Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Exchange Is Bor.... FIXED! YAY! THANK YOU TEAM!

Comments

• Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2016
    I am so seriously pithed off!

pGpkrHF.jpg

Yeah! They talking to me about You EA ...
    Post edited by ddutoit on
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
  • Options
    Got a complaint - Tweet Peter Moore, EA's Chief Operating Officer - cos no one else cares ... https://twitter.com/petermooreea
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    6 Weeks/ 6 Days...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I just tried to upload something to my studio twice but it did not work. I read on another thread of someone uploading a new build to their studio with no problem. Someone in the thread had already downloaded their new build.

My question is does everyone having problems with the exchange have their game at update 1.67 or lower? I know I'm running at 1.67. Is anyone at update level 1.69 having problems with the exchange?

I'm at patch 1.67 and I've uploaded 2 lots and a household since the exchange broke. I do have a couple downloads on those but they are all from the first day or 2 so I'm guessing from being seen on My Page with the direct link.

I do have a team mate @Sandraelle, who is patched to 1.69 and the exchange is broke for her too. She's been able to upload lots and sims but no one can see hers either.

OK I did a little experimenting. The first 2 times I tried to upload my new sim last night it gave me the red circle crossed out. The third time it showed the little green up arrow but it did not show up in my studio. I tried an older sim this morning and he uploaded fine. I then tried removing some of the CC I had on my new sim, gave him a new name and he shows up in my studio fine. I could download both of these sims but the number of downloads reported in my studio still say 0 downloads. So I'm not sure what the issue is.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited February 2016
    Its Happy Monday!! Since they will be back at work today maybe we will get some action!! I'm not holding my breath since EA/Maxis doesn't know that PRIORITY means before anything else and not after 16 months or more.

Will tweet @SimGuruDrake again and yes, will add one to Mr Peter too.
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    123321ab123321ab Posts: 299 Member
    We can only hope, @bekkasan :disappointed:
  • Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    What one trust to be true, is turning to compromises.
    What is called resignation is confirmed desperation." ( Henry David Thoreau)

One of my favorite quotes. Curios, if my post is showing up here.
    Then I can try to become a member again. :)
  • Options
    hexe58hexe58 Posts: 36 Member
    I want to offend anyone but it is really nerve make any times what this says or writes that if one is off or whether you die our page and I can well understand it some air temporary is me then but I know me you must sometimes us thinking there is the US would not have to do anything then there you also it is always give a and just take each side feels shut after so long time in the stitch is allowed so unfortunately drum some be freed just so from their anger so a bit more humanity would be also appropriate because it thinks no evil we want to just play and fun have life is anyway not always good when we look at the messages get depression so we need our game so please do so personally LG take. Hexchen :)

Hi when is your request our exchange of Sim3 or say know

that just read we are locked I am beginning at Sim3 and bought everything that is not nice by the operator simply people people mouth dead to do just that you can not post your problem and needs not to tell her or for us that am repaired severely disappointed by you :)
  • Options
    cheymatcheymat Posts: 46 Member
    I too wish they would fix the Exchange. This has gone on long enough, though I will admit that I am new to The Sims, but still...i want to see all of you guys new creations! I am a new member, so i cant join in with the siggys, but once I get proper posting creds I will help to take up the fight! :)
  • Options
    The first of february. No word, no sign, no guru with an answer.
    At least, I'm glad, that I can talk to my friends and send my pictures to our page.
    But I know, those who spent hours and hours of building are so, so dissapointed,
    not being able to show their work properly.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    I have built something, it's not the best, but I'm proud of it and if I'm proud why should I have to not be able to share it with other simmers? Sure I can create a thread and make videos of my work on YouTube, but I can't use the sims for what it is. The sims is meant to build things and share with other people if that doesn't work then a feature of the game is technically missing. I don't expect it to work properly all the time and I'm sure there will always be glitches (after all, the exchange hasn't ever been the stablest of sites) But I do expect to have a guru on the case. They may say they are looking into it and maybe they are, but I think we deserve updates at the least.

This thread first got posted in December 2015 (It was so long ago that I don't even know when!) But, what I do know is that it's been two months (maybe more) and nothing. I just wish they would do something about it.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
  • Options
    deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    Is the exchange being borked the reason why loads of my uploads that I recently uploaded have gone missing, if so then that's frustrating. Thanks for letting me know about this.
  • Options
    Hello @SimGuruDrake You working today? Can you find the dev fixing the exchange and give us an update please?
  • Options
    On the german website Sim-Guru Pierce posted, that they contacted a Community manager named Kristie. This is the answer, they got:
    "Hello all,
    The issues with Exchange are still being worked on and the studio is aware of the issues with gifts and adding/searching for friends. I am sorry, but there is currently no ETA on a resolution for this issue.
    Apologies for any inconvenience this causes!"

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Exchange-not-updating-since-12th-December/m-p/5115218
  • Options
    On the german website Sim-Guru Pierce posted, that they contacted a Community manager named Kristie. This is the answer, they got:
    "Hello all,
    The issues with Exchange are still being worked on and the studio is aware of the issues with gifts and adding/searching for friends. I am sorry, but there is currently no ETA on a resolution for this issue.
    Apologies for any inconvenience this causes!"

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Exchange-not-updating-since-12th-December/m-p/5115218

Don't apologize EA - just fix the ding-dang Exchange! :rage:
  • Options
    Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep. I checked. Exchange is still borked :( Sharpening my tweet skills.
  • Options
    Sigh ;(
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    This just proves how fast they want to drop sims 3. They closed the sims 3 website forums as soon as sims 4 came out and then out of nowhere the exchange stops working and still no word, why?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    cheymatcheymat Posts: 46 Member
    > @BrittanyChick22 said:
    > This just proves how fast they want to drop sims 3. They closed the sims 3 website forums as soon as sims 4 came out and then out of nowhere the exchange stops working and still no word, why?

It's a conspiracy! A conspiracy I tell you! *Runs off to find tin foil hat*

Though honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. They want us to play Sims 4 because it's shiny, new, and 'better'.

Oh, and it costs more. It all about the $$$$.
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2016
    :/
    7 Weeks!!!!!!!!
    :/
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Just found this thread. Hadn't realized the Exchange was borked. I had kind of thought I wasn't seeing anything new, but hadn't really looked closely. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that selecting "today" only showed items from December 15.

My suggestion for those of you who would like to upload immediately would be to upload at MTS for now. Doesn't mean you can't also upload here - at least, after they fix it - but for now you would be able to have people see and download your stuff. The Sims 3 uploads there have slowed down in the past month or two, and I would personally love seeing new things on that site. Let 'em know Sims 3 isn't dead! :)
  • Options
    This just proves how fast they want to drop sims 3. They closed the sims 3 website forums as soon as sims 4 came out and then out of nowhere the exchange stops working and still no word, why?

They'll drop Sims4 just as fast when (if) Sims5 comes out. :/