Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Honesty time: I kind of wish the sims 4 to come to an end...

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @QueenWeird58 What is so weird about a bed woohoo though? Isn't that considered 'normal'

when I see my sims woohoo in bed I just think of weird things...like the positions they are woohooing in lol
    cWACHHH.gif

o:)

well...thats kinnnky lol

Lmbo! XD

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    well they did a couple things that should make some happy yesterday with the new update! So they are listening and trying.

Yay!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    To be honest you didn't really specify what you dislike about the game although you did mention that the devs don't listen to the community and that's true. In my opinion, I find the sims 4 pretty good and it entertains me. A lot of people are upset because they aren't releasing the usual expansions but I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm satisfied with the game. I like the stuff packs and the game packs bring quite a bit to the game, surprisingly. The expansions are nice too (we do need some more soon, though). I don't see why you would want the game to end, all you should be doing is wanting another game or wishing for more things. TS4 doesn't necessarily need to END. I understand why people don't like it but I think they are trying not to be too repetitive with EPs and that's fine.

Perhaps they will release seasons and stuff like that in the future but remember, we're only 2 years in. TS3 was out for 5 years when we got TS4. Let's wait until TS4 has 5 years and THEN we can compare it with the older games. In my opinion, they've done a good job so far and they've gotten me and several others hooked. I remember the day I got TS4, last year, I played for 5 hours straight. Heh, spent my afternoon on it.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. Not everyone likes the same games. I, personally, have loved every sims game so far. If I had a least favorite it would probably be TS3 (even though I had lots of fun on it too).
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @Marycool33 I agree 100% with you! Shoot everything wasn't put into the other versions right a way, it took time before everything was added. I love the game myself and just because we don't have everything right away doesn't mean we may not get them. I love the whole series although Sims 3 went too fast and there wasn't enough time to to play every thing, they went from the roller coaster right to Sims 4. So there is alot still on it that I haven't played, but so into Sims 4 now that I haven't went back into it. All that can be said is Give it a chance before condemning it.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I feel like this..The Sims 4 is slowly coming around. It could have been so much better, and it still could make a complete 180 if EA would just listen to their fanbase. Little by little their adding some neat content, which I appreciate, however it's a temporary solution to a permanent problem. They need to tackle the core of the game..interactions and family play.
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    I agree, I am not buying for anymore content from the Sims 4 until I see a vast improvement. There are so many great things missing and I feel as though the creators are just waiting to drop the missing content into a pointless expansion so we'll be paying money for things like toddlers that we had for free in the original games. I believe that this game could be turned around if the creators would actually read what their players are saying. Many people have put out wonderful ideas that many people are willing to pay for happily, but instead the game creators are just making random expansions that weren't really necessary.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Tay-way654 Well said :smile:

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I agree with that to a point. I think there are some things that are pointless. Just like in Sims 3 Nightlife, Fast Lane and a few others were worthless (or they were to me. In Sims 2 there was the whole College thing and the Restaurants that I didn't care about, but look if things don't interest a person they can just not buy them, it doesn't mess up the game if they aren't in it, but in every version there were things made that everyone didn't like but there were thing later in those that more people did and it took longer than a year to get them to where they were really fun. When I said to give it a chance there are some of these people who have admitted to never buying or playing the Sims 4 because they didn't like the change, how can you say you hate something when never giving it a chance to begin with.

Maybe they will surprise everyone as time goes on, who knows. I buy what interests me and ignore what doesn't and to be truthful restaurants isn't something that interests me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I won't cry if TS4 ended this afternoon. I would have cried if that had happened to TS1 or TS2 with such short notice and no new game insight. TS3 we had two years to get used to it was ending. And we got to know what would be released all at once for the entire last year...so, I think I would have been more upset if TS2 ended like this evening and wouldn't blink if TS4 did end in one afternoon. I would only be aggravated my bugs hadn't been addressed enough to actually fix them. But no sense in throwing good money after bad as they say. Only if I would learn that...
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Cinebar I noticed that you have been missing from the forum and want to say that it's nice to see you back, even if the reasons - reporting more bugs - is not so nice. I was afraid someone had run you off.

I do know how you feel - I sure wouldn't cry either if it ended today, and if the next version is as lame and dysfunctional as this one is then my simming days will be over anyway. But I can relate to the regret over buying content for this game; it's just that the idea of it sounds like it should be fun, right? Sims games have always been fun!

