Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grr....Maxis rubbing unfaithful Sims in my face for VDAY patch!?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I swear Maxis has a thing for unfaithful wives and cheating husbands...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

Valentines....I mean really?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,908 Member
    I feel your pain. I, too, play a game where my couples remain faithful. I've been playing Sims since 2005, which isn't as long as some, but it's still quite awhile. In that time, I've only had five divorces. One, just to see what happens, but the children of the divorcing couple cried so much it broke MY heart. After that, I didn't seek to break my couples up. However, when they behaved autonomously in a very untoward manner, I'd step in and put the kybosh on their relationship. My singer Sim couldn't find love — at least not with someone faithful. He'd get engaged, invite her over for a family Gift Giving Party and what would she do? Flirt audaciously with his brother-in-law RIGHT in front of my Sim? :open_mouth: I responded by removing her from the game. She went into "time out" (bin). Later on, when he finally DID get married, I guess he made his bride a mother too soon. She kept putting their newborn out on the front lawn at night IN THE POURING RAIN. This she did autonomously. And, no, there was not trait or routing issue I could detect, anyway.

She did this three times in all. Each time my singer Sim would return from his gig to find his little son crying pitifully. I had them fight over it, after he'd rescued the baby. I guess they fought bad enough the second go-around, because when she placed the infant on the front lawn again at night in the rain, I had my singer Sim race home after his gig to rescue his son. Again, the couple fought. This time the "break up" interaction popped up in the menu. I hesitated, thought about it, and realized she was endangering the baby. So rather than lose him to the Social Worker, my singer Sim broke up with his wife. It was the honorable thing to do. I quickly went into Edit Town and moved her into an apartment, so she couldn't take the baby with her. He caught flack from his friends for the break up, but I sent him to sue for slander and he won. Besides, he had sole custody of the child.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I keep my spouses faithful. I think the romantic sims need tweaking. I hate when a parent feels flirty around a kid. It is just flipping creepy
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm with you. I like my sims to be faithful and I'm not into game generated romances on the side.
  • Options
    Its not about keeping your sims faithful, its about having them turn down advances of other sims (which they usually don't) especially if they are in a flirty mood or the other sim is.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,604 Member
    I haven't played in rotation yet, due to start this very soon. But I will be as annoyed as Queen Annoyed of The Really Annoyed People if I came back to a couple and found they had cheated when I didn't want them to.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Its Nancy she is an awful woman
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I haven't played in rotation yet, due to start this very soon. But I will be as annoyed as Queen Annoyed of The Really Annoyed People if I came back to a couple and found they had cheated when I didn't want them to.

Everytime I rotate families I end up with nearly everyone having new 'lovebird' relationships when I get back to them & also...some of those relationships are with their family members :s If you're not able to ignore that and pretend it's not there, I definitely would recommend not rotating families.

& as for the picture...eh :D all of my sims are dirty cheaters so I can't say much.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I wish there was more consequences when a Sims was caught I.e relationship status goes to single or if married devorced and sim leaves lot for ever.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Its not about keeping your sims faithful, its about having them turn down advances of other sims (which they usually don't) especially if they are in a flirty mood or the other sim is.

My married sim turned down the advances of his former girlfriend. They never actually became boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were lovebirds.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Everytime I rotate families I end up with nearly everyone having new 'lovebird' relationships when I get back to them & also...some of those relationships are with their family members :s If you're not able to ignore that and pretend it's not there, I definitely would recommend not rotating families.

OMG THIS - I mean seriously it just proves that faithful relationships mean nothing to Maxis when they don't bother to code it so married sims don't go on a cheating spree when you switch families.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Ok I will preface this in saying I find the picture - funny - BUT and this is a big but, it also drives me nuts.

As some of you know my big pet peeve has never been toddlers, isn't...well whatever else - its how unfaithful Sims are and soooo easy to woohoo despite their relationship status. It wasn't so long ago that Sims didn't even react to cheating Sims despite standing in the same room until Maxis patched it...then patched it again...then added jealousy trait for good measure.

