Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    So I'm working on redoing my whole legacy site at the moment, and I'm trying to make a meet the characters page. I don't have any good pictures for my sims, so I'm going to have to go into CAS, and I'll probably give them a couple wardrobe changes. I'm afraid I've taken a few screenshots for new chapters that will have different outfits than what would be in the meet the character page. Is that weird? xD

Sorry if that was incredibly long-winded.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Popping in to drop off a chapter in between napping on my bus ride home :tongue:

RlmKxb6.jpg

Two more hours til I'm finally home! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Happy Timezones!!

Something exciting has happened with the Hawkins Triplets! Enjoy!!

Alien Babies, Here We Come!!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    DerubelleDerubelle Posts: 638 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! <3 Today I finally have access to my bf's laptop (which is not a steamy pile of...suckiness like my own laptop is) and thus I can crack on a bit with that darn ch 1.10 tht is getting on my nerves. I Just have to release into the world and be done with it already so wish me good luck.

What's everyone else up to? o:)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hi everyone :)
    Do you have plans for the next week? Mine are really stressful.
    First I have a 10 site long work to write for my final project. Then I have another 5 hour maths test. (Really I don't need that. I am a designer. Well, preparing for my final tests. Better not complaining too much. I mean it comes from my government to see if all works well.)
    Then I have a communication test about media in connection with body, time, … It is more than a 200 site long book to learn.
    The not so stress one is a big English test on Friday.
    So you see what I will do tomorrow: Looking forward to the weekend.

I hope your week looks better. :#
    Hugs
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Two WIPs in one picture!

tumblr_o2wmpjJTMa1ujgxy4o1_540.png
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @SimmerSteffie I think that's fine!!! :)

Ooh I have a question for @everyone about doing a character page! I think I want to do one for my legacy, as well as start a family tree. But these are my questions:

1) What info should I include in the character bios? Should I actually WRITE a bio for everyone? Or just list their traits and stuff? (For Dust to Dust, I did write back stories for everyone, but somehow that felt different because it's not a legacy haha)

2) What should I do for my family tree? I ask because I am getting fairly close to the end of Mari's arc/Gen 2's end. Should I just hold off another month or so for Gen 3 to be here? Or should I do one for now and then update it?

3) Do people who make family trees just do YAs on the tree? And if that's the case, does that actually mean I should wait until Mari's little sister is a YA before adding her to the tree? Because she won't be a YA until the middle of Gen 3. This is all very confusing :lol: I have noticed that most people do not show adult or elder versions of the sims on a family tree. But do you put the child/teens there and then update them after?

Sorry that that was so long and rambly. I am operating on very little sleep and am actually about to go nap again haha :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2016
    Two WIPs in one picture!

tumblr_o2wmpjJTMa1ujgxy4o1_540.png

That looks great Joel. I have been wanting more solids and diff patterns for those Movie hangout chairs
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @CitizenErased14 going to casually stalk your questions/answers because I am also curious. xD

Is there a way to get wordpress to let you have the picture on the left and the text to the right of it? 'cuz it looks like it's supposed to do that in the post editor thing, but then as soon as I click preview/publish it disappears.

nevermind I think I got it :blush:
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Ooh I have a question for @everyone about doing a character page! I think I want to do one for my legacy, as well as start a family tree. But these are my questions:

1) What info should I include in the character bios? Should I actually WRITE a bio for everyone? Or just list their traits and stuff? (For Dust to Dust, I did write back stories for everyone, but somehow that felt different because it's not a legacy haha)

2) What should I do for my family tree? I ask because I am getting fairly close to the end of Mari's arc/Gen 2's end. Should I just hold off another month or so for Gen 3 to be here? Or should I do one for now and then update it?

3) Do people who make family trees just do YAs on the tree? And if that's the case, does that actually mean I should wait until Mari's little sister is a YA before adding her to the tree? Because she won't be a YA until the middle of Gen 3. This is all very confusing :lol: I have noticed that most people do not show adult or elder versions of the sims on a family tree. But do you put the child/teens there and then update them after?

Sorry that that was so long and rambly. I am operating on very little sleep and am actually about to go nap again haha :tongue:

@CitizenErased14:

1. I like the idea of a short bio for everyone. Maybe listing their traits too. I think the bio just needs to be a quick recap of their personality/story.

2. Why not start a family tree now?

3. I add family tree people as soon as they appear in the story. So Mari's little sister can get a spot too. She's family and stuff.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    edited February 2016
    does anyone want to learn what appa means. Read my legacy!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@CitizenErased14:

1. I like the idea of a short bio for everyone. Maybe listing their traits too. I think the bio just needs to be a quick recap of their personality/story.

3. I add family tree people as soon as they appear in the story. So Mari's little sister can get a spot too. She's family and stuff.

@InfraGreen Thank you for your answers! Regarding Gabriela, should I put her on the tree as she currently is (a child) and then just update it until she's a YA? (I do like the idea of keeping everyone a YA on the tree). I just feel like I've never seen anyone younger than a YA on anyone's family tree :lol: (not that I've looked at THAT many of them, but still :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

@CitizenErased14:

@InfraGreen Thank you for your answers! Regarding Gabriela, should I put her on the tree as she currently is (a child) and then just update it until she's a YA? (I do like the idea of keeping everyone a YA on the tree). I just feel like I've never seen anyone younger than a YA on anyone's family tree :lol: (not that I've looked at THAT many of them, but still :tongue:)
    On the family tree I've made for After the Wedding, I don't stop at YA- I do have elders on my tree. The only ages that I won't do pictures for are babies, adults, and ghosts.
  • Options
    @InfraGreen @Pegasus143 Just to jump into the conversation - what program do you guys generally use to make your family trees? Or do you just create them yourself?
  • Options
    @SimmerSteffie: I use FamilyEcho, which is a browser-based family tree maker.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ive been writing the Benders for 2 months. thats a new record for me.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @InfraGreen @Pegasus143 Just to jump into the conversation - what program do you guys generally use to make your family trees? Or do you just create them yourself?
    I use family echo as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I tried family echo once and I didn't like how it looked so I kinda made my own :lol: That was back when I made my Dust to Dust family tree (which I made after the story was pretty much over, so my questions did not apply hehe) :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I tried Family Echo, but I didn't like the lack of colour customisation, so I made my own xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Yeah, FamilyEcho isn't perfect (especially with big, messed-up families. The Waverly family tree is such a mess already :p), but I like being able to link to a family tree and the ease of adding new entries there.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Yeah, FamilyEcho isn't perfect (especially with big, messed-up families. The Waverly family tree is such a mess already :p), but I like being able to link to a family tree and the ease of adding new entries there.

one of my generations was a mess too. i had brothers and sisters who were also cousins.i decided not to do that again.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Congrats, friendsfan! That's a huge accomplishment! And I have loved to see how your writing and your characters have developed within that time!

You've really got a talent and an ear for dialogue, comedy, and presenting family relationships!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Congrats, friendsfan! That's a huge accomplishment! And I have loved to see how your writing and your characters have developed within that time!

You've really got a talent and an ear for dialogue, comedy, and presenting family relationships!

and you get to keep your hair.lol.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I have such crazy mixed families in my New World rotation!

Sharon Pope's twins have Paolo as their step-dad, and he was kids with four women (one of whom is their dad's sister, their aunt)--and their dad has kids with two women! So, they've got about 11 half- and step-siblings! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Holy guacamole I think I did it.
    homepagetitle.png?w=708

My site is all fixed up and pretty and like. o_o
    Normal-ish.

I think I looked at Family Echo at one point and wasn't 100% sold on it, but I'm not skilled enough with like, editing and whatnot to do anything different I don't think. xD It's intuitive enough, if I end up making use of a family tree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top