Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grr....Maxis rubbing unfaithful Sims in my face for VDAY patch!?

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    I am going to make a wild guess here, but I am willing to bet she's not losing sleep waiting for a subpoena, just a guess though. :p

Of course not, nor was that in question what I was highlighting is how her behavior is interpreted in a legal sense which might seem trivial but EA has as many suits as developers and you can be sure a guru must follow those codes or face being reprimanded. If they release material which can be damaging to their brand (or aka needs to be clarified as not to be) then ya it does become an issue where people are called into a room and might not be walking out with a job.

Why do you think everybody that works at EA is afraid of the suits?

I am willing to bet this is not one of those situations.

Besides this is your opinion, and a mighty subjective one at that. In the end, your opinion does not equal law, its your opinion. Regardless of what you think the "law says."

She said nothing that can be remotely interpreted as an acknowledgement. This is the meaning you are attaching to it.

• Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I think the picture speaks for itself and the clarification speaks for EA/Maxis attempt to diffuse speculation. "A picture is worth a thousand words" ya know? We all play our games differently and interpret different scenes according to our story and our game play. If it was my game and my sim....well, as long as she is just looking....that is fine(I can still look and am happily married).....just don't touch the gardener!! in my game play. ;)

Couldn't agree more. I would add that although a picture is worth a thousand words, pictures can be interpreted according the individuals pre-dispositions, personality and assumptions.

• Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think the picture speaks for itself and the clarification speaks for EA/Maxis attempt to diffuse speculation. "A picture is worth a thousand words" ya know? We all play our games differently and interpret different scenes according to our story and our game play. If it was my game and my sim....well, as long as she is just looking....that is fine(I can still look and am happily married).....just don't touch the gardener!! in my game play. ;)

Couldn't agree more. I would add that although a picture is worth a thousand words, pictures can be interpreted according the individuals pre-dispositions, personality and assumptions.
    I am going to make a wild guess here, but I am willing to bet she's not losing sleep waiting for a subpoena, just a guess though. :p

Of course not, nor was that in question what I was highlighting is how her behavior is interpreted in a legal sense which might seem trivial but EA has as many suits as developers and you can be sure a guru must follow those codes or face being reprimanded. If they release material which can be damaging to their brand (or aka needs to be clarified as not to be) then ya it does become an issue where people are called into a room and might not be walking out with a job.

Besides this is your opinion, and a mighty subjective one at that. In the end, your opinion does not equal law, its your opinion. Regardless of what you think the "law says."

She said nothing that can be remotely interpreted as an acknowledgement. This is the meaning you are attaching to it.

Regardless of the guru the entire point of this thread beyond the interpretation of press material, was to highlight once again how little relationships mean to sims based on their actions and the Sims 4 programming decisions/or lack there of.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • Options

Regardless of the guru the entire point of this thread beyond the interpretation of press material, was to highlight once again how little relationships mean to sims based on their actions and the Sims 4 programming decisions/or lack there of.

Or do I really have to point this out?

3jKctIl.gif

Once again you are wrong.

That fault within the game has not escaped me at all. I am very well aware of it and hope they can fine tune it further. However, I do not let it bother me quite as much as it obviously bothers you. This is not a sign of some point "escaping" me, rather a sign of me having the ability to remain objective, not to mention calm, about it.

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I swear Maxis has a thing for unfaithful wives and cheating husbands...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

Valentines....I mean really?

The image was meant to convey that she loves that she can now hire a Gardener.

She is flirty though... I don't mind this because to me saint valentine's is overrated and i liked the anniversary stuff a lot except for gardeners that are a basic feature to me, but the new aspiration, trait and painting were a cool idea, so thank you.

I was just wondering why don't you guys patch in basic NPCs in one patch? I mean we have fires and no fireman and we have kleptomanic trait, criminal career, cop active career but no cops and burglars.

I really can't understand why we have to wait for features that 16 years ago were in a base game and 16 years later they take forever to be finished... I mean technology has improved...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

That fault within the game has not escaped me at all. I am very well aware of it and hope they can fine tune it further. However, I do not let it bother me quite as much as it obviously bothers you. This is not a sign of some point "escaping" me, rather a sign of me having the ability to remain objective, not to mention calm, about it.

I'm highly aware you've been side stepping that aspect of the conversation...
  • Options

Its called sarcasm and I'm actually rather entertained by this debate lol...

Really? That's cool because I thought I was the only one. Actually the hubby is also here laughing at your irrational thought process, but hey anything for entertainment. :p

• Options
    Oh god its just a game get over it and iam pretty sure there is more worst things that happen in real life in valantine day that you should get offended by more than this

I'm not offended by it, if thats what people are taking away from this you have it completely wrong.

I'm annoyed that the Sims in the Sims 4 have no "faithful" coding - which is honestly sloppy programming/game design and more so it just seems to me Maxis LIKES their sims to be naturally unfaithful. Thats my issue, when the game code is so sloppy/written as to clearly make relationships meaningless beyond status updates that it wasn't until the recent patch that improved jealousy that Sims even got angry if their partner was cheating right in front of them.

