Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some complaints I really want to say

Comments

• Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't understand why people complain that TS4 is not like TS2 or 3? If TS4 was exactly the same as 2 and 3, what's the point of it?

From my perspective it appears to be no different from or less than the first two versions and I'd speculate that the visual similarities were intended as sentimental references. The neighborhood layouts, appearances, and 'emotional' behavior are similar to those of the first version, the gameplay and zone design are similar to the second version. It would seem that their intention was to re-start the franchise with current technologies and they've succeeded.

That's an insult to the the sims 1.I thought the sims 3 messed up the franchise no it's 4.It's just not the best sims game and even when it's over people will look back and remember the sims 4 for being this mess they created but some can look past it.They can put all the lipstick on the pigs and it's still not up to par with the sims 1.It's very different from 1,2,and 3 it would have been great as an console game.

*spelling mistakes
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I think the problem falls of the ages of the people working on the game.Or influencing the devs to release this kind of stuff.When i was a preteen they released the sims 2 university and guess what we got what they released and it was awesome.Now people want choices for everything and that's not good because they are releasing almost one sided content.I think the franchise is over

I have to agree with you. It's hard to find any topic here that deals with new content that a few, if not many, posts follow with I don't want that in my game....I want options. What did people do in the past any way? Played the game as is or modded it.

I have to say I felt really bad for the devs this past week. People have been asking for more NPCs and they sent in the clown......what followed was post after post complaining about it "messing up their game" or "I didn't want that, I wanted this". They are trying to add things to the game and they get the short end of the stick again. Granted I don't always agree with what they do add....simply because I would have preferred something different......or they go overboard....but they could stop trying to add things at all.

Well to be honest, that was a ridiculous half-baked NPC to add. We're missing piolice and firemen and a host of other more important things and they give us a clown. I would be mad, too.

Like I said I'm not always happy with what they add or or the way it's done....but getting something new is better than nothing new. It means they are listening.

Personally I like the clown...I just wish they would have made him more tragic and less lame.......yes I said lame.

Two of my Sims bought the painting and the clown appeared. He made them a little sad for awhile, juggled and finally just left. Again I was ...is that it?

Ts4 TC is lame. And it's tragic that it's both a boy/girl in different games. Where are the real npc's ?! Where are the devs heads lol

• Options
    I don't understand why people complain that TS4 is not like TS2 or 3? If TS4 was exactly the same as 2 and 3, what's the point of it?

From my perspective it appears to be no different from or less than the first two versions and I'd speculate that the visual similarities were intended as sentimental references. The neighborhood layouts, appearances, and 'emotional' behavior are similar to those of the first version, the gameplay and zone design are similar to the second version. It would seem that their intention was to re-start the franchise with current technologies and they've succeeded.

That's an insult the the sims 1.I thought the sims 3 messed up the franchise no it's 4.It's just not the best sims game and even when it's over people will look back and remember the sims 4 for being this mess they created but some can look past it.They can put all the lipstick on the pigs and it's still not up to par with the sims 1.It's very different from 1,2,and 3 it would have been great as an console game.

And by restart the franchise you are correct cause aint no coming back from this train wreck.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I think the problem falls of the ages of the people working on the game.Or influencing the devs to release this kind of stuff.When i was a preteen they released the sims 2 university and guess what we got what they released and it was awesome.Now people want choices for everything and that's not good because they are releasing almost one sided content.I think the franchise is over

I have to agree with you. It's hard to find any topic here that deals with new content that a few, if not many, posts follow with I don't want that in my game....I want options. What did people do in the past any way? Played the game as is or modded it.

I have to say I felt really bad for the devs this past week. People have been asking for more NPCs and they sent in the clown......what followed was post after post complaining about it "messing up their game" or "I didn't want that, I wanted this". They are trying to add things to the game and they get the short end of the stick again. Granted I don't always agree with what they do add....simply because I would have preferred something different......or they go overboard....but they could stop trying to add things at all.

Well to be honest, that was a ridiculous half-baked NPC to add. We're missing piolice and firemen and a host of other more important things and they give us a clown. I would be mad, too.

Like I said I'm not always happy with what they add or or the way it's done....but getting something new is better than nothing new. It means they are listening.