Until this one, anyway.

Even now I honestly try not to read any threads about the game or look at pictures because in my imagination I think, 'oh maybe this will be fun to try this...'. Only each time, it ends up not being fun for whatever reason, or is only fun for a short while and then it's boring again.

Is that the MO of a Sims addict? That the idea of playing and having fun is so strong that we keep buying content that really isn't all that fun? I don't know. I know I have tried to like the game, I have played it many different ways since family play (which is how I've always played The sims previously) is pretty much out the window, I have tried adding "stuff" to fill a vacant hole but that hasn't worked either. I think that hole just not capable of being filled; the hole is a gash that is so wide and so deep that no amount of "stuff" can fill it up and make it whole again.

Anyway, I know I have reasons beyond yours as to why I dislike the game but I completely agree that all the bugs that just keep adding up and up and up are totally unacceptable. And I refuse to play this game with the culling which means I have to use a mod, and mods are such a pain to keep updated with all the patching that I can rarely be bothered to do it. I did it recently because I thought the new lighting made the interiors look less like a plastic Barbie doll playhouse only to discover that the video card on my four year old gaming laptop can't handle the lighting. So much for that idea. :/
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @HappySimmer3 Interesting point.

The thing is in the past, I always had the idea that things looked fun and turned out to be fun when I played them or even better than I thought. With TS4 I didn't get that fun feeling while looking at it and when I played the free trial, I didn't actually get much enjoyment outside of CAS and the game play felt somewhat watered down. Some cool ideas in there but nothing to make me rush out and buy it. Even some of the EPs look cool and some players say the game is better with their addition but really, you shouldn't have to rely on an EP to make the game 'better'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    The one thing that made me so unhappy with the game was not enough lots to build on, then they came out with New Crest, but wish they would make more of them. Also there are so many skills for them to learn and going to work so often you can't really play alot of the other things in it. but as a whole I do like the game and hope that it goes on for a while and that they add more to it soon.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think this game is getting better, slowly but surely but what really, really bothers me is the lack of customisation options such as colour, editing the neighbourhood, creating a neighbourhood, etc. If they added these in then Sims 4 would be so much better. Without them, they've taken away pretty much all the gameplay that has drawn me into playing the Sims in the first place. The game will never be good enough for me without the ability to customise rooms, furniture, clothes, neighbourhoods, fabrics, walls, etc......... Or at the very least add more furniture and colour availability!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    to me i find the sims4 as improuve alot and keeps getting better
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Cinebar I noticed that you have been missing from the forum and want to say that it's nice to see you back, even if the reasons - reporting more bugs - is not so nice. I was afraid someone had run you off.

I do know how you feel - I sure wouldn't cry either if it ended today, and if the next version is as lame and dysfunctional as this one is then my simming days will be over anyway. But I can relate to the regret over buying content for this game; it's just that the idea of it sounds like it should be fun, right? Sims games have always been fun!

Until this one, anyway.

Even now I honestly try not to read any threads about the game or look at pictures because in my imagination I think, 'oh maybe this will be fun to try this...'. Only each time, it ends up not being fun for whatever reason, or is only fun for a short while and then it's boring again.

Is that the MO of a Sims addict? That the idea of playing and having fun is so strong that we keep buying content that really isn't all that fun? I don't know. I know I have tried to like the game, I have played it many different ways since family play (which is how I've always played The sims previously) is pretty much out the window, I have tried adding "stuff" to fill a vacant hole but that hasn't worked either. I think that hole just not capable of being filled; the hole is a gash that is so wide and so deep that no amount of "stuff" can fill it up and make it whole again.

Anyway, I know I have reasons beyond yours as to why I dislike the game but I completely agree that all the bugs that just keep adding up and up and up are totally unacceptable. And I refuse to play this game with the culling which means I have to use a mod, and mods are such a pain to keep updated with all the patching that I can rarely be bothered to do it. I did it recently because I thought the new lighting made the interiors look less like a plastic Barbie doll playhouse only to discover that the video card on my four year old gaming laptop can't handle the lighting. So much for that idea. :/

I have to admit I am a Sim addict and I have made many friends over the years but some never moved over to TS4. I think I'm more lost than ever, because I like some of TS4 and want to see it improved in many areas and it could be....

