Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The only Sims 4 toddler

Comments

• Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is being offered on Origin's new subscription site. It's the starter pack plus two other packs.

I wish I could play TS3 right now. It just won't run smoothly on my current computers with all the expansion packs installed. Gah!
    TS4 plays much more smoothly, which I love about it, but I want to be able to play TS3 as well.
  • Options
    mskube wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Aha - thank you both. I kept thinking maybe it was some enormous confetti - lol. Just wasn't sure.

Its weird that they call them stars when their shape is square. They come in a variety of colors and they light up, I used them once as a border around my patio. That's probably more information then you wanted lol.

Oh, they light up? Ok, that put's a different spin on things. But they always look scattered around, don't they? Hmmm, well, actually a border around the patio would probably look really nice. :smiley:

Haha I believe each piece is the size of a floor tile and scattered with floor stars (squares), like jewels. I was thinking they might look cool on the dance floors from get together, but I haven't tried it.

Sorry OP didn't mean to derail your thread.

Haha no worries!

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is being offered on Origin's new subscription site. It's the starter pack plus two other packs.

I wish I could play TS3 right now. It just won't run smoothly on my current computers with all the expansion packs installed. Gah!
    TS4 plays much more smoothly, which I love about it, but I want to be able to play TS3 as well.

Sims3 played very smoothly on my puter when I only had base, and two EP's, no SP's or store stuff. It was adding things that made it more iffy. Do you really think this will not happen to Sims4? I've already seen threads with people complaining of more lag since they have added things. That is supposedly the reason for the Sims3 update on origin is to warn people not to play with all their stuff and they changed the launcher so you can omit ep's/sp's. I have all EP's, all SP's and all store stuff. My game is fine as long as I don't add too much extra in the world I am playing currently. I've learned how much can go in and only add my fav venues or PC items, and have other worlds that have my other fav things in them and my sims can travel to those worlds with Nraas traveller. I also use Nraas Error Trap and Overwatch to catch the problems that EA never felt the need to fix :(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ebuchala and JoAnne - I think you both always had some great points - whether or not they were different or alike my own - you are always both a great read - often informative, sometimes a different prospective - but always enjoyable to me. I am sure to many others as well. But yes - the early Sims 4 forum was totally out of control - I don't care what side of the game take one had - it seemed there was always many people just out to hand out grief and insult more than anything. It was often like screeching chalk on a chalkboard. LOL.
    Thank you, that's really nice to read :smile:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @ebuchala I remember TS4 section being full of a lot of grief for all involved. I had no plans on buying TS4, and honestly I was really angry that it was being released, as I had finally got the packs that fit my niches (Supernatural and Into the Future.) I did want to keep tabs on it, though, just in case they shared something profound, as I could not help but be curious about the features, so I did frequent that section just before the demo came out.

Much like now, TS3 and TS4 fans treated each other awfully in that section. It was bad enough that I stopped visiting it and buried my head in the Activity Feed on my Sims 3 My Page. I picked up info for TS4 via press releases, and stayed the heck out of that section of the forums. It was definitely a double sided hostility, though it did feel to me like TS4 fans were more offensive, but honestly that probably had more to do with my perspective than anything else. I was enjoying TS3 finally, and I was sad that TS4 was releasing so soon after the final expansion. I think I noticed the comments directed at TS3 players more, because I was a sims 3 player. It's a very natural human reaction, but I do remember some really horrible comments being made by Sims 3 players too. It's what eventually caused me to stop visiting that section of the forums, because I was embarrassed at how everyone treated one another and it seemed impossible to remain neutral and get along. People were drawing some serious lines in the sand.

I definitely agree that there was plenty of mud slinging from the fan base regardless of which game was you were supporting.
    I felt it was more a pro Sims 2/against Sims 3 club back then, because Sims 4 hadn't had the chance yet to get any fans. I'm not whining about it btw, just saying that it never chased me away. If anything it made me more 'bellicose', I wanted any guru reading along there to be aware not everybody felt that way lol. Not that I made a difference, they flushed Sims 3 anyway :disappointed:

There are legitimate attacks against peeps on the forums, and I'm not trying to downplay that aspect as I know it's there, but I also think many times people misconstrue the bolded part of your statement and interpret a difference of opinion as an affront as well. From my own perspective, I'll reply with a counter opinion in complaint threads because of that same reason. I want the gurus to know that not everyone hates a particular feature or feels it needs to be changed. Especially now that they seem to be adding back the features I DIDN'T care for from previous installments of the game... but leaving out the ones I would like to see return! It's rather comical from an outside perspective, but really irritating as a fan. ;) lol Sometimes people take that counter opinion personal, and feel like they are being dismissed when they're not. I'd go so far as to say that most people simply want their preferences on the table as well, so that all aspects are present if the devs read the thread.