Personally I like the clown...I just wish they would have made him more tragic and less lame.......yes I said lame.

Two of my Sims bought the painting and the clown appeared. He made them a little sad for awhile, juggled and finally just left. Again I was ...is that it?

Ts4 TC is lame. And it's tragic that it's both a boy/girl in different games. Where are the real npc's ?! Where are the devs heads lol

After they had added a true NPC for the grow fruit challenge I was hoping the clown would be the same.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Like I said, half-baked.

I never really cared about these types of NPCs. They were designed to annoy the crap out of you in TS1 and not want to let your sims be depressed again. But they also added in features that were hilarious. Like couldn't you slap him to make him happy? Or I think I used to hire clown catchers. There was more depth to the character, which made the experience memorable.

But personally, I would prefer to have the services and burglars back before any of this side stuff.
  • Options

After they had added a true NPC for the grow fruit challenge I was hoping the clown would be the same.

This game is just all over the place :/

• Options
    edited May 2016

Like I said, half-baked.

I never really cared about these types of NPCs. They were designed to annoy the crap out of you in TS1 and not want to let your sims be depressed again. But they also added in features that were hilarious. Like couldn't you slap him to make him happy? Or I think I used to hire clown catchers. There was more depth to the character, which made the experience memorable.

But personally, I would prefer to have the services and burglars back before any of this side stuff.

They live in utopias lol i don't think these sims will ever get robbed :fearful: There's no seriousness in it ugh

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016

Like I said, half-baked.

They live in utopias lol i don't think these sims will ever get robbed :fearful: There's no seriousness in it ugh

Exactly one of my issues with TS4, even dying is too hard in this game... it's like you can't even loose which makes it no fun.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Like I said, half-baked.

Exactly one of my issues with TS4, even dying is too hard in this game... it's like you can't even loose which makes it no fun.

Yes i don't know what they were thinking with this gumdrop land game.It's too fluffy lol what kind of sims game doesn't allow you to kill off sims easily ?? That was the core from the start !

• Options

Like I said, half-baked.

Yes i don't know what they were thinking with this gumdrop land game.It's too fluffy lol what kind of sims game doesn't allow you to kill off sims easily ?? That was the core from the start !

That's the challenge. LoL
  • Options

Like I said, half-baked.

That's the challenge. LoL

Well challenge failed.Blasphemy is what it is !

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Neia wrote: »

I understood the "drama" as both the positive and the negative one. Personally I tend to play more with the happy side and I'm not that much into the deviance gameplay, so that's not something that I'm missing all that much. I like the Hot Headed trait, or the Sad/Angry/Tensed emotion though, so I would say I like the negative drama of the day-to-day life. I think there's room to explore drama in the family/couple, and tensions in relationships. It's a bit too much all or nothing at the moment, like caricatural mean vs ever happy (it's rather hard to have couple drama unless you purposedly choose mean interaction for example), I think there's room in between. Perhaps I could do something with the clubs though, I'm going to try this.

Uncomfortable boosting negative isn't enough in my experience to really change the game. I mean, you need to have a negative moodlet in the first place for it to have any kind of effect and these negative moodlets are not that common. The problem isn't uncomfortable overriding negative in my mind (which would be changed with this mod), it's more the general balance between positive/negative moodlets.

I think it would be interesting to test if removing all the easy to get +1 happy moodlets and making them +1 fine, only boosting other positive emotion would be better, like a more generic mood, it could include unconfortable as -1 fine basically, which would work a bit more like the previous mood system. And making Happy an emotion you have to work for, and only gained with some big happy event. I have a feeling there's just too many things granting +1 happy at the moment (environment being the main culprit, but not the only one). But that would mean quite a lot of ressources to mod and I haven't find the patience to do it so far ;)
    True, but I think emotions do need to be balanced out more because yeah the happy moodlets tend to overpower many of the traits and emotions. I think there is room for improvement as well. The jealous and insane trait I feel are both on the weaker side. I agree about the other traits you mentioned working pretty well. Yeah I don't blame you. I'm surprised even Zerbu had time to do the mods that he does. It must take a lot of time, work, and patience for you and I've used some of your mods before. I'd prefer if Gurus could find ways to improve emotions just because emotions are supposed to be such a big feature for the game. I want them to work well both for positive and negative emotions. But yes deviance is one of my many play styles I like to enjoy. I agree reactions still need improvements as well.

