The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is a Retired Diva To Do?

lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
Screenshot-5-vert_zpsw0jsuabw.png

This is Reagan, my dynamic diva and center of my Sims universe. She's a diva and in my story, she was a supermodel, then fashion designer once the story was ended.Reagan is high maintenance. She wasn't doing anything for the most part in my game for the past year.

It's kinda hard for me to decide on what she should do next. She doesn't go off to a job everyday. She's self-employed. Reagan writes self-help books that teach women to be fabulous like her. Titles like, Slay 101, Diva 101, How to be a Diva Without Even Trying, or her bio Reagan Leeds: Run The World.

Divas like Reagan can't do certain jobs. Reagan has never had a boss, as a model she was like a contractor. She learned gardening in college a few years ago (because I really liked building the gardening skill). But I can't imagine Reagan working out in her backyard and getting dirty. The only career in the game that comes close to fashion design is the stylist career. But as a major celebrity, Reagan is the one who gets styled and not the other way around. Every other career or profession is just not for her. I like to give my Sim careers I can "see" them in, something realistic they would do in rl. She and her husband, Jaylen own a few businesses and they get a lot of money from it. But I think Reagan gets bored. She mainly makes herself a cocktail and sits in the jacuzzi everyday. Her youngest will be off to college pretty soon.

I wondering if I should give her one of those custom careers like the socialite career. It seems interesting. So what is a party animal retired supermodel diva supposed to do? LOL :D #richsimproblems :D

Does anyone feel like their Sim doesn't fit into any career?

screenshot-552.png?w=774&h=1382
Post edited by lasummerb on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor LOL :D:D:D

The first time Reagan rode the subway in the NYC world for my story, she was absolutely appalled!

I was on NRAAS earlier looking at the list of career mods.
    I downloaded the event planner career. I may try that one and the socialite career mod out. I think real estate would be cool, but I don't think Reagan wants to pander to anyone by "selling" them a house. :p
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2016
    she should go into politics - "Run the World" :wink:
    at fundrisers she has to ask average citizens for financial support but she should count that as her being generous to the minions
    it should be easy for her to progress in work quickly if her charisma is well built, i suppose it is

& she should start painting & finance a gallery to exhibit her extraordinarily genius artwork
    since she's already a writer so an illustrous autor is a nice aspiration going along that

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Reagan Leeds: Run The World.
    Why not own the world?
    Buy shares, or own all the businesses, then hire and fire as you please.

Or have her go totally downhill, turn her into a recluse, who dumpsterdives. Maybe do a little jail time... oooh, become a criminal. Sometimes, all that fame drives a person crazy.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I've had this trouble myself, particularly with my steampunk inventor & lover of junkyards, Matilda, who is "partnered" with Finn, my fisherman / surfer / beach bum.
    Technically they don't live together because she lives in Twinbrook and he in Sunlit Tides. Because I "roleplay" my characters, much like you do, I'm unable to decide where they should live, so they can't have a family or even be together at the moment :(

It makes me a bit sad and lessens my enthusiasm for playing them separately, as I've been anxious for them to leave some kind of "legacy" in my game. Wherever they go, I want them to feel as if they belong there, not just be somewhere I transplanted them for the sake of it.

Er, anyway, yes, I know just how you feel. There are plenty of custom careers out there that would probably suit your sim. Missy makes awesome careers, she created a Museum Curator career for my adventuring WA sim who collects antiques and relics, and I wrote the job level descriptions for her.
    I think event planner would suit your sim well. No doubt she would have certainly been exposed to high parties and events, and would know just how they should be planned and how she could put her personal spin on it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    she could have alot of babies then hate them
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Most divas end up in the Fashion Career giving others makeovers.Divas are all about spreading the "Fabulous" vibe everywhere and she needs to pack her bags and move to Sunset Valley.The story wrote itself "Former model turns the town" News at 11:00.SV is in deperate need of a trained diva who can make them look somewhat human.Being a base game it has the worst clothes and hairs and recolors of patterns on the Sims 3 planet.

She is not washed up and has work to do.Grab your scissors and makeup case and head on down to SV.You will be busy

Here is a rare shot of EA employees coming up with SV townie looks.I think this was Zelda Maes prototype concept.

68076_zpsrd1na2cy.png

Oh my god that photo. I am crying. :lol:
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    She is not washed up and has work to do.Grab your scissors and makeup case and head on down to SV.You will be busy

Here is a rare shot of EA employees coming up with SV townie looks.I think this was Zelda Maes prototype concept.

68076_zpsrd1na2cy.png

Jamie Jolina is the same. She's a young adult but with her stringy hair and overdone makeup she looks like she is compensating for being 50. I gave her a subtle makeover and she looks much better in my game.
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Totally off topic sorry OP,but I just love the green eyes/red hair combination Reagan is rocking there,gorgeous!
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    What about being a singer? Lots of celebrities release an album even when they're not known for singing.

And you can buy her some planter bowls to have a garden inside. She wouldn't have to be outside getting yucky. Planter bowls seem way more dignified. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    YojimboStrikesBackYojimboStrikesBack Posts: 16 New Member
    Yeah, I understand what you mean about a Sim not fitting any career, I like to have mine in a job that suits their personality. For Reagan, maybe a fortune teller? They like to put on a show, be the center of attention, seems fitting!

On the other hand, maybe she could breed horses, ride them, sell them. Quite posh and fancy, and she could have a grand stables to house her many prize horses!