Again, I'm not referring to the people who say things like "You're a plumbob, that's a terrible idea. Learn to sim, you obviously never played (whatever their favorite version is)." They deserve the reactions they get, but I see plenty of people who amicably state their opinions getting slammed as well, and that's really not ok, no matter what previously happened to any of us in the past.

I didn't notice a TS2 vs TS3 atmosphere in TS4 section then... but I DID notice that on TS3 forums back in the day. It was pretty intense! >.< The Sims series in general seems to spark very passionate reactions from its fan base. :D

TS3 isn't flushed <3 lol, it may not have active development from Maxis, but it's a fully fleshed out installment of The Sims and has a great array of tools available for its fans to utilize now... most fan creations generally tend to be better anyway. ;) You don't have to wait for anything anymore, it's all at your fingertips!

Its weird that they call them stars when their shape is square. They come in a variety of colors and they light up, I used them once as a border around my patio. That's probably more information then you wanted lol.
    Wow... Thanks for sharing this! I did not know they lit up. I didn't think much of them when I got them, and thus have never used them. I feel a little foolish that I never gave them a proper chance. The fact that they light up is really cool!
    To clarify: when I say 'Sims 3 was flushed' I'm not referring to the game itself, but to the fact they literally dropped everything that made that game great (to me that is of course) when they developed Sims 4. They flushed toddlers, they flushed CASt and they flushed open world. And not only did they flush those features, they told us it was the best decision they could make. Toddlers apparently we didn't want ourselves and open world made it 'harder to feel as connected with the town and your sims'.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,654 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Sims3 played very smoothly on my puter when I only had base, and two EP's, no SP's or store stuff. It was adding things that made it more iffy. Do you really think this will not happen to Sims4? I've already seen threads with people complaining of more lag since they have added things. That is supposedly the reason for the Sims3 update on origin is to warn people not to play with all their stuff and they changed the launcher so you can omit ep's/sp's. I have all EP's, all SP's and all store stuff. My game is fine as long as I don't add too much extra in the world I am playing currently. I've learned how much can go in and only add my fav venues or PC items, and have other worlds that have my other fav things in them and my sims can travel to those worlds with Nraas traveller. I also use Nraas Error Trap and Overwatch to catch the problems that EA never felt the need to fix :(

All I have to say is it's probably their computer. My pc isn't a gaming pc and i'm playing with all settings on medium/high with no lag. And I have everything but stuff packs.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Astro wrote: »

All I have to say is it's probably their computer. My pc isn't a gaming pc and i'm playing with all settings on medium/high with no lag. And I have everything but stuff packs.

Yeah, but unfortunately, it's a real carp shoot as to whether your computer is going to be a "victim" or not. I had a medium-high gaming computer with, at the time, a pretty good graphics card and the game was laggy, routing issues, long render times, etc. I couldn't even play IP because of the horrible issues it had.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yeah... I ran into that as well. I've played TS3 across 3 different systems in my time playing it... and I always had frustrating lags and crashes even with NRAAS help. If it wasn't for Crin's help threads I probably wouldn't have been able to play at all. I found my favorite TS3 save on a thumb drive a few weeks ago during some winter cleaning and was super excited. It was a save I had been blogging about, but thought I lost when my hard drive went poof a few years ago. It was so exciting to see one of my favorite families again! I was hoping maybe I could finish their story. The game was very laggy, but that has always been the case for me and honestly doesn't really matter when you're writing stories, so that really didn't stop me. About 15 minutes in the game crashed though, and the sadness and disappointment was very overwhelming with that. I haven't opened it up again. I did get a great screenshot of my favorite evil genie, though! I so hope I will be able to make him in TS4 someday.
    Screenshot-6%20640x360_zpsjw1p3bsd.jpg

It really does seem to be quite random as to who can run which games well. I have had TS4 crash on me 2 times since release... which is a spectacular record for me in regard to a sims game. My game did get laggy recently, but once I cleared caches and repaired the game file it went away (don't know which one cured it or if it was a combination of both, but it worked).

