Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have a mod for the lighting and another one for the size and amount of stars, let me have a look and I will pass you the links
    Post edited by junceda on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    you will find a lot of lighting stuff here http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww @esharpmajor <3 that's wonderful! I haven't had much play with ghosts either but you've made it look so cute!

Does the ghost have the same needs as a normal cat? I'd guess not but still lol.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited February 2016
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm just popping my head in. I continue to silently read these forums hoping for good news. Still nothing. I haven't played any Sim game since November when my laptop got Stollen. But I sure do miss playing Sims 2.

Anyway, I've been watching all the new content being dropped & I've still not been excited one bit. Every thing is party this and party that & I'm sick of it. TS4 still lacks depth & family play in my opinion.

So I continue to impatiently wait for something that will surely WOW me.
    On the other hand, I'm happy to see this thread is still going strong. The pictures are amazing! Happy Simming!

> Maxis lost the ability to created any thing new for a Sims game. Since those who target teens was hoping parties and cheating would be a hit, and its was so wrong,they were told and they didn't listen. So now EA/Maxis needs to figure how to repaired the mistakes that they made.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • Options
    sharene10sharene10 Posts: 20 Member
    I want, no I need you guy to make an expansion pack based on supernatural being. I would love to play with witches again but I want a major upgrade on it. I want, no need to make a Charmed family household, I need demon to attack ever once in awhile, having a BOS that grow with each generation. Healing powers, vision, freezing time , levation etc. I want them to be able to save people around town or in area. Werewolf's, banshees, fairies, angel, demon and a lot of life or death situations , situation in which your charmed Sim could die, since death is never the end, please give a way to come back to life some how. As you can see I'm obsessed with Charmed. I even have the comics continuing the series. So please answer my ssimmer wish. Oh yeah super heroes would be cool along with everything I just type. Please and thank u
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @sparkfairy1 weirdly yea it looks like she has the same needs. She hovers now instead of walking though, and she can pass through walls and objects!
  • Options
    Um @sharene10 you might want to copy and paste that post into the official feedback thread :)
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 weirdly yea it looks like she has the same needs. She hovers now instead of walking though, and she can pass through walls and objects!

Haha I should've known they would employ sims logic ;) that's pretty cool though :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Howdy all! I've been busy with starting my rotational play in TS4 this week (since Saturday). So far I have played the Jones family (originally from Riverview), the Bunch family (from Sunset Valley) and the Ivanovs (from RV). Here are the Ivanov children, they were supposed to be doing homework but I think they spent more time annoying each other lol:

011.png?dl=0&s=sl

I absolutely adore the library in Windenburg, here's Yuri having a game of chess there with Geoffrey Landgraab:

004.png?dl=0&s=sl

I've had plenty of family play so far. Although the Jones's are only a couple at the moment, I'm sticking with their TS3 wish to have a huge family and am currently working on baby no.1. I will have to grit my teeth when it is born and stuck to its crib for 4 years (I am going to be aging it to a child after 4 rotations).

I will probably have a complete fit when I work round to my first family and see all the lost relationships and extra-marital affairs...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I went back into my main save earlier for some casual play and got some pics of my old favourites :smile:

Sara and Marsha working on their homework
    screenshot_original.jpg

Marsha's house. Until recently this house had a routing issue which I finally solved
    screenshot_original.jpg

Ronroneao the dog. Brought from the pet adoption :smile:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lesa washing Ronroneao
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sky in TS3 can be really gorgeous

Screenshot-24_zpsfqdggxvt.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    @cheycuddlebug that's exactly what we've been asking since day one. Just an acknowledgement and transparency when it comes to this issue would start on a path of restoring trust for many. However the way it has been dealt with thus far has caused far worse damage to their customer base than just excluding them in the first place! They've compounded the issues with interviews claiming we are just looking for ep content and inferring that we are unreasonable. That's not on at all. They know full well it's nothing to do with ep content and everything to do with rushing out an unfinished base with no alteration to the premium price to account for the problems.

