You are browsing an archived read-only section of the forums. The Sims 4 Help Center can now be found here.

Blue Curtains After the Update?

«1
Is anyone having this issue of all curtains turning blue after updating? I do have Lumia Lover's NoBlu lighting mod, so could that be conflicting with the new lighting? Any answers are much appreciated.
Here's an example image:
06_02_16_3_32_01_PM.png

Comments

  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Yeah I'm thinking it's the mod remove and test again
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,466 Member
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    edited June 2016
    @ceejay402 Hmm I tried and it's still happening. Maybe it could be a different mod or cc? I'll take out my whole mods folder and try again.
    Edited to say that I took out my whole mods folder and the issue was still happening.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Oh yeah remove the whole folder. But Is the non blue mod one that goes into mods folder or programing? Never used I'm just use to ones that go directly into programing. Also test a new game I wonder if the game is altered
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,466 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hello.
    It would be good to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    @ceejay402 Yeah that mod goes directly in the mods folder. And I just tested a new save and the issue isn't there! Maybe my save is corrupted? I've been playing that save for 7 generations so that's a shame. :/
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Ok it does sound like it's just the one game file what happens when you replace curtains?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,466 Member
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    @ceejay402 They turn blue again. But the odd thing is, is that it only happens when I place the curtains on windows. I placed it on the wall and they were normal colored. Moving the windows up and down also didn't work.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Something similar is being reported here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888772/june-2nd-patch-highlighted-curtains-and-no-age-progress-showing#latest

    I'll test tonight but try this save the lot to library and try it in a new game to see if that makes a difference
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Thank you @rosemow , I tried and both didn't work. Thank you so much for your replies, though.
    And @ceejay402 it makes me feel good to know that others are having this issue. (Well, I'm not glad that anyone is dealing with a bug, but you get what I mean.) And this save is way too customized for me to save everything to the library, so I think I'll just go curtain-less and hope that the issue gets fixed. Thank you so very much for your help.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Ok I'll post back once we know a good work around
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,781 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't have any CC or Mods or cheats enabled and I get a lovely blue curtain on my tiled bathroom window.

    It is the Flaunting Flouncing Panels that are going blue in my game. They look the proper colour until they are actually attached.

    The red ones go purple and the brown and white ones change colour from blue to original after a few tries!
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Sounds good @ceejay402
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I don't have any CC or Mods or cheats enabled and I get a lovely blue curtain on my tiled bathroom window.

    It is the Flaunting Flouncing Panels that are going blue in my game. They look the proper colour until they are actually attached.

    The red ones go purple and the brown and white ones change colour from blue to original after a few tries!
    its possible its just a bug but can you tell your game settings and video card its and if you have laptop mode or post processing effect on?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,781 Member


    Difficult to do whilst playing the game but I found that my 4 Gig. NVidia Geforce GTX 850M had been on ordinary settings so I changed it back to Optimal and the curtains on the top floor then became a lighter shade of blue and ones on the ground floor were perfectly normal. I was not using the onboard intel settings.

    I have a HP i7, 16 G Ram, in Fullscreen mode and Post processing (whatever that is - is on) and I don't yet want to have to start the game again at the moment, which has to be done for this to be changed.

    I will check again when starting a new game
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I don't have any CC or Mods or cheats enabled and I get a lovely blue curtain on my tiled bathroom window.

    It is the Flaunting Flouncing Panels that are going blue in my game. They look the proper colour until they are actually attached.

    The red ones go purple and the brown and white ones change colour from blue to original after a few tries!
    its possible its just a bug but can you tell your game settings and video card its and if you have laptop mode or post processing effect on?

  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

    Difficult to do whilst playing the game but I found that my 4 Gig. NVidia Geforce GTX 850M had been on ordinary settings so I changed it back to Optimal and the curtains on the top floor then became a lighter shade of blue and ones on the ground floor were perfectly normal. I was not using the onboard intel settings.

    I have a HP i7, 16 G Ram, in Fullscreen mode and Post processing (whatever that is - is on) and I don't yet want to have to start the game again at the moment, which has to be done for this to be changed.

    I will check again when starting a new game
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I don't have any CC or Mods or cheats enabled and I get a lovely blue curtain on my tiled bathroom window.

    It is the Flaunting Flouncing Panels that are going blue in my game. They look the proper colour until they are actually attached.

