Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grr....Maxis rubbing unfaithful Sims in my face for VDAY patch!?

Comments

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I swear Maxis has a thing for unfaithful wives and cheating husbands...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

Valentines....I mean really?

The image was meant to convey that she loves that she can now hire a Gardener.

Seems like a legit explanation that doesnt throw dirt Nancys way like we did. :)

Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I for the most part have my sims be faithful but I do have a family where the mom wasn't so faithful and was married 4 times. I am making the kids be faithful to their partners because I don't want to have a huger family lol
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Oh god its just a game get over it and iam pretty sure there is more worst things that happen in real life in valantine day that you should get offended by more than this
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    The picture doesn't even show her really doing anything. It's not like she's over there making out with the gardener. Maybe she's just approves of the view. Being married doesn't mean that you can't appreciate another good looking Sim.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    That's ok.. I was in my rotational save, and when I went back to my main house, I found my sim's husband is apparently cheating on her, with a ghost.. and a teenager. (He's 8 days away from being an elder... ew)
    Ee9Vl6c.png
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @TOLKIEN wrote: »
    As people have responded pointing out its just Nancy, or we should expect that from Nancy, ect ect - it does kinda miss my point (or make it?) that they post a picture of people being unfaithful in valentines patch. The one month where love is suppose to mean something.

Now I know you could also argue as one poster did that people are simple (even the smart ones) and easy to seduce, but its a lot more complicated then that, even if the results are not.

We might be mammals and everything that biology involves but we are also humans with a far greater and more complex makeup (including emotions) then any other mammals. For example humans who have been hurt have taken their own lifes or those who hurt them and NO OTHER species on THIS PLANET (mammal or otherwise) has the emotional complexity to respond for such reasons. Love and companionship means something to humans.

Fact of the matter is people in long loving relationships via statistics LIVE longer and happier lifes. Single and alone in old age? More likely to have mental and physical health issues with shorter lifespans. Theres always exceptions sure but...

The power of love benefits humanity a lot more then the power of betrayal, hate and anger which are inherently destructive.

Firstly, it's Valentines DAY not Valentines month. This is not a Vday Patch. I don't know where you got that from, because Vday is next week not this week, and we have had multiple patches in one month before. So the point your making doesn't even make sense.

Secondly, they already clarified it was the love of Nancy that she could hire a gardener, as it was a funny take on of the original Sims 4 promo images with Nancy gardening herself.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @wyn wrote: »
    That's ok.. I was in my rotational save, and when I went back to my main house, I found my sim's husband is apparently cheating on her, with a ghost.. and a teenager. (He's 8 days away from being an elder... ew)
    Ee9Vl6c.png

That sounds more like an issue because Teens can't have relationships with Adults, rather than Sims simply being unfaithful.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Oh god its just a game get over it and iam pretty sure there is more worst things that happen in real life in valantine day that you should get offended by more than this

I'm not offended by it, if thats what people are taking away from this you have it completely wrong.

I'm annoyed that the Sims in the Sims 4 have no "faithful" coding - which is honestly sloppy programming/game design and more so it just seems to me Maxis LIKES their sims to be naturally unfaithful. Thats my issue, when the game code is so sloppy/written as to clearly make relationships meaningless beyond status updates that it wasn't until the recent patch that improved jealousy that Sims even got angry if their partner was cheating right in front of them.

My issue is its still "reactive programming" rather then programming it so sims are more naturally inclined to reject advances from other sims when they are happily partnered unless you direct said sim to cheat. More so as pointed out the moment you switch households then come back - you'll often find they have new lovers/relationships clearly showing how sloppy the coding was/design.

THATS MY ISSUE.
  • Options
    Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

While its certainly nice to see a guru respond to the ongoing issue of "faithfulness" or lack there of in the Sims by clarifying this picture, the very fact that it needs to be clarified by what is actually happening vs being implied (by the image) by a guru on the Sims forums (where most people will never see or read it) vs the Sims 4 landing page are two very different things.

I'm not implying that it needs to be clarified now on the Sims landing page, its more the message this images naturally give off to viewers without context beyond what is shown. The very fact that it needs to be clarified speaks to how easily the image itself is to misinterpret as something else.

Still its nice to know the guru's seem to be aware the issue with how easily seems are unfaithful to one another and only react to cheating rather then turning down romantic advances based on their partnered relationship status or go on a dating sprees despite being in a relationship when you switch out households.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

hCoDBCP.jpg

I mean is VALENTINES!