However none of that stopped Sims from jumping from bed to bed like their playing a "cheat on your spouse" version of the lava game.

So ya I'm a little annoyed that they post this image with yet ANOTHER soon to be unfaithful wife about to break her marriage vows for the valentines patch.

hCoDBCP.jpg

You'd think for valentines they'd focus a little more on romance with your partner - not romance your gardener when your husbands back is turned...

I mean is VALENTINES!

Sigh...please make Sims more faithful Maxis, its in your power to code...at least if their relationship bar is full and their soulmates, otherwise theres something depressing in the message your sending.

#LOL!
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    But it's so much more fun to cheat and break up and divorce in this game. :)))))))))))))))9
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I feel your pain. I, too, play a game where my couples remain faithful. I've been playing Sims since 2005, which isn't as long as some, but it's still quite awhile. In that time, I've only had five divorces. One, just to see what happens, but the children of the divorcing couple cried so much it broke MY heart. After that, I didn't seek to break my couples up. However, when they behaved autonomously in a very untoward manner, I'd step in and put the kybosh on their relationship. My singer Sim couldn't find love — at least not with someone faithful. He'd get engaged, invite her over for a family Gift Giving Party and what would she do? Flirt audaciously with his brother-in-law RIGHT in front of my Sim? :open_mouth: I responded by removing her from the game. She went into "time out" (bin). Later on, when he finally DID get married, I guess he made his bride a mother too soon. She kept putting their newborn out on the front lawn at night IN THE POURING RAIN. This she did autonomously. And, no, there was not trait or routing issue I could detect, anyway.

She did this three times in all. Each time my singer Sim would return from his gig to find his little son crying pitifully. I had them fight over it, after he'd rescued the baby. I guess they fought bad enough the second go-around, because when she placed the infant on the front lawn again at night in the rain, I had my singer Sim race home after his gig to rescue his son. Again, the couple fought. This time the "break up" interaction popped up in the menu. I hesitated, thought about it, and realized she was endangering the baby. So rather than lose him to the Social Worker, my singer Sim broke up with his wife. It was the honorable thing to do. I quickly went into Edit Town and moved her into an apartment, so she couldn't take the baby with her. He caught flack from his friends for the break up, but I sent him to sue for slander and he won. Besides, he had sole custody of the child.

Um I know the situation is bad. But can we PLEASE get that back into the game!! It sounds so interesting. But of course we'd have to wait for babies not to be tied to cribs.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I kinda hope they tweak this a bit, too. Not all of my Sims are faithful, but I would at least like cheating to be a player-directed thing. They need to prevent random lovebird relationships forming in played households that are rotated away from, and make Sims with a strong relationship with their partner reject flirts from others.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Maybe she loves the flowers?.. Ah, who am I kidding.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,447 Member
    If was Nancy Landgraab I would run away with the gardener, too. If I wasn't Nancy Landgraab, I would also run away with him :) . People are simple and easy to seduce.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    On the bright side, if a Sim is unfaithful, at least you can steal from them and fill their house with grilled cheese sandwiches now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

hCoDBCP.jpg

I mean is VALENTINES!

The image was meant to convey that she loves that she can now hire a Gardener.

I was thinking that...but it"s not all that clear at first glance.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    LOL I thought it was funny. Is just a game lol, like a soap opera, not real life. And Nancy is the only married sim in my game that hit my male sim that was married by herself.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I do agree that spouses need to be harder to seduce. But in this case I also agree that Nancy landgraabs totally is the type of woman to be having an affair with the pool boy...ahem gardener. ;)

I wish their was a way we could set this somehow maybe a faithful trait, but also a roaming eyes trait for the sims you want to be less faithful. This would work great in the landgraabs situation.

Personally I always felt like evil, mean sims should be more likely to cheat whereas good and family oriented sims would be much less likely but sadly the game doesn't agree with me there.