Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I failed the challenge :(

Everybody seems to be excited about today's patch but I am rather sad. I failed to achieve the perfect growfruit challenge. I was so very close as my growfruit tree is magnificent. I turned my computer to airplane mode and manually took origin offline, but now am off to work.

Anxious to see if when I get home this evening I will be able to play out the rest of the challenge before reconnecting and downloading the patch. Time will tell.

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    That's an interesting idea. It might work. Sorry you weren't able to finish.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I feel your pain, my growfruit tree is only at excellent quality, so I have a long way to go and I don't think I'll get there before the patch tonight. :(
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    You could always not patch until you achieve your challenge.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I didn't even manage to collect all of the eggs, there is always next year I guess!
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I don't see why you shouldn't be able to finish the challenge if you keep Origin from connecting to the internet. I don't believe there is a set deadline in the code and it will require the patch to deactiviate the challenge anyway.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I failed the challenge as well but I failed on purpose because I do not do the challenges EA/Maxis give, I am just not interested in them. I hope everyone else had fun with them though. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, you could try to disconnect your computer from using the internet or wifi and finish the challenge. I hope you will get it! The Perfect growfruit comes after the Prestine standard. It took me like 7 hours to get to that from a Very Nice quality.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

I hope you get it too @FroggyKaren :) If you for some reason can't I have uploaded a "room" with the new planters and the two new eggs added, a normal grow fruit and a perfect grow fruit tree. It's not the same as doing it on your own of course, but if you want, it's there.

Happy simming! :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Yeah I didn't complete that one either. On the other hand, if I truly need the planter it will hopefully still be in the game, just locked and I could cheat it in if I desperately wanted the planter. I know the feeling though. I had spliced my growfruit onto a strawberry plant that reach magnificent, but the darn thing never evolved since. Hah.As said, you could probably not update and try to finish it. Best wishes.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I didn't even come close this year. I will probably get the planter and bunny from debug mode if its available there :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    I disconnected from my wifi just to finish later on today and then patch when I'm done.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    Lol i decided i didn't want the growfruit in my game, so ive ignored the patching for the past month haha. Ive just been turning my internet connection off each time i play and turning it back on when im done! You could do that until you're finished the challenge. it sounds like youre pretty cose to finishing it anyway! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Yeah I didn't complete that one either. On the other hand, if I truly need the planter it will hopefully still be in the game, just locked and I could cheat it in if I desperately wanted the planter. I know the feeling though. I had spliced my growfruit onto a strawberry plant that reach magnificent, but the darn thing never evolved since. Hah.As said, you could probably not update and try to finish it. Best wishes.

Hello @LosaruTaiyo . This is a link to the cheats that can be used to unlock the Spring challenge items after the challenge has finished.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/03/spring-challenge-2016/#missed

• Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Yeah, I couldn't get the perfect growfruit planter either. But shouldn't it be under hidden objects? I read somewhere that you would be able to get it with cheats, since it;s under hidden objects or something of the sort. Oh well, at least I got growfruit planter and the eggs+ bunny.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The tree won't go away. But in new saves you will not have access to it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I failed the challenge because I got bored with it.. lol
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I don't often do challenges but this one, collecting all the eggs was fun, thanks EA! and the grow fruit, well, didn't complete that, oh well, but still had fun though, that's the main thing.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I didn't even do the challenge lol I just couldn't this year...meh my sims have lives! #clubbingandlookingfornessie
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Thanks for the links rosemow! <3

I managed to get one sim family the green planter but evolving was so slow...only could get up to great. :/ One family managed to get all the eggs and has the Bun Bun. Those links will definitely come in handy. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Same here. Also I didn't find the last glowing egg, no matter how much I sent my sim harvesting.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I'm just glad none of the 'rewards' were a must-have for me. I did complete the growfruit, in that I had enough excellent quality fruit to turn in, so I get the first planter. Whoop-tea-do. But, I can't find that last new egg to save my life! Oh, well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    It is really hard to get Perfect Growfruit and I do not think the awards are really worth it, I mean they are tiny pots not even the big planters.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If you get the fertilizer recipe from the hermit and just keep dumping it on the plant, it will keep increasing in quality each time you put it on. As the plant evolves you will need more and more of the fertilizer between each evolves stages so make bunch of it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The tree won't go away. But in new saves you will not have access to it.

I don't like that since I start a new save after every game and expansion pack or even if I get bored of the family I am playing. What about the bunny recolour and planter I unlocked? Will they be gone too?