Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Highlighted/Blue Curtains bug has returned?

MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
EDIT: August 2 - just recycling this thread, the original issues are posted below the line.

I've just built a new home this afternoon and noticed while play testing that the curtains were once again blueish. I know they fixed it in one of the recent patches, but maybe one of the smaller patches after that reintroduced the bug? Maybe it's just a one time glitch, I haven't checked so far. I know the work around, I'm just curious about other people's experiences.

I reinstalled Sims 4 this week, so I'm in a brand new save in a brand new Sims 4 folder and without mods.

So far I've noticed two things, one is possible a bug caused by the new indoor lighting, the other may be a new game feature.

All my curtains appear super highlighted, almost neon. Even if I buy new ones, they're still highlighted. Not all of them though. I do remember there always being a slight difference between curtains in different positions, but this is ridiculous.
dcyiq8.jpg
It's irrespective of curtain type.
1zd82kp.jpg
As you can see, these curtains in the image below are ordinarily a pale-ish blue (colour returns when selected). Note that the trims on the half walls are also much brighter than before.
20j6910.jpg
They only seem to be their (more or less) normal colour when it's night.
34r8xhw.jpg

The other issue is that the age bar no longer says how many days are left in the life stage. I have aging turned on (I double checked, I often have it off). The bar also looks different, does that mean that the age of the stages before elder are now variable too? I do have them on the long life span, haven't checked what other life spans do.
SOLVED: age progress shows on hovering over the green part of the age bar (days already past) not visible with Sims straight out of CAS.
2z8otvd.jpg

I don't use mods or CC, and I just reset my game folder and started a completely fresh save.
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
Post edited by MDianaSims on

Comments

• Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    My friend and I are also having the same issue with the age bar not showing how many days there are remaining. :/ I hope this wasn't intentional..
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2016
    Does anyone have any lighting mods? If so remove all mods and test again

If no mods or cc replace Windows and curtains and see if that helps
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello,
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    I already stated I don't use mods...

Anyway, I tried @ceejay402 's suggestion, but no luck, replacing both window and curtain does nothing.

About the age, I checked short and normal life-span, it's the same, just a dark bar that doesn't display how many days are left.
  • Options
    I already stated I don't use mods...

Anyway, I tried @ceejay402 's suggestion, but no luck, replacing both window and curtain does nothing.

About the age, I checked short and normal life-span, it's the same, just a dark bar that doesn't display how many days are left.

Ugh ok, what's your game settings and video card and do you have laptop mode and post processing effect on?
  • Options
    These are my settings, I had the same before the patch. I do normally play fullscreen, but went to windowed for the screencap.
    1zdp5qe.jpg
    My video card is a GeForce GTX 960, I'm currently updating the drivers, but I doubt that'll work - you never know though.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2016
    About the aging, I just tried that on my own game.

When I hover over the grey part, it doesn't show how many days are left, when I hover over the green part .. the already passed part, it does show. Seeing as yours is all grey since they just started, that might be the reason why.

Not sure if that's supposed to be like that or not.

And yes, they changed how it looks
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'm having the same issue with the curtains. :/ And there's also this weird issue where, when my sim got pregnant, the bar jumped to all full and glowy. Not sure if she'll auto-age.
  • Options
    Thanks @crinrict I guess that's how it works then :) I just started a new game, so my Sims haven't aged yet. That's one issue out of the way :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    These are my settings, I had the same before the patch. I do normally play fullscreen, but went to windowed for the screencap.
    1zdp5qe.jpg
    My video card is a GeForce GTX 960, I'm currently updating the drivers, but I doubt that'll work - you never know though.

thanks, ok you have post processing on see if turning that off and also turn on vsync option as well to see if that helps any and restart game and test
  • Options
    I turned post processing off, and vsync on, restarted the game, replaced my windows and curtains, but they're still highlighted.
  • Options
    I turned post processing off, and vsync on, restarted the game, replaced my windows and curtains, but they're still highlighted.

thanks for testing it may just be a bug :( we'll need to wait to be fixed
  • Options
    I've also tried setting my graphics to medium but that also didn't work. A bug it is - should I make thread at AHQ?
  • Options
    I've also tried setting my graphics to medium but that also didn't work. A bug it is - should I make thread at AHQ?

