Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official! No Gender barriers!

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I'm excited -- the more options, the better. I do hope there are filters in place so I can make adjustments depending on the story or how I want townies to look, but I'm sure there will be (or will be with a mod). I'm looking forward to this, as I've seen many people asking for it for a long time.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    So happy for the people who want this! More options are always welcome in the game! I don't mind editing the townies.

Yeah I mean the townies already all look like they got dressed in the dark, so I highly doubt this will make too much of a difference.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    The Sims is joining the modern world.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    This is a good thing, but:

- What about townies generation? Maybe something to disallow random on certain pieces? You could say it can't be worse than what we already have tho...

- CAS will all the EP/GP/SP content added is already hard to navigate without the "More columns in CAS" mod. Can we hope for an official replacement that will make the CAS columns change related to our screen resolution?

I guess that's pretty much it, the more choices the merrier, especially for hair and there's a bunch of male clothes that would fit my females (I hope it will also work for kids?) :D
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    This is awesome! But will we be still able to make male and female cisgender sims?
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Pandering. I hope they know how unhappy this player is because of this forced patch for one thing if it is forced, people shouldn't be forced to do anything they don't want to do. If it makes them uncomfortable they don't need to get over it, Maxis needs to respect them and not force them to have to install this patch.

2. I assume there is no townie exclusion so now I won't know if that is a male or female with a squeaky voice. What about I rule and this isn't letting me rule my game but letting others rule and not those of us who didn't want this.

3. Instead of fixing my bugs they spend their time on this. I want bug patch fixes not pandering to crowds.

I already contacted support saying that it's a very insensitive, outright harassing move towards those that live in different cultures to EA. I suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I honestly applaud the team for having the courage to do something like this in the world we live it. Yes, yes, yes! 10/10 EA/Maxis.

Courage? It would have been courageous 10 years ago. Now? Not so much.

I am happy for those who want it. I also wish it was at least opt out. Just as I wish ghosts and aliens and clowns were opt out.
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    The patch may very well include a way to turn the gender restrictions back on. We really don't know yet.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'm not sure if I want to see female Sims wear beards! that'll be just-NO!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    hate it, absolutely hate it. For one thing, imagine what kind of townies it will generate. Also the need to go trough the stupid amount of other gender clothes and haircuts to get find your regular ones again.

This is my main concern. I am totally fine with the idea behind it, and totally support it, but the townies it will create. That's my main concern too.

I would actually be fine with it, if you could enable/ disable it for townies and in CAS there would be a unisex category, instead of it going everywhere.

Or a sort button added, like we can currenyly sort by color, game pack etc.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Pandering. I hope they know how unhappy this player is because of this forced patch for one thing if it is forced, people shouldn't be forced to do anything they don't want to do. If it makes them uncomfortable they don't need to get over it, Maxis needs to respect them and not force them to have to install this patch.

2. I assume there is no townie exclusion so now I won't know if that is a male or female with a squeaky voice. What about I rule and this isn't letting me rule my game but letting others rule and not those of us who didn't want this.

3. Instead of fixing my bugs they spend their time on this. I want bug patch fixes not pandering to crowds.

I already contacted support saying that it's a very insensitive, outright harassing move towards those that live in different cultures to EA. I suggest you do the same.

I think that, for those who are upset, the best thing you can do is wait and see. There hasn't really been any information on how this is going to work. For instance, it may be something that is available through certain filters, but does not show up on its own. It may not affect townies. However, it might just be all available content for any character -- the point is, we don't know yet.

I'm excited to see the possibilities for myself and other players who wanted this. However, for those who don't, I do hope they implement filters so that you can play your game the way you like to. I would be surprised if there were not filters. We'll have more details when the patch actually comes out later today.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am very happy with the attitude of EA in removing the barriers. All I would like to say though is I like my game realistic, and I would prefer that the majority of townies were gender-typical in line with current actual statistics.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »

Please don't fill my game world with old men in cocktail dresses! :s

Siphons them from your game and plunks them into mine. XD

Even if it's CAS-wide only, I'd be happy. ^_^
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I think that, for those who are upset, the best thing you can do is wait and see. There hasn't really been any information on how this is going to work. For instance, it may be something that is available through certain filters, but does not show up on its own. It may not affect townies. However, it might just be all available content for any character -- the point is, we don't know yet.

I'm excited to see the possibilities for myself and other players who wanted this. However, for those who don't, I do hope they implement filters so that you can play your game the way you like to. I would be surprised if there were not filters. We'll have more details when the patch actually comes out later today.

having in mind that they mentioned that your sims sex will be decided by how they dress and not what they were born as? I imagine it will influence my game in a very major way, unless there's a way to disable it entirely.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I hate it too I don't want my male sims wearing female hair and clothes. I also don't want the females wearing the male clothes either, I hope EA will make sure that don't happen or I may look into a mod to fix it the way I want it.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    Just a funny thought-can you imagine seeing a male walk in high heels being angry as well, that'll be just....um ok-goodluck with that or seeing a male townie jogging in high heels, now that'll be funny to see!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited June 2016
    Great job to EA/Maxis this sounds like it will be one of the best updates ever. The amount of cc I've had to download for only two transgender sims is absurd, and this update should allow me to be able to get rid of a lot of it.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'm not sure if I want to see female Sims wear beards! that'll be just-NO!

In real life women grow hair on their bodies just like men. Its just most shave while men are more inclined to grow out their body hair.
    But it does remind me of the cartoons, real life, and movies where circuses would feature a bearded lady. XD
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    Some people complain about how townies will look after the patch.
    On the one hand, if it's a real life simulator, it's normal to see all kinds of people. Even though it might look weird to our eyes.
    On the other hand, the game is made so we RULE the world. So if any person decided not to want this on their game, they should have that option.
    Personally, I don't mind the change. Yeah, it will be weird, but changes like this are. And that's fine, we'll just have to get used to it. There's nothing wrong with it anyway.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like it! I think it is a great thing for players who do want that sort of game play. I do hope in CAS that they have a male/female filter. So if I want my male Sim to have a female hair, I can just filter to the 'female' hairs without having to go through all of the male hairs as well to find what I want.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options

having in mind that they mentioned that your sims sex will be decided by how they dress and not what they were born as? I imagine it will influence my game in a very major way, unless there's a way to disable it entirely.

I don't see that in the blog post from this thread, unless I'm missing something. I see that it says you have the option to influence these things, barriers have been removed, and you have the ability to change things at any time. To me, this sounds like it will be optional, likely only a CAS thing. Could you point out where it says what you are mentioning?
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    I'll love it if we have filters and or we can disable it. That's nice if I can create sims as I like, but I ABSOLUTELY do not want my townies to be generated with dresses when it's a man, etc.

I'll hate it if there is no filter, absolutely HATE IT.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    oh, the possiblities are endless now, I can see alot of cross-dressed Sims on the Gallery very shortly!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top