Or if it isn't too messy, maybe she could try her hand at sculpting/painting? Does she appreciate arts and have enough self-confidence/arrogance to think she's already great at it? She's an interesting character, that's for sure! :grin:
  • Options
    she should go into politics - "Run the World" :wink:
    at fundrisers she has to ask average citizens for financial support but she should count that as her being generous to the minions
    it should be easy for her to progress in work quickly if her charisma is well built, i suppose it is

& she should start painting & finance a gallery to exhibit her extraordinarily genius artwork
    since she's already a writer so an illustrous autor is a nice aspiration going along that

@Rukola_Schaaf
    @YojimboStrikesBack

Thanks for the suggestions!

As far as being a politician, what's so funny is that her brother-in-law accused her loyal friends of being her minions in my story :D I can see Reagan as enjoying the perks of being a politician, but not the actual work. :D She definitely has a lot of charisma.

The art gallery wouldn't work, as her younger sister, Kennedey owns a gallery and is the artist/sculptor in the family. Reagan actually gave her sister some money to help her purchase her gallery.

screenshot-135-vert.png?w=774&h=866
  • Options
    KATENESS wrote: »
    What about being a singer? Lots of celebrities release an album even when they're not known for singing.

And you can buy her some planter bowls to have a garden inside. She wouldn't have to be outside getting yucky. Planter bowls seem way more dignified. :)

@KATENESS Thanks for the feedback. I don't think Reagan would release an album, she told one of her boyfriends in my story she couldn't sing a lick! LOL I don't have SN, so I can't use planter bowls.
  • Options
    Girkl wrote: »
    Totally off topic sorry OP,but I just love the green eyes/red hair combination Reagan is rocking there,gorgeous!

@Girkl Thank you! Reagan inherited her red hair/green eyes from her grandmother :)
  • Options
    Rikizzia wrote: »
    she could have alot of babies then hate them

@Rikizzia Well, that could never be Reagan. She has three kids and she loves them more than anything. Reagan had a hard time growing up with a cold and distant mother and she made for sure she didn't turn out like that. Thankfully Reagan and her mother, Apollonia are on good terms now. :)
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    I've had this trouble myself, particularly with my steampunk inventor & lover of junkyards, Matilda, who is "partnered" with Finn, my fisherman / surfer / beach bum.
    Technically they don't live together because she lives in Twinbrook and he in Sunlit Tides. Because I "roleplay" my characters, much like you do, I'm unable to decide where they should live, so they can't have a family or even be together at the moment :(

It makes me a bit sad and lessens my enthusiasm for playing them separately, as I've been anxious for them to leave some kind of "legacy" in my game. Wherever they go, I want them to feel as if they belong there, not just be somewhere I transplanted them for the sake of it.

Er, anyway, yes, I know just how you feel. There are plenty of custom careers out there that would probably suit your sim. Missy makes awesome careers, she created a Museum Curator career for my adventuring WA sim who collects antiques and relics, and I wrote the job level descriptions for her.
    I think event planner would suit your sim well. No doubt she would have certainly been exposed to high parties and events, and would know just how they should be planned and how she could put her personal spin on it.

@Pary

I definitely get you. Steampunk culture seems interesting. I like westerns that feature it. What world do you think will fit a steampunk inventor best? There are certain towns, I can't see certain Sims of mine living in. Reagan wouldn't do well in a farming town, but rather a big city or a beautiful tropical island like IP (where my story is based) or ST where she currently lives. I have other Sims who love living in Riverview and towns like AS.

I was checking out her custom careers last night. I downloaded the museum curator career, not for Reagan, but maybe for her artist sister who is a self-emplyed painter. Thanks for the feedback. :)
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Reagan Leeds: Run The World.
    Why not own the world?
    Buy shares, or own all the businesses, then hire and fire as you please.

Or have her go totally downhill, turn her into a recluse, who dumpsterdives. Maybe do a little jail time... oooh, become a criminal. Sometimes, all that fame drives a person crazy.

@Movotti LOL @ dumpster diving. Reagan's sister an artist likes to do that. Reagan has to protect her legacy, I can see her with a beautiful mugshot, but she wouldn't do a day in jail. :D
  • Options
    Most divas end up in the Fashion Career giving others makeovers.Divas are all about spreading the "Fabulous" vibe everywhere and she needs to pack her bags and move to Sunset Valley.The story wrote itself "Former model turns the town" News at 11:00.SV is in deperate need of a trained diva who can make them look somewhat human.Being a base game it has the worst clothes and hairs and recolors of patterns on the Sims 3 planet.

@CravenLestat You stinker! LOL :D Maybe one of my other Sims can be tasked to makeover the townies in SV.

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    she could also be offered to host a TV show, unfortunately that was a journalism top level in TS1
    in TS3 there is just the Star News Anchor position available
    you could cheat her journalism level 10 cause with so much money, already famous writer, charismatic, beautiful & diva, she surely wouldn't need to work her way up to the top :smirk:

or maybe it suits her better The Socialite Career, custom made at MTS <<<
    here too right away level 10, so she doesn't need to suffer under any boss :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Thanks for linking this as I wasn't aware of this site. Do these careers work with the 1.69 update? She refers to Twallan's Careers Mod; is that the same as the NRaas one?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @lasummerb She's absolutely fabulous. Take that divine gal and have her marry for money and then arrange "accidents" so that she can marry again and again.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    She could become a novelist; writing Romances with herself as the main character (names changed to protect the innocent).
  • Options
    Keth wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

Thanks for linking this as I wasn't aware of this site. Do these careers work with the 1.69 update? She refers to Twallan's Careers Mod; is that the same as the NRaas one?

@Keth Twallan's and NRAAS is the same. As far as MissyHissy's custom careers, they may work w/ patch 1.69, read the description for the career you're interested in. :)

• Options
    @lasummerb She's absolutely fabulous. Take that divine gal and have her marry for money and then arrange "accidents" so that she can marry again and again.

@PHOEBESMOM601 Thanks! LOL, well Reagan and her husband are already rich. She loves him so much. They'll never break up :D<3