I don't know.... With one hand placed on her chest to control the palpitations and the other hand slowly raising her skirt....
    JK :D

Not really kidding. That's exactly what it looks like.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

hCoDBCP.jpg

I mean is VALENTINES!

While its certainly nice to see a guru respond to the ongoing issue of "faithfulness" or lack there of in the Sims by clarifying this picture, the very fact that it needs to be clarified by what is actually happening vs being implied (by the image) by a guru on the Sims forums (where most people will never see or read it) vs the Sims 4 landing page are two very different things.

I'm not implying that it needs to be clarified now on the Sims landing page, its more the message this images naturally give off to viewers without context beyond what is shown. The very fact that it needs to be clarified speaks to how easily the image itself is to misinterpret as something else.

Still its nice to know the guru's seem to be aware the issue with how easily seems are unfaithful to one another and only react to cheating rather then turning down romantic advances based on their partnered relationship status or go on a dating sprees despite being in a relationship when you switch out households.

I don't think it "needed" to be clarified or that @SimGuruDrake felt it necessary. She did so to squash it. In reality, it was not such a big deal and it certainly did not merit a thread to "talk" about it. I saw it and didn't think much of it. The render could be interpreted as the individual wishes.

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It's funny 'cause it's Nancy lol It became kinda ironic.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    JoBass24us wrote: »

I don't think it "needed" to be clarified or that @SimGuruDrake felt it necessary. She did so to squash it. In reality, it was not such a big deal and it certainly did not merit a thread to "talk" about it. I saw it and didn't think much of it. The render could be interpreted as the individual wishes.

Simgurudrake clarified it BECAUSE its so easily misinterpreted. I know damage control when I see it.

As for the render being interpreted as wishes...yes okay lets follow that logic, Lancy is looking at the gardener with a love icon above her head.

Hm...last time I checked that icon is specifically reserved for romantic interactions/whims...not gardening.

As for making a thread to "talk about it" ya its worth talking about when Maxis clearly has no respect for relationships.

One could even go on to argue in a legal sense, this fact is so well know (based on how they've coded Sims to behave) that when a render is issued and so easily interpreted as such - that a representative from the company needs to come and "clarify" the image because of how its being so widely interpreted, based on behavior of Sims/programming within their product - she is not only acknowledging the "issue" but also demonstrated that it exists in their product as a theme intentional or not.

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I see Nancy Landgraab as being that sort of character. The desperate housewife type.

I usually keep my sims in game faithful to each other, but a lot of simmers like those kinds of storylines.

I would like to see sims only enter into unfaithful relationships if it is player-directed, though. When I am playing my rotation, it is frustrating to see sims have random 'lovebird' relationships around town.

I agree it's a game issue that should be addressed, but I don't take offense to the marketing.

I've suggested a Faithful purchase reward trait; a Sim with that trait will reject any Flirty or Romantic interactions from Sims who aren't their primary partner (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged, spouse), and a major hit to the Friendship level with any Sim who tries. Also a return of the "just be friends" interaction to totally get rid of romantic relationship with other Sims.

This is a good idea. (Did we have something similar with TS3? I forget.) Maybe if we get a Generations-type EP, we might get something along these lines.
  • Options

Simgurudrake clarified it BECAUSE its so easily misinterpreted. I know damage control when I see it.

As for the render being interpreted as wishes...yes okay lets follow that logic, Lancy is looking at the gardener with a love icon above her head.

Hm...last time I checked that icon is specifically reserved for romantic interactions/whims...not gardening.

As for making a thread to "talk about it" ya its worth talking about when Maxis clearly has no respect for relationships.

One could even go on to argue in a legal sense, this fact is so well know (based on how they've coded Sims to behave) that when a render is issued and so easily interpreted as such - that a representative from the company needs to come and "clarify" the image because of how its being so widely interpreted, based on behavior of Sims/programming within their product - she is not only acknowledging the "issue" but also demonstrated that it exists in their product as a theme intentional or not.

Nope! She clarified it to squash it.

It can be interpreted according to the individual and this thread is proof of that.

As far as her coming in and acknowledging issues, nah, her post denotes no such thing. It was written in a very matter-of-a-fact fashion. Again, that's you reading too much into something.

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Did anyone here see this picture in its original context before seeing this post? Because I didn't, and seeing it here first I did read it as showcasing unfaithfulness. However, when I did see it in the actual announcement post, it was clear that the focus was about the gardener returning. That took the attention away from Nancy somewhat.
  • Options
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Did anyone here see this picture in its original context before seeing this post? Because I didn't, and seeing it here first I did read it as showcasing unfaithfulness. However, when I did see it in the actual announcement post, it was clear that the focus was about the gardener returning. That took the attention away from Nancy somewhat.

