Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: GP3 to be released May 3?

I think constantly that it's the release day... Game packs are usually announced two weeks before the release. Tuesday's announcement will finally tell the truth :) What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    nobody knows.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Restaurant -> 10 letters -> April 19 + 10 -> April 29

Sorry it's release date is April 29, but good guess
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I say that there's a possibility that GP #3 could come out on May 3rd.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    I sort of doubt there will be any kind of release before May 5th -, most likely may not even happen until after the May 17th "The Investors Day" - earnings call meeting. Unless of course they think the new would knock sales out the ballpark - then it might be earlier. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I sort of doubt there will be any kind of release before May 5th -

Shhh lol :p
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MegastephMegasteph Posts: 58 Member
    Everyone seems excited about the prospect of a restaurant gp, but no one seems to remember that we had restaurants in sims 3 in the base game...
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Megasteph wrote: »
    Everyone seems excited about the prospect of a restaurant gp, but no one seems to remember that we had restaurants in sims 3 in the base game...

We are excited about the prospect of this type of gameplay (which was never really implemented in Ts3) coming back:

thesims2restaurant.jpg

the-sims-2-nightlife-20050722034039460.jpg

image.jpg

2.PizzaBella.jpg

Yep I miss the restaraunts from the Sims 2 days.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd rather get Gamepack 3 April 26th. The patch drops Thursday and Thursday Patches seem to be big.

I know Gamepacks are usually announced 2 weeks prior but EA could change it to 1 week if they want to and that would make sense since this GP was delayed.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'd rather get Gamepack 3 April 26th. The patch drops Thursday and Thursday Patches seem to be big.

I know Gamepacks are usually announced 2 weeks prior but EA could change it to 1 week if they want to and that would make sense since this GP was delayed.

I doubt they would do that because they need people to be aware of it before it comes out.

Pre-release hype is everything.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member

We are excited about the prospect of this type of gameplay (which was never really implemented in Ts3) coming back:

thesims2restaurant.jpg

the-sims-2-nightlife-20050722034039460.jpg

image.jpg

2.PizzaBella.jpg

I miss the restaurants of The sims 2 so much :cry:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    We did, but they were just rabbit holes. In other words, you see your sim go in and then come back out again. You didn't see what was happening inside the restaurant while your sim was in there. Where as there's a very good chance that we'll get to see what is going on in the restaurant in Sims 4 since there are no rabbit holes to speak of except for some of the more resent public restrooms that have been added to the game since Outdoor Retreat. And I'm pretty certain that some of us are hyped up about restaurant because there's a good chance that we get to follow our sims into the restaurant this time.

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I think constantly that it's the release day... Game packs are usually announced two weeks before the release. Tuesday's announcement will finally tell the truth :) What do you think?

No love, it's going to be a Gamepack I think next. Their schedule has been way more spread out than Sims 3 so I think it will be a Gamepack.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    We did, but they were just rabbit holes. In other words, you see your sim go in and then come back out again. You didn't see what was happening inside the restaurant while your sim was in there. Where as there's a very good chance that we'll get to see what is going on in the restaurant in Sims 4 since there are no rabbit holes to speak of except for some of the more resent public restrooms that have been added to the game since Outdoor Retreat. And I'm pretty certain that some of us are hyped up about restaurant because there's a good chance that we get to follow our sims into the restaurant this time.

No actually they weren't, they added a whole store set that came with menus, waiters, and chefs you could hire. Everyone forgot about it because as much as people begged for them they were only fun for like two seconds. We def had actual restaurants though as I played it in my sims 3 game last week.
  • Options

We did have restaurants in Sims 3, they released a whole store pack around it which no one seems to remember. It came with functional menus, waiters, and even chefs.........you would sit at the table, order from your menu, then the chef would cook your food and the waiter would bring it to the table. I just played it last week. It's funny because people begged and begged for it in Sims 3, they got it, and no one remembers it. That is exactly what will happen with Sims 4. There are so many other fun things they could add.....
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    We have this restaurant in Sims 3 - but it annoys the heck out of me because I don't like running my own restaurant in the game - so the game is constantly replacing the Chef and sending pop ups to tell me about it. Like I care or something. LOL. But it works okay - Sims 2 still did them better. Also I do not believe kids can eat there in the Sims 3 one - just YA and up I think.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=16936.0

Even though I have it - I am not really the restaurant kind of player - my sims enjoy eating at home, or going on picnic, or having cook outs. Hardly ever go to a restaurant. Although I do like the Automatrons in Into the Future ep and use them a lot in the future world. LOL.

But if the Sims 4 gets ones like in Sims 2 - I would use those - as I do use the Sims 2 ones all the time when I play that game. Especially for Honeymooners.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

2.PizzaBella.jpg
    Love the inclusion of the toddler at that restaurant this is the type of game play I really miss.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »

No actually they weren't, they added a whole store set that came with menus, waiters, and chefs you could hire. Everyone forgot about it because as much as people begged for them they were only fun for like two seconds. We def had actual restaurants though as I played it in my sims 3 game last week.
    Those did! But I believe that the OP of that comment meant the base game restaurants. And those were all rabbit holes.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    TS3 Bistro had an "eat Outside" option, base game. Where your Sims could eat outside. At a restaurant. So you could watch them. And see what they were doing while eating.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited April 2016
    I never had restaurants in my sims 3 game(not counting the rabbit holes). I could never waste almost 20 bucks on a lame building, 9 objects, and 6 CAS items.

If GP 3 is restaurants I hope it has more stuff than the Sims 3 attempt.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Pary wrote: »
    TS3 Bistro had an "eat Outside" option, base game. Where your Sims could eat outside. At a restaurant. So you could watch them. And see what they were doing while eating.
    The bistro in Sims 3 base game was the only place in Sunset Valley were you could see your sim sit down and eat there. But that was it, and you had to command your sim to eat there, and hope that they don't dine inside. But once they past through that door heading into the bistro, that was the last that you saw of your sim until they come out that door.
    Now Uni had a Hogan's Deep fried Diner I believe where you can watch your sim dine there if they were dinning outside. And I think that the Hogan's in Bridgeport might have also had an outside dinning area too.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    The bistro in Sims 3 base game was the only place in Sunset Valley were you could see your sim sit down and eat there. But that was it, and you had to command your sim to eat there, and hope that they don't dine inside.

Yes, that's right, they could eat outside and you could see them. Contrary to your earlier remarks that the only restaurants were rabbitholes.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There is a sort of restaurant in Into the Future with robot staff. They will bring food or drinks or what ever and you go inside with the sims. That same ep also has clothing stores to buy clothes too. So Sims 3 did offer them even without buying the Sims 3 store Business as Usual Restaurant. Before all that was the Coffee shop in Uni town - sims could buy coffee or tea and pastries. The food booth in the Seasons ep offered food and we could even make bar/ restaurants in Sims 3 because with the right bar the bartenders could serve food. Then there is WA's eateries and wine shops where you watch sims eat. LOL. But it is a fact Sims 2 did it all better and I do love Sims 2 restaurants.

In dreams - I LIVE!