Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some complaints I really want to say

Comments

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I want grilled asparagus now...
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

There was something with purple asparagus earlier, which I think was an analogy, but I just remember the unusual color.
    Yeah thread is starting to make me hungry. One mention of food especially purple and I'm hooked. XD Speaking about, I wonder if the restaurant pack will have any purple veggies?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

There was something with purple asparagus earlier, which I think was an analogy, but I just remember the unusual color.
    Yeah thread is starting to make me hungry. One mention of food especially purple and I'm hooked. XD Speaking about, I wonder if the restaurant pack will have any purple veggies?

There will be new recipes, so maybe that's one of them, depending on how many recipes they make. I wonder if they'll also add new harvestables with the pack, considering the food.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016

There will be new recipes, so maybe that's one of them, depending on how many recipes they make. I wonder if they'll also add new harvestables with the pack, considering the food.
    Maybe. It would be cool if they did. Like pineapple, plums, peaches, raspberry, mango, starfruit, peas, apricots, artichokes, asparagus, avocado, rhubarb, melons, beets, corn, cucumber, cauliflower, ginger, garlic, turnips, yams, oranges, grapefruit, luau, squash, or zucchini.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    So are folks supposed to pay for, what they feel are, inferior products for the hopes that TS5 will be any better?

Because a lot of people tried that with TS3 packs. And look at how that turned out.

And I see nothing at all about the comment Joanne65 stated. The one I responded to. Why does it always have to be so one sided? How come she wasn't called out for her comment? Where is the outrage for that?

I only read your post, and did not realize you were taking a jab at what they were saying.

Really, this whole "us vs them" mentality is petty and useless. Love TS4 or hate it, everybody has different views and you really can't group even two people in one category.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Maybe. It would be cool if they did. Like pineapple, plums, peaches, raspberry, mango, starfruit, peas, apricots, artichokes, asparagus, avocado, rhubarb, melons, beets, corn, cucumber, cauliflower, ginger, garlic, turnips, yams, oranges, grapefruit, luau, squash, or zucchini.

That would indeed be nice, I’ve always liked gardening in The Sims, and I tend to keep a single instance of every plant (that is true for other collectibles too). However, before adding new plants they should fix the problem with shrinking harvestables, sometimes it happens, sometimes not, and it’s annoying when it does. I know I can enlarge them in build mode, but it’s tedious to do it each time when I want to use harvestables as decorations.

As for valid/invalid opinions, of course everyone’s opinion is valid regardless of everything, and they can freely post it here as long as they follow the forum rules. But, not everything is an opinion. If someone says “TS4 is great” and someone else says “TS4 is boring”, they’re expressing their opinions and that is fine, neither of them is wrong or right, they’re just different. However, if someone says that there are no terrain tools in TS1, it’s stating a fact, not an opinion, which isn’t true and should be corrected. I wouldn’t really say that people who didn’t play past games shouldn’t say anything about them, they can, and they can post wrong things about them, and those things should be corrected, then that person knows more about those games and that’s a good thing. If someone posts things that aren’t true no-one should say “you know nothing, go away”, it’d be much better to say “you’re wrong saying it’s X, it’s actually Y”, and there isn’t any drama about that. Well, at least I think there isn’t.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016
    (...)
    Really, this whole "us vs them" mentality is petty and useless. Love TS4 or hate it, everybody has different views and you really can't group even two people in one category.

That is true, simply dividing people to ‘two camps’ it’s an unnecessary generalisation, everyone likes and dislikes different aspects of the game, and everyone is in ‘their own camp’. I’m personally really disappointed with the game and I don’t think I could ever like it as much as older iterations, but I’m not a hater, there are several things about it I do like, and some things can be enhanced by mods. There are things I really don’t like that can never be changed (e.g. the art style, all I can do is use CC), and it failed for me as a sequel, but the game in itself isn’t the worst game in the world and I don’t hate it, I just complain about things I don’t like hoping that they’ll be different in TS5, and maybe some minor things in TS4 can be fixed.
    Post edited by Voeille on
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    The correct wording was "It’s less of a life simulation but more a game about drama" (http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/19/how-entertainment-and-life-gives-life-to-the-sims/)

