Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grr....Maxis rubbing unfaithful Sims in my face for VDAY patch!?

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Its not about keeping your sims faithful, its about having them turn down advances of other sims (which they usually don't) especially if they are in a flirty mood or the other sim is.

My married sim turned down the advances of his former girlfriend. They never actually became boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were lovebirds.

Same. When I'm playing my married or partnered sims they always turn down other sims flirts. They waggle their finger and make a 'uh huh' noise. Then the flirty sim cringes and usually walks away.

It's when I'm rotated away that the damage happens. :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Its not about keeping your sims faithful, its about having them turn down advances of other sims (which they usually don't) especially if they are in a flirty mood or the other sim is.

My married sim turned down the advances of his former girlfriend. They never actually became boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were lovebirds.

Same. When I'm playing my married or partnered sims they always turn down other sims flirts. They waggle their finger and make a 'uh huh' noise. Then the flirty sim cringes and usually walks away.

In my game it seems to depend on how high the relationship is between the married Sim and the one doing the flirting. My coupled Sims will reject flirts from Sims they aren't friends with, but if they are best friends with another Sim then they may accept romantic interactions, especially if they are in a flirty mood. For example, my main Sim's wife was generally the faithful sort, but she developed a high friendship with her young adult step son who lived with the family; he had the romantic trait so was always flirting with her, and eventually they developed a romantic relationship because of it. I ended up having to make the step son move out so he wouldn't destroy my Sim's marriage. :P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I've suggested a Faithful purchase reward trait; a Sim with that trait will reject any Flirty or Romantic interactions from Sims who aren't their primary partner (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged, spouse), and a major hit to the Friendship level with any Sim who tries. Also a return of the "just be friends" interaction to totally get rid of romantic relationship with other Sims.

I love this idea so much! And as a reward trait, it wouldn't take up space in the sim's personality slots. This is so needed.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel your pain. I, too, play a game where my couples remain faithful. I've been playing Sims since 2005, which isn't as long as some, but it's still quite awhile. In that time, I've only had five divorces. One, just to see what happens, but the children of the divorcing couple cried so much it broke MY heart. After that, I didn't seek to break my couples up. However, when they behaved autonomously in a very untoward manner, I'd step in and put the kybosh on their relationship. My singer Sim couldn't find love — at least not with someone faithful. He'd get engaged, invite her over for a family Gift Giving Party and what would she do? Flirt audaciously with his brother-in-law RIGHT in front of my Sim? :open_mouth: I responded by removing her from the game. She went into "time out" (bin). Later on, when he finally DID get married, I guess he made his bride a mother too soon. She kept putting their newborn out on the front lawn at night IN THE POURING RAIN. This she did autonomously. And, no, there was not trait or routing issue I could detect, anyway.

She did this three times in all. Each time my singer Sim would return from his gig to find his little son crying pitifully. I had them fight over it, after he'd rescued the baby. I guess they fought bad enough the second go-around, because when she placed the infant on the front lawn again at night in the rain, I had my singer Sim race home after his gig to rescue his son. Again, the couple fought. This time the "break up" interaction popped up in the menu. I hesitated, thought about it, and realized she was endangering the baby. So rather than lose him to the Social Worker, my singer Sim broke up with his wife. It was the honorable thing to do. I quickly went into Edit Town and moved her into an apartment, so she couldn't take the baby with her. He caught flack from his friends for the break up, but I sent him to sue for slander and he won. Besides, he had sole custody of the child.

See, this is why I love Sims 3 because things like this actually happen. Sims can talk bad about other sims, they can sue for slander, and they actually get angry with other sims and don't hug them 5 seconds later.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sweet, I just found out you can steal grilled cheese sandwiches from a Sim too. So many ideas to do now for how to get back at unfaithful Sims. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    She is basically the Gabrielle Solis Version 2.0
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Plain and simple the relationships need tweaking, we need more faith in these bonds. Without faith there is no relationship, there's no love.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Considering we are talking about Nancy Landgraab here, Im going with "what do you mean another? she has NEVER been faithful!" :D
    Well never in my game at least. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i normally dont have the same issues as every one else but i do feel like relationship wise they should take a page from the sims 2 and 3 when it come that type of things like relationships and marriage even friendships
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I swear Maxis has a thing for unfaithful wives and cheating husbands...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

Valentines....I mean really?

The image was meant to convey that she loves that she can now hire a Gardener.

Thank you @SimGuruDrake for clarifying. Although I'm sure it won't matter to some.
  • Options
    I actually really like this render. It made me wish pools got dirty so we could hire a pool boy to clean them. >:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Its Nancy she is an awful woman

True. :p Though wouldn't it be funnier if that was Eliza Pancakes? XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member

I think this less to do with cheating and more to do with the fact S4 keeps deleting relationships. Is it cheating when you don't remember you have a spouse, :P

No, but seriously, I've come back to households to find they all have forgotten each other :(
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I see no one's noticed Nancy is drinking Cupid Juice, which makes you flirty.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options

I think this less to do with cheating and more to do with the fact S4 keeps deleting relationships. Is it cheating when you don't remember you have a spouse, :P

No, but seriously, I've come back to households to find they all have forgotten each other :(

ouch! :/

• Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I see no one's noticed Nancy is drinking Cupid Juice, which makes you flirty.

Good spotting, I kinda did notice that but was too busy thinking about how I could use the gardeners. >:)

• Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I took it as she was loving he was doing the work and she didn't have to garden anymore.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited February 2016
    All my sims have massive gardens and when they get pregnant that gardener will come in handy dandy!

Now if only we can get sprinklers in the next stuffs pack :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2016
    Um...Nancy has the evil trait. It's in her nature. She's in the criminal career. It's supposed to be FUNNY! Laughter will make you live longer! :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited February 2016
    In my game Nancy gave birth to twins that were not her husbands... And let's just say they had a much different skin-tone... Odd he didn't question it at all, raised them as his own :D
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,669 Member
    Haha, like what others said. It's just Nancy. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited February 2016
    I know some of you have argued as one poster did that people are simple (even the smart ones) and easy to seduce, but its a lot more complicated then that, even if the results are not.

We might be mammals and everything that biology involves but we are also humans with a far greater and more complex makeup (including emotions) then any other mammals. For example humans who have been hurt have taken their own lifes or those who hurt them and NO OTHER species on THIS PLANET (mammal or otherwise) has the emotional complexity to respond for such reasons. Love and companionship means something to humans.

Fact of the matter is people in long loving relationships via statistics LIVE longer and happier lifes. Single and alone in old age? More likely to have mental and physical health issues with shorter lifespans. Theres always exceptions sure but...

The power of love benefits humanity a lot more then the power of betrayal, hate and anger which are inherently destructive.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • Options
    I got your point but SimGuruDrake did say that 'The image was meant to convey that she loves that she can now hire a Gardener' and so that made the render not really about Nancy being unfaithful etc. :)

• Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Right, but this is a Sims game. Sims do what they want, when they want or by control of the player, because they can.

One picture won't send the human race into a downwards spiral of unfaithfulness towards their partner.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif