Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIX GENERIC LOT TYPE FOR HOMELESS SIMS

I have several homeless sims I dont wish to see to die out on the streets so I made a homeless shelter which they cannot USE OR GO TO because Generic lots have been broken since 2 years ago? Please fix this, there is no longer the option to turn off randomly created sims therefore resulting in overcrowded limited lot neighborhoods and lots of homeless sims, Either Make a Homeless Shelter Lot Type or Just Make Visitors Allowed on Generic Please and Thank you Youve had 2 years to fix this get to it.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My question to the gurus is what is the purpose of the generic lot. Future content/gameplay? What did you mean for us to do with it right now? Since Sims won't visit it no matter what we try to do, or was it just for us to make Sims visit with our Sims? Not sure that even worked right, anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I place items in the parks for the homeless sims to use like showers and beds and things. lol I usually make an underground sort of dorm that they can sleep in etc. Not ideal but is a sort-of workaround.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    They ought to have a Visitors Allowed/No Visitors allowed toggle for a generic lot. I think some developer once said it was intended to use as a private getaway for your Sims. Well, phooey on that Louie! Make it generic so I can make a no-tell motel out of it that npc Sims can visit and maybe use some of the facilities, while you take your Sim and their significant other out on a date there for a little sneaky woo-hoo or something.

There's all kinds of things that you can do with a generic lot if only it worked like a real community lot where other Sims would visit, including making a wedding venue out of it. By the way I believe if you take a played Sim to a generic lot, sooner or later other Sims will visit the lot.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    They ought to have a Visitors Allowed/No Visitors allowed toggle for a generic lot. I think some developer once said it was intended to use as a private getaway for your Sims. Well, phooey on that Louie! Make it generic so I can make a no-tell motel out of it that npc Sims can visit and maybe use some of the facilities, while you take your Sim and their significant other out on a date there for a little sneaky woo-hoo or something.

There's all kinds of things that you can do with a generic lot if only it worked like a real community lot where other Sims would visit, including making a wedding venue out of it. By the way I believe if you take a played Sim to a generic lot, sooner or later other Sims will visit the lot.

It would be actually quite good if generic lot did work like a private getaway... only sims do visit the lot when you are there with your sims.... so both ways is a fail. You can't take your sims there for a private (I aint got no townies joining in) date because sims do visit. And you can't really rely on sims visiting the generic lots as usually its only one or two... just enough to ruin your date. *face palm*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    A generic visitors allowed lot, which can be used as anything my imagination dictates, is something I really miss in Sims 4.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited March 2016
    If they were intended for private getaways... Why on earth can't we use generic lots as club hangouts? The whole no-visitors thing makes sense in that case, but as it is, I can't have an actual country-club sort of lot for my elder clubs, because setting it as a lounge or nightclub allows younger adults to show up.... Same for a youth center, can't make it so my teen-only club can actually have a teen-only hangout.. Setting that as a lounge or nightclub or a park even means adults make themselves at home....

Echoing @Cinebar here... What's the purpose of them if we can't use them for anything practical?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I use the generic lot type when I am building before I change the lot type to something else. I don't have problems with other Sims visiting the lot.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have never had any other Sim visit a generic lot in my game and that's even after repairing the game about ten times and even starting brand new in a new pc this year, without any old saves. One single Sim goes there and wait for hours and no one shows up. So, I have no idea why other players' games work their way and mine or others don't. The one thing that bugs me about TS4 is, it's not consistent on matters like this just as much as it's not consistent how many Sims show up anywhere else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    Even if the Generic lot acted a bit like a community hub/centre where it wouldn't be much use unless you hold a function there, at least it would be something.
    At the moment the only reason I can see it as being an option is for any person that is creating a certain lot type that isn't on the list of community lots.
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @Cinebar Maybe it is your computer and how it performs rather than the game. Different specs and operating systems will cause the game to perform differently.

@AFerrari0908 People already stated they use I for different reasons. I just stated I use it to test builds before I change the lot type. Someone else stated they use it for storing their collectibles.