Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Honesty time: I kind of wish the sims 4 to come to an end...

Comments

• Options
    SfarinaPSfarinaP Posts: 87 Member
    furSims, thanks for the great opening post and starting the dialogue. I really do like the characters in S4 just wish they had more personality like sims 2 and more opportunities to interact with each other. For example, the latest kids pack still didn't give a lot of new interactions between sims. A generations EP and addition of toddlers would save the S4 in my opinion. Naturally open worlds would be a huge addition and I still miss create a style from sims 3. The professions I miss the most from sims 3 is stylist and architect which allowed for changes to townies and their houses. I would just still play s3 but my game load time is horrendous. Improvements in load time is a huge plus of s4 I have a lot of cc and it still loads right up
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SfarinaP wrote: »
    furSims, thanks for the great opening post and starting the dialogue. I really do like the characters in S4 just wish they had more personality like sims 2 and more opportunities to interact with each other. For example, the latest kids pack still didn't give a lot of new interactions between sims. A generations EP and addition of toddlers would save the S4 in my opinion. Naturally open worlds would be a huge addition and I still miss create a style from sims 3. The professions I miss the most from sims 3 is stylist and architect which allowed for changes to townies and their houses. I would just still play s3 but my game load time is horrendous. Improvements in load time is a huge plus of s4 I have a lot of cc and it still loads right up

It might load right up for many reasons. Like no textures on objects, hair, clothes, wall paper and carpet etc. Or in grass terrain. Or on trees etc.
    It might load right up because it doesn't have to load where every Sim was the last time you loaded your game. Because outside an active lot they are frozen in time and don't exist until they are called for like when you load your Sim's house then the game calls for walk bys who aren't really going anywhere but to an invisible portal. It doesn't have to keep up with what they really should be doing or where they are going. The lack of simulation in no memories is another thing, since they don't remember they even had parents if you delete anyone in the household that is not a problem and therefore a lot less code to recall. It loads right up because when you move your camera around you aren't looking at something that has to be rendered in 3D but fake backdrops that seem 3D for a moment but a closer look you see they are actually just drawn.
    Across the street are houses that are drawn in 2D I presume and then not even in 2D but a facsimile. They can't be entered so it's not even real enough for a 2D game like The Sims was. It loads right up because there aren't any particular animations that are strictly generational and all animations have been applied to practically everyone and nothing it has to call up to make one Sim different when bending than another etc.

It loads right up because there isn't much there that isn't applied across the board and or seen by the player, or remembered by the game. Yes, it may ask you which Sim you want to play if you left one at the pool, but they aren't really there, so it's not much a problem.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I just want to throw in my two cents into the conversation. TS4 has its pros and cons but I feel that it's a balance of pros and cons at the moment. On the forum I see a lot of "game is broken/unfinished because we don't have seasons/pets/supernaturals/...." And at times it comes across as though some of these simmers who are complaining about an incomplete game are people who started playing the franchise during the middle or end of TS3. Open world doesn't bother me. I need toddlers in my game and it's a let down, but gurus neither denied or confirmed there would be toddlers in the future of TS4, and I get why they took away CASt.

I have a high end PC and Sims 3 still doesn't run on my gaming pc, even though it runs games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, Halo... the Sims 3 was just really buggy and even though TS3 was more of a creative outlet the game play was boring and I lost interest in the game. But good for those who enjoy it. I have not once had an issue with TS4 as with crashing or freezing... and I do get bored from time to time playing TS4 but I also get bored playing Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, Fallout 4... every game you can't just play 24/7 and it continue to keep your attention. Same with TS1 and TS2... I could play the game for 2 or 3 days straight and then not play it for 2 to 3 months. But I guess I'm just a casual gamer and not glued to my screen from sunrise to sunset.

I do have faith that TS4 will improve more. Seasons, Pets, University, Supernatural and Vacations... those are not features that complete the base game... those features completed the series during the its duration. We're only 1 1/2 years in and already we have 7 stuff packs, 3 game packs and 2 expansion packs, along with tons of free content in updates. By the end of the series we could see 10 expansion packs, 25 to 30 stuff packs and 8 to 10 game packs, with tons more free content in updates in the future.

