Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official! No Gender barriers!

Comments

• Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Great job to EA/Maxis this sounds like it will be one of the best updates ever. The amount of cc I've had to download for only two transgender sims is absurd, and this update should allow me to be able to get rid of a lot of it.

This. I don't use CC really, so it was imperative they do something like this eventually. I'm just happy they made the move. Now I can make more realistic and varied Sims.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    Dutch MatrixDutch Matrix Posts: 4 New Member
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a toggle switch!
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I want to see female Sims wear beards! that'll be just-NO!

In real life women grow hair on their bodies just like men. Its just most shave while men are more inclined to grow out their body hair.
    But it does remind me of the cartoons, real life, and movies where circuses would feature a bearded lady. XD

not in such an amount that you could get a beard. I had some very small amounts of facial hair around my lips and I solved it with hormone therapy.
  • Options
    SanhoSanho Posts: 56 Member
    I like the idea behind it but I don't want it in my game. I just want it as an option I can disable/enable and I don't want EA to push gender equality down my throat ; there's Tumblr for that.
  • Options
    oh, the possiblities are endless now, I can see alot of cross-dressed Sims on the Gallery very shortly!

*loud whale noises of excite*
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

• Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    "Franklin also noted players can now change their Sims’ gender at any time and specify whether they can reproduce with other characters."

This is absurd... I really do not like that part...
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I want to see female Sims wear beards! that'll be just-NO!

In real life women grow hair on their bodies just like men. Its just most shave while men are more inclined to grow out their body hair.
    But it does remind me of the cartoons, real life, and movies where circuses would feature a bearded lady. XD

That may all be very true, but I think we can safely say that even if society would change to such an extend women with facial hair became the beauty standard you still would never encounter a bearded lady unless she used plastic surgery. :D
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Sanho wrote: »
    I like the idea behind it but I don't want it in my game. I just want it as an option I can disable/enable and I don't want EA to push gender equality down my throat ; there's Tumblr for that.

I agree this should be an option NOT forced.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I honestly don't want this in my game...I hope there is an option to opt out of this. It's enough that I have see this everyday, but to see it in my game too is ridiculous.

I don't have anything against anyone, but i just don't want this in my game.

We still don't know if there's 'options' so one can hope if you wish to opt out of this 'feature'. Which is something The Sims needs to see more of so Simmers can play in their own way more.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    fabeme wrote: »
    "Franklin also noted players can now change their Sims’ gender at any time and specify whether they can reproduce with other characters."

That's going to make the game even more interesting!
  • Options

How.......*chokes* how did I miss that part!? *opens window* How did I miss that there part!? *jumps out window and flies to Franklin like a birdie and gives a hug for the info*

I'm pretty sure I'm still sleeping and dreaming this whole thing. This can't be real cannit cannit?

If all of that is in this patch, along with the graphical update it was worth the wait. Thank you TS4 team if all of this actually exists. But waiting for the update is torture now lol >_>;;

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! BRAVO!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    If they want to give us more options, they need to add those toggles. Forcing these additions onto our gaming experiences wouldn't be adding options, but retracting them since we could already achieve them thanks to skilled modders.

I think it would be much harder for modders to add toggles disabling these kind of features than adding these features in the first place.

So... I have faith, worried, but faithful! :)
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    @Cinebar
    My nain thing is that we simply don't know HOW it's going to be implemented specifically. There may be a box to tic in the options after the patch. We just don't know yet. I think we should all just chill and wait for the patch notes or a post by a guru, their Facebook, etc.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    More_Moore wrote: »

How.......*chokes* how did I miss that part!? *opens window* How did I miss that there part!? *jumps out window and flies to Franklin like a birdie and gives a hug for the info*

I'm pretty sure I'm still sleeping and dreaming this whole thing. This can't be real cannit cannit?

If all of that is in this patch, along with the graphical update it was worth the wait. Thank you TS4 team if all of this actually exists. But waiting for the update is torture now lol >_>;;

Even if I do not like it, you made me laugh. I'm happy if it's makes you happy :)
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    If they do this won't it be hard to know if you sims are male or female? (a suggestion to remove gender symbols associated with characters in the game's gallery. )
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I'm not one to normally stand up for the sims 4 but this is great...and for those concerned I imagine there is a certain formula in place that only allows the typically male clothes to be generated on male sims and vice versa. This shouldn't be difficult to achieve as many of the clothes were previously marked for a certain gender so just because they are now open to all sims, that marking may still be in place. Now thats what Im imagining will be the case but I could be wrong
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    wow, awesome.

i'm actually having a positive reaction for this iteration of the sims franchise for the 1st time in 2 years. such a strange feeling.
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    If they do this won't it be hard to know if you sims are male or female? (a suggestion to remove gender symbols associated with characters in the game's gallery. )

They said the symbols, not the words "male" and "female". I think we'll still be able to search like that or a bew/different way.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    hate it, absolutely hate it. For one thing, imagine what kind of townies it will generate. Also the need to go trough the stupid amount of other gender clothes and haircuts to get find your regular ones again.

This.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have to admit some of the hairs look good on both genders.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top