Premium priced products should be worth that price point from the day of purchase. Not one, two or three years on only when you've sunk more money into it. EA seem to have missed that.

I'm truly uncertain that I can regain faith in them, and every time I hear a stupid statement like we are unreasonable or the one that @S100Headache pointed out, "Will Wright needed Lucy Bradshaw".. ehh? and other stuff like that just makes me even more certain I just don't want to support that business anymore.
    @bekkasan It would not surprise me if Sims5, if ever made, will be a mobile game, even worse than Sims4.

I'm just hanging here because I like you guys, and I'm still interested about what's going on with you all and your games, and I hope that you will get toddlers eventually.

I'm not sure they would win me back either. Given that I used to defend them and worked hard to help to then seeing statements like those told me that they couldn't care less about their customers. There's one thing making a mistake-but its quite another to seek to blame your own customers for issues you as a company created in development. To be quite honest they don't deserve the loyalty that many of us felt to the game given that behaviour.

It's quite likely given they've stuck Maxis under the mobile division. That's even further from the quality pc version so many of us are looking for. And completely ridiculous-there is a huge market for the sims. It's just unlike what EA said pre TS4 that simmers would buy anything I think many of us have shown expectations of quality which make that statement untrue. [/
    @cheycuddlebug that's exactly what we've been asking since day one. Just an acknowledgement and transparency when it comes to this issue would start on a path of restoring trust for many. However the way it has been dealt with thus far has caused far worse damage to their customer base than just excluding them in the first place! They've compounded the issues with interviews claiming we are just looking for ep content and inferring that we are unreasonable. That's not on at all. They know full well it's nothing to do with ep content and everything to do with rushing out an unfinished base with no alteration to the premium price to account for the problems.

Premium priced products should be worth that price point from the day of purchase. Not one, two or three years on only when you've sunk more money into it. EA seem to have missed that.

I'm truly uncertain that I can regain faith in them, and every time I hear a stupid statement like we are unreasonable or the one that @S100Headache pointed out, "Will Wright needed Lucy Bradshaw".. ehh? and other stuff like that just makes me even more certain I just don't want to support that business anymore.
    @bekkasan It would not surprise me if Sims5, if ever made, will be a mobile game, even worse than Sims4.

I'm just hanging here because I like you guys, and I'm still interested about what's going on with you all and your games, and I hope that you will get toddlers eventually.

I'm not sure they would win me back either. Given that I used to defend them and worked hard to help to then seeing statements like those told me that they couldn't care less about their customers. There's one thing making a mistake-but its quite another to seek to blame your own customers for issues you as a company created in development. To be quite honest they don't deserve the loyalty that many of us felt to the game given that behaviour.

It's quite likely given they've stuck Maxis under the mobile division. That's even further from the quality pc version so many of us are looking for. And completely ridiculous-there is a huge market for the sims. It's just unlike what EA said pre TS4 that simmers would buy anything I think many of us have shown expectations of quality which make that statement untrue.

> Once trust is lost it'll take a very long time for EA/Maxis to get it back,but since they like to blamed theirs customers instead of admitting that's its theirs faults that they made those mistakes in the first place,No that trust will never be restored as long as they can't take the blames for the Sims 4.