I know seasons will come, vacations, pets, family play, new worlds, new features never seen before, etc.. And if TS4 isn't your thing at the moment, play TS3 or other games until TS4 does improve more and more. I, personally, didn't buy half of the expansions nor all the stuff packs until TS3 was over... but then again, I hate TS3 since I feel it catered more to the creative outlet and not the quirky game play TS2 and TS1 offered. But I do feel that the graphics in TS4 is 100x better than the graphics of TS3... everything had a plastic Barbie feel about it. And although TS2 is by far my favorite series in the franchise... TS4 still has so much more time to better improve itself. But again, you can't make everyone happy. After all is said and done people will either love or hate TS4, just like people still either love TS3 or hates TS3.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just want to throw in my two cents into the conversation. TS4 has its pros and cons but I feel that it's a balance of pros and cons at the moment. On the forum I see a lot of "game is broken/unfinished because we don't have seasons/pets/supernaturals/...." And at times it comes across as though some of these simmers who are complaining about an incomplete game are people who started playing the franchise during the middle or end of TS3. Open world doesn't bother me. I need toddlers in my game and it's a let down, but gurus neither denied or confirmed there would be toddlers in the future of TS4, and I get why they took away CASt.

I have a high end PC and Sims 3 still doesn't run on my gaming pc, even though it runs games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, Halo... the Sims 3 was just really buggy and even though TS3 was more of a creative outlet the game play was boring and I lost interest in the game. But good for those who enjoy it. I have not once had an issue with TS4 as with crashing or freezing... and I do get bored from time to time playing TS4 but I also get bored playing Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, Fallout 4... every game you can't just play 24/7 and it continue to keep your attention. Same with TS1 and TS2... I could play the game for 2 or 3 days straight and then not play it for 2 to 3 months. But I guess I'm just a casual gamer and not glued to my screen from sunrise to sunset.

I do have faith that TS4 will improve more. Seasons, Pets, University, Supernatural and Vacations... those are not features that complete the base game... those features completed the series during the its duration. We're only 1 1/2 years in and already we have 7 stuff packs, 3 game packs and 2 expansion packs, along with tons of free content in updates. By the end of the series we could see 10 expansion packs, 25 to 30 stuff packs and 8 to 10 game packs, with tons more free content in updates in the future.

I know seasons will come, vacations, pets, family play, new worlds, new features never seen before, etc.. And if TS4 isn't your thing at the moment, play TS3 or other games until TS4 does improve more and more. I, personally, didn't buy half of the expansions nor all the stuff packs until TS3 was over... but then again, I hate TS3 since I feel it catered more to the creative outlet and not the quirky game play TS2 and TS1 offered. But I do feel that the graphics in TS4 is 100x better than the graphics of TS3... everything had a plastic Barbie feel about it. And although TS2 is by far my favorite series in the franchise... TS4 still has so much more time to better improve itself. But again, you can't make everyone happy. After all is said and done people will either love or hate TS4, just like people still either love TS3 or hates TS3.
    I'm not under the impression there's a connection between players that entered the franchise halfway 2011 and not being over the moon about Sims 4. In fact I see a lot of players here who have been simmers from the very start. You accidently forgot a sentence I think by the way: you get why they took away CASt because? And as for your computer, that's really bad luck then. Sims 3 does need a good computer. But so does 4, I had to buy a new one to be able to play it (and my previous computer was fine with Sims 3). Sorry you hated Sims 3, but the statement you either love or hate the games isn't true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I hope that when they do Sims 5, they have sense enough to listen to the players this time. But I doubt it.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Let's hope there is someone out there listening and realising that a huge proportion of previous Sims players prefer the Sims as it was and not the tablet app game it has become. Previous Sims games have been unique and interesting, catering to the diverse tastes of its multitude of players. Let's hope Sims 5 caters for 'all' players tastes at some future point because if another game comes out like Sims 4 I really do believe most players will disappear for good. It's already started; the question is, can they bring those players back? Do they want to?
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I know seasons will come, vacations, pets, family play, new worlds, new features never seen before, etc..

Don't count on it. See the thread about Graham's Tweets. Sounds like TS4 players will continue to get mere dribs and drabs of content.

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I hope that when they do Sims 5, they have sense enough to listen to the players this time. But I doubt it.

nah. that ship has sailed. we don't know what we want and aren't open minded enough to appreciate their genius.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

nah. that ship has sailed. we don't know what we want and aren't open minded enough to appreciate their genius.

Sarcasm? I Hope so..lol
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I like Sims 4, but one thing I really miss and hope that they bring back are the physical disc. I liked having the disc in my Sims library so that I would have something to show for when buying.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @catitude5 I hope your right as well :smile:

I somehow don't think they want a repeat of the TS4 launch again
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BigToddHeadBigToddHead Posts: 8 New Member
    In some perspective i have to agree with the OP. Before the Sims 4 was released, all the info was about the sims "physical" creation (i.e body shape, facial features, etc.) as well as the new build platform. I personally think this is a fantastic leap from Sims 2 and 3. Gameplay and create a world are a disappointment from predecessors. It occurs to me that Maxis just created a quickly came up with a game in which to place the new sims. I personally would not mind if CAW were improved to the standards of Sims 3, allowing placement of lots wherever there is room, and actually interact off lot. Would be an improvement to see npc sims actually interact with other npc's, rather than just walk around like a bunch of zombies. There should be more interactions cues to choose from as well. Again as I see it, players are given less options to choose from than in predecessors. While Maxis has included background decorations like the trolley, why not make them usable? If Sims 5 were to come into being, I would hope that at least these could happen, and keep the current sims, CAS, and make it compatable with Sims 4 (like an upgrade...)?
  • Options
    @BigToddHead Excellent points! :smiley:

I agree, they could have worked on a CAW tool but I doubt we will ever see that for TS4.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BigToddHeadBigToddHead Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Thank you.
    Seconded.
  • Options
    They were pretty clever to put out the CAS demo and not let anybody review the game before release. The CAS and building improvements and the recent inclusivity patch are easily the only positives for this iteration in my honest opinion. Everything else has been mind numbing, diluted, and bubble gum-popping annoying. It's Simcity 2013 level failure... and it should've been totally avoidable.
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I don't want the sims to end. I've been with the game since the begining but the game play does not compare to past sims games. Even the first sims game they had more character then 4 does... I hope 4 does do well so we might get a 5th one but until they improve game play for me I have no interest in buying any more stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs to try and help me have fun with the game. I made that mistake with 3..
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    lisamtown wrote: »
    I don't want the sims to end. I've been with the game since the begining but the game play does not compare to past sims games. Even the first sims game they had more character then 4 does... I hope 4 does do well so we might get a 5th one but until they improve game play for me I have no interest in buying any more stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs to try and help me have fun with the game. I made that mistake with 3..

i hope it does well enough that we do get ts5... eventually. but not well enough for the people currently involved with and responsible for ts4 has anything to do with the next iteration.

i think the franchise would be best served to let the field lie fallow for awhile.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I thank the OP for creating this thread... and I have to agree with Bagoas77. I too would like to see TS4 do just well enough that we get a TS5... and then just Hope the technology is so much better that we get something with fantastic graphics, but all the things we still wanted from TS3. I really miss the Open World, the Terrain Tool, color wheel, and the game play itself was so much better. Like Bagoas77 said... so many things in this version are "mind numbing". and maybe this hasn't been as big of a disaster as SimCity was... but it's pretty close in my opinion.

I don't know what makes me to hold out hope, that somehow the Devs will redeem themselves and start putting things in this version, so maybe it would be a more interesting game to play... but I think it's just that I've been playing this game since the very first incarnation of it, and they have in the past gave most of the fans what they wanted.

and I am very disappointed with the current Stuff packs and Game Packs that they are coming out with. I don't know if it's worth the money or anymore.

Yeah... I'm ready for the next one.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,865 Member
    I never thought I'd want a sims series to end without pets or seasons. to not have those essential elements (essential for me anyways) in the game. (yes, I know that Sims 1 did not have season but what we didn't know then we did not miss.) But I am ready for Sims 4 to end too. I feel like despite what the Gurus and the developers do and feel about it - and I do believe they work hard and want the game to succeed - that EA/Maxis, whoever is calling the big shots, has losts its vision and does not have a real plan for the game anymore, so they're not really behind it like they were for the first three series.

Maybe they should just go back, recalibrate Sims 3 for 64bit optimization (optional for players to install of course) and try to make it more stable.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd want a sims series to end without pets or seasons. to not have those essential elements (essential for me anyways) in the game. (yes, I know that Sims 1 did not have season but what we didn't know then we did not miss.) But I am ready for Sims 4 to end too. I feel like despite what the Gurus and the developers do and feel about it - and I do believe they work hard and want the game to succeed - that EA/Maxis, whoever is calling the big shots, has losts its vision and does not have a real plan for the game anymore, so they're not really behind it like they were for the first three series.

Maybe they should just go back, recalibrate Sims 3 for 64bit optimization (optional for players to install of course) and try to make it more stable.

I don't think they can do Pets or Seasons or toddlers so why not end it now?

• Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I don't think a Sims 5 would be better with the current management. Maxis needs a bigger studio, better devs, more money invested on the game. It seems to me they're just trying to make an average game with as little money and resources as they can and that's unfair. But at least we still have the sims 2 and 3. :/
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

Ever since they did that for Sims 4, I've been wishing they'd do the same for Sims 3.

• Options

Ever since they did that for Sims 4, I've been wishing they'd do the same for Sims 3.

Rumour has it that a modder is working on a 64 bit patch for TS3 but I havn't heard anything about that for a while now
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,865 Member

Rumour has it that a modder is working on a 64 bit patch for TS3 but I havn't heard anything about that for a while now

That would be awesome. My ONLY gripe for Sims 3 is its instability. I can handle lag. but when it crashes at the drop of a hat, it makes not so worthwhile to load it up sometimes. If I knew it wouldn't crash as much I would play Sims 3 all the time....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.