Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bundle 3 coming June, GP3 coming May/June-ish? - Speculation

Comments

• Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I prefer to wait for The sims 5 at this point... I mean come on, it's like that time period (early 2014) when The sims 4 was all in the "development" darkness. And what we get? A half-baked Base game. This game pack must be amazing if they want to keep at least the reputation of this franchise need. Just for the respect of us, patience fans

Who said there's going to be a Sims 5? Do you really think there will be a Sims 5 if Sims 4 doesn't do good?

Well it's obvious... even if The sims 4 will fail, there will be surely a Sims 5 or at least a reboot. Take the latest japanese anime as an example. Sailor moon Crystal is the perfect indication: it's more accurate to the Manga(not the original 90's anime) and it's like that should be by the creator's style wants(aka Will Wright in this case) After 20 years the series is still beloved and fascinating ;) so maybe will happen with this game too, if The sims 4 will fail

It's not obvious. They don't have to make another Sims game if they don't want to. Maxis would disband, and everyone would find other jobs. Truthfully, you can't compare different things because it's different companies with different ways of doing things. I'm not saying I don't want a Sims 5, I would be happy for it. But we gotta get through 4 first and see where that takes us. And at the rate things are going we can't say there is or isn't going to be another Sims game because we don't know.

In fact I say Maybe & If The sims 4 will fail. Anyway it's happen with Guitar Hero series too, just to mention another example... seems to be that some games need to fail and then they are improved

The difference is that Sims is has always had extremely bulky games. Guitar Hero only needs a few different songs, but most of it can be exactly the same. The Sims takes years to develop because it always has to be so full. This was the problem with Sims 4; they didn't spend much time on it so it ended up being unfinished.

Now they are taking their time, so I expect great things. If the next pack is lacking, there will be a tiny problem with the fans..... tiny *evil laugh*

By the way, if Maxis does disband, I'm sure some of the workers are only trained in game development. Therefore, it is possible that some of them will make their own group.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Maxis isn't going to disban and the Sims 4 isn't getting cancelled. The problem is marketing not the game. People's been saying TS4 is getting cancelled since the base game and it hasn't happened yet.

All this because marketing won't share any info with us.
  • Options
    BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Maxis isn't going to disban and the Sims 4 isn't getting cancelled. The problem is marketing not the game. People's been saying TS4 is getting cancelled since the base game and it hasn't happened yet.

The marketing is a problem but the EP's are released at a slower pace then during the Sims 3.
    GTW was released 7 months after the basegame and GT came 8 months after GTW, that's 2 EP's in 15 months.

This wouldn't have been a problem if the GP's got released in between but that now isn't the case as well.
    I mean, GP 02 Spa Day was released in juli 2015 and it is now april 2016!

I don't want another SP because that doesn't solve the problem I am having with the Sims 4.
    I am getting bored because there is a lack of gameplay that we cannot deny.

The rumor is that Bundle 3 is coming in june.
    That means that GP 03 could be as late as may!
    Almost a year after GP 02!

Am I the only one seeing this?
  • Options
    BTW I am not counting the patches as content because the content we mostly get from patches is content that should have been in the basegame anyway.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;14708442"]Maxis isn't going to disban and the Sims 4 isn't getting cancelled. The problem is marketing not the game. People's been saying TS4 is getting cancelled since the base game and it hasn't happened yet.

All this because marketing won't share any info with us. [/quote]

I don't want to be mean, but if the game pack is actually like the marketing... gosh that would be terrible and disappointing. I mean, where you have all heard that they are taking their time to make the game better? It's obviously an excuse from the disperate fans to justify the team. Like I've already said before, for the Base game. It was delayed... and then? What we get? Same thing with Get together. I have fear about the future of this Sims 4... if we really consider the quality>quantity aspect, it was better The sims 3 approach at this point. At least they released constantly content, and was Optional added content. Now we Need a new pack because the three last packs are already boring... if they really put effort and quality, why we are all here to wait a game/stuff/expansion pack desperately to make the game feel less empty?
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Iam starting to feel like they are dojng a dog or a cat gamepack
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    With the amount of news that we have been getting from Maxis lately. I wish that I could just find a nice tall ship with white sails and sail away from all this.