• Options
    GirldramadiariescatGirldramadiariescat Posts: 8 New Member
    Its true, the babies should be able to do way more and there should be toddlers, toddlers add the realism as the stage between a baby and a child :s
  • Options
    KateTheLarkKateTheLark Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks for all the pics everyone! It's so nice to see them, especially after trying to understand my plum Calculus homework. :/ So keep them coming (I know, I know...pot calling the kettle black. I'm working on it! I don't seem to have time)! It makes me want to bust out my Sims 3 games, even if there were so many problems at times. I miss it! I'm also just cautious of my computer because I don't want to load all this CC and have the hard drive crash again. But still...guess I now have plans for tonight! Toddlers and open world, here I come!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    One thing I'm waiting to see is if they'll do a "TS2 patch" with heaps of family play and the really basic features that should really be there. I'm very sure that they won't really do a "TS3 patch" since the only major requested things from that game are impossible to implement into TS4. Since I found that the SP's were planned really far ahead in advance, I'm going to see if they're actually going to finally listen this feedback. If there's nothing by halfway through the year on family play, then I'm not holding my hopes up for anything anymore.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are reaching the point that many of us are already at @HIFreeBirdIH :(

It makes me really sad. They absolutely don't deserve such loyal customers with the way things have been. We are nearly at a year and a half and to have no response to this issue, not even an acknowledgement is absolutely disgraceful. All of you deserve better.
  • Options
    such a good pic of the kraken!!

Screenshot-148_zpswtc43qfv.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    @junceda That's so freaky! I kind of love it!
    sweetbbdragonsweetbbdragon Posts: 49 Member
    I agree with you and I believe EA is working on it... for a long time now!
    I bet they want to make it look like something we never saw in The Sims :D
    Let's be patient :b
  • Options
    I hope you are right @sweetbbdragon but for many of us hoping turned into hurting so it's better not to put ourselves through that any more :) just waiting and seeing without expecting anything.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Gosh, I've been away from my computer for a little while and I fell so far behind...!

Alright, so since the other, *better* computer has been unoccupied since its owner is currently 6 hours away by car, I've been trying to play The Sims 3!! Trying to have a gooood time. Nope! For whatever reason, once it gets past its first save on ANY file (even after I've taken out the old Saves folder), the game refuses to save again. So I'll be stuck in a saving loop for more than an hour. Normally, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute. And there's a bad memory leak issue going on, too. So I'm back onto my computer to play it, I guess. Bummer. :(

I have been playing the town that was made on the Carl Sims 3 forum waaaay back when and I really like a lot of the little details that are in all of the Sims around town. So far, my favorite Sims are these two twins that share a clothing style and...a very unfortunate naming convention. I've also been trying to find worlds that actually HAVE the dangerous animals of the ocean appear in them. I've looked for either sharks or the Kraken forever, but I can't find either of them anywhere but the Isla Paradiso world. And I'm not about to load up THAT mess of a glitchy, path-crazy world!! Anyone have any recommendations?
  • Options
    @mizuru007 are you using save as or save? I'd ask in ts3 General-they are really helpful there :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2016
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Gosh, I've been away from my computer for a little while and I fell so far behind...!

Alright, so since the other, *better* computer has been unoccupied since its owner is currently 6 hours away by car, I've been trying to play The Sims 3!! Trying to have a gooood time. Nope! For whatever reason, once it gets past its first save on ANY file (even after I've taken out the old Saves folder), the game refuses to save again. So I'll be stuck in a saving loop for more than an hour. Normally, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute. And there's a bad memory leak issue going on, too. So I'm back onto my computer to play it, I guess. Bummer. :(

I have been playing the town that was made on the Carl Sims 3 forum waaaay back when and I really like a lot of the little details that are in all of the Sims around town. So far, my favorite Sims are these two twins that share a clothing style and...a very unfortunate naming convention. I've also been trying to find worlds that actually HAVE the dangerous animals of the ocean appear in them. I've looked for either sharks or the Kraken forever, but I can't find either of them anywhere but the Isla Paradiso world. And I'm not about to load up THAT mess of a glitchy, path-crazy world!! Anyone have any recommendations?

Rflong 7 has at least two worlds that have both - if not more - Her two worlds - that do for sure is Beach City and Legacy Island III. Legacy Island III is probably your best bet unless you have a super computer - lol - as Beach City is huge - Also I believe Tammy Jo has at least one island world as well with both, Izabol Atoll.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top