Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So SimGuruDrake asked...

what we would hope to see in terms of hints for future content, and I would like to start a thread about hints and what they could look like.

I think this community is used to hearing about future content to look forward to, and it got us hyped about what was to come. Now that we are no longer privy to any information, hints would help. A LOT. I know for me, personally, I remember learning about seasons for S3 and the possibilities got me so excited I just couldn't wait to play. I have to say that, while I do enjoy the game and most of its content, I have yet to have that feeling of pure joy about what is coming. Mostly because I don't know.

So what do I want hints for? Well, for me it's the theme of the pack. Obviously if I could know every detail in terms of content then that would be option A, but we all know that's not going to happen.

For example, GP3 is rumored to be restaraunt themed, and if they would just confirm that the hints that led to this rumor were correct, I can already see myself getting hyped for the possibilities.

So what would you like to see hints for? How should Gurus, if they do, hint? And are hints a good thing? Do they lead to disappointment? Is this discussion totally pointless since they won't comment?

Thoughts please! :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited March 2016
    Raccoon woohoo game pack. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    I Agree, we need something to look forward.
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    I think most of their hints, that are real hints, are quite straightforward. So, they usually don't disappoint me. I do like it if they give us hints now and then to keep us on our toes. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I'd also appreciate hints. Images can be really good speculation-fodder and incite discussion which helps to breathe more life into the forums.

I think it only leads to disappointment when people interpret a hint in a way that sounds awesome, but ultimately isn't accurate. Hype can be a simultaneously awesome and terrible thing.

I really like KayxxFanpire's idea of riddles or things that require community collaboration to work out. It's like that message that was written in Simlish prior to TS4's release that had to be decrypted by the community. That was pretty awesome.

With TS4, it currently feels like (and comparatively still is) it's lacking in content compared to all the previous games. People want more content and we all go through the pain of having to wait for expansions to be released. Anything that would help ease the wait would be helpful, I think.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I miss hints from TS3. Once there were hints, I started to suffer from PEPS.

I think I'd like hints on the theme. Images are awesome. Maybe hinting that a sim is going to do something that could potentially lead to something else (like swimming could lead to wanting a diving board).

Idk, I'm not good at explaining. Overall, hints towards themes are a must for me.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hints are fun. I think we only got a pixelated pic as a hint for the "Prism Art Studio" venue and the "Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station" in TS3. That was fun, because we figured out that the pixels actually represented stained glass windows. Otherwise I remember that hint as super frustrating, because it was too difficult to see any shape or form in the image... so that type of hint was just fun for a day. The censored phrases are just as difficult to get something from.

Personally I would rather see them posting pictures and / or texts as hints. Then we can analyze the images and the texts for clues!
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I miss hints from TS3. Once there were hints, I started to suffer from PEPS.

I think I'd like hints on the theme. Images are awesome. Maybe hinting that a sim is going to do something that could potentially lead to something else (like swimming could lead to wanting a diving board).

Idk, I'm not good at explaining. Overall, hints towards themes are a must for me.
    This!

And as @KayxxFanpire said, riddles! Riddles are fun and exciting to analyze for clues!

Edit: Hints are fun, but I would rather have them tell us upfront what we can expect from upcoming packs, and then they could give us hints about some of the new content perhaps?!
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    If the hints are true to the pack being released the no disappointment will be happen! I think the problem at the moment is the community is looking for potential hints EVERYWHERE which is why we end up disappointed when its not true :(

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think it'd be fun if they gave use hints but community members would have to decode them, I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy puzzles lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited March 2016
    I think official hints, made cryptic with something such as a code or blurry picture, would be fun. Heck even write some jumbled code in Simlish and see how many of us can truly solve it (*Pst*Not me...lol). I can wait on news and the like (Heck I've been waiting on the announcement for the next Stevenbomb on CN for months now, for example) but for the community's sake, I think something to bring up some chatter and buzz that is confirmed official would be beneficial for everyone.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'd like to just simply know officially what the next pack/expansion is about. The general theme. HInts are fine but we've had to grasp at straws so far in TS4 so it would be nice to get some straightforward, open and clear official communication.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I think it'd be fun if they gave use hints but community members would have to decode them, I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy puzzles lol

Me too! Puzzles are fun :D The speculation threads on the old TS3 Forum was spectacular! We had so much fun, and the threads felt like a safe place, away from forum drama and bickering! I think, if done right, the official hints could bring us all more together.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    I believe in the past they had done hints with blurry pictures and with censored phrases (ex. ####) I think stuff like that would be fun again. Maybe a blurry picture is released a few weeks before an officially announcement and as it gets closer,they re-release the picture but less blurry. Or,release a censored sentance and reveal some letters as the official announcement gets closer. They even could give us riddles or something similar to work out.

I think hints are a good thing. Everyone wants to know what's next. Hints give us all something to think about and look forward to before an actual announcement :)

Actually that was not the Sims Game team but the the Sims 3 store team that did that. The store team was at a completely different studio and probably not something the game team is familiar with doing. The game team - at least during Sims 1 and Sims 2 used to just tell us, even include a few actual game play pics for the next ep right in the package - of the next pack coming. They just did not tell us everything and left lots of info secret so we could be surprised. But we always knew the theme, had a few actual screenshots, and even had a small outline of what the next pack was about. The peps was immense because we were so excited - instead of us getting frustrated, angry, and tense up knowing nothing like we know now.

The store team was the ones with the silly hints and fuzzy pictures. I was not very impressed - having been used to getting more straight forward answers until I realized the game team had begun telling us nothing period - most of Sims 3 - and of course the store team only covered the store content - and were not even at the same studio as the game team. The store team was in Salt Lake City studio back during Sims 3 production.

I prefer the way the game team used to be where they shared actual bits of info - not silly hints and fuzzy pictures like the store team. That was only barely better than what we get now with no info. I suppose if we were all 10 or 12 it might be alright - I just get annoyed with that idea. I want direct straight forward bits of actual info with a screen shot now and then like we got with Sims 1 and Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I mean. Maybe they could just TELL us things. Hints are what we search for out of desperation. I don't want hints... I want info.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Honestly, they don't care what we think in my opinion. They will continue forward with whatever game plan they have going. Even if they are trying to listen, I am sure they will never understand what we want because they are not engaging us in dialogue. They are concerned more about introducing themselves to the forums but never talk here, can't give us information, we can't blame them for anything so yeah what is the point...lol

There is a reason some of us are attached to Gurus like Lindsay, Graham, Sarah, Lisa(when she was there), Ryan, Argus, etc...They were all part of live broadcast that gave us exciting news and it made them feel part of the community. Even if they had to take back something they said, we still cared about them because they felt more like a friend rather than Secret Agent Guru holding Sims 4 information hostage while a riot breaks out on the forums. It is really frustrating how they are handling things now. It is really hard to stay excited about the game when you feel so in the dark.

Speculation threads used to be fun now they are the worse. I read some great speculations on the next stuff pack and seeing Romantic Garden was a total let down. It wasn't a totally bad stuff pack but it wasn't great either. It definitely wasn't anything people have been asking for a year now like family play items and toddlers.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I WANT HINTS! AND A LOT OF THEM!
    Actually, it doesn't really matter to me what kind of hints that would be, as long as we have something to be excited about. It may be a puzzle for us to solve, a code to decode, or simply a suspicious phrasing of a tweet like it was with "the possible restaurant pack".

The only thing that I really want is for gurus to confirm or deny our suspicious that something is a hint. Because when they don't do it, we start to find hints where there's none and then get disappointed and upset.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really like hints, but I also just like to know :D
    Just because then I know what I can expect, maybe just before that a few fun hints where we can guess what we get, but I think it takes too long sometimes and then you don't hear anything anymore.

I'm currently playing Planet coaster and they're very open with their products and I like that a lot more actually, just because then I know where I spend my money on. So that changed that for me I guess. So, either really good hints that gives us pleasure in solving them, or be upfront about them and not put to much time between the item/release.

:blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I just want SOMETHING. The absolute lack of information is very discouraging. Hints are very helpful in getting players (at least me) excited about upcoming content and new packs.
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I like hints that are given in game ... like, mysterious items hinting at future content, or challenges that are patched into the game to set up a big reveal for something else, or maybe a lot and/or family that comes with an expansion pack that has a backstory relevant to later content. That might be a bit too intense and time consuming, so I think that playfully hinting on the forums or on twitter is a good thing.

If they like having these temporary challenges with the NPC's, I think it would be cool if the challenges were not always themed for just the holidays, but themed to vaguely hint at future content.

I like hints on everything except for SP's, because I really couldn't care less about them. But EP's, GP's, and patches is all stuff I like hearing about.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I have a question for @SimGuruDrake actually, regarding hints.
    It's been clear that you guys can't/won't give us hints about future content, but I don't undestand something: once you guys start working on an EP/GP/SP, and I mean totally working on it, like, it's going to be released veeery soon or in the near future... why can't you give hints about that specific content you're developing? I'm not talking about content that might be put in development, but content that's created in this very moment and that's obviously going to be released soon.
    Do you have some sort of rule that forbid you to talk about content that's not already 200% finished? And by talking I mean... hinting :tongue:
    (sorry for my terrible english oh gosh)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    If they want to give cutesy hints, that's fine. I figure SOME news is far better than NO news, hints or otherwise. The lack of communication is stifling and is the root cause, in my not-so-humble opinion, of the unrest in the forums that quickly breeds the arguments and out-of-control posting that can get vicious.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Perhaps they can tell us the theme and approximate month of release for the game packs, and keep the expansion packs a secret - sounds like a good compromise to me
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    At least the theme of the pack.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    At least the theme of the pack.

But what if it's just another random pack that doesn't have a theme like GT? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I'd like to just simply know officially what the next pack/expansion is about. The general theme. HInts are fine but we've had to grasp at straws so far in TS4 so it would be nice to get some straightforward, open and clear official communication.

I totally agree with your post!