It does upset me how some of the deaths are so rare especially electrocution.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »

I understood the "drama" as both the positive and the negative one. Personally I tend to play more with the happy side and I'm not that much into the deviance gameplay, so that's not something that I'm missing all that much. I like the Hot Headed trait, or the Sad/Angry/Tensed emotion though, so I would say I like the negative drama of the day-to-day life. I think there's room to explore drama in the family/couple, and tensions in relationships. It's a bit too much all or nothing at the moment, like caricatural mean vs ever happy (it's rather hard to have couple drama unless you purposedly choose mean interaction for example), I think there's room in between. Perhaps I could do something with the clubs though, I'm going to try this.

Uncomfortable boosting negative isn't enough in my experience to really change the game. I mean, you need to have a negative moodlet in the first place for it to have any kind of effect and these negative moodlets are not that common. The problem isn't uncomfortable overriding negative in my mind (which would be changed with this mod), it's more the general balance between positive/negative moodlets.

I think it would be interesting to test if removing all the easy to get +1 happy moodlets and making them +1 fine, only boosting other positive emotion would be better, like a more generic mood, it could include unconfortable as -1 fine basically, which would work a bit more like the previous mood system. And making Happy an emotion you have to work for, and only gained with some big happy event. I have a feeling there's just too many things granting +1 happy at the moment (environment being the main culprit, but not the only one). But that would mean quite a lot of ressources to mod and I haven't find the patience to do it so far ;)
    True, but I think emotions do need to be balanced out more because yeah the happy moodlets tend to overpower many of the traits and emotions. I think there is room for improvement as well. The jealous and insane trait I feel are both on the weaker side. I agree about the other traits you mentioned working pretty well. Yeah I don't blame you. I'm surprised even Zerbu had time to do the mods that he does. It must take a lot of time, work, and patience for you and I've used some of your mods before. I'd prefer if Gurus could find ways to improve emotions just because emotions are supposed to be such a big feature for the game. I want them to work well both for positive and negative emotions. But yes deviance is one of my many play styles I like to enjoy. I agree reactions still need improvements as well.

It does upset me how some of the deaths are so rare especially electrocution.

I doubt they are going to change heavily what is already there, because there are people who are fine with the way it is most likely. So I think they are going to add more things to the mix instead. I was afraid new EPs would add only more positive moodlets, but so far it has turned out pretty good, and we've had new negative moodlets too.

We'll see what they'll have in store for the next EPs, perhaps they'll add some content that will expand the not-so-happy side of life too. It will be interesting to see how they'll iterate on the emotions system if there's a TS5, which is where we might see the most changes.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Pary wrote: »

Of course it is. Here's a broom so you don't have to wear yourself out while you hold up the rug.

Oh, and, here's a quote from the Sims 3 forum (yes, it does exist afterall, who knew?!). Name removed as I'm only quoting for the sentiments expressed and calling out people is against the rules: (Again, who knew, right?)

"Isn't It about time to go force some more Sims 4 folks to wander down here to the dungeon.
    With any luck ... They will get lost in the woods and cannot find their way back home.
    I mean they aren't good for much and they whine a lot ... But it keeps the post count up and the section open."

And I'm not paraphrasing, just so we're clear. You can find it easily in 3's GD section. Unless the poster edits it after this.

Why am I posting that when it came from there instead of here? Because here it'd be cause to get someone in jail and or banned, that's why. Hence why everyone who feels the same way as that quote hides under a poisoned vile of "feedback" here. And yes, I reported it when I found it, for whatever that matters. But it's there because, just like a number of other people who give 'feedback' around here, it presents the same context and tone, only openly. It even mentions how 'it keeps the post count up' for the Sims 3 forum, again suggesting many people post here instead of there out of some idea that they won't be 'heard' there, despite most people who actually want to hear them reside there.

But what do I know, right? It's all in my head. I don't expect the people who should hear this to bother listening to it. I doubt I'm the first or last to mention all this anyway. Frankly, I don't even have to mention names regardless. They make it self evident who they are. But someone has to say it.