Drama is life with the dull parts cut out ;) It seems to me they just toned down the dull part of The Sims, and focused on the drama part.
    I'm not seeing a lot of negative drama in the game. Probably why it sadly leaks on forums because it lacks in the game badly. Simmers need to vent it somewhere and it hits forums. I did laugh at the quote when I first read it. First thing I thought was, "What drama?" It's more like the Truman Show if anything which is what I thought too after reading the article. Made the Sims feel like a sitcom show rather than a life simulation game. Very 1950s happy vibe to it. I want my deviance back in the Sims again. I want slapjack humor not this kiddie humor stuff. It is almost like the Sims 4 is so politically correct, it took all the fun away that made the Sims feel like the Sims. I still wish uncomfortable moodlet would help assist the other negative moodlets like what Zerbu's mod does.

I understood the "drama" as both the positive and the negative one. Personally I tend to play more with the happy side and I'm not that much into the deviance gameplay, so that's not something that I'm missing all that much. I like the Hot Headed trait, or the Sad/Angry/Tensed emotion though, so I would say I like the negative drama of the day-to-day life. I think there's room to explore drama in the family/couple, and tensions in relationships. It's a bit too much all or nothing at the moment, like caricatural mean vs ever happy (it's rather hard to have couple drama unless you purposedly choose mean interaction for example), I think there's room in between. Perhaps I could do something with the clubs though, I'm going to try this.

Uncomfortable boosting negative isn't enough in my experience to really change the game. I mean, you need to have a negative moodlet in the first place for it to have any kind of effect and these negative moodlets are not that common. The problem isn't uncomfortable overriding negative in my mind (which would be changed with this mod), it's more the general balance between positive/negative moodlets.

I think it would be interesting to test if removing all the easy to get +1 happy moodlets and making them +1 fine, only boosting other positive emotion would be better, like a more generic mood, it could include unconfortable as -1 fine basically, which would work a bit more like the previous mood system. And making Happy an emotion you have to work for, and only gained with some big happy event. I have a feeling there's just too many things granting +1 happy at the moment (environment being the main culprit, but not the only one). But that would mean quite a lot of ressources to mod and I haven't find the patience to do it so far ;)
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Mezinka wrote: »
    I think she was agreeing with the OP. :)

Whoops, I apologize, I may have misunderstood what she was trying to say. I apologize @Olivesplum06 if I misunderstood you.

Whether you mean to or not, it is pretty rude to tell someone they don't belong in a thread on a public forum. And I believe, against the rules (waits for @Scobre to post the rules, :p ).

I didn't say she doesn't belong here, I just said that maybe this discussion isn't the best one for her. It's like joining Chemistry conversation with a group of Chemistry majors and then saying "Well, I only took chemistry 101 in highschool, so x,y,z..."

The Sims is a far cry from Chemistry and my point still stands. It's a public forum and she's welcome in whatever thread she decides to join. Just because she disagrees with the majority opinion on the thread doesn't mean she should avoid it. What you're saying here suggests that she's not qualified to join in because she didn't play all the same games. It's not a very polite thing to do.

She isn't qualified. She proved it by saying she has no idea what we are talking about...and on top of that, she said a feature that was in TS1 wasn't.

Anyone is welcome to join the conversation, but will you really add anything to the conversation if you don't know what anyone is talking about?

I think it's perfectly clear what people are talking about. It's been explained in painful detail. This is actually one of those attitudes that adds to the divisiveness of the fandom because it makes it sound like people who have played the game from the get-go somehow have a more valid opinion than those who haven't. If someone thinks a person who skipped one or two of the games doesn't understand, I'm sure the details can be explained (as they were) without suggesting to someone that they aren't welcome or that their opinion isn't as valid simply because they haven't played the same games.

I am afraid nobody is patient enough and be able to spend much time explaining TS2 and TS3, which I don't know how to explain clearly within one thread. You know , the best way to know a game is to play it, not to expect someone to explain to you.
    I don't think Mezinka is rude. If someone haven't played and don't know TS2 or TS3. What's the point He/she come to say something equal to nothing?

I can, its like buying a cheeseburger for 10x the price and finding out it has no meat in it, it just a bun.
    or buying a new car and you find out it don't have a engine.
    Earlier Sims were masterpiece's, this is a cheap knockoff
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    hypocrisy_meter_zpst656fkgp.jpg

Have fun boys and girls.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    [Because every time someone says sims in 3 are awful and sims in 4 are great and open world is terrible and CASt causes lag, I see Sims 5 dying a little.