It's called Planet Coaster
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Iam starting to feel like they are dojng a dog or a cat gamepack

They already said they aren't working on Pets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    BaasPet wrote: »

The marketing is a problem but the EP's are released at a slower pace then during the Sims 3.
    GTW was released 7 months after the basegame and GT came 8 months after GTW, that's 2 EP's in 15 months.

This wouldn't have been a problem if the GP's got released in between but that now isn't the case as well.

I don't want another SP because that doesn't solve the problem I am having with the Sims 4.

In the first 18 months of Sims 3, there were 3 EPs, 2 Stuff Packs, and one World (not counting the World released at launch).
    In the first 18 months of Sims 4, there were 2 EPs + 2 GPs (= 3 EP equivalent), and 6 Stuff Packs.

Not seeing a big difference here.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    ^ The Sims 3 had the store and that made a big difference in content on offer and/or content being promoted.
    I do think the store was expensive, but it also gave more choices and 'things' to talk about. ;)
  • Options
    ^ The Sims 3 had the store and that made a big difference in content on offer and/or content being promoted.
    I do think the store was expensive, but it also gave more choices and 'things' to talk about. ;)

I suspect that in particular it gave a feeling that there was constant new content being announced. Even if that new content mostly didn't amount to anything but recolors. Even the Stuff Packs didn't often have new gameplay items, did they? Sims 4 Stuff Packs are built around gameplay items.

So given all that, right now, one for one, I don't think we have much less in the way of new add-ons happening. I think we have less feeling of frequent announcements compared to Sims 3 because of not having the store and we have less lead-up compared to Sims 2 because, compared with 05-09 for Sims 2, mass-used social media sites (Facebook, Twitter) + download taking over store purchase (so fewer boxes to stick a flyer in) mean no need to commit to announced content 6 months in advance. I also suspect there are regulatory changes that make it riskier to announce stuff early and that some companies are more comfortable with that risk than others - and there's where I think EA needs to shake it up and get their heads out of their briefcases.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ^ You could be right there.

Maybe it's not the amount of content but the way it is marketed?
    I really mis the buzz that came with the frequent announcements.......

(I am sorry by the way that I am not quoting anyone, there seem to be a problem with my account. It is being looked at on the Dutch forum)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

In the first 18 months of Sims 3, there were 3 EPs, 2 Stuff Packs, and one World (not counting the World released at launch).
    In the first 18 months of Sims 4, there were 2 EPs + 2 GPs (= 3 EP equivalent), and 6 Stuff Packs.

One big difference is the store content and how the store was run. Quite often there were two sets a month, sales, daily deals and other sale promotions to get people talking about real things not speculations. The gurus came into the forums to talk about the content and sometimes asked about ideas for store content. I'm not advocating for or against what was in the store.....I'm just saying there was an almost constant flow of worlds, venues, sets, premium content and people talking about it.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    As I said there has to be a reason they aren't using a 'formula' to release content. Perhaps they never had a plan and spend a lot of their time reading feedback somewhere or twitter and then decide what they should build and release. You know, on the fly. Maybe that is why GPs are not as big a deal as some players first thought they would be. Maybe EPs and GPs aren't on any schedule and while Maxis works on something else for EA we get fillers like SPs. You can't look to old schedules of release dates and or even this game's schedule this past year and a half. Because this game is now under the motto 'service' so that means updates and new ways to play when they decide it and what the players have said they wanted, then they will build it when they see if it is marketable. A 'service' game means you aren't going to get what you want but what they feel were the bigger issues and demands...or at least that is how they are usually run. Toddlers aside I think the game is built on the fly and no plan exist at all of how many, when or what. ETA: And consider this, this game was built to have players commit to a monthly fee, and marketing must have figured out fans of TS4 were not enough to make that profitable at this time, so that plan went out the window...so what are they left with? Building when ever they see a need to do something about the game. Not a vision of what they would add, how it would all come together in five years but as a service...so there is a huge difference in how this game is handled per EA's rule of a 'service' and how they marketing the past games. They 'knew' people would buy TS2 and TS3 content...it's iffy for TS4 and why they can't waste resources but must focus on the 'service'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    As I said there has to be a reason they aren't using a 'formula' to release content. Perhaps they never had a plan and spend a lot of their time reading feedback somewhere or twitter and then decide what they should build and release. You know, on the fly. Maybe that is why GPs are not as big a deal as some players first thought they would be. Maybe EPs and GPs aren't on any schedule and while Maxis works on something else for EA we get fillers like SPs. You can't look to old schedules of release dates and or even this game's schedule this past year and a half. Because this game is now under the motto 'service' so that means updates and new ways to play when they decide it and what the players have said they wanted, then they will build it when they see if it is marketable. A 'service' game means you aren't going to get what you want but what they feel were the bigger issues and demands...or at least that is how they are usually run. Toddlers aside I think the game is built on the fly and no plan exist at all of how many, when or what.