As to what happened in this thread that caused this mess? Sure, the new poster mistakenly made some claim. I get it, we all make mistakes. And sure, they were corrected. Twice on page one. Okay, fine, done deal.

And then they were corrected 15 more times through the rest of the thread, until gurudrake stepped in. Oh, and if we count your (Pary) correction on top of that, there's 16 times. To one single person. In the same thread.

Yup. Totally, blatently false idea in my head. Came up with it all on my own! :D Give me a break.

I didn't correct the user. I merely made a statement that the supposed opinion wasn't actually an opinion, but had been presented as a fact, and actually wasn't, thus deserving of correction as it was false information. Your inability to interpret that isn't my problem.

Secondly, lumping everyone who doesn't like the game into some sort of persecution clique designed to hunt down all lovers of TS4 and make them into scapegoats based on one remark as an example is, frankly, laughable. Scapegoats for what?

Isn't that the kind of thing you're always protesting about? Not slapping people with labels such as "True Simmers" ? But it's okay for you to be making a sweeping generalisation that all people who dislike the game see or use everyone who does as scapegoats, as well as promote the already chasm wide segregation between people, by trying to dictate what should and shouldn't be posted in what section, and that players should keep to their "own iterations section". Please.
    You're just as bad as all the people you profess are poisonous or vile, with your constant snide remarks that help contribute to the very acrimony you're always complaining about.

How do you know that's how they see you? Have you asked every single user here on the boards?
    I certainly didn't get the "scapegoat" survey. No one asked me.

Yes,the notion that everyone wants to set TS4 lovers up as scapegoats IS all in your head. There are the odd trolls around here that just make ridiculous and inane statements, but if you could see past your own imagined persecution you'd realise that plenty of people here share their enjoyment of more than one iteration between themselves without managing to tie themselves up in knots of some supposed systematic mistreatment of one another.
    Stop projecting onto everyone else.

And you can keep your broom. I'd like to tell you what to do with it, but that would be inappropriate.

I agree 100% with this, I did not get the memo as well, so no clue why this is said, cause I do not feel like I am attacking or doing anything to anyone else in the forums except state my opinions about the Sims 4 or 3 or 2 or 1, anyway Happy Simming to ya all, oh one more thing, ya I also agree with the broom theory, but glad I did not have to say so, :).
    Arletta wrote: »
    Quite frankly, I don't know whether to be amused or ashamed of you all. You're behaving atrociously.

Simple fact: The rules state, and the guru has reminded us, that anybody, be they veteran or new player, is entitled to their opinion.

The reminder was not so we could debate the point nor the one of how we treat each other. Pull yourselves together and get back on topic. Stop being disrespectful to each other and the staff.

I also agree with this as well, yup, :)
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Mezinka wrote: »
    I think she was agreeing with the OP. :)

Whoops, I apologize, I may have misunderstood what she was trying to say. I apologize @Olivesplum06 if I misunderstood you.

Whether you mean to or not, it is pretty rude to tell someone they don't belong in a thread on a public forum. And I believe, against the rules (waits for @Scobre to post the rules, :p ).

I didn't say she doesn't belong here, I just said that maybe this discussion isn't the best one for her. It's like joining Chemistry conversation with a group of Chemistry majors and then saying "Well, I only took chemistry 101 in highschool, so x,y,z..."

The Sims is a far cry from Chemistry and my point still stands. It's a public forum and she's welcome in whatever thread she decides to join. Just because she disagrees with the majority opinion on the thread doesn't mean she should avoid it. What you're saying here suggests that she's not qualified to join in because she didn't play all the same games. It's not a very polite thing to do.

She isn't qualified. She proved it by saying she has no idea what we are talking about...and on top of that, she said a feature that was in TS1 wasn't.

Anyone is welcome to join the conversation, but will you really add anything to the conversation if you don't know what anyone is talking about?

I think it's perfectly clear what people are talking about. It's been explained in painful detail. This is actually one of those attitudes that adds to the divisiveness of the fandom because it makes it sound like people who have played the game from the get-go somehow have a more valid opinion than those who haven't. If someone thinks a person who skipped one or two of the games doesn't understand, I'm sure the details can be explained (as they were) without suggesting to someone that they aren't welcome or that their opinion isn't as valid simply because they haven't played the same games.