My issue is its still "reactive programming" rather then programming it so sims are more naturally inclined to reject advances from other sims when they are happily partnered unless you direct said sim to cheat. More so as pointed out the moment you switch households then come back - you'll often find they have new lovers/relationships clearly showing how sloppy the coding was/design.

THATS MY ISSUE.

Ok now I think i know what you mean. I have left family play given the fact that we still have no toddlers and i don't like babies turning into 8 years old. I do play rotationally and i have two families who i plan to play with if they ever fix family play , even though I don't play much with them i have noticed some of my sims have been flirting wih my family oriented sims from those families i have on hold. It caught my attention cause i thought family oriented sims with like good traits would never cheat .
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ahh see now you've taken it too far joBass24us, you've become mean and insulting.
  • Options

Sarcasm anybody? No? I'm highly aware you've been side stepping that aspect of the conversation and my last message was to draw you into it accordingly.

More so I'm actually rather entertained by this debate lol...

I didn't side step anything, and I am still at loss for how you think you dragged me into anything.

I addressed your subjective opinion, 'nuff said.

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Its Nancy she is an awful woman

True. :p Though wouldn't it be funnier if that was Eliza Pancakes? XD

Lol im afraid i let both die in my game.... I only kept the classic families
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Really? That's cool because I thought I was the only one. Actually the hubby is also here laughing at your irrational thought process, but hey anything for entertainment. :p

Ahh see now you've taken it too far, you've become mean and insulting.

Too bad really...

Darn it, I forgot, you're easily offended. My bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sigh...going so off topic now.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Agree, that picture is not cool for Valentine's Day. The developers just aren't getting what the players are looking for and that picture is a great example.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Ahh see now you've taken it too far, you've become mean and insulting.

Too bad really...

Darn it, I forgot, you're easily offended. My bad.

Again I find it ironic that you have the word love in your signature.

Again, you show the baseless objectivity of your opinions. You can judge me as a person and my capacity to love based on some random exchanges on a games forum?

You're further out there than I thought.

I bid you adieu this is no longer entertaining as you seem to be getting creepy.
  • Options
    snurfles wrote: »
    Agree, that picture is not cool for Valentine's Day. The developers just aren't getting what the players are looking for and that picture is a great example.

I'm so confused. Is this thread about v-day or faithful coding...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Again, you show the baseless objectivity of your opinions. You can judge me as a person and my capacity to love based on some random exchanges on a games forum?

Wow you've directly insulted me 3 times now in a row...congrats!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2016
    clearly she's staring at the gnome.

hcodbcp_by_mphattyboi-d9qlcxl.jpg

Honestly it's all about perception.

Why do you think people cheat?

Cheat on the maid, the gardener the Nanny.

because they see them doing what they wish their husband/wife should be doing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I definitely see Nancy as being the type to have the pool boy with her and trying to feel young always lol
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options

And ya online bullying IS a real thing and disregarding your actions online does not disregard their repercussions on the people you insult. One day as the internet becomes even more connected we could be "visually" sitting in the same digital forum in some form according to future scientists as online anonymity will most likely be a thing of the past as facebook introduces VR, ect, ect - so tell me, would you talk to me the same way and insult me the same way then? Or just now when its more anonymous?

LOL! OMG!

I'd talk to you in the very same fashion, believe me when I tell you I would.

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Nancy is such a creep and so is her husband !!!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

And ya online bullying IS a real thing and disregarding your actions online does not disregard their repercussions on the people you insult. One day as the internet becomes even more connected we could be "visually" sitting in the same digital forum in some form according to future scientists as online anonymity will most likely be a thing of the past as facebook introduces VR, ect, ect - so tell me, would you talk to me the same way and insult me the same way then? Or just now when its more anonymous?

I bid you adieu this is no longer entertaining as you seem to be getting creepy.

Cool, just for the record I reported you each time you insulted me as its against the EA TOS - including that last post you just made insulting me yet again.

LOl!

I'd be surprised if you hadn't!
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Honestly it's all about perception.

Why do you think people cheat?

Cheat on the maid, the gardener the Nanny.

because they see them doing what they wish their husband/wife should be doing.

Careful now. Some might interpret that as Maxis opening up further avenues to sims cheating on each other.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    LOl!

Clearly you have no respect for anybody other then yourself, you actually seem to enjoy being a online bully apparently.

Well I'll let you go troll somebody else now. I have a game to play!
  • Options
    LOl!

Clearly you have no respect for anybody other then yourself, you actually seem to enjoy being a online bully apparently.

Not that I should be surprised, prisons are overflowing with people that have no respect for civilized society.

So now I'm prison bound online bully that lacks respect for others, other then myself? Let me guess, you placed them there with your law prowess?

Tell me again how I am the one insulting you here?

Thankfully I have a sense of humor, and you are cracking me up.