I still think they are floundering trying to do content, fix things and revamp because they didn't expect the feedback they've gotten.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I sort of agree with that @PHOEBESMOM601 and I do believe Graham when he said this is the first time they aren't using any type of schedule, but see what sells then build something else. I actually take people at their word for some reason. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I'm just really interested to see what their next move is ... it's interesting that they are experimenting. I'm excited to see what will come from it.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    edited April 2016

I feel like TS4 GPs are the equivalent of TS3 SPs, they both cost the same ($20) and add very few gameplay. TS4 SPs equal TS3 store sets ($10/ roughly 1000 simpoints). That means:
    First 18 months of The Sims 3: 3 EPs, 2 SPs, 1 World + lots of store content
    First 18 months of The Sims 4: 2 EPs, 2 SPs (= GPs), 6 Store sets (= SPs)

Like PHOEBESMOM601 said, there clearly is a difference. On one hand because content is obviously being released slower, on the other hand because gameplay (which is added by EPs) is much more valuable than all SPs combined, in my opinion.
    Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
    ༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)
  • Options
    smoesie wrote: »

I feel like TS4 GPs are the equivalent of TS3 SPs, they both cost the same ($20) and add very few gameplay.

I feel like you and I have played very different things called "Sims 3" and "Sims 4" O_o
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

I feel like TS4 GPs are the equivalent of TS3 SPs, they both cost the same ($20) and add very few gameplay.

I feel like you and I have played very different things called "Sims 3" and "Sims 4" O_o

This. I can't understand that anyone would say the gamepacks have included very little gameplay. They've been waaay worth the money so far, and I'm very excited for the GPs to come.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

This. I can't understand that anyone would say the gamepacks have included very little gameplay. They've been waaay worth the money so far, and I'm very excited for the GPs to come.

Whether they're worth their price or not, I do not consider GP's to be half of an EP. Unless the EP reference is Get Together (which is pretty much a game pack with how little it brought to the game). So IMO 2 GP's do not equal 1 EP.
  • Options

Whether they're worth their price or not, I do not consider GP's to be half of an EP. Unless the EP reference is Get Together (which is pretty much a game pack with how little it brought to the game). So IMO 2 GP's do not equal 1 EP.

True I hope the next expansion is much bigger then GT.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    And another thing freeplay is adding tons of new stuff frequently some of which have never been in a Sims pc game like actual malls with escalators, movie theaters,amusement parks and more but yet it seems were having to wait months now for the pc version.
  • Options
    And another thing freeplay is adding tons of new stuff frequently some of which have never been in a Sims pc game like actual malls with escalators, movie theaters,amusement parks and more but yet it seems were having to wait months now for the pc version.

There is a good reason to keep adding content to Sims free play. In app purchases for these kind of games is a billion dollar business.
  • Options
    smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    I probably formulated that wrong. :p I never meant that TS4 GPs are the same as TS3 SPs, they are not. I just think that one GP is far from half an EP (as you said), not even close. That's why I said (in the calculation/equation/thing) that 1 TS4 GP = 1 TS3 SP, I feel like that's closer to reality than 2 TS4 GPs = 1 TS4 EP. GPs add gameplay, but not much compared to EPs. You made it seem like at this point, TS4 has more or just as much content as TS3 had. That's simply not true.
    Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
    ༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)