I certainly did, and was not at all inclined to think, "Oh my God, Nancy is thinking about cheating." The focus was clearly the gardener and Nancy is loving the fact that she does not have to do it.

• Options

It can be interpreted according to the individual and this thread is proof of that.

As far as her coming in and acknowledging issues, nah, her post denotes no such thing. It was written in a very matter-of-a-fact fashion. Again, that's you reading too much into something.

By TAKING action - she acknowledged it. Thats the very legal definition of her actions.

Yes she squashed what the render was being misinterpreted as, but not the argument of WHY it was being misinterpreted - which HAS TONS of evidence proven by many players that Sims in the Sims 4 have NO programming to prevent them from cheating on their spouses based on their relationship status.

I mean seriously whats the point of being soul mates if it has NO effect on social interactions (or even emotional buffs at the minimum) to turning down advances, to that fact that two sims could woohoo in front of anothers spouse with NO negative emotional distress until only a recent patch. Plus everything in between which has been mentioned to death by others.

The very point of this thread was to highlight a running theme that Maxis has intentional OR NOT does not support happy SECURE relationships. Which I do find ironic that you have the word "love" in your signature...
  • Options

By TAKING action - she acknowledged it. Thats the very legal definition of her actions.

Yes she squashed what the render was being misinterpreted as, but not the argument of WHY it was being misinterpreted - which HAS TONS of evidence proven by many players that Sims in the Sims 4 have NO programming to prevent them from cheating on their spouses based on their relationship status.

I mean seriously whats the point of being soul mates if it has NO effect on social interactions (or even emotional buffs at the minimum) to turning down advances, to that fact that two sims could woohoo in front of anothers spouse with NO negative emotional distress until only a recent patch. Plus everything in between which has been mentioned to death by others.

The very point of this thread was to highlight a running theme that Maxis has intentional OR NOT does not support happy SECURE relationships. Which I do find ironic that you have the word "love" in your signature...

I am glad you agree, she squashed a misinterpretation, but not the argument that you are making in regards to relationships. Therefore, I can conclude she was not addressing that particular issue, and ultimately not acknowledging a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. ;)
  • Options

I am glad you agree, she squashed a misinterpretation, but not the argument that you are making in regards to relationships. Therefore, I can conclude she was not addressing that particular issue, and ultimately not acknowledging a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. ;)

Legally speaking she could be called to testify by acting in part by her actions in "coming" to squash it - hence acknowledging it.

Basic law 101.
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I see no one's noticed Nancy is drinking Cupid Juice, which makes you flirty.
    Cupid Juice
    nY9VRgd.png

I see neither pink umbrella or heart bubbles in Nancy's drink. It's closer to a [Sim's Name] Special, which your sim can make after becoming a Mixologist.
    BpAHzoe.png
  • Options

Legally speaking she could be called to testify by acting in part by her actions in "coming" to squash it - hence acknowledging it.

Basic law 101.

I am going to make a wild guess here, but I am willing to bet she's not losing sleep waiting for a subpoena, just a guess though. :p
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I found it hilarious, I mean, it's a render, not the actual gameplay omgosh. Not to mention, it's Nancy, she's the kinda lady in my game who gets around a lot. Just because you play faithful doesn't mean the render has to be so faithful to. Even so, the drink has hearts above it making a sim flirty, the heart could mean either way. You're looking way too much into this :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    I am going to make a wild guess here, but I am willing to bet she's not losing sleep waiting for a subpoena, just a guess though. :p

Of course not, nor was that in question what I was highlighting is how her behavior is interpreted in a legal sense which might seem trivial but EA has as many suits as developers and you can be sure a guru must follow those codes or face being reprimanded. If they release material which can be damaging to their brand (or aka needs to be clarified as not to be) then ya it does become an issue where people are called into a room and might not be walking out with a job.

Why do you think everybody that works at EA is afraid of the suits?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I think the picture speaks for itself and the clarification speaks for EA/Maxis attempt to diffuse speculation. "A picture is worth a thousand words" ya know? We all play our games differently and interpret different scenes according to our story and our game play. If it was my game and my sim....well, as long as she is just looking....that is fine(I can still look and am happily married).....just don't touch the gardener!! in my game play. ;)