Thank you ebuchala, I think Mstybl95 is just being rude because she doesn't like what I've said (or it's just going over her head).
  • Options

Whoops, I apologize, I may have misunderstood what she was trying to say. I apologize @Olivesplum06 if I misunderstood you.

Whether you mean to or not, it is pretty rude to tell someone they don't belong in a thread on a public forum. And I believe, against the rules (waits for @Scobre to post the rules, :p ).

I didn't say she doesn't belong here, I just said that maybe this discussion isn't the best one for her. It's like joining Chemistry conversation with a group of Chemistry majors and then saying "Well, I only took chemistry 101 in highschool, so x,y,z..."

The Sims is a far cry from Chemistry and my point still stands. It's a public forum and she's welcome in whatever thread she decides to join. Just because she disagrees with the majority opinion on the thread doesn't mean she should avoid it. What you're saying here suggests that she's not qualified to join in because she didn't play all the same games. It's not a very polite thing to do.

She isn't qualified. She proved it by saying she has no idea what we are talking about...and on top of that, she said a feature that was in TS1 wasn't.

Anyone is welcome to join the conversation, but will you really add anything to the conversation if you don't know what anyone is talking about?

I think it's perfectly clear what people are talking about. It's been explained in painful detail. This is actually one of those attitudes that adds to the divisiveness of the fandom because it makes it sound like people who have played the game from the get-go somehow have a more valid opinion than those who haven't. If someone thinks a person who skipped one or two of the games doesn't understand, I'm sure the details can be explained (as they were) without suggesting to someone that they aren't welcome or that their opinion isn't as valid simply because they haven't played the same games.

Thank you ebuchala, I think Mstybl95 is just being rude because she doesn't like what I've said (or it's just going over her head).

You mean spreading misinformation and me correcting you?
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    The emotions are a huge mess, just basically a trigger button when around with/interacting with certain objects. Even with certain traits, there isn't good individualism.. Everyone kinda seems the same. Did you know in TS2 they had their own interests, favorite hobby, turn offs and ons, personality points, memories, unique lifetime wants, a special aspiration/ secondary aspiration which dictated their wants and fears.. This is what makes up a Sim. But how would someone, who has never played this or even TS3 know that you once could have all of this?
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    This is like if you were to grow up eating gourmet burgers, the best of the best, then having someone drop a Mcdonalds Mcdouble in front of you and say, "eat it" The people who'd never had any other burgers before would have a better chance of liking it than someone who grew up on the good stuff (And yes, I am a little hungry...)
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member

You mean spreading misinformation and me correcting you?

My internet has been down for 5 days and I've just come back to all this. I can't believe how many times I've been personally attacked on this thread just for giving an opinion. I never realised I had to pass a validity or credibility test, or that I wasn't qualified to be allowed to post on this thread, so do accept my apologies. But thank you for allowing me to join in the conversation, I didn't realise I needed your permission. But please don't put words in my mouth. I never said TS1 didn't have terrain tools, and I never claimed TS4 to be the best game out.

To all the other posters who actually explained the reasons why they didn't agree with what I posted, thank you for taking the time to explain and not personally attack me. And thank you to all the posters who stood up for me against the bullies.

I won't be posting anything else on this thread.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    HEY! You! Yes, you! Remember this!

If someone either remembers something incorrectly, or they believe something else when in actuality is not true, the first thing to do is to either a) Explain the actual fact and post sources to it to allow them to learn about it, or b) Ignore the person and allow someone else to correct them.

What you should not do is talk about how little they know without actually helping them or linking them to places where they can learn about it themselves.

Example: Poster A posted about X, but was incorrect in what they remembered about X, thinking that it was Y.

Poster B should tell Poster A about X, linking them to sources so that they are no longer misinformed about X and to disconnect it from Y.

Easy, right? So follow it. Doesn't apply to opinions though, let people have them.

