel or loom to make cloth out of the wool, etc.

Really Stardew Valley? I saw the graphic's for that one, did not care for it, I am into game that look good, Not cubic, :)

I've got almost as many hours into Stardew Valley as I do into Sims 4. B) For me, gameplay has a lot more to it than just fancy graphics -- then again, one of my favorite Twitch streamers frequently speedruns old SNES games like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid on his stream, and I enjoy watching them (he's been working on learning Super Mario World and MegaMan X as well). It's the attention to detail that I appreciate in SV; everything seems rosy on the surface but there are hidden secrets about the neighbors. You've got issues like alcohol abuse (and family members dealing with alcoholic parents), secret love affairs, PTSD, overprotective parents, death of parents...it's actually pretty complex. All while you're trying to clear up your grandpa's old farm and make a go of it.

I made Super Mario & Luigi, they are both together in My Gallery, :) .
  • Options
    KrazyKat888KrazyKat888 Posts: 455 Member
    Unpopular opinion, I was never too fond of Seasons or Pets. I played them for a couple of hours, but they didn't change my gameplay at all. Generations was alright. I liked the afterschool activities and the bunk beds! I found the curfew insanely annoying though! Toddlers got old quickly and I found myself aging them up right away. I like improving the skills of my sims and achieving goals. My favourite pack was
    World Adventures! I would love another one like it for The Sims 4! Also, University would be absolutely amazing! Not to mention Apartments in a Sims 2 style! I agree though. No more party stuff PLEASE!
  • Options
    Yup No More Party Stuff!!!!! , I have had My fill of it, need other stuff , Gothic, I am wondering if it will be this week that the pack is announced, who knows.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Might this backyard stuff include things like basketball/tennis courts? because I've built a gym/pool, but the pool area would be better as courts, thus allowing the community pool to be on a different lot.

Basketball hoop would be awesome and something I've been wanting since the game first released -- in the promos we saw a Sim with a basketball, but where's the basketball now?

https://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI

Got cut, together with all the other stuff that got cut.

Basketball was a base game thing. I remember a dev (can't 100% say who, but I think it was Grant) saying that sims could go ''shoot hoops together''.

I think the reason for them to be so slow with EP's now is because they are out of recycle materials. GT had stuff in it they had still laying around on a shelf, now they are done and need to develop new stuff..
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

Including even just the four EPs listed in your post in the base game would push the price to close to three hundred dollars. Let's assume EA found Jesus and decided to be generous and only charge two hundred dollars for that incredibly fleshed out base game

Most AAA games come with a fleshed out base game for $60. Sims 4 was so bare bones at release we didn't (and still don't) even have all the life stages. That's pretty ridiculous.

A life simulator should have basic things in it. Pets, weather/seasons, and family interactions are pretty basic things. There's no real reason they couldn't include those things. Maybe if they were an indie dev team or this was their first time making a simulator game one might cut them some slack. That is hardly the case here.

Of course as I said though, if the players aren't demanding better they have no real reason to try.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    GARRICK20 wrote: »
    I really hope it's a University EP, i think it would work so well with Get Together.

Yess I really hope so. I have been wanting them to make this since the base released. University and Generations need to hurry!

Especially if they make the classes active, like GtW, hell, I'd love a pack along the lines of GtW, only with schools, both at the level of kids, teens and college, so we can follow our younger sims to class and actually play what happens at school.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    If they go the predictable route, next EP will be the Nightlife/Late Night one.

God I hope not, we have enough party stuff as it is.

I don't know, I see Get Together as a replacement for Nightlife, since it gave our sims lots of ways to enjoy their night time.
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I'd like to see pets, weather/seasons, supernatural, or addition of toddlers. Please EA come on. Give us some info on the Expansion Pack it's about time, I'm getting bored.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,529 Member
    I say vacations combined with seasons I'd really love that.
  • Options
    TigerLily_SSTigerLily_SS Posts: 45 Member
    Please give more world......or maps.......thats all I want
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »

I don't know, I see Get Together as a replacement for Nightlife, since it gave our sims lots of ways to enjoy their night time.

Get together Will Never be like Night life to me in a million years, cause they did not add My Vamps which came in Night life.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I am still holding out for Generations, but if it is Uni, I will reboot my game and give my large group of YAs some education.
    Hopefully EA will follow up with Generations. An EP with Apartments, I might go for that, otherwise I will wait for toddlers and pre-teens.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    For Everyone who is hoping for Toddler's, I say this to you all, I hope that your wish for them is not in vain , I say that because it is possible that they will never be added, and I come to that conclusion by how EA & Maxis has taken so long to even add them in, and how vague they are bout them, To Me if they were going to add Toddler's in , I think they would of done it way before now , Don't get Me wrong, I want the lil cuties back as well, But all this time wasted of not having them, only makes me think, they won't be added, But I hope that I am wrong for all your sake's , :( .
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

Well yeah, I feel Get Together is pretty much Nightlife, so I don't see why we'd need another similarly themed EP.
  • Options
    SGDrake just put up her excited gif

SP7 must be getting announced tomorrow. :)

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

*Spongebob victory screech*
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2016

It kind of seemed inevitable but I'm glad to see a conformation. I would like to see the toy battle station in action too.

But more excited to see what new furniture our children will get because they desperately needed them.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    chireidenchireiden Posts: 18 Member
    I really hope we get an Supernatural-esque EP and Showtime-esque one. I would like my (alien) sims to learn magic, and my Girls' Generation sims to be real popstars in my game :/
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Don't care about the Kids SP but I do want to see what the gameplay object will be.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

Gah! Things happen as soon as I'm travelling again...

*runs off to check cellphone roaming rates*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Gah! Things happen as soon as I'm travelling again...

*runs off to check cellphone roaming rates*

I hope the trailer tomorrow is a good one with Rachel Franklin narrating.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I hope the teaser gives a look of the next EP..and more than 15 seconds.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am wondering what is Next after Dine Out & The Kid's Pack comes out, I am hoping is Has to do with the Supernatural, and or Pet's, I guess only time will tell, :)

what kids pack ????????
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I am wondering what is Next after Dine Out & The Kid's Pack comes out, I am hoping is Has to do with the Supernatural, and or Pet's, I guess only time will tell, :)

what kids pack ????????

Stuffpack 7 coming out Tuesday next week. It s a kids bedroom pack.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

what kids pack ????????

Stuffpack 7 coming out Tuesday next week. It s a kids bedroom pack.

Where is this info posted, would like to read about it.