Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wondering what is Next After Dine Out , Kids Pack, & Back Yard Stuff ?

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Scobre wrote: »

I was really excited when Emily told me she wanted to be called "SimGuruPizza" --I actually squealed.
    Her self pizza pictures are so adorable. Yeah I remember you saying you like pizza. Pretty cool that the Loch Ness is named after her too. Probably fitting after SimGuruMeatball left to have another awesome food related name. Isn't one of the Gurus pregnant now?

Yep! @SimGuruLakshmi is expecting :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Yep! @SimGuruLakshmi is expecting :)
    Congrats to her. Good luck to the Gurus on the kids pack coming out this month. Backyard Stuff that was "leaked" sounds interesting too. Sims need more outdoor activities to do together after eating all that food from Dine Out. XD But pretty exciting the first family focused pack will be released this month. Kids are my favorite life stage in the Sims 4. Anyway bye for now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited June 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    The precipitation in Seasons used to get in my way, couldn't see my home or sims so always turned it off.

Random raccoons and deer running around my house from Pets was annoying.

I always disabled Supernaturals.

Idk what I'm looking forward to but not those. Plus it seems like they're trying something new with expansions now so we might not get these repeats.

They do not have to be exact repeats, BUT they better add My Vamps and Werewolves and pets back, Or they can kiss My money goodbye, Cause I want to do MY stories again in My game, just like everyone else is.

Exactly. A supernatural could also expand Get Together as far as club/occult rivals and allies. Even a club for just humans. They can definitely take it to another level with more dramatic special effects, special territories, and traits such as Intimidating, Fearful, stoic, peaceful, and destructive. I also feel people who aren't occult fans should have filters for their appearance or to be able to disable their powers.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    The precipitation in Seasons used to get in my way, couldn't see my home or sims so always turned it off.

Random raccoons and deer running around my house from Pets was annoying.

I always disabled Supernaturals.

Idk what I'm looking forward to but not those. Plus it seems like they're trying something new with expansions now so we might not get these repeats.

They do not have to be exact repeats, BUT they better add My Vamps and Werewolves and pets back, Or they can kiss My money goodbye, Cause I want to do MY stories again in My game, just like everyone else is.

Exactly. A supernatural could also expand Get Together as far as club/occult rivals and allies. Even a club for just humans. They can definitely take it to another level with more dramatic special effects, special territories, and traits such as Intimidating, Fearful, stoic, peaceful, and destructive. I also feel people who aren't occult fans should have filters for their appearance or to be able to disable their powers.

Yup I agree, but at the same time, I do not think that would be a problem, if the ones who do not want supernaturals do not buy the pack, then that should not happen, they should just be the same as they were, I would think.
    I am wondering also if Plant Sim's will ever be added back, I Luved those a ton, they were so kool, the Babies were so adorable, :)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've got a feeling the next seasonal announcement will feature backyard stuff and an EP. Maybe one other thing too.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Anyone knows when the text teaser premiers?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Presumably in Early July.

I was hoping for yesterday or today, but no such luck aye, :)
  • Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
    I think we can all agree, university, generations and pets are the most amazing kind of EP they could give us. I just wished that along with a kids stuff pack we could get toddlers, ah one can dream!
    I think we can all agree, university, generations and pets are the most amazing kind of EP they could give us. I just wished that along with a kids stuff pack we could get toddlers, ah one can dream!