Everytime someone says Sims4 should just be scraped, the game is a flop and it is has a target audience of pre-teen girls and how there is nothing to do but party party party ... I see Sims 5 dying a little too.
    Exactly. And the fact I feel quite the opposite there doesn't change your opinion about that. I was adressing your 'why get upset and bothered', well, that's why. We just want different things for this game. And we feel quite strong about it because it's the only life simulation game out there, unfortunately. I think there are really ways to cater to us all. As long as they make sure we have options and different ways available to play the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Geez, so what exactly was this thread meant for? To discuss and talk about how to solve/fix certain issues of the game, or to tell people how they should act, or that what they posted was wrong, or to "catch them in their own words." Anyway, let's just talk about unusually colored produce again.
    124.jpg
    To talk about veggies? I don't know. I kind of lose track of half the stuff posted anyways. It starts to become a blur. I love purple veggies. <3
    I think the topic was getting back on track again untill you two derailed it again ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    So are folks supposed to pay for, what they feel are, inferior products for the hopes that TS5 will be any better?

Because a lot of people tried that with TS3 packs. And look at how that turned out.

And I see nothing at all about the comment Joanne65 stated. The one I responded to. Why does it always have to be so one sided? How come she wasn't called out for her comment? Where is the outrage for that?

I only read your post, and did not realize you were taking a jab at what they were saying.

Context is important, you missed the context of my post there as well ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Sorry to butt in for a second, but I don't understand the hate for preteen girls. When the Sims 1 and 2 came out - which were both fantastic games - I was part of the target demographic; I was a preteen girl introduced to the game by other preteen girls who showed me a game like I'd never seen before. Together we built, came up with long, creative stories, and enjoyed the rotational and family play that went into making the TS2 iteration so great. I don't think it's fair to keep blaming preteen girls for TS4's shortcomings.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    IMO nobody is blaming preteens, boys or girls, IMO we are all blaming EA... or at least we should be
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    hypocrisy_meter_zpst656fkgp.jpg

Have fun boys and girls.

This forum is not high school. Move past the "Us vs Them" mentality, and you will have a much more enjoyable time here.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in for a second, but I don't understand the hate for preteen girls. When the Sims 1 and 2 came out - which were both fantastic games - I was part of the target demographic; I was a preteen girl introduced to the game by other preteen girls who showed me a game like I'd never seen before. Together we built, came up with long, creative stories, and enjoyed the rotational and family play that went into making the TS2 iteration so great. I don't think it's fair to keep blaming preteen girls for TS4's shortcomings.

I don't think people are really blaming preteen girls. I know some people have said that they are the target demographic but sometimes I wonder. I think that audience is smarter than the game.

However the preteen audience wasn't the demo they were reaching for in TS1. If you read early interviews and look at the demographics the audience was the typical male gamer. Will Wright had to change his way of explaining the game as a digital dollhouse because he was afraid he would alienate prospective players. No one knew the game would take off the way it did but the demographics changed after....I think it was the release of Hot Date when the percentage of the audience changed to more women players. Without going back to look at the figures I was reading I think it was 70 to 80% female after that EP release.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    Mezinka wrote: »

We didn't say it has to be just like 2 and 3. We just want the core elements that were in the original game and the key features of 2 and 3. You can still keep those ideas and come up with something completely different. Yes, the game is supposed to be new and exciting- but it lacking the components of a real Sims game.

For example:
    Sims 1 had Hot Date. Hot Date turned into Nightlife. Nightlife turned into Late Night. Late Night turned into...

See, the components were already there and EA was able to work with them to create something better each time. I hope you see what we're trying to say.

Sorry, but ... two things.

1. If your examples are supposed to be core elements, EP's are not core elements. Core elements would be more in tune with life stages. EP's are added extras that players can use ( or skip ) to enchance their games. EP's are not an essential thing to have for a game.

2. Hot date turned into nightlife, nightlife turned into late night .... late night turned into ... no. I do not want a same rehash of EP's for each release. I don't want Katy Pary Sweet Tooth Pack #3. I still want to see new ideas, new things ..... I don't want a continuous, endless rehash of Sims 2/3.