I've seen Jarsie say she can't play TS4 because the game doesn't recognize her graphics card, but she can play TS3 just fine. I've seen peeps say TS4 lags for them when TS3 doesn't. So it definitely seems like the games are very much hit and miss for each particular customer's system. That experience definitely shapes the consumer's opinion of the game.

Some people are attempting to play both games with specs that don't meet the minimum requirements, so obviously they run into issues as you'd expect, but there are plenty of users out there who exceed those specs greatly that run into problems in both games as well. I play the one that doesn't lag and doesn't crash for me, and I have a lot of fun in it. Everyone else obviously needs to do what's best for them and play the one that they can enjoy, whatever their reasons for that. There is no right or wrong answer here. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,654 Member

Yeah, but unfortunately, it's a real carp shoot as to whether your computer is going to be a "victim" or not. I had a medium-high gaming computer with, at the time, a pretty good graphics card and the game was laggy, routing issues, long render times, etc. I couldn't even play IP because of the horrible issues it had.

I was talking about TS4, but with 3 I have a few ep and I can play the game fine at medium settings. But I get your point.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I was talking about TS4, but with 3 I have a few ep and I can play the game fine at medium settings. But I get your point.

Oops, sorry. I read the previous quote as commenting more on 3 so I didn't realize you were talking about 4. But it is the same issue, I think. One of the downsides to pc gaming and, for the devs, making a pc game. Since systems aren't standardized in any meaningful way, there's no way they can make software that works perfectly for every system.

I know you know what I meant--just babbling at this point, I guess. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options

Eek for some reason I haven't really thought abut that happening with Sims 4. I hope it won't! I have everything for Sims 4 so far and it seems to be playing pretty much the same, sometimes my sims seem to pause a bit while doing things but I don't think it's lag, they look around and smile etc.

Maybe that is my problem with Sims 3, I want everything loaded including store stuff lol. I am planning on getting a new computer so I can play sims 3 again... I'll probably install all 4 games on it. I wish I could get it now - Sims 3 does not run nicely on my macbook pro nor on my wife's acer (doesn't have a dedicated graphics card). Sims 2 runs okay on her computer, and great on my mac, but the mac version doesn't have some of the expansion packs in the Super Collection that I have.

I miss playing the Sims 3 so much!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Eek for some reason I haven't really thought abut that happening with Sims 4. I hope it won't! I have everything for Sims 4 so far and it seems to be playing pretty much the same, sometimes my sims seem to pause a bit while doing things but I don't think it's lag, they look around and smile etc.

Maybe that is my problem with Sims 3, I want everything loaded including store stuff lol. I am planning on getting a new computer so I can play sims 3 again... I'll probably install all 4 games on it. I wish I could get it now - Sims 3 does not run nicely on my macbook pro nor on my wife's acer (doesn't have a dedicated graphics card). Sims 2 runs okay on her computer, and great on my mac, but the mac version doesn't have some of the expansion packs in the Super Collection that I have.

I miss playing the Sims 3 so much!
    It is the nature of the Sims. The Sims 4 is bound to get more packs than the Sims 3 did not counting the store, so lag will hit sooner or later if a computer isn't updated to accommodate for the extra space and with a fairly decent graphics card that can updated as well. You kind of have to plan ahead with the Sims games and go beyond the base game minimal requirements. It tends to be cheaper to run the Sims on a desktop computer, because updating the graphics card on a laptop with a kit can be pretty expensive and would be better spent on a new computer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I wish toddlers come back soon . And free babies from the crib .
  • Options
    pupunikpupunik Posts: 62 Member
    > @Karenn said:
    > Toddler announcement = any day now, waiting. :)

will we have toddlers?
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    A while ago someone posted on here showing a skin of a toddler found in the code. If you look at the highlights and shadows of this skin it looks exactly like the skin on the rendered toddler shown in the "unique" render...

