Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the longest family tree you have ever had?

Comments

• Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I tend to get board around generation 5 which is my record from the sims 3. I love mixing things up with the premade family's though. I think my goal for the sims 4 is to get to 10 generations. I like rotational play which always distracts me! XD
  • Options
    revlonspamqueensrevlonspamqueens Posts: 79 Member
    8 generations is the farthest I've gotten. I wanted so badly to get to 10 but I got insanely bored and it felt like a chore. Maybe one day I'll revisit that save!
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    In the Sims 3, I've possibly had around... 120 generations I believe with a family, I believe.

In the Sims 4, the highest I got to was around 30 generations.

Woah, impressive!
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    In the Sims 3, I've possibly had around... 120 generations I believe with a family, I believe.

In the Sims 4, the highest I got to was around 30 generations.

120 Generation is great, and 30 is great too. Have fun

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have only been able to make it to the first set of grandchildren. So three lines, I believe that to be on the family tree.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I don't like killing my Sims off and I turn aging off so it's kinda weird to have parents and children and grandchildren all adults so I don't do many generations. Right now I'm at 4
  • Options
    OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    The longest I've played is 2 generations in the sims 4 :smile: I always get bored of one family and start from scratch after that !
  • Options
    OliiveSims wrote: »
    The longest I've played is 2 generations in the sims 4 :smile: I always get bored of one family and start from scratch after that !
    I seem to have the same problem. I too get bored playing with just one family. Then I find myself starting a new game with a new family.

• Options
    Wazowski_VegetaWazowski_Vegeta Posts: 35 Member
    I think the most has been on the 5th generation for me, but omg a 26th generation, that sounds crazy ahaha amazing, I wish I had that much patiente!
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    3rd generation , because the culling problem and hard to play generation
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    In sims2 I barely made it to the 5th gen
    Sim 3, barely to the 4th
    And in sims 4, the 3rd gen is only a child.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    I'm curious, How long is a generation in Sims 4 anyways? I'm curious because one my sims families has two grandchildren, and my game is registering only one generation at the most. And I'm not certain if my game registering all 8 of my kids in that household or just the two grandchildren as the first generation.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    28 generations and counting
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    28 generations and counting

Ooo I'm curious what you're going to get to!
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I would hope to get to at least the 3rd generation, but I get bored or feel as if I need more to do, but can't with that particular family and I end up deleting the save and starting over. *I'm not trying to cause any trouble, but I think more family play or family centered interactions is a must*
  • Options
    I would hope to get to at least the 3rd generation, but I get bored or feel as if I need more to do, but can't with that particular family and I end up deleting the save and starting over. *I'm not trying to cause any trouble, but I think more family play or family centered interactions is a must*

Honestly even in TS3 with more focus on family play I had the problem with getting bored. I don't know why, I could just never hook onto a family for a while, I had to get a fresh start.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm at my longest right now. 8 generations. Been playing them since Sims 4 came out. I don't rush through generations though. I play a full, luscious life with every generation.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    My longest family line was about 17 generations, but it was in Sims 3 and the family tree kept breaking. I kept a paper copy of the whole thing, and periodically had to box up my nuclear family of my favorite descendant and ship them into a new neighborhood.

In Sims 4, I'm currently on generation 9 of one family and generation 7 of another.

Dez
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited June 2016
    In Ts3 I had 4 generations...I would have more, but I discover the game too late, so I sometimes stopped playing the "main family" to play an EP...and my game was slow, and ts4 as next to release... :D about ts4...I'm In generation 4, with a childrem! :)again, would have more, but only play on weekends, and I put life In long! :D
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited June 2016
    Since the family tree is so broken, I used the comment part on my page to keep track of the generations, so right now I am up to 25 generations.

My avatar ( Rexwell St. John ) and his wife Giana started their little family with Alex St. John. He begat Brie St. John-Garrison who begat Cliff Garrison, who begat Dixie Garrison-Armstrong, who begat Erika Armstrong-Hurtado. She begat Frank Hurtado (married Blunote) and he begat Gwen Hurtado-Martino. Gwen begat Hector Martino and it continued with Ivette Martino-Kaminski. She begat Jack Kaminski begat Kolby who begat Lee. He begat a daughter named Marcia Kaminski-Hobson who begat Noah Hobson. He got abducted by an alien and begat Ox. He begat a son, whom was named Phred Hobson. Phred begat another son who was named Quinto. Quinto Hobson (married Golluma) and begat Rodger Hobson. He begat a daughter, Stacy Hobson-Redman. She begat a son named Truck Redman. Truck begat a son named Ulrick Redman. Ulrick begat another son, named Vaughn Redman. Vaughn begat a daughter named Wilma Redman-Tilley who begat Xavier. He begat Yuel Tilley and the generation ended with ....

When the final Z-child is born and going into adulthood, he will start over with another alphabet run.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2016
    I had an alphabet Legacy in the Sims 2 using the Goth Family daughter that Bella and Morty had after I managed to get Bella back - (removed her death tag) and extended Morties life with the life juice stuff - and they ended up having another 2 girls and another son. Well the oldest daughter I called Arial and started the alphabet Legacy with her and actually went through the alphabet 2 and a half times before I ended up losing that game when my pc got hit by lightening. Lost everything... but if you add it up - 26 + 26 +8 as I was up to Harem who was in college with his bride to be when I lost it all but not even counting Arials family as gen 1 - just her - I was on Gen 60. But only in Sims 2.

The highest I ever got through Sims 3 in the alphabet Legacy was Gen 25 had just been born and thanks to a patch corrupting my save and my back up as well - that ended that one. Now that one was started legit by me making the Heir Aaron Anderson - lol - I know no imagination to that name.... as you are actually supposed to do....

It seems after that I mainly just keep the the general regular 10 generation legacies - usually playing 4 different families to start at a time. That way you never get bored - well I don't anyway. LOL.

No, I never attempt any families in Sims 4 - and probably why I get quickly bored with this version of the Sims as I am a BIG family player as you can see. But can't take the infant morphing to child business. Too weird for my blood.... besides I love the toddler stage and could not stand not to have it in game - so until they fix Sims 4 I will never probably play it very much - never mind even consider a legacy.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    The longest I've gone (and I'm currently playing) is 4 generations. In Sims 2 & 3 I used to always get bored and re-make my families, but I've stuck with it in Sims 4. :) Just started on generation 4 - takes quite a while for a new generation because I play with the long lifespan and often turn aging off. I jump between my households (who are all part of the same family) as well.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I'm on generation 3 of my current family. I never got past 1 in the Sims 3 because I kept getting bored and 2 in TS2 because I was constantly switching households to age the whole neighborhood up.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My highest would be with Sims 3, I got to Gen 7 with my 100 baby challenge (completed it).

In Sims 4, I think 3 is the highest I've gotten. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    I am on the 9th generation and this is the longest I have ever played a family since sims 2. I am pretty attached to them. J. Huntington III (who I named Justin) is my founding father and there have been five generations of Justin Huntingtons to follow him. Due to the culling, I keep track of them on Family echo. They are the only family I play.