Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Say YES to laundry in the Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmm, I don't know, Laundry is a heavy load, to do right.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I've never played with the laundry but it sounds like it could interest me. I liked the raking leaves in TS2 for example. I think it would help creating relatable situations.

And with multitasking, we could make them iron in front of the TV !
  • Options
    ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
  • Options
    EmmyElf1995EmmyElf1995 Posts: 7 New Member
    Love love love laundry. So annoying when my sims change clothes and there is no laundry to clean!!
  • Options
    chinamd1chinamd1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes to the laundry. It makes things more realistic, which is the purpose of the game.
  • Options
    Anit08Anit08 Posts: 17 Member
    What a great idea! YES :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wouldn't actually want this. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    Huh... never thought I'd say yes to laundry with such enthusiasm.. but HELLS YEAH!
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm for less real and more quirk. I don't want my Sims to mirror my everyday life chores. I want them to do things that would never be possible in real life. About the only time I used a washer and dryer in TS3 was when I had a slob Sim and I wanted them to leave piles of clothes all over the house.

I see nothing wrong with adding a laundry but there is so much I'd rather see first
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    Abso-freakin-lutely yes!!!
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    Becca1108Becca1108 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yesss!
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I personally think "Cleaning" should be a new skill included. There are some people who enjoy cleaning for a hobby activity. And then to add to it we could get a new trait- Germaphobe where all they do is clean to keep their happiness level up. It could also be a new chore for child and teen sims to partake in... laundry and cleaning around the house. We could get the washer and dryer, as well as ironing station. And then perhaps even a Clean Station where sims store their mop, broom, duster, etc.. Maybe add a new game play interaction like "sim slips on wet floor", "sim puts too much detergent in washer and floods house with soap suds", "sims comment on how clean house is or dirty".
  • Options
    luked522luked522 Posts: 39 Member
    This feature would go well with limiting the clothes in CAS to clothes you have already bought. As in, to get new clothes you would have to take your sim shopping.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes to laundry and laundrimats.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Only if I don't have to put up with it if I don't put the machines in my sims' houses. The basic chores of cooking, cleaning the bathroom, and wiping down the kitchen counters are more than enough for me. My sims have adventures to go on.

That was optional in Sims 3. We had laundrimat venues so washers and dryers wern't needed in houses.
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I say YES!!!! to Laundry Rooms and Clothes racks & Clothes Lines, & Washers, Dryers, Clothes Hampers, Laundry Baskets, YES! YES ! to it all, :).
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Sure.
    I'm back!
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    OMG Yess please bring Laundry back. It was nice getting moodlets from the sims 3 for clean sheets and clothes. :)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would be okay with a laundry mat (I could create Archers old, hidden 🐸🐸🐸🐸 HQ) but I wouldn't add a washer and dryer to my homes. Too much mess and time consuming trouble. I could put a dance club in the basement. Wash A Go Go!
  • Options
    TrendorinaTrendorina Posts: 48 Member
    Yes. Would be great see my sims house totally messy.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I'm not sure. The idea would have to be more well executed than was on the Sims 3, I remember the entire house was a disaster.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I'm not sure. The idea would have to be more well executed than was on the Sims 3, I remember the entire house was a disaster.

What do you mean? I think it worked quite well.

- If you don't have the laundry objects, there will be no dirty clothes.
    - You have the laundry baskets, so dirty clothes will be automatically deposited there. If you don't have the baskets or if the baskets are full, dirty clothes go to the floor.
    - Sims changing clothes or taking a shower results in dirty clothes.
    - When you do the laundry, the sim will automatically empty all baskets and pick up all dirty clothes from the ground. Useful.

I don't see a single problem with this. I can see what you mean with the entire house being full of dirty clothes, but well, if you have a household full of sims and you want to have laundry on said house, then you will have to do it everyday otherwise it will indeed be a mess. But I don't see that as a bad thing. I quite liked playing a stay at home mom cleaning the house when kids are at school. Which is why I really like household chores and want to see more on TS4, playing neat sims is super boring because there's barely anything to clean.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

What do you mean? I think it worked quite well.

- If you don't have the laundry objects, there will be no dirty clothes.
    - You have the laundry baskets, so dirty clothes will be automatically deposited there. If you don't have the baskets or if the baskets are full, dirty clothes go to the floor.
    - Sims changing clothes or taking a shower results in dirty clothes.
    - When you do the laundry, the sim will automatically empty all baskets and pick up all dirty clothes from the ground. Useful.

I don't see a single problem with this. I can see what you mean with the entire house being full of dirty clothes, but well, if you have a household full of sims and you want to have laundry on said house, then you will have to do it everyday otherwise it will indeed be a mess. But I don't see that as a bad thing. I quite liked playing a stay at home mom cleaning the house when kids are at school. Which is why I really like household chores and want to see more on TS4, playing neat sims is super boring because there's barely anything to clean.

Yup I so agree with this, I wish they would bring them all back, I luved them, :)