I cant post links but you can search this: Toddlers! Confirmed? Yes/No/Maybe?
    The user who created this was MrSimmis
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Sad..
  • Options
    RestlessJukeboxRestlessJukebox Posts: 69 Member
    @klovesjen I would post the link for the thread but I'm not allowed to because I'm a newbie, but go and search Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers in the search engine for this site.You might like reading through it, and some of the gurus also replied to that thread. If you google "the sims 4" and look at the news section, there will be this news article that is up about new Sims 4 DLC. In the article, it says that toddlers are finally in development and coming! This is so exciting!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @klovesjen I would post the link for the thread but I'm not allowed to because I'm a newbie, but go and search Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers in the search engine for this site.You might like reading through it, and some of the gurus also replied to that thread. If you google "the sims 4" and look at the news section, there will be this news article that is up about new Sims 4 DLC. In the article, it says that toddlers are finally in development and coming! This is so exciting!

@RestlessJukebox there's no proof though for what they are saying though. they are only going by rumors
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    A while ago someone posted on here showing a skin of a toddler found in the code. If you look at the highlights and shadows of this skin it looks exactly like the skin on the rendered toddler shown in the "unique" render...

Someone recently found a complete Olympus sim in the game too (a woman). For all we know this skin has to do with old plans, not with new ones.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @MelissaStarbees yeah, but in the thread mentioned SimGuruDrake actually took notice of the thread and put it in the general discussion section (is that what it's called?). It could mean something, but it could also mean nothing at all! I have some quotes here:

"According to Simsvip, SimGuruDrake stickied a thread on the official forums in early March 2016. The thread is devoted to toddlers, a life stage controversially removed from The Sims 4 and often demanded by fans. Which means toddlers are coming, and they will be based on fans’ requests. Maxis can only hope that news holds fans over until the next announcement." - Inquister.com

"The gamers were disappointed because The Sims 4 lacks toddlers, but Maxis and The Sims Studio will finally bring them, and they will be based on fans’ requests." - Neurogadget
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @MelissaStarbees yeah, but in the thread mentioned SimGuruDrake actually took notice of the thread and put it in the general discussion section (is that what it's called?). It could mean something, but it could also mean nothing at all! I have some quotes here:

"According to Simsvip, SimGuruDrake stickied a thread on the official forums in early March 2016. The thread is devoted to toddlers, a life stage controversially removed from The Sims 4 and often demanded by fans. Which means toddlers are coming, and they will be based on fans’ requests. Maxis can only hope that news holds fans over until the next announcement." - Inquister.com

"The gamers were disappointed because The Sims 4 lacks toddlers, but Maxis and The Sims Studio will finally bring them, and they will be based on fans’ requests." - Neurogadget

@RestlessJukebox dude its not an official thing. SimGuruDrake did it cause she was curious about what we wanted she doesn't work on developing on the game. heres some proof from her

'Before I head off for the evening I wanted to come in and say that I am moving this to the general discussion area.

Please do not comment in here with "I don't want toddlers" or anything of the sort. This is an ideas thread for those players who do and what they would like to see from this life state and it should remain as such.'

'I understand you want an answer to this question, something I cannot provide you, but I am interested in seeing what you want from this life state. I am not a designer, developer, or anything of that sort and I do not work on the game itself but I am curious (as someone whose play style is not family play) to learn the things that you love about this particular life state. Since I joined the team almost a year ago (holy moly it's been that long?!) I've read through as many threads as I can to learn about why this life state is important to family players because I want to understand where you are coming from. This is why I asked for a bit more detail because I do want to understand the wants a needs from the community and to understand the different play styles associated with that. I know that toddlers is important to you, as does the team because they do read the forums, but I am personally interested to know what it is about toddlers that really helps to immerse you in the family play style.'

see she was curious for family players why toddlers helps family players want toddlers that's why it was sticky until EA comes out and says that toddlers are back everyone isn't gonna get their hopes up with that plum. they don't have real proof that ea is coming out and saying it.
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Someone recently found a complete Olympus sim in the game too (a woman). For all we know this skin has to do with old plans, not with new ones.

Nope can't be from Olympus because the online version only had Adults and YA's - no other life stage period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    Good times... ;)
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options

Nope can't be from Olympus because the online version only had Adults and YA's - no other life stage period.
    Oh, I didn't know that, but what I rather meant was that there are old codes in the game apparently. Which could also be the case with that skin.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @MelissaStarbees Thanks for destroying my hopes...haha jk. I still hope we will be getting them soon though...