But then I miss the community we used to have where we were not arguing (so much) over real life and it's problems and or which game is better or not, but just excited to see what was next and what new content would be fun for whatever reason. I'm starting to think those days are gone. Long gone. I remember on TS2's old forum we didn't argue about the game or at each other, we talked about how to improve or what we wanted next. And if Pescado or anyone had made a mod fix temporarily until Maxis actually fixed the problem which they did. And or how to help someone who didn't really have a good enough pc run their game and what they could do. TS2 wasn't perfect but the community was a lot nicer to visit for some reason. I did leave for awhile I needed a break from all the in fighting about real life issues that don't actually belong here at all and should remain about the game always and forget anything else that isn't strictly game subjects.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Well will tell the one big thing I hate about the game. It has to do with the Doctor occupation. The nurses and the orderlies are of no use at all! They attach to one patient and stay there all the while my Doctor is trying to work. He has to get nasty mean and tell them to go away before he can get to the patient to treat them. Also they don't place the patients in the beds for treatment. They go out and stand in the waiting room, but that is all! It is very annoying and I wish they would do something about both in an up coming patch! THEY Do not Do their jobs!
  • Options
    TwiprinTwiprin Posts: 144 Member
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, and being consistently bored and frustrated at TS3 I totally get the OP. Personally I felt that way about TS3. I prefer the game systems in 3 but it just never hooked me quite right. But let's get one thing straight:

Wishing for something for yourself at the expense of taking something away from someone else is the epitome of being selfish.

You have the right to want TS4 to end and to voice it. But let's not pretend it's not a selfish wish, because it is. If I made a thread saying I wished TS4 will never put in toddlers because I don't personally find them fun (before anyone says anything, that's NOT what I want, it's an example), you bet your behind there would be a floodgate of people coming into that thread calling me a selfish person because it would deprive fellow simmers of something they deemed important that I could easily ignore or skip over through game means. And I doubt anyone would be lecturing those people because...they would be right! And I admit they would be right.

This is no different. Just because you say you don't mean to be selfish or because it's the forum's popular opinion doesn't magically make it not selfish. There are people who enjoy TS4 so yeah, wishing that those people got deprived of development for the game is selfish. It doesn't mean you're a bad person for wishing it. None of the people who are hoping for TS5 to be better than TS4 in their eyes are bad people. That's just natural. But wanting TS4 to "end already" is indeed a selfish want.
  • Options
    Twiprin wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, and being consistently bored and frustrated at TS3 I totally get the OP. Personally I felt that way about TS3. I prefer the game systems in 3 but it just never hooked me quite right. But let's get one thing straight:

Wishing for something for yourself at the expense of taking something away from someone else is the epitome of being selfish.

You have the right to want TS4 to end and to voice it. But let's not pretend it's not a selfish wish, because it is. If I made a thread saying I wished TS4 will never put in toddlers because I don't personally find them fun (before anyone says anything, that's NOT what I want, it's an example), you bet your behind there would be a floodgate of people coming into that thread calling me a selfish person because it would deprive fellow simmers of something they deemed important that I could easily ignore or skip over through game means. And I doubt anyone would be lecturing those people because...they would be right! And I admit they would be right.

This is no different. Just because you say you don't mean to be selfish or because it's the forum's popular opinion doesn't magically make it not selfish. There are people who enjoy TS4 so yeah, wishing that those people got deprived of development for the game is selfish. It doesn't mean you're a bad person for wishing it. None of the people who are hoping for TS5 to be better than TS4 in their eyes are bad people. That's just natural. But wanting TS4 to "end already" is indeed a selfish want.

I have tobagree wholeheartedly with this. Although i do find TS4 lacking in certain areas its still in its early stages. It just came out 2 years ago. Even TS3 took time to develope. I've recently decided to just sit back and see what EA/Maxis has in store for us this time around. I mean yes i do want to see toddlers make a come back and a bunch of other things, but i believe it will be a different twist and sometimes those things take time. I still have fun with the game and with this new stuff pack coming as well as this new patch im excited to try out the whole monsters under the bed for kids.
  • Options
    Well will tell the one big thing I hate about the game. It has to do with the Doctor occupation. The nurses and the orderlies are of no use at all! They attach to one patient and stay there all the while my Doctor is trying to work. He has to get nasty mean and tell them to go away before he can get to the patient to treat them. Also they don't place the patients in the beds for treatment. They go out and stand in the waiting room, but that is all! It is very annoying and I wish they would do something about both in an up coming patch! THEY Do not Do their jobs!

