Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we do not miss

ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
So we hear a lot about what TS4 is missing but I'd be interested to know what it is missing BUT you do not miss.

It is missing news papers BUT I do not miss them. My sims never used them and they just ended up making messes decaying everywhere.

EDIT to add:

Since I went to sleep it appears people tried to come in and get their bloomers in a bunch because they thought, insinuated or otherwise tried to turn this into a bashing thread. To be clear I have been very vocal that I prefer TS2 over ts4 and that I miss toddlers a great deal to the point of my game style being ruined. My point in making this thread was because no product, even my beloved TS2 is perfect. Every one in the series had stuff people didn't like, that doesn't mean they didn't like the game. The point of this thread was to say specific things each person is glad wasn't in the game. Do I agree with everyone's opinions? Heck no BUT I appreciate them stating them without being nasty about it. If you can't handle reading opinions that don't agree with your own then move along. This thread is not intended for trolls or discontent.

Now I am going to get my first coffee of the day which I desperately need.
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
Post edited by ladybreid on

Comments

• Options
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    Did you know that in the sims 4 when your sims throw a black and white party they actually have the option to complain about the lack of newspapers! So you may not miss them but our sims apparently do ;P

Ha! that's funny. I haven't thrown parties in TS4
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    @lovejess2 I plum forgot that ice cream truck! I do not miss that either. I don't miss the Zombies either. I wouldn't have minded them if they were optional.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I know what I miss from Sims 4 when I go back to the Sims 3, the "manage households" feature.
  • Options
    I thought of something else I don't miss. I don't miss routing issues. I haven't had any so far in TS4
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    GlasgowSmilesGlasgowSmiles Posts: 209 Member
    I don't miss those newspapers, either! Nice that my sims have joined me in the digital age-- and it's not like the newspapers did anything that a computer couldn't, really. And if your sims didn't have a computer, you could send them to the library! The only thing I ever used the newspapers for was after I got pets, so that my sims' dog could destroy something that they wouldn't need to replace!

My gardening sims do not miss the zombies, that's for sure. So I'll second that one as well. Or the curfew.

It's nice to get to focus on the positive changes. I mean, it's fair to have spaces to complain about the things that we do miss-- as someone who goes back and forth between sims games, they each have pros and cons. But it's just really nice to have a thread to look at the changes for the better.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lets see newspapers... I didn't read them either and it was a mess in a few days.
    I don't miss burglers even if I liked the way they looked ;) .. I know well probably get those back :(.
    I don't miss the do nothing nanny from sims 2.
    I don't miss the mess stray pets made that I had to have my sims clean up.. had to get mods for that mess or I'd uninstall pets..
    I don't miss the the bugs.. roaches.. that is.
    I don't miss that want and fear wheel in Sims 2 that would only reset if you slept and would always change if you didn't pin it just before you could complete it.. I'd always get a mod so I could pin more of them down.
    I don't miss having to modify my game to enjoy it in any of the series.. so far at least ;)
    I don't miss the the way the sims looked in any prior version.
    Wow I could do this all night..

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I don't miss burgulars either, they were disruptive to my game play. Uggg the roaches, yeah I do not miss them.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't miss those newspapers, either! Nice that my sims have joined me in the digital age-- and it's not like the newspapers did anything that a computer couldn't, really. And if your sims didn't have a computer, you could send them to the library! The only thing I ever used the newspapers for was after I got pets, so that my sims' dog could destroy something that they wouldn't need to replace!

My gardening sims do not miss the zombies, that's for sure. So I'll second that one as well. Or the curfew.

It's nice to get to focus on the positive changes. I mean, it's fair to have spaces to complain about the things that we do miss-- as someone who goes back and forth between sims games, they each have pros and cons. But it's just really nice to have a thread to look at the changes for the better.

My Sims 2 sims always made paper airplanes with the newspapers or did crosswords in them. I certainly don't miss the newspaper litter, but I miss being able to read the headlines myself in Sims 3. Now, the closest thing I get to eavesdropping on what's news in my Sims worlds is watching the news TV station with them, which always shows the same weather forecast and warplanes. Speaking of which, I wish we could add custom videos to the TV stations, like we could with Sims 1.

One thing I don't miss about Sims 3 was that it had one radio station for all the player's custom music, and you couldn't add custom music to any other station. I have a large digital music collection, and not just in one genre. This was especially annoying when trying to play pre-made or Family Oriented Sims who liked Children's Music. While repeating a limited number of Children's music songs is something that routinely happens with children's toys or a single children's TV show, it is much less common for an actual radio station to have such a limited repertoire.

One thing I don't miss about Sims 1 and 2 was the graphics quality of the Sims themselves, unmodded, or in Sims 1, even with CAS mods.

Another thing I don't miss about Sims 2 (especially Sims 2 University dorms) is the constant autonomous turning on of stereos (usually to Salsa music in Sims 2 University, so I actually bought and added some salsa music to my personal music collection and converted some iTunes Latino freebies to mp3's so there would be more variety).

I also don't miss the raccoon from Sims 1 Unleashed (pets plus old town) waking up my Sims in the middle of the night, or Sims automatically setting fire to the stove if they tried to use it with less than 3 cooking skill.
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I agree about the newspapers. First thing I would do in Sims 3 is cancel the newspapers.
    Also the routing issues it does sometimes seems a little ridiculous how they can currently walk through things/people blocking their path but I will take that bit of unrealism over them waving their arms and complaining every two seconds because something is in their way and they can't take a half step to the right to get around it.
    I don't miss not having Multitasking. I LOVE my multitasking.

I honestly don't miss open world. Though I would love open neighborhoods in Sims 4 I don't want a full open world. I really really don't miss the length of time it took to get places and loosing an extra hour in the morning with travel time that they could have been getting extra sleep or taking care of needs or skilling.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I don't miss just playing the game to skill up and then getting bored. I love that there is so much more to do with our sims in Sims 4. Ie. Spa, Camping, and Clubs! Those extra things outside of just playing to get a promotion really add to the game for me. :) I hope they keep adding more gamplay like that.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I don't miss kids not having instruments in Sims 3 it's complete bogus they can't play them there so I will give that a point in sims 4 direction.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Can I choose a little something from each game?

1: don't miss children that never age
    2: don't miss Securom or neighbourhood asplodie
    3: don't miss the game thinking I'm 12 by telling me such-and-such thinks my sim is being flirty. Because I apparently have no idea what I just did--first impressions and all. Thanks, tips!
    4: don't miss Maxis.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't miss just playing the game to skill up and then getting bored. I love that there is so much more to do with our sims in Sims 4. Ie. Spa, Camping, and Clubs! Those extra things outside of just playing to get a promotion really add to the game for me. :) I hope they keep adding more gamplay like that.

Not one of those are new - they were in all 3 versions, and a lot more by this time in development of the games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I'm glad we don't have newspapers and zombies
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't miss skilling a bunch of sims on fast forward while maxing their motives over and over lol. Now I just skill them and still enjoy it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not one of those are new - they were in all 3 versions, and a lot more by this time in development of the games.

4 versions ;). Hehe. Actually not a single one of my sims in S1 has a job. They make their own earnings with gargoyles and gnomes. Or the chemistry set. I lock them in a room full of easels. When they turn into Frankenstein, their paintings are worth simoleans! Never having a day off from work has encouraged me to find alternatives so I can have fun in that game.

Skilling up isn't really necessary in any of the games. It's just a perception. I even go out of my way to avoid building skills.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5