Seems like we have a recurring Mac/Sims 4 glitch happening more often since Get Together was released:
VMmap needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type in your password to allow this
Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type your password to allow this
If you are experiencing this issue please post your Mac's details here. Yes, I know I always ask for them when trying to collect information but they are vital in trying to work out the issue and reproduce it which is what the devs will do. If you don't provide ALL the information asked for your efforts will have been for nothing. Just saying "I have a 2011 13" MacBook Pro" is useless.
To find the information click on the Apple logo, top left of your desktop, then About This Mac
. Provide all the information in the window that pops up, minus the serial number:
If you have a 15" MacBook Pro click on System Report
and also list your dedicated NVIDIA or AMD graphics card if you have one.
The following info will also be very helpful:
- What are you doing in game when this happens?
- How much space is available on your internal hard drive/SSD/Flash storage?
- Are you running antivirus?
- Any other Apps running like Safari, Mail, Spotify, iTunes etc.
- Have you tried disabling Origin in Game for Sims 4 (Right click on the game in Origin and click View Game Details then Game Properties. Check the box next to Disable Origin in game for this game)?
- Does playing in windowed mode cut down on the errors?
- What EPs/GPs/SPs do you have installed?
- Does the problem still occur when you move out your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and play a brand new game?
Thanks to those who are providing their information. Nothing can ever get fixed unless information is passed over to EA.