I would like to see more from them. When your active sim is an orderly they are to fill the beds woth patients. Whats the difference between an active sim and a npc doing the same thing. They will sit and talk to the same patient or the other doctor will be in the machine all shift. It would be nice if they actually did something similar to what the active sim does. I will however say the one time. I presented the doctor with a patients file they did go and diagnose the patient, althought my sim did all the work to find the problem as well as giving the medication to cure the sim... :( Ugh... Nvm... Im giving it too much credit... Either way i do agree there should be more to co workers. The same can also go for the detective career all they do is hog up the computers all shift... I mean atleast when youre on the crime scene they question the witness and collect evidence...
  • Options
    TwiprinTwiprin Posts: 144 Member
    I have tobagree wholeheartedly with this. Although i do find TS4 lacking in certain areas its still in its early stages. It just came out 2 years ago. Even TS3 took time to develope. I've recently decided to just sit back and see what EA/Maxis has in store for us this time around. I mean yes i do want to see toddlers make a come back and a bunch of other things, but i believe it will be a different twist and sometimes those things take time. I still have fun with the game and with this new stuff pack coming as well as this new patch im excited to try out the whole monsters under the bed for kids.
    I feel the same :) (though wow it has been a LONG time since I've posted on the forums, I'm not used to how quoting works yet). Though I do agree with the majority a lot of TS4's problems should have been addressed by now.

I also hope I didn't come off too strongly or rude in my post as that wasn't the intent. I just find it odd that people immediately take selfish as an insult. We're all a little bit selfish considering we're all trying to get EA's attention to implement features we individually want, and they don't always align with other player's wants.

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Until this one, anyway.

I have to admit I am a Sim addict and I have made many friends over the years but some never moved over to TS4. I think I'm more lost than ever, because I like some of TS4 and want to see it improved in many areas and it could be....

But then I miss the community we used to have where we were not arguing (so much) over real life and it's problems and or which game is better or not, but just excited to see what was next and what new content would be fun for whatever reason. I'm starting to think those days are gone. Long gone. I remember on TS2's old forum we didn't argue about the game or at each other, we talked about how to improve or what we wanted next. And if Pescado or anyone had made a mod fix temporarily until Maxis actually fixed the problem which they did. And or how to help someone who didn't really have a good enough pc run their game and what they could do. TS2 wasn't perfect but the community was a lot nicer to visit for some reason. I did leave for awhile I needed a break from all the in fighting about real life issues that don't actually belong here at all and should remain about the game always and forget anything else that isn't strictly game subjects.

This right here... I am with you. It qould be nice to go back to a safe haven. Qhere everyone is able to agree to disagree and move on. Where we can stay on topic with the game. Where the gurus would actually want to comment. With some,of,the things ive lurked on in here i dont blame them for not wanting to chat or comment.
  • Options
    I feel the same :) (though wow it has been a LONG time since I've posted on the forums, I'm not used to how quoting works yet). Though I do agree with the majority a lot of TS4's problems should have been addressed by now.

I also hope I didn't come off too strongly or rude in my post as that wasn't the intent. I just find it odd that people immediately take selfish as an insult. We're all a little bit selfish considering we're all trying to get EA's attention to implement features we individually want, and they don't always align with other player's wants.

I dont think you did. It was the truth. Heck me saying I want this or that for the game is pretty selfish because its not always taken into consideration of what everyone wants. Sometimes we see how what we want fits into our game play alone. And dont always consider that the next person might not want the same thing, grom wgat ive seem a lot of people are good at consideration here. I can adnit however I can be a tad selfish when it comes to my game play
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Which means wishing for Sims 4 to last for several years to come is selfish too isn't it? Because it's at the expense of taking a new and hopefully better game away (in their opinion obviously) from someone else. So everyone in this discussion has a selfish perception, which means there's no need to mention it. It doesn't contribute anything to the discussion, telling others they are selfish when you're being selfish yourself too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @MzPigglyPooh yes that is what I'm talking about, it is annoying at times, but that doesn't mean I want them to get rid of the Careers either, I enjoy them. But the NPCs could do their jobs lol.