Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pole Dance Ability

Comments

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't want to sound prude, but am I the only one who finds this whole pole dancing idea kinda creepy? (Specially if men are allowed to do it as well lol.)

I don't find it any different than working out on any other piece of equipment. Do you have any idea how hard it can be?

Yes but The Sims 4 is a Teen rated game (that's why I find this idea creepy), and this kind of exercise doesn't mix with this rating. There are a lot of physical activities that could be added to the game like zumba, aerobics, baseball, hockey, football, soccer, etc. And I must say I have nothing against pole dancing, to each their own. :)
    Wish they had couple dancing like salsa lessons, slow dancing, waltz, tango XD Would be so cool!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Hmmm...

I think if they were careful how they presented it, then it could be ok. I understand that people want this in their games, but anything too seedy can be very off-putting. So, I think they would need to package it in a less-seedy, more generally appealing way.

For example, I noticed that in TS3 the fireman's pole could be used like a pole dancing pole with a bit of imagination. I think they could possibly have something like that as part of a circus act, so it's not too obviously sexual and focuses on the skill and artistic nature of the performance. I know that my knee-jerk reaction to a 'stripper pole' would be 'Eww... tacky... no!!!' But, if there was a circus game pack, like the circus sets from the TS3 store, mixed with the performance aspects of Showtime, I would 100% love it! And if one of the performances included artistic gymnastics involving a pole... then that would be much more acceptable to people like me. And then people who wanted a strip-club could simply take that aspect of the pack and put it in a club, and put the performers in something skimpy. Performing for tips, like in Showtime, would also be fine with me, if it's presented at artistic.

Example of sim-circus with 'pole act':

I think it just has to be presented in a generally acceptable setting.

I agree, All acrobatic activities are welcome !
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Awesome ! I think pole dancing is a marvelous Idea , it would have to be something that they struggle to learn and land on their head a few times though. A good way to bring up their physical strength.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Could this idea be implemented with a gymnast skill?? Making this a special sort of activity that allows you to do acrobatic stuff. Would be pretty awesome to have a cop that can leap & perform summersaults whilst apprehending a criminal on the run. A really cool hero cop :star:

I COULD MAKE A BATMAN COP!!!!! :star::star::star::star:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    DreamsUnleashedDreamsUnleashed Posts: 76 Member
    I really liked the circus idea but also perhaps since they are making dancing a skill they could also put the idea of Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, and ect into it as well. There are many ways a sim could express themselves and I think they should all be brought to EA's attention for great tips.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love this idea, OP! It would theme with a circus Game Pack nicely and maybe they could squeeze some gypsies, fortune telling, and belly dancing into the same pack.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    At least they could be "human flag"

• Options
    Simzaawsome0Simzaawsome0 Posts: 10 New Member
    This is rated for 12+ it very unlikely they would add pole dancers
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wish, I hate how sensitive the world is becoming. and that we have to coddle the youth these days.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If the game is 12+, then Pole Dance is easily achievable, if you don't go getting naked (without mods). Young girls learn pole-dancing as a form of excercising and you can do it fully clothed. And at least half of all Sims players have the basic 'remove censor' mod.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    They have male strippers in a Get to Work commercial so I don't see why they can't add pole dancers

https://youtu.be/zxG3HYkoQ-k
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    They're not going to put that into the game because it's "too adult" probably. If there was some way that they could disguise it, such as calling it acrobatics or something, then maybe. It's like how they disguise being drunk as just being 'very playful' when you drink certain drinks and sex is called 'woohoo.' If they could find a way to disguise it, then they might put it in.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Best.Idea.Ever. (I am serious).

But no - forget it. EA/Maxis would never implement "adult" content into this game. unfortunately. J

To be honest, Remember stripping was in the game in the sims 3 showtime? I think. or pole dancing?
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I think this should be okay if it dosent get adult content like stripping, but it could be used for excersise and fun and there could be a skill for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    woodenbear50woodenbear50 Posts: 38 Member
    EA should put together an adult pack for things like pole dancing, strip poker and so on! I would pay a larger price even make it so the underage cannot buy it....
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Just download a mod for it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    There's so much more EA can do with a T-rating. It's like they think that one-T-rating item is okay, but two T-rating things makes it an R rating.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    @Loanet there were "Party Dancers" in Sims 3 Generations.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like this idea but yeah I don't think it will ever come. I do understand it's used as excercise ect too.. I just think the stigma attached to it would be too scary for a company like this to produce. If they ever did my kudos to them. I doubt I'd use the possibility of that type of skill in a wholesome way in my game though... I'd use it for storylines. I think we will get more dances ect first. I think the best that can be hoped for is some sort of acrobats or other packs that might use poles ... like a fireman ect. Then modders can take it from there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Get rid of T for teen. They would make a LOT more money. There are a lot of people out there who would like a more mature game but don't want to go to an online game like SL. Look at all the mods out there, that tells you something. Or maybe they could call it something else and not Sims.
  • Options
    I think many of the things people want could still be implemented under T, but EA doesn't have the guts to try.

Obviously we wouldn't get naked, and it would still be woo-hoo, but T is a much wider range than EA pretends.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think many of the things people want could still be implemented under T, but EA doesn't have the guts to try.

Obviously we wouldn't get naked, and it would still be woo-hoo, but T is a much wider range than EA pretends.

well if you ask me someone who has no relationship at all getting a bit
    frisky
    in hottub..seems very wooohooish
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, @MadameLee but no matter what they say is happening, you never see anything. Not that I want to, but that's not the point.

T - that's Teen, 13 and up. so in some ways The Sims hits it just fine. Of course the nudity censor seems to get bigger every game...

Thing is, a lot of people who play the Sims, at least the full version, are 18 and up, not because it's an adult game but because of the genre of building houses and family management and getting jobs simply being something more appreciated by adults. Heck, we've got vampires and ghosts and pregnancy and curses and DEATH. We have Yoga, which can get kind of sexy at high levels.

So pole-dancing seems almost tame in comparison.