It seems to Me that s all I have been doing since Day 1 is Dream of getting stuff I use for My Gothic type play, I just hope something shows up soon, I am getting so tired of waiting , its gonna be going on 3 dang yrs, that is a very long time for Me, I am surprised I do not just give up waiting.
  • iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2016
    As long as they stick to realistic packs (like Generations, Seasons, Night Life, University, etc...) I really don't care what's to come; I like to be surprised :smile: When I read superheroes & apocalypse themes in the survey they released a long while back, I was really hoping those packs would never make it in The Sims 4, fantasy just isn't my favorite aspect to play with. I'm fine with un-realistic things as long as they don't disrupt the realism too much ;)
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Please give us toddlers with generations ! I'm a family player with nothing to do in the sims! Please add more depth to teens too! Like zits and mood swings ! I hate how teen young adult and adult are all the same life stage for the most part. Even elders seem young to me! Bring back a cane and a funny old hobble walk please!
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I read somewhere (don't remember but I'll try to track it down) that Pets was the next EP. My hope-against-all-hopes is that we'll get some more genuinely fresh/new ideas for content and that it won't all boil down to rehashed TS2/TS3 releases. If they are ever going to add toddlers to the game, that needs to happen fairly early in the life cycle of the game, so I hope it will be an early pack. If they don't add toddlers, I see no point in generations and probably won't buy it even if it comes out. It would be a glorified stuff pack in that case IMHO.

To their credit, the devs. have done a much better job of integrating new content with TS4 than they did in the past. One of my biggest issues with TS3 was that expansion packs often didn't work well together. The only "bad" integration in TS4 so far is the redundant and nonsensically inconsistent baking skill from GTW. It makes no sense that baking skill cakes can't be used for birthdays or that cooking/gourmet cakes can't be decorated. I would have rather seen the existing skills enhanced than to have a new and redundant skill to grind up again.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    As long as they stick to realistic packs (like Generations, Seasons, Night Life, University, etc...) I really don't care what's to come; I like to be surprised :smile: When I read superheroes & apocalypse themes in the survey they released a long while back, I was really hoping those packs would never make it in The Sims 4, fantasy just isn't my favorite aspect to play with. I'm fine with un-realistic things as long as they don't disrupt the realism too much ;)

Same here. The surveys had some ridiculous ideas in them for sure.

At least, that's what I thought. Come on, Superheroes? Real Life soap drama stuff EPs? no thanks.
  • Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member

It seems to Me that s all I have been doing since Day 1 is Dream of getting stuff I use for My Gothic type play, I just hope something shows up soon, I am getting so tired of waiting , its gonna be going on 3 dang yrs, that is a very long time for Me, I am surprised I do not just give up waiting.

Don't worry @BlueBlack007 , our lord and savior simsplubius will grant our wish and save us all...someday.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

For me Seasons is amazing. I can't wait to see the first snowfall in TS4.
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    If they go the predictable route, next EP will be the Nightlife/Late Night one. Now, if they want to surprise us with something different, new, and never seen before, we could get something that we didn't really ask for.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

For me Seasons is amazing. I can't wait to see the first snowfall in TS4.

I can't wait for the first thunderstorm! and snow too, as well as buds appearing on the trees in spring.

Oh and I nearly forgot; fog!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Gothic stuff yes!! My main sims mother is supposed to be a Vampire, ans the Queen at that. While she isn't full Goth she loves reds and Blacks. My main sims Cousin is also a full on Goth Teen who's also a witch too.

I really need a supernatural pack :( luckily there's a fair amount of goth stuff so far but nothing too gothy.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    If they go the predictable route, next EP will be the Nightlife/Late Night one. Now, if they want to surprise us with something different, new, and never seen before, we could get something that we didn't really ask for.
    Please no.
    We need family play!
  • MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    I wonder where those Vampire Gameplay Pack Threads went :D Every of them were deleted very silent!
    You can't find a hint anywhere ;)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Please no.
    We need family play!

Please remember that everyone wants something different. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Seasons... Pets... Generations... Supernatural...

I can't be the only one sick of having to rebuy the same old EP's every game. I really want to see them try something new, but they leave so much out from the beginning that they don't leave themselves any choice but to repeat all the same old stuff all over again. I would love to see them include all the old stuff in a base game at some point and give themselves the opportunity to do something new, but I guess as long as folks will keep buying these same EP's over and over Maxis doesn't really have much incentive to try and be creative for once. /shrug
    edited June 2016
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Please no.
    We need family play!

Please remember that everyone wants something different. :)

I read this post as sarcastic- so no need to to say that. I read the post as if the poster was over the same old things like me lol!