    The red ones go purple and the brown and white ones change colour from blue to original after a few tries!
    its possible its just a bug but can you tell your game settings and video card its and if you have laptop mode or post processing effect on?
    awesome update do restart when you get a chance to fully confirm changes i was just about to doubt GPU involvement ok so ill need to do more thinking about desktop cards.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,466 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

    Difficult to do whilst playing the game but I found that my 4 Gig. NVidia Geforce GTX 850M had been on ordinary settings so I changed it back to Optimal and the curtains on the top floor then became a lighter shade of blue and ones on the ground floor were perfectly normal. I was not using the onboard intel settings.

    I have a HP i7, 16 G Ram, in Fullscreen mode and Post processing (whatever that is - is on) and I don't yet want to have to start the game again at the moment, which has to be done for this to be changed.

    I will check again when starting a new game
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I don't have any CC or Mods or cheats enabled and I get a lovely blue curtain on my tiled bathroom window.

    It is the Flaunting Flouncing Panels that are going blue in my game. They look the proper colour until they are actually attached.

    The red ones go purple and the brown and white ones change colour from blue to original after a few tries!
    its possible its just a bug but can you tell your game settings and video card its and if you have laptop mode or post processing effect on?

    Thankyou for the helpful information. :) I am glad that changing the settings helped the issue in your game.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,781 Member
    edited June 2016
    @ceejay402 Was intrigued by this so restarted the game via the Geforce Experience panel to make sure Optimal was still on and with Post processing off. It didn't have any more effect. Using the Optimal values did cause a lighter effect on the upper storey windows and proper colours on the ground floor.

    I like the new colours though! Lovely red in the daytime turning purple at night is nice. All the colours on all these particular curtains change but don't on walls as previously said. Due to this new lighting change?

    PS Most curtains are ok just a few need sorting out after a quick look at a few of them.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,557 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @ceejay402 Was intrigued by this so restarted the game via the Geforce Experience panel to make sure Optimal was still on and with Post processing off. It didn't have any more effect. Using the Optimal values did cause a lighter effect on the upper storey windows and proper colours on the ground floor.

    I like the new colours though! Lovely red in the daytime turning purple at night is nice. All the colours on all these particular curtains change but don't on walls as previously said. Due to this new lighting change?

    PS Most curtains are ok just a few need sorting out after a quick look at a few of them.

    good stuff! im thinking it is do to the new lighting changes
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,781 Member
    edited June 2016
    @ceejay402 Thank you. I tried that Tom's Hardware info. checked for updates and refreshed games list but still the same so will wait for Maxis to check out unless someone else comes out with the definitive answer. I'll try out that Moo method tomorrow.

    What we want is to divert all the other Simmers from their complaints or otherwise about the new game changes to doing something useful like checking how their own laptops or PC's deal with these curtain anomalies so we can pin the problem down.

  • TheOnlyAuntieMameTheOnlyAuntieMame Posts: 7 New Member
    Also having this issue. Removed mods, saved to a new file, changing video settings... none of these things resolved the issue. Must be a new bug introduced in the update.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,781 Member
    edited June 2016
    Just experimented and the curtains, in my game anyway, go back to normal if you turn the windows covered by the curtain so that the arrow points in, but you need only to do that with the ones affected then replace the curtain over inside. I could paste a picture of the two colours of curtains side by side but too much bother to do so. Experiment with this yourself.

    Beats me why this happens to a few of the curtains but Maxis will probably sort it out in the next patch.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I can confirm this issue is occurring in my game, using a fresh save after clearing cache and repairing and with no mods. It is happening with most window coverings that are not floor length and definitely seems to be related to the lighting change, as if you place the curtain on the wall away from a window, it's color doesn't change, and also, @Mchap353 stated, if you change the direction of the window facing to arrow in (which would normally be on the exterior), it doesn't change. I would say it's definitely a graphics glitch.

    There is a workaround. Place the curtain on the wall first and afterward, place the window. It is the action of the curtain snapping to the window that seems to trigger this lighting effect. If you don't snap the curtain to the window, it won't happen.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Makes me really wonder; the devs must have seen the issue themselves too, so WHY in the world release it when it obviously has some ''bugs'' still.. It's really beyond me. It's more like just releasing it and pretending the problem doesn't exist.

    Same counts for the fuzzy/jagged shadows in game. It's not 'normal', but they just pretend it's not there.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top