Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

well for some silly reason i installed and tried the sims 4 again

Comments

• Options
    MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    I was the same way with the Sims4 when I tried the demo and then the Get To Work expack came out and it improved it a little. They are releasing content for it slowly which makes it a little more interesting to play. I personally love the CAS section and some of the new building options that the Sims4 has to offer but like many of you guys said, I find myself bored of gameplay after a short amount of time versus The Sims3, where I spend so much time playing it, for my LP videos and in my personal games.
    I was like this when the Sims3 first came out though, it took me a long time to transition from Sims2 to 3 until more content was released. All I have to say is that I'm super thankful for the amazing CC and mod creators for Sims4 custom content haha!
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    Why was this moved to the Sims 3 section? The original post doesn't even mention TS3 and the subject matter is about TS4. Are the moderators of the TS4 forums so bothered by criticism or negative topics that they immediately take it out of that section and dump it here? This makes no sense to me. :confused:

THANK YOU.

Every time I see on of these posts in the Sims 3 forum, it befuddles me. It's like they are intentionally trying to upset Sims 3 players and I don't understand why. Our money spends just like everyone else's.

200_s.gif
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I gave up playing the Sims 4 about a month ago. I've gone back to Sims 3. Been tweeking my game setup on my new laptop. And I unfortunately patched my game to 1.69 so I'm currently forced to use Origin to launch the game. Ug. Thinking seriously about re-purchasing the packs that I bought as digital downloads just so I can go back to 1.67 and use CC Magic.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Nik24X7 Have you had any problems with the 1.69 patch?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited May 2016
    My old desktop had all EPs and all SPs except for the Katy Perry one. I also had a ton of EA Store downloads. Game ran fine. On my new laptop I've ended up unchecking half the EPs and a couple of the SPs and uninstalling most of the EA Store content just to have so-so performance. I really wish I could go back to 1.67 and use CC Magic to launch the game. So much better in-game performance with that launcher!

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Pary :o You have a new avatar :o and I really like it. <3

Thank you @CravenLestat :)

Sometimes, my favourite Sims have a "doppelganger" in the supernatural world, often with simply different hair and eye colours. My avatar, Lilac, is Lia's doppelganger and a fairy alchemist.

I'm sorry I didn't see your comment earlier, I don't have notifications turned on so I don't get paged to threads :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    Why was this moved to the Sims 3 section? The original post doesn't even mention TS3 and the subject matter is about TS4. Are the moderators of the TS4 forums so bothered by criticism or negative topics that they immediately take it out of that section and dump it here? This makes no sense to me. :confused:

THANK YOU.

Every time I see on of these posts in the Sims 3 forum, it befuddles me. It's like they are intentionally trying to upset Sims 3 players and I don't understand why. Our money spends just like everyone else's.

200_s.gif

I would like to see the moderators have the courtesy to explain in the thread why they have moved it to another area, particularly as this has nothing to do with TS3. The OP is simply saying they aren't happy with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and make no mention whatsoever of the other franchises. This doesn't belong here.
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I just don't understand why it was moved here. It's clearly got a Sims 4 title and topic, it was in the sims 4 feedback section and now ends up in here?
    CAW forum used to be the dumping ground for threads that apparently were meant to die during TS3's height.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I thought it was the feedback section on the old TS3 forum where they dumped everything? That section never got as much attention as the TS4 feedback section. Mostly I guess because a whole lot of more people have feedback about TS4. You know what they say, people who are satisfied don't usually bother providing feedback. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I agree (again). This isn't the first time I've seen something like this happen. It's weird....and it definitely doesn't belong here. An explanation would be nice.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2016
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    My old desktop had all EPs and all SPs except for the Katy Perry one. I also had a ton of EA Store downloads. Game ran fine. On my new laptop I've ended up unchecking half the EPs and a couple of the SPs and uninstalling most of the EA Store content just to have so-so performance. I really wish I could go back to 1.67 and use CC Magic to launch the game. So much better in-game performance with that launcher!
    I must ask if you're using some form of vsync on your new computer? This game will cause unnecessary high FPS which in return will make the game laggy and heat issues.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2016
    I played it for a little while. It just lacked something. I didn't like the cartoony vibe of the whole thing. I'm cool with sitting it out. I suppose in 2030 technology will be amazing and there will be some simulated people game that comes out and it will knock my socks off.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    Even though I like and play TS4, I loved reading this thread and agreed with pretty much everything you guys said.
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I have never even demo'd the sims 4, between Showtime and Sim city it became absolutely obvious EA are not only not willing to listen to a large and established fan base but also that they are going to head in their new direction regardless if it works or not, I can only hope that the new direction is a highway to the river styx!
    EA lost all financial support from me when they abandoned the sims 3 store and games despite still selling both as soon as sims 4 came, I even gave up playing for like a year or it feels like a year, I understand they couldn't keep adding new content to the game but I mean come on the rotating header thing still has a date of 2014 splashed on the front of it they could at least maintain the store site.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    SpringQueenSpringQueen Posts: 39 Member
    I played Sims 4 when it was first released and didn't have as much content so I'm not sure if it's gotten better but I remember being bored 15 minuted into playing the game. I think I would take the long loading screens and lag from the Sims 3 over the reduced features of the Sims 4 and the lack of an open world.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Seems like criticism of Overdone Emotions and Glassy Stares Game is dumped into any old forum (or troublemakers deliberately stir the pot so the thread will be closed). I posted something about EA's Creative Director quitting and then pondered what it meant for the Sims franchise. Despite being Sims-related, it was dumped in Off Topic Chat. Oh well.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i didnt play for like a year anda half and now i love it again i have high functioning autisum so i dont really like changes that much but i was a bit harsh on this game and didnt give the sims 4 a chance
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Glad you are enjoying the Sims4 now.....it took me awhile to get there......but I am enjoying it now :D
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    It was the same for me. I did not like it to begin with and didn't play it the first year and half, but the last six months I've really been loving it. I still play the sims 3 once in a while though.
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I was harsh at first but after playing the free trial I simply stated that it is not the game for me and gave it 30 points out of a possible 100 and no longer feel the need to criticise it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    iiimeeiiimee Posts: 402 Member
    Wow, was I the only person who liked it from the beginning? I mean, I was skeptical of it, but I didn't hesitate to buy it, and I enjoyed it the second I started playing! <3 I remember making the cutest family at first.... <3
    Read At The Sim's Library
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @iiimee nope I loved it from the start too..its my personal favourite ibt eh series so far
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @iiimee nope I loved it from the start too..its my personal favourite ibt eh series so far

I've loved it from the start as well :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i really liked it from the start there are things i miss from 3 mostly the rain and snow but it will get there
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @sillyangel0906 yay high five ^-^
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.