EDIT: Oh by the way, don't call me a nanny or say "you're not a moderator." All I'm doing is saying what needs to be said.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    sophtastic wrote: »

[beginning of quote] @bbeatifulboy said: I have played Sims for 10 years and it is the only game that I have played for such a long time.
    The main reason I love this game is because I can design and build different styles of houses. In sims2 and sims3, I can use terrain tools, I can build indoor foundation, I can create curved swimming pool, I can use color wheel, I can build garage,
    1:I can place an elevator or spiral stairs
    , and so on.
    Now, all these features are removed in Sims 4! And still none of them has come back after more than one year waiting.
    2:We are always asking for something, but EA always make other things.
    So many times, I could see millions of posts in this forum crying for toddlers. But till now, it is still unknown whether toddler will comeback after EA has released lots of SP, EP, and GP.
    I totally have no idea what EA is thinking, now, I have lost so much confidence for what I could expect from future packs. I have uninstalled this game yesterday and don't know whether I will play it again. Maybe I should spend less time on playing sims4.
    [end of quote]
    1: spiral staircases and elevators came with E/G/SPs in Sims 3, not in the base game like your words suggest they should be in the Sims 4 base game. Spiral staircases came with generations and high-end loft stuff (I'm pretty sure only those), and elevators came with Late Night which was quite a late-on EP. They still might come in Sims 4, but remember that Sims 3 is finito now, and Sims 4 is still only 1.5 years old. Sims 3 had five and a bit years to grow and evolve, and Sims 4 isn't even half way there yet.

2: there are so many simmers out in the world, and EA are gonna struggle to make everyone happy, because that's the impossible. We might think the majority of players want toddlers, and I'm not saying I don't - because I SO TOTALLY DO SO TOTALLY BAD - but if they can see how many people are downloading what on the gallery and how well cafes went down in Get Together and how much people adored restaurants in Sims 2 etc., they're most likely going to add them back in despite some people wanting other things. They can't possibly make everyone happy, or respond to everything, and although we all hate they're silly hush-hush protocol about future E/G/SPs, I don't mind.

I recommend you play Sims 3/2 until they bring out something you really want to play with, if those are the games you enjoy more. I think the only way they'll keep customers (at this time) is by keeping secrecy, and it also makes us so much more excited when something does come.

Happy Simming, whichever game you play o:)
    Elevators came when the game was a year old. Spiral stairs for Sims 4 will come in september. Which could be very well possible because I think if there's one thing Sims 4 fans can't complain about it's added stuff.
    There are posts in this thread that I would give a dozen awesomes to and others that I just think...what the plum?

I will say one thing...it's amusing the way arguments flip flop here. It used to be TS4 fans said that if you hadn't played the game how could anyone possibly critique it. Now I see the argument that if you haven't played TS2 or 3 it's okay to judge them.
    Too bad I can only awesome this post once ;)
    Hello everyone!

Your friendly reminder that no matter if you've played the Sims since Day 1 or just joined the series with The Sims 4 it does not make your opinion more or less valid than other members.

Thanks!
    Is this a forum rule or.... your opinion?

Please check out our etiquette guidelines: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest These apply to the entire forums, not just General Discussion. So yes, this is a rule. Also, as someone who not only works with the game team but is a "veteran" of the series as well I find veteran and new player opinions to be on the same level.

You can comment on things you miss from previous iterations that you'd like to see in this one but those who love this version are also welcome to say that they don't want that thing that you miss even if they haven't played with that feature themselves; you could also end up inspiring that first time Sims player to want that feature you miss from previous iterations but if they see "veterans" saying that because they haven't played the previous iterations they shouldn't comment on the feature how is the team to know that this is of interest to all players?

*The statement of "you" is in general to illustrate my points"
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

[beginning of quote] @bbeatifulboy said: I have played Sims for 10 years and it is the only game that I have played for such a long time.
    The main reason I love this game is because I can design and build different styles of houses. In sims2 and sims3, I can use terrain tools, I can build indoor foundation, I can create curved swimming pool, I can use color wheel, I can build garage,
    , and so on.
    Now, all these features are removed in Sims 4! And still none of them has come back after more than one year waiting.
    So many times, I could see millions of posts in this forum crying for toddlers. But till now, it is still unknown whether toddler will comeback after EA has released lots of SP, EP, and GP.
    I totally have no idea what EA is thinking, now, I have lost so much confidence for what I could expect from future packs. I have uninstalled this game yesterday and don't know whether I will play it again. Maybe I should spend less time on playing sims4.
    [end of quote]
    1: spiral staircases and elevators came with E/G/SPs in Sims 3, not in the base game like your words suggest they should be in the Sims 4 base game. Spiral staircases came with generations and high-end loft stuff (I'm pretty sure only those), and elevators came with Late Night which was quite a late-on EP. They still might come in Sims 4, but remember that Sims 3 is finito now, and Sims 4 is still only 1.5 years old. Sims 3 had five and a bit years to grow and evolve, and Sims 4 isn't even half way there yet.