im going to try to test some as well since i just read another on a laptop may have fixed the issue by changing card settings but you dont have to update at AHQ since devs are here as well :)
  • Options
    ok @Mchap353 may have a solution! - if you use geforce experience confirm performance setting is on optimal. Please know :) i play with AMD cards so different card panel i pulled this link im assuming this is still valid option and how to tweak

2vv5ilf.png
    http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2643956/tips-nvidia-geforce-experience.html

• Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    I also have the "blue/darker shade curtain" bug but with a little testing with different types of curtains I found that if I have MOO on and place the curtain/blind in the middle of the window and "alt 9" it up to where you want it, the color does not change so try and see if this works for anyone else.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    lilonesub wrote: »
    I also have the "blue/darker shade curtain" bug but with a little testing with different types of curtains I found that if I have MOO on and place the curtain/blind in the middle of the window and "alt 9" it up to where you want it, the color does not change so try and see if this works for anyone else.

Good stuff thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Good stuff thanks for sharing!

You are welcome

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options

Thankyou for the helpful information :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thankyou for the helpful information :)

Again, you are welcome

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2016
    yes! i have the curtain thing too, and it drives me crazy!!!

I accidentally started my own thread on this, i didn't realize you had already started one @MDianaSanders
    i tried some testing of my own.. the colors show up "normally' when you go to choose a color swatch, and hover your mouse over the color you want, but once the color is selected the color is super crazy bright.. and this only happens when the curtain is actually set to a window.. if a curtain is just on a wall, it retains its "normal" color

i'll post a few screenshots of my own, just in case it helps find a solution, other than the MOO cheat... which would be nuts to have to do that for every single curtain in all my houses, lol... i'm picky when it comes to color matching

(right one is where i'm hovering my mouse over the blue color swatch before selecting the blue color for the curtain... if that makes sense.. it turns neon once i click on blue)
    06-02-16_11-25-27nbspPM_zps14hmxsuu.png

Daytime: on window vs. on the wall
    06-02-16_11-53-21nbspPM_zps4couee0u.png

and nighttime... not as bad, but still a big difference
    06-02-16_11-53-25nbspPM_zpsna1hxj4l.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    ok @Mchap353 may have a solution! - if you use geforce experience confirm performance setting is on optimal. Please know :) i play with AMD cards so different card panel i pulled this link im assuming this is still valid option and how to tweak

2vv5ilf.png
    http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2643956/tips-nvidia-geforce-experience.html

I tried this, but it changes nothing for me (I replaced window and curtain again). The only thing it changes is that post processing is turned back on and it turns on uncompressed Sim textures. I've only had that last one turned on once before and it didn't improve my graphics at all. Also, just now when I tested, my screen flickered for a moment when I entered a world (Newcrest). Because these settings changed nothing, I set them back to what I had.

I already read this on Tumblr, but thanks for sharing. It's a decent work around but doesn't fix the issue. At least I can take screenshots without highlighted curtains messing them up :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I also have highlighted curtains. I removed my lighting mod and also optimized my game using the GeForce Experience, and the problem is still there.

06-03-16_3-46-01nbspPM_zps6s83qh1w.png

06-03-16_3-47-08nbspPM_zpscm0va3jy.png

Note: These pics were taken while the mod was still in game, but I exited, removed the mod, re-started, and the curtains were still the same.

aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I don't have any problem at all with your curtains in my original settings or tested optimal NVidia choice. It's back to Maxis & card manufacturers, I think, to sort it out. Just a couple for me now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hello .
    I will quote what SunnyKeg posted on another thread in case it may help simmers
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    More on the patch, after further testing:

A new thing to note: we must now be careful of which way a window is oriented; if the arrow is pointing in, it can change color of the light and add floor shadow"
    Has anyone else experienced this impacting the curtains in the room? Depending on what way the window is facing, a vivid blue hue may be added to the curtain color. Unfortunately for the windows that you can't reverse (for instance, the ones with shutters), I haven't found a solution. I noticed on a new build I started today but went back and checked another build from before the patch and can confirm this is new as of today (for me anyway).