Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

well for some silly reason i installed and tried the sims 4 again

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    i have high functioning autisum so i dont really like changes that much

I think secretly most of us don't really :)

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I've loved it from the start too, although it was missing some things initially and there is still more I would like to be added I think the dev's have done a great job with it so far and it is becoming my favorite of the series as well.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I loved it from the start too, but I'm glad the OP is enjoying it finally and some others are too with more content.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think for me, there was a learning curve of sorts. Each iteration of the sims has been similar and yet completely different from the one before it and Sims 4 is no different. It took me a long time to make myself see that Sims 4 is a different game than Sims 3 or 2 or 1 just like each of the other three were unique from the others. Once I got past trying to compare Sims 4 to Sims 3 I had a lot of fun with it.

I sort of like the fact that I can easily spend hours building different types of builds and not play a household or I can play a single sim and forget about families, or I can load my legacy game and have a more family style experience or I can just explore. I find, like with every other Sims game, I'm excited to see each new expansion, stuff pack or game pack launch to see how it'll change my little sims' lives. So far, the only one I've been disappointed with completely is Outdoor Retreat. I didn't feel it added anything I couldn't already do. Fihing? check, camping in a tent? check. Collecting things? check. looking at trees? check. We got a few new furnitures and a bear suit... and some new trees to look at. Didn't really feel like a game pack. Just a stuff pack with a new 'town' in it.

But I've gone completely off topic. I agree with you OP that its a good game and fun to play after I got past my initial disregard for the "Not Sims 3'ness" of it all. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Same here, I bought the base game in November 2014, when Origin had a big sale. I bought it for 50%. At the time, I had a PC that barely met the spec requirements, but I went ahead and bought it just to try the game out and keep it for "later", when I eventually bought a new computer. I didn't really care for it and played a couple of times. It ran ok on that PC, but the graphics were awful. Dark skin tones were splotchy, tattoos looked like ink smears, but it wasn't that. It just lacked that addictive factor I felt with the other sims series. At that time I was playing TS3 every day, so maybe it was because I just couldn't get used to the difference between the two.

In June 2015 I got a new PC, installed TS4, played it once for maybe an hour and didn't bother with it again. It ran fine, graphics were great, but I still wasn't feeling it with this game.

Back in March/April of this year I decided to launch it on a whim and it wasn't until then did I really start enjoying 4. And I mean really enjoying it. I've since purchased Get Together and Get To Work and will very likely buy some packs in the near future. I was playing another game series for some months and had been away from Sims entirely during that time, so maybe that's what gave me the fresh new outlook on 4.

It might have taken a long time, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    O I thought you were gonna say you now like the game..you tricked me lol :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @GabbyGirlJ You know what I like about Sims 3

The weird stuff you can find dumpster diving..

Take this shirt for example,sure it was dirty but after a good wash it was good as new...

:*

Screenshot-2412_zpsao96ahhz.jpg

Screenshot-2418_zpsdvyexasq.jpg

Sims are so wasteful :#

oh my gosh, i need that shirt like yesterday lol.
    did you make that? i don't usually trust cc, but... fallout shirts!

I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    @lauravonawesome Yes I made it,that is in my studio and will not mess up or harm your game in any way.The exchange is down now but it is in there. :p And Thank you. <3 And I can make Fallout Shirts o:) Will go make a few here in a bit.

I made that one after an actual shirt you can buy in real life.Just recreated it for Sims 3

s-l225_zpslaixmz3x.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @lauravonawesome Here are two more I just made :p

Screenshot-3312_zpsygya1khj.jpg

Pip Boy :open_mouth:

Screenshot-3310_zpsgaivlvv9.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @CravenLestat I need those shirts!!! Bad time for the exchange to break :cry:
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @lauravonawesome Here are two more I just made :p

Screenshot-3312_zpsygya1khj.jpg

Pip Boy :open_mouth:

Screenshot-3310_zpsgaivlvv9.jpg

oh my gosh, i love these so much! as soon as the exchange is unbroken, i'm downloading all of them :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat Good looking Sims again :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you..but all credit of course goes to EA for creating the lovely Lucy Lau from Midnight Hollow :p

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lucy_Lau

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Gee, another hate thread with no purpose other than to bash The Sims 4. I've never seen a thread like THAT before

Obvious Sarcasm
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I played it for 10 minutes over the weekend at my friend's house and it was.. awful. Just awful. I hadn't played The Sims at all in over a year but after being bored to death and astonished at how terrible "Sims" 4 is I had a huge urge to boot up the Sims 3 as soon as I got home now I'm hooked again.

Sims 3 Sims are just so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cute and I get so attached to them and engrossed in their lives and stories of their surrounding friends and neighbours. I just didn't feel any of that connection in Sims 4, the neighbours etc don't feel real. You just sense that when you're not physically on the same lot they're just standing there like zombies doing nothing.. if they even exist while you're not there.

Sims 3 just feels more.. like everything matters, like other sims matter, like your sim matters.

My favourite sim at the moment Emily had her pet Womrat die this morning and it literally made me almost cry irl when she was mourning him she was so sad :'(
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @McTosh Poor Womrat :( My favorite were always the common squirrels.As far as birds the Falcon cause you could carry it around like the Dragons from DV.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    I haven't had a bird or squirrel in my family yet but when Emily's boyfriend Tom moved in and he became part of the active household I checked his inventory and he had like 6 of them all in his pocket, made me laugh!

Must have been a tight squeeze
  • Options
    ..I hope they were in his pocket anyway, he was pulling them out of somewhere when I clicked 'release' on them all o.O