But sometimes EP content can be turned into base game content. Cars for instance: we couldn't own them until NL, but they were in TS3 base game and I do consider cars as base game content now.

There is certain content that is expected to be rehashed (Pets Seasons etc). These are high demand EPs. I personally do want some rehashed EPs but I want them done better. I want improvement each time.

Tho if they were to start including Pets (just the basics - cats dogs) and Seasons in the base game (as Iong as it's not half baked) then that would leave room for new EPs .

However even though we do get rehashed EPs doesn't mean we can't have new EPs, I mean look at TS3 there was old and new.

My only concern is making sure they are not half baked like some sets in the store.

LOL@the Katy Perry sweet tooth :heart:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think the problem falls on the ages of the people working on the game.Or influencing the devs to release this kind of stuff.When i was a preteen they released the sims 2 university and guess what we got what they released and it was awesome.Now people want choices for everything and that's not good because they are releasing almost one sided content.I think the franchise is over

*spelling again lol
    Post edited by thegummybear13 on
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    I think the problem falls of the ages of the people working on the game.Or influencing the devs to release this kind of stuff.When i was a preteen they released the sims 2 university and guess what we got what they released and it was awesome.Now people want choices for everything and that's not good because they are releasing almost one sided content.I think the franchise is over

I have to agree with you. It's hard to find any topic here that deals with new content that a few, if not many, posts follow with I don't want that in my game....I want options. What did people do in the past any way? Played the game as is or modded it.

I have to say I felt really bad for the devs this past week. People have been asking for more NPCs and they sent in the clown......what followed was post after post complaining about it "messing up their game" or "I didn't want that, I wanted this". They are trying to add things to the game and they get the short end of the stick again. Granted I don't always agree with what they do add....simply because I would have preferred something different......or they go overboard....but they could stop trying to add things at all.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »

No...it's the darn people like my brother who have 6 second attention spans that all the things are catered to nowadays.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think the problem falls of the ages of the people working on the game.Or influencing the devs to release this kind of stuff.When i was a preteen they released the sims 2 university and guess what we got what they released and it was awesome.Now people want choices for everything and that's not good because they are releasing almost one sided content.I think the franchise is over

I have to agree with you. It's hard to find any topic here that deals with new content that a few, if not many, posts follow with I don't want that in my game....I want options. What did people do in the past any way? Played the game as is or modded it.

I have to say I felt really bad for the devs this past week. People have been asking for more NPCs and they sent in the clown......what followed was post after post complaining about it "messing up their game" or "I didn't want that, I wanted this". They are trying to add things to the game and they get the short end of the stick again. Granted I don't always agree with what they do add....simply because I would have preferred something different......or they go overboard....but they could stop trying to add things at all.

Well to be honest, that was a ridiculous half-baked NPC to add. We're missing police and firemen and a host of other more important things and they give us a clown. I would be mad, too.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member

Yes.but they did this to themselves by including all these features in patches.Since the TC was in a sims 1 expansion pack he would have been great for the base game so they could at least have some roots from the past.Since people are not familiar with the TC they don't want him.I guess the point im trying to make now is the devs should be smarter about what and how they release things ,and the fact that we don't have choices and we shouldn't.Just release good content and keep worldly matters out of it. I just want to play something fun and entertaining not focused on one thing
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't understand why people complain that TS4 is not like TS2 or 3? If TS4 was exactly the same as 2 and 3, what's the point of it?

From my perspective it appears to be no different from or less than the first two versions and I'd speculate that the visual similarities were intended as sentimental references. The neighborhood layouts, appearances, and 'emotional' behavior are similar to those of the first version, the gameplay and zone design are similar to the second version. It would seem that their intention was to re-start the franchise with current technologies and they've succeeded.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Well to be honest, that was a ridiculous half-baked NPC to add. We're missing piolice and firemen and a host of other more important things and they give us a clown. I would be mad, too.

Like I said I'm not always happy with what they add or or the way it's done....but getting something new is better than nothing new. It means they are listening.

Personally I like the clown...I just wish they would have made him more tragic and less lame.......yes I said lame.

Two of my Sims bought the painting and the clown appeared. He made them a little sad for awhile, juggled and finally just left. Again I was ...is that it?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top