2: there are so many simmers out in the world, and EA are gonna struggle to make everyone happy, because that's the impossible. We might think the majority of players want toddlers, and I'm not saying I don't - because I SO TOTALLY DO SO TOTALLY BAD - but if they can see how many people are downloading what on the gallery and how well cafes went down in Get Together and how much people adored restaurants in Sims 2 etc., they're most likely going to add them back in despite some people wanting other things. They can't possibly make everyone happy, or respond to everything, and although we all hate they're silly hush-hush protocol about future E/G/SPs, I don't mind.

I recommend you play Sims 3/2 until they bring out something you really want to play with, if those are the games you enjoy more. I think the only way they'll keep customers (at this time) is by keeping secrecy, and it also makes us so much more excited when something does come.

Elevators came when the game was a year old. Spiral stairs for Sims 4 will come in september. Which could be very well possible because I think if there's one thing Sims 4 fans can't complain about it's added stuff.
    There are posts in this thread that I would give a dozen awesomes to and others that I just think...what the plum?

I will say one thing...it's amusing the way arguments flip flop here. It used to be TS4 fans said that if you hadn't played the game how could anyone possibly critique it. Now I see the argument that if you haven't played TS2 or 3 it's okay to judge them.
    Hello everyone!

Your friendly reminder that no matter if you've played the Sims since Day 1 or just joined the series with The Sims 4 it does not make your opinion more or less valid than other members.

Thanks!

Please check out our etiquette guidelines: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest These apply to the entire forums, not just General Discussion. So yes, this is a rule. Also, as someone who not only works with the game team but is a "veteran" of the series as well I find veteran and new player opinions to be on the same level.

You can comment on things you miss from previous iterations that you'd like to see in this one but those who love this version are also welcome to say that they don't want that thing that you miss even if they haven't played with that feature themselves; you could also end up inspiring that first time Sims player to want that feature you miss from previous iterations but if they see "veterans" saying that because they haven't played the previous iterations they shouldn't comment on the feature how is the team to know that this is of interest to all players?

But it wasn't meant in that context. Like, honestly, how can one comment on ANY subject if they don't know any thing about it. A person wouldn't go into NASA and state Pluto wasn't called Pluto but called something else altogether. It would be false.

I can only speak for myself but I wasn't telling anybody their opinion wasn't welcome. I was merely stating that one cannot simply comment on something they know nothing about. Especially when they state it as fact, when it's not.

That's all.

P.S: am I free to say that all this petty moderation and PC nonsense is also becoming ridiculous. Like, soon we won't even be able to say hello in fear of offending somebody. It's just silly.

--T
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

, and so on.
    [end of quote]

Hello everyone!

Thanks!

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. I wasn't referring to a (not existent, at least not in this topic) question whether everyone can have an opinion about this game. In fact that's exactly what I stated after the comment you quoted here. The question here however was: can people who have never played the predecessors have an opinion about those previous games in relation to the newest one. My opinion is they can't. And that's an opinion I'm entitled to because I can back it up. That opinion has nothing to do with forum rules. I'll quote my arguments again.
    That's not the issue here. Of course everyone's opinion about Sims 4 is valid, I think the fresh perspective of newbies is even very valuable. But as soon as the comparison to older games comes in, people who don't know the old games just have a disadvantage. And this is coming from a Sims 3 newbie who has played Sims 1 and 2 briefly but still feels she can't have a real opinion about those games. I played them too briefly, I have no idea what the in depth mechanics of those games are. Not after playing one for five hours and the other for about a month.
    I was referring to what PHOEBESMOM601 was mentioning, Sims 4 fans saying you can't judge the game if you haven't played it. I've actually always agreed with that statement. You can't. I was much more negative about Sims 2 sims untill I played them. I thought they were really ugly, untill I felt the dynamics of my own sims in the game myself. If I'd never played Sims 2 I'd think a loading screen is a loading screen. Now i know it's not. For me a loading screen accompanied by driving/walking off sims and a fitting backdrop is a different experience. Same with Sims 4. In fact I was much more negative about the game before I played it myself. I enjoyed playing it, just not enough to let Sims 3 go. For me the game is too limited for that. But it's the very reason I still hang in here, hoping future content will give me a reason to play again.
    Can't imagine I'm breaking any forum rules there. Just saying you can't judge a book by its cover.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »
    I feel like whoever is/are moderating these discussions are only disciplining the ones dissatisfied with the game (at least that's what I've seen). There are SEVERAL people on here that break forum rules (bullying, name calling, flamebaiting, etc.), and they are mainly simmers who LOVE this game and feel the need to defend it no matter how many people they hurt and criticize! I have a whole mental list of who the trolls are, who has said something nasty, etc. I've also noted when a player, who loves the game, attacks a person (even if that person made a simple statement) most of the scolding is directed to the person who just made that simple statement (and I'm not talking about statements with name calling in it either) and not the person that went on the attack!

I, and maybe some others, may sometimes feel the need to defend someone because it seems like certain people (and I'm not talking about ALL who love this game. There are some that are very nice and respectable JUST LIKE there are some disappointed players that are nice and respectable) get away with breaking forum rules; mainly, telling those who may not like the game to basically shut.....up! People will sometimes defend fans of TS4, but who's defending us who are not happy? <---This is the part of the reason why it feels like the community has become the "us vs them" mentality. I sometimes feel discriminated against by some of the community and devs. I already get discriminated against enough, thanks. I've tried reporting a few people before and it just doesn't seem to work. And the many should not be punished because of the few. That FEW should face their own separate scolding, while leaving the rest to discuss the topic peacefully. Whatever happen to that discipline thread that everyone got to participate in in the General Discussion area? The one where it seemed like the community could give feedback on forum etiquette? I'm repeating myself, and I'm not being listened to.

Of course, no matter what forum you go to, there will always be at least someone that is mean or have different ideals as you. It's called "being a part of planet EARTH!" People are not going to act like how you want them to act. Being pc or acting as a sjw is actually away of CONTROLLING and CONFINING someone to fit YOUR standards and not their own. It's kinda how some bullies and abusers operate (not calling anyone names, just the analyst coming out of me).

And, I understand that devs and staffers are human, but you guys are a part of a business. I am TIRED of seeing what are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS (I keep saying this) tapping into their feelings and becoming easily offended. Your emoshuns should not keep you from communicating with us nor should you go into a defense mode when someone says something really mean :'( Your fans are frustrated and are tried of waiting. It's like waiting in line for several minutes (in this case years, including when TS4 was first announced) for your enhanced sammich only to find out there's no tomato, lettuce, mayo, bacon, the employee changed the cheese to blue cheese (because of management) and you still have to pay full price for the ultimate sandwich even though you were never informed or didn't need to/never had to do research on the sandwich you're used to buying (btw, this is NOT comparing "apples to oranges (although you can compare the two since they're both fruit, food, etc.)" this is called "Imagery"-which means I'm making my point relatable, stronger, and a lot of writers use this mechanism for their works!). People. Are. Fed. Up. And NOT EVERYONE buys ALL of the extra content. Some of this extra content does not appeal to EVERYONE. This forum is pretty tame compared to other gaming forums. If you're getting easily offended here, and not on the dreaded social media where people are literally cursing you out, then all hope is lost for everyone.

As a 'friend' (made in reference to another forum by a guru) and a fan, listen/read, retain, put forth action. 'Friends' don't ignore each other :) Bottom line, certain people are getting away with breaking rules, it's not the many but the few, grow thicker skin when someone has a different opinion or a complaint, nothing is perfect and the word for the *ahem* YEAR for EA and Maxis is "Professionalism" (wonder if Sesame Street did a segment on this word?)
    (inspired by the "FUN" song from Spongebob)
    P is for people working together,
    R is for retaining information!
    O is for...aw frig it! Ya get the point!

Just my complaints I really want to say.

Just.... Awesome.

--T
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top