May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Fashion Police >.<

Comments

• Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    You're welcome. Have fun!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I can see from the many pictures here that most of the time it is CC that is making the whole look more awful.

It is better to turn off randomization for all CC or at least the CC you don't want to be available for randomization.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TayBabyTayBaby Posts: 70 Member
    Best thread ever haha. My townies look like they got dressed in the dark constantly--love it.
    Have been playing since the release.
    Always been a story teller, but with this game I am trying my hand at building.
    Check me out on the gallery :)
    Origin ID: TaylorNicRaft17
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Honestly the townies that had terrible clothing combination were all due to the CC I had. What I did recently was remove "Randomization" from all the CC I have. This means CC items are never going appear when randomizing or when the game generates sims.

The game itself does much a better job with the combination. Yes there are few exceptions but they are not many. Now no more I get a pink or blue haired sim wearing a green bra with long brown socks and stripped skirt!

How can I do that @halimali1980 ?

You can use Sims4 Studio for that.
    See their forums, you need to register. Very easy instructions. Whenever I download new CC I disable randomization
    http://sims4studio.com/board/41/custom-content-management-tutorials

The only two items that I keep for randomization are custom skins showing in skin and custom eyes showing in eye color.

Thank you!!! Ive never used the sims 4 studio before
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Honestly the townies that had terrible clothing combination were all due to the CC I had. What I did recently was remove "Randomization" from all the CC I have. This means CC items are never going appear when randomizing or when the game generates sims.

The game itself does much a better job with the combination. Yes there are few exceptions but they are not many. Now no more I get a pink or blue haired sim wearing a green bra with long brown socks and stripped skirt!

How can I do that @halimali1980 ?

You can use Sims4 Studio for that.
    See their forums, you need to register. Very easy instructions. Whenever I download new CC I disable randomization
    http://sims4studio.com/board/41/custom-content-management-tutorials

The only two items that I keep for randomization are custom skins showing in skin and custom eyes showing in eye color.

Thank you!!! Ive never used the sims 4 studio before

It is good to preview CC, delete unwanted swatches or packages and also to remove randomization.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Oh no...please no. Game... just no.
    1.6.jpg
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I guess it could be an exercise outfit, but still. NO.

tumblr_o1pcmpi8Ac1rekivco1_1280.png
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Lol! This is a super cute and funny thread. I've seen my share of Townie Sims...with... ehem.. interesting fashion tastes.. but sadly, I've not taken any pictures. x-x I'll definitely have to do that the next time I'm in game, especially since this thread is here.

Thanks for sharing everyone. Right now I'm on page two. Loving the pictures so far. :D.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Oh no...please no. Game... just no.
    1.6.jpg

And thus why none of my elders wear this one. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Not a townie and but one of the children in my Legacy save recently aged up in this...

2i96ruu.jpg

Why game why? What have I ever done to hurt you?
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Not a townie and but one of the children in my Legacy save recently aged up in this...

2i96ruu.jpg

Why game why? What have I ever done to hurt you?

Oh dear. I know he's named after a character that lives with aliens that wear some interesting attire, but I think he may need to realize he's only named after him...lol. Shorts are cute though.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    cx9ZVTw.png

I gave her a make over :)

njD70W7.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Orchid13 I actually like that sim you found (Below),and would even make one intentionally like that.She is awesome!!.I made one the other day wearing a black and white polka dotted blazer paired it with a silver sequin skirt with white knee-highs and high heels.So yeah yours is fabulous :love: you should have kept her.

11tpe10.png[/quote]
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I made my sim wait to go home to go to bed, waiting for this one to stand up so I could make fun of her outfit.
    o797ia.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2016
    Didn't the devs say before release that they made the AI more stylish this time around, meaning townies wouldn't like this? Since then I have realized they were lying. :D To make matters worse, some CC creators allow their creations to be randomly used on townies, so I have plenty of male sims with eyeliner and pink lip gloss... This happens with base game content too, though, and I'm not evenn sure if creators can affect it. :p I often use testingcheats to fix the worst crimes against humanity (and fashion) I see around town.

Its typically connected to custom content. When creating it there are 'flags' for fashion placement. Color combinations, warm vs cool colors etc. I think many creators don't bother to edit those settings so you get odd stuff like this. I kinda like it though. It makes me giggle when I see townies dressed like this. Mostly because it reminds me of the fashion nightmares in the real world. I've seen (and I'm sure you all have too) some real doozies.

My hubby plays the sims also and some of the things he purposely puts together on his active sims would make you swear a random generator dressed them :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    TinjaNurtleTinjaNurtle Posts: 167 Member
    I found this walking train wreck today.

24170q1.jpg
    Origin ID: pizza_the_hut82
    Steam ID:GreenEggsandPam
  • Options
    Upper part is fine, but oh dear mighty the purple socks with open heels. Nuuu!! D:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    I saw these two walking by my sims house the last time I played. They're not horrible, but... :D

d34294ac-721c-4327-b4f0-1df7d4f7901b_zpslgrttbhp.png

62397e01-2232-4150-9f7c-04c7cdd59116_zpspkofaouw.png
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    sshaw1 wrote: »
    I saw these two walking by my sims house the last time I played. They're not horrible, but... :D

d34294ac-721c-4327-b4f0-1df7d4f7901b_zpslgrttbhp.png

62397e01-2232-4150-9f7c-04c7cdd59116_zpspkofaouw.png

Your signature is so appropriate for this thread.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    She had just become a teenager. How about no?

tumblr_o2637jeWkC1up0k3mo1_1280.png
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Chushii58Chushii58 Posts: 49 Member
    Been saving this for a while, now that I can finally attach pictures, this is one of the worst townies I've seen.
    12-10-15_11-32-29nbspAM_zpsicvmnegz.png
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    The perfect mix of summer and winter? At least the hat and top are matching :lol:
    UpCKj5b.jpg
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    I got Sims 4 Studio and disallowed all CC for townies to stop this. Was driving me nuts.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I got Sims 4 Studio and disallowed all CC for townies to stop this. Was driving me nuts.

Did the same thing. All